Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #16  
soontobethin

Hi all,
Just thought I would drop a quick line. I joined my community center track today. At a $1 a year, you can't go wrong. went and walked two miles today. Hopefully walking will help. Read an article on how to lose weight by eating fast food. Now I know what to eat when I go out.
Jana, I love the jewelery I got at K-mart. They are always that low around here. I have a couple of rings and bracelets and I think a necklace or two. Sorry about your bil. I will keep him in my prayers. Hope everyone has a good week.
Ricci
Old 07-09-2003, 11:41 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Evening ladies, just checking in.

WELCOME Angel lover! WOW, a grandmother at the age of 35?! And 11 at that! You have truly been blessed. I can only hope for grandchildren, which is fine. My kids still have plenty of time to think about things like that. They are 22, soon to be 23 the end of the month, 21 1/2 and 19 1/2. I too am an angel collector. I started about 4 years ago when my son bought me one of those Seraphim Angels, boy are they gorgeous. Now I collect just about anything to do with angels. I too have them in my car. I love the ones used in your signature.

Ricci, WOW, you joined the community center for a dollar? That is great and the best deal ever! I think I read that article to about the fast food. i go by the WW guide that I bought there. it tells the points and such of a lot of fast food places and restaurants.

Jana, WOW, that was some deal on your bracelet. Unfortunately we don't have a K-mart here. Actually there was two one on the west side of town which I don't frequent for no particular reason except that it is too far and the eastside which is closest to me and they closed that one down.

I am so sorry to hear of your BIL, that is so sad. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and definitely say a prayer or two for him and for you all to have the strength to endure this trying journey. I know too well how hard it is too see a loved one go through this type of ordeal.

Michelle, I hope you are feeling better.

Okay ladies I am outta here, see ya in the morn.

P.S. Ladies just so you don't think this is someone new or you ar losing it I had my member name changed to my name, of course changed my avatar also. Why can't I leave those things alone? I will this time. I definitely like seeing my name over the evasivemarigold name.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-09-2003 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:07 AM   #18  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

"Cramps that would kill a small farm animal"?

Owie! Thats a pretty apt but also very funny description--it give my son the giggles. I do hope you feel better--cramps like that are the pits.

I'm obviously back from Maine, where we had a wonderful time, but I came back to two exams, so I had to hustle to get them finished. I'm tired now, but I'll post one photo taken at Crescent Beach in Cape Elizabeth, ME...one of my favourite beaches of all time, and its exactly the same as it was 25 years ago.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:09 AM   #19  
The Rockinghorse Gal

(Thats my son sititng there, about to be innundated by a wave)
Old 07-10-2003, 08:10 AM   #20  

Hi Cristi.....don't blame you for changing the avatar, you need to put a name that pretty above it.

Thought I better correct you (of course, wish I didn't have to.hehe) If you go back & check....I've been MARRIED 35 yrs. I'm 54 yrs old. Oh well....you made me feel young..... Good luck with your Angel collection!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:59 PM   #21  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Angel lover - (Should we just call you AL? ) WELCOME to our little club!! I think you and I may be the only grandmas here. Isn't it great to be a grandma??? I have twins granddaughters, and they just turned 1. GD # 3 is due Oct. 7th. Yay!

Michelle - give the pup a hug from me.

Ricci - wow, that's great about you joining the track. You're really serious about this, aren't you?

Cristi - love the new avatar and name!

KAT!!! Welcome back, you beach bunny! The photo makes me want to jump right in with you guys - you both look like you're having a ball. Refresh my memory - is this where you grew up?

Thank you Cristi and Ricci for including my bil in your prayers.

I got the grocery shopping done and bought some Strawberry Shortcake Skinny Cows. Have any of you tried that flavor? They look scrumptious for only 2 points. Later today I have to go to the doc with DD16. She has unbearable cramps - yes, bad enough to kill a small farm animal! and so we are going to get her on some other kind of meds.

