Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 09:31 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down July Jaded Ladies # 8

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of women who support each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 07-25-2003, 09:38 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down Here we go....

Hi all,

Michelle - thanks for the lunch ideas! I used to eat tortillas all the time at lunch and totally forgot about them.

Tonya - well, how did the day go with your 2 helpers?

Marti - thanks for the lunch ideas and for explaining MOA.

Hi to the others....

DS31 invited us over for dinner tonight and I stayed within my points range! His girlfriend brought over a strawberry pie, but I didn't even get close enough to it to smell it. I knew the menu ahead of time, and had worked one brownie into my points. Mmmmmm it was SO good!!

Gotta get a shower. Talk to you tomorrow!
Jana Banana
Old 07-26-2003, 12:06 AM   #3  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Its really hard for me to keep track of threads that change numbers every few days (I bookmark the threads and have them on my Palm Pilot)...can we work out some sort of situation that works well for everybody? What are you using for a browser Jana?
Old 07-26-2003, 06:58 AM   #4  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Everyone!

Checking in and excited about all the new people posting. Sorry, I am once again behind in all of the posts.

Finished my first week of doing The Firm workouts. Made it through the whole hour all three times....modified a lot since I am a beginner and some of those moves are killers!

Find it difficult to keep up with the choreography although I understand after awhile you can do it in your sleep.

Always have to remember to stay within points. All the exercise in the world does not make up for eating too much.

Love,
carree
Old 07-26-2003, 12:28 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!!

Kat - what the problem is, is my ISP is antiquated. But I live in the country, and have little choice. My computer totally stalls when I try to download long threads. As soon as my satellite company offers it, we will be connected through them. What you can do is bookmark Support and go to the thread that way. It's one extra step, but not very time consuming. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience....

Carree - sounds like you are doing great witht The Firm. How are you doing with the water? With the heat we've had, it's been easy for me to get more than enough. As for the coordination, you oughta see me do my video! It's a hoot! I'm sure you would feel like a ballerina compared to me.

I made blackberry jelly today, and will give most of it away. One tablespoon is 1 WW point, but well worth it.

BBL,
Jana
Old 07-26-2003, 01:46 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies and a Happy Saturday to All!

Jana, good for you for staying within your points at DS's! Are you wearing that bracelet yet? I can't remember when your weigh in is, sorry.

Carree, yes, WTG on the firm video! Sounds like you are doing great.

I too am behind on posts. You miss one day around here and it is difficult to catch up. So sorry ladies if I don't go back to #7 and acknowledge each post. Just know I think about each and everyone of you and wish you well.

Not much going on with me today. It's a lazy day around here, well if you don't count the laundry I have to do, the vacuuming and the exercise. Doesn't quite sound like a lazy day does it? I did get in a 30 mn. bike ride this morning and will do my Richard Simmons once hubby has gone to work. I will not do it in front of him, never.

I hope all you Jaded Ladies have a great weekend!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:13 AM   #7  

Hi ladies...

Hubby is still working on the computer, so Im only on sporadically. He cant seem to get xp in without it messing up a bunch of stuff...including the keyboard. grrrr!
Wow, I cant believe how fast this forum moves now. I can barely keep up.
Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good with the work outs and the eating. Good for us! Im pretty on plan, eating wise, but havent been hitting the gym as much as Id like.

Ive been a busy girl, researching and working on a business plan. We have decided to open a doggie daycare! Im so excited. We all said how much we liked dogs over people. Well now I get to work with them alll day. And I get to bring my own with me everyday too. I just couldnt stand the thought of having to go back to work for someone else. Ive worked retail for nearly 15 years, and it has just sucked the life out of me. I managed a picture framing shop for 9 years, then moved on to manage a 20,000 sq ft furniture store with 40 employees. It was corporate ****. Now Im done. Ive wanted my own business for so long, and dammit Im gonna make it happen!
Our rough target date is early in the new year. So far Ive just built an online survey to find out some information about who our customers will be and what they expect in this kind of service. If anyone wants to check it out its at www.dogdaycaresurvey.homestead.com

I guess everyone must be having a busy weekend. It slows down enough here on the weekends that I can kinda catch up...lol

Ill be back as ASAP.

Stay healthy ladies!

Michelle
Old 07-27-2003, 12:37 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi Ladies,

Cristi - Hon, I don't exercise in front of ANYONE, except the dog, and I think she laughs when my head is turned....

Michelle - OMG!! What a totally cool business! There is such a demand for anything to do with pets now, I just know you will be a big success at this!! I will check out your website later.

Well, ladies, I tried so hard to get the 1 pound off so I could wear my bracelet today that I lost 3 1/4 pounds!!! I got off the scale and then got back on to make sure it was for real! That's 27 1/4 for me now. It sure adds up...

I'm in the middle of cooking Sunday dinner, but wanted to share that with you guys, because if I didn't have your support, it would be a whole lot harder to lose weight. Thanks a bazillion for being here!

BBL,
Jana

PS What's the best movie you've rented lately? We have seen About Schmidt and Two Weeks Notice, but that's about it....and are wanting to watch some new ones.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:11 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies-

Michelle- I looked at your website for your doggy daycare and if I lived in your area, I would bring my dogs over! I have never heard of a doggy daycare. I am going to see if they have such a thing in my area. What a great idea! I have two little chihuahua's and they are such sweet little things. When I mention to friends about owning chihuahua's they usually comment on why I would own ankle biters who bark alot. The usual comments. These two are soooo lazy and kick back. Sometimes I need to get them going so they get their excercise!!!
But anyway, I think what you're doing is wonderful. They should have one everywhere! Congratulations for the new job and being your own boss!!