Better run,
Jana
Old 07-10-2003, 01:04 PM   #22  
One day at a time

Geez, Angel Lover how the heck did I miss that? It was late, that's all I can say! I was wondering, a 35 year old grandmother with 11 grandkids?! Well, actually I guess that could be possible if you starting popping out babies when you were 12! My sister was a grandmother when she was 33 of course her son was 16 when he had a child. So anythings possible I suppose. Well I'm glad I could make you feel young and get a good laugh!

Kat, looks like you and your son had a GREAT time in ME. It is Kat(fropvd) right? I don't want to be calling someone by another name. I so miss the beach. I lived in CA for many years and just about lived at the beach.

Hope EVERYONE is having a GREAT Thursday.

P.S. Jana, guess we were posting at the same time. I hope your dd gets to feeling better. My dd gets the same cramps but she won't go to the dr. She just pops the tylenol like crazy and goes to bed. The doctor we have treats her like a little child and talks to her like so saying things like does your tummy hurt? Either that or makes her think it is all in her head. She's 19! I don't know why she does this to my dd she has always been fine with me but dd doesn't like her. At the same time she doesn't want to go to a new doctor. Can't win. And you are welcome for the prayers!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-10-2003 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:33 PM   #23  

Hi everybody!! Jana.....if you want to call me Al....that's just fine. It's a long name to spell out. See, I don't have to do that!hehe Yes, it's great to be a grandmother. And even if we are grandmothers....doesn't mean we can't keep up with the rest! (at least I'll try.hehe)

How nice to have twin granddaughters! I've got twin daughters! Thought they never would grow up. They were very mischievious! Now, I miss them being home. They are identical, & very close. I have to remind them sometimes that they have another brother & sister......& please don't leave them out of things. Yes, I still "mother" them all. Hope your daughter gets better.

Hope your daughter gets better, also, Cristi. I understand about the drs. When you're young, they don't think you know enough to tell them anything. When you're older, they think you're too old to remember anything!
Old 07-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #24  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Yep, Kat and fropvd are the same person.

I grew up in Maine close to the ocean, so we went on a regular basis--its still my favourite place to swim. My son didn't expect the saltiness and actually threw up after he got a mouthful--poor thing. It was funny though, and didn't stop him from having a blast in the water after that.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:43 PM   #25  

Hi Ladies..

Im promise Im in a much better mood this time!
I think making it to the gym makes a big difference for me, mentally and physically. I went and bought myself a ton of fruit, so I have something to munch on when I get a craving for sweets. So Im back on the wagon, and feeling good about it. Only a few more days of TOM left, but I think the worst of it is over. My day two is usually the worst, and thats where I was yesterday. My hubby says hes going to buy stock in Midol...lol.

Thank you so much for all your good advice and kind words. I know what I have to do with these people, but I just never do it. Carree...you were right when you said that none of them would be there for me. Ive only lived here for just under two years, and dont really know anyone other than all of these people. I have never socialized with any of them, other than the SIL. They have never invited me over for coffee, or out for lunch, but they are more than happy to dump thier kids off on me.
Youll be happy to know that the SIL showed up out of the blue with her kids yesterday afternoon, and said they wanted to stay for a while. And I said NO! Yayyy me! I think I was just fed up enough yesterday to say it.

Welcome back Kat! Im so glad you had a great trip. The beach looks beautiful, and you and your son look like youre having a blast. BTW, Im glad I could make your son laugh..now Im chuckling at him throwing up in the water..

Hi Angel!! So nice to meet you. I love all the little pics and animations that you add to your posts. They really brighten up the thread! I look forward to chatting more with you.

Cristi...the av and name update look good on you!

Ricci...$1 a year to join the track??? Where do I sign up? Thats a fantastic deal. Is it an indoor or outdoor track? I have one near my house, but its on the ohio river, and floods sometimes, so I cant use it all the time.

Jana...Im so sorry to hear about your BIL. I hope he is doing well, and that the trip to Indy helps. Tell your daughter..I feel her pain. I hope the doc can find her something to help with the pain.
I guess youre probably not too far off from putting that bracelet on your wrist. I need to try some of the skinny cows ice cream. I keep hearing about it on this site, but have never seen it anywhere around here. Weve been buying the fat free Klondike Bars, and theyre pretty yummy.
I keep seeing serious flooding in Indiana. I cant remember exactly where you are, but I hope its not anywhere near the affected areas.

Well, I better get the laundry. I have a feelingits not going to wash itself.

Hello to everyone else!
I hope all is well in your part of the world.

Michelle
Old 07-10-2003, 08:59 PM   #26  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Just a note to report that I worked into my points a 3 Musketeer bar - 6 points. And it was NOT worth it!! It didn't taste as good as I remember, and was almost TOO sweet. Oh well, at least I'm over the craving and still OP to boot....

Be good!
Jana
Old 07-11-2003, 09:02 AM   #27  

Good morning all...

WHat a beautiful morning here. Its so nice and cool, which is wonderful after the hot, muggy days we've been having.

Jana...Im sorry your 3muskateers bar was no good. But its probably for the best anyway. Ive never liked the taste or texture of them, so I dont blame ya.

Im taking the pups for an early walk while its still cool.
Other than that, its a housework kind of day. Bleh.
If I get enough done today, I can relax allll day tomorrow.

Hope everyones doing well.
See you later...

Michelle
Old 07-11-2003, 10:36 AM   #28  
soontobethin

The track I am going to is indoor. What can I say, I like exercising in a climate controlled enviroment. Who doesn't, right? They keep it the same temp in there all yr, so when I start sweating in the winter, I will know its not from the heater. The only bad thing is its a small track 1 mile =18 laps. I also got a gift card to Target for my birthday from my grandma, so what did I buy with it? A work out video. That is just how I am. I get money to buy anythng, and I always buy something healthy. Oh well, its worth it in the long run. Now if I could just get hubby to work out with me.......
Ricci
Old 07-11-2003, 10:55 AM   #29  

Everybody!! Hope you have as beautiful a day as I have here! The sun is shining, after a day of storms......

Jana...that 3 Muskateers might not taste good to you...but I think I could deal with it right now! LOL Anyway....I've found Brown Cow fudge cicles are really helping me with my choc cravings. I try to keep mostly fruit, though, 'cause I don't trust myself with too much sweets around here.

Don't have a lot of time today....just wanted to stop by & wish you all well. Thanks, Elle, for the compliment....I really enjoy finding & posting the images. Glad you enjoy them.

Hope all have a good day!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:42 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies

Jana, I did the same thing with a Herseys choc. bar, I thought I was craving chocolate and it sounded so good but after eating it it just didn't taste as good as it used to.

Kat, from the photo it looked like your son was enjoying the water! Great photo by the way.

Michelle, good for you for saying NO! WTG, for saying no and for buying the fruit and getting back on the wagon, you are on a roll lady!

Ricci, WTG on buying healthy! So, what video did ya get? I have Richard Simmons his very first one, Denise Austins Pilates and the 2 mile WATP and I love them. Haven't done the pilates as much as I probably should but I will one day.

Angel-lover, I too adore all the clip-art/images. They are great. Where do you find them? For a while I was finding all kinds on different sites, my son was doing a web page for me. Also, before I changed my username I was looking for a marigold to go with the name but I tired of looking so changed my name instead. Originally I wanted a name with daisy in it because I started out with the daisy avatar but too many people have usernames with Daisy in it.

As for me, today was weigh in and I am down 1.5 lbs. and I am pleased. I had wanted to lose at least 1 pound so I will definintely take the 1.5. Maybe if I exercise more this week I will lose more by next weigh in. I have definitely slacked off on my walking/exercise this past week.

I hope EVERYONE is doing fine and you ALL have a GREAT weekend.
Closed Thread