Jana- Excellent on the weight loss!! I'm so happy for you! It must feel so wonderful expecting just a little off and then seeing more than what you had expected!! You deserve a big congratulations!

I have been busy and not so busy the last two days. You know the feeling when you know you've been bustin butt, yet you don't feel like you've accomplished anything?? That's how I feel right now. But that's ok,,,will be working through all that. (trying to get organized with moving, cancelling the paper, postponing the gym membership... etc... those kinds of stuff)

Yep, I've postponed my membership at the gym for 6mo. I haven't gone in 6mos. and I'm still paying for it, and that was just eating at me! So to save money, I put it on hold. Not to worry though, I'm still getting my workouts by packing, and working on the house. And, the house I'm moving to is just a block away from the bike trail and I love going on that trail. It used to be the train track that went up into the mountains, and they no longer used it, (the mill up there has been closed for years) and so they decided to put in a bike trail. For that small town, I thought it was a wonderful idea. And the view on your way up during the Fall..... absolutely gorgeous!

I hope all are doing well this Sunday. I'm going to a farewell part later today. My cousin and her husband are moving to Virginia and the whole family are getting together.

I'm looking forward to my weigh in day.(Tuesdays) Jana got me curious as to see if I've accomplish anything in week. I'm always tempted to step on it before the day, but..... one thing I finally got myself used to is to weigh in only ONCE a week, not everyday!!! I also measure once a month.

Ok, I'm done writing my book for today.....(I always get carried away) Have a wonderful day!
Marti
Old 07-27-2003, 01:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Question

Oh yeah-
Browsing around I've seen a couple of places where they did a bio thing.... Have you ladies done that? I curious only because it would be nice to get to know more about everyone....(age, family and so on)
Just wondering.

Marti
Old 07-27-2003, 06:29 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies!

See Jana, I KNEW you would do it this week! Not just one pound but a big whopping 3 1/4! WTG You are doing an awesome job with your weight loss. About the movies, I rented a bunch a few weeks ago and apparently they weren't that great because for the life of me I can't remember what I rented!

Michelle, I checked out your site and did the survey, that is awesome. What a GREAT business, a doggy daycare, such a perfect business for dog lovers!

Marti, a bio sounds great. You are going to have to post some photos for us. Good luck with your weigh in on Tuesday.

I too get to where I want to step on the scales before my actual weigh in day. Of course I have gone back and forth with the idea of only weighing once a month and was going to start doing this August 1st but I just don't think I can do it. I have been weighing once a week for so long I am afraid. I feel I need to keep on top of it and if I gain anything then I know I need to work harder the next week. If I go a whole month without weighing I am too afraid of what will happen. Not much confidence in myself huh? I just need to do what I need to do for me. maybe one day I will be able to weigh in once a month, for now this is working for me.

Well, I need to get off this thing ladies. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:34 PM   #12  
Fit and Feisty

Default Two Chihuahuas!

Marti,

I also have two Chihuahuas, a female and a male (brother and sister). I knew absolutely nothing about the breed before I got them, and I love them to pieces.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:07 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hi ladies,

Marti - the bike trail sounds so nice and pretty. You're gonna love that. Hey, write as much as you want! I have never ever been bored by anyone's post and just love reading what everyone else is doing!

Cristi - you are right to do what is right for you. It's proven that people who are successful at weight loss have fine-tuned things to their own method of what works and what doesn't for their own lives and bodies.

Carree - so how are Cali and Cooper?

Hi to the others.... Kayecee, did you get lost in a mall??

Funny you should mention Bios for everyone. Last Thursday I PM'd one of the 3fatchicks and asked if we could possibly have our own little niche in the Clubs and Groups section. She hasn't answered me yet. But we could have Bios, Recipes, Challenges, Off-topic chit chat, NSVs, etc. I am just waiting for an answer! But wouldn't that be great???

I got exciting news today - my nephew and his wife are expecting twins in February. Now my DD won't be the only one in her generation with twins in the family. I am already planning the baby shower, lol.

BBL,
Jana
Old 07-28-2003, 10:16 AM   #14  
The ever shrinking woman!

Morning ladies

Well Friday was bad news. Jana, my day was not so good... they didn't cooperate very well with their mommy at work..

Then when I got home, it got worse, and I ended up getting very frustrated with them, and I ruined my food for that day. Then this weekend, I had pretty much no computer access, so sorry for such a late reply

I am making a new start this monday. I pretty much blew the whole weekend, no details needed. But today is Monday, it's a new day, I will start over today

how is everyone else doing ?
Old 07-28-2003, 07:51 PM   #15  
it's always something

We'd be happy to add Jaded Ladies forum to our Clubs and Groups section, if everyone agrees

Marti and Carree, I have a chihuahua, too Lola is the sweetest thing. I agree that people misunderstand them and assume they are yappy little things. In the last year, Lola has barked only 3 times. She is curious, but very laid back. She's about 8 years old, and weighs 3 pounds. Lol, I feel like a proud mama
Closed Thread