Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Nope the friend had local anesthesia. But she wanted me to get her a nausea med so that explained some things, but also saw that there was oxycodone in there too. Both will make you sleepy. I'm disappointed that Jen hasn't kept us informed. Think maybe she doesn't want to be bothered.
Has the PT helped your neck and hips?
-------------
It's been a slow day at work today. I'm glad.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #77  

Hi everyone.

Ceejay - Nice to have a slow day to ease into the work week, especially after having company.

Happy - What a PITA with the multiple impressions for the fluoride trays. Are they thinking at all??? Too bad you missed that auction - would have been nice for you to have the pool passes (assume that means they have a whirlpool too??)

Susie - Sorry the procedure didn't zap the afib, but good to hear dh's heart muscle is healthy. Congrats on the loss this week!!

Michelle - Thanks for doing all that work on the photo/picture captions!!

Hi Shad, hi Annie - Hope you both had good weekends!
==
Yesterday I got out in the yard and cut back the hosta foliage, and then I also yanked out some of the ivy that I'd been letting take over in the back of the yard in the corner by the shed. Bf saying it would be a good place for a skunk to nest easily convinced me! All that pulling was good exercise, and my hands are a bit sore today from using the pruner.

We also moved the table saw from the garage to the basement (where it belonged anyway). Bf moved our bikes and the bike stand to the basement and installed it down there. That's a better spot too - our bikes are too pricey to be leaving in the garage in the rare event that we leave the door open.

After lunch, we went to Home Depot for various items, then Sears, where they had a good display of the Craftsman and Gladiator brand garage organizer systems. We ended up buying some Gladiator wall tracks and a variety of hooks.

I took doggy for a walk, and that was about it for yesterday.

Today was my usual lazy morning, except I also boiled some eggs and made a batch of steel cut oats. I spooned the cooked oats (with cinnamon and raisins mixed in) into a muffin tin and puts some chopped apple into the middle and topped it off with more oatmeal. I put it in the freezer and after I post this I'll pop them out of the tins and put them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer. Better for me than the fridge because I never have 4 servings of oatmeal in a week. Hopefully they heat up nicely in the microwave for a quick workday breakfast.

Sorted laundry, threw in a load, then did one BE workout. The hamstring routine was deceptively effective. I feel it now and I bet I'll be feeling it tomorrow. Now that my quads are finally losing their soreness!

After lunch was another trip to Home Depot for the screws needed to fasten the geartracks to our garage walls (concrete block), and then back home to walk doggy. Did another load of laundry, and changed the sheets.

And here we are. Bf is raking leaves in front. We have to look up the date of the last curbside pickup. Not that our oak tree ever cooperates...

Okay, I think I'm going to season and bake some pita bread to eat with hummus. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #78  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone....

Busy day today....ran errands, bought too many books at the library book sale...now I'm going to settle in and watch a movie.

Laura - For the past few weeks, I've been having steel cut oats for breakfast along with a greek yogurt. Keeps me full 'til lunchtime. I started out buying the microwaveble ones at Costco, but have for the past week been making batches every other day. It's yummy, and I like that it has protein.

I'll try and catch up with y'all later or in the morning before I leave for the doctor appt.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #79  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I did post a short note yesterday to say that I was running around like a chook with it's head chopped off but things are okay, just busy. Next life I am coming back as a check out chick.

The wind is blowing and things are getting somewhat horizontal. One of these days I will be back with a full report. Meantime, sorry this is short. No news from NJ. Such is life.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #80  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Vets Morning here.

Last year C and I got a free dinner for him and only paid for mine at Olive Garden. Very nice. My son is going somewhere tonight with his wife.

The funeral was bautiful. Full military funeral with casion (horse drawn carriage for caske)t from across the base. Beautiful black, fluffly arabian horses, then 3 gun salute followed by taps. Bawled like a baby. Then they brought his urn into the center for a 2 1/2 hour funeral, mostly speakers. So lovely.

Saturday was errands and cleaning, baked an apple pie for Sam's bd celebration I had. Her bd dinner request was chicken tetrazini, green beans, cauliflower, my homemade breadsticks, and apple pie with vanilla ice cream. I didn't eat any breadsticks, pie or icecream....Yeah!! And it is all gone. Two of my bros and wives came as did my nephew and my DS/wife. Of course Sam, CHris and Lil Man. Not there weekend for Ains. We had a very good time and play cards too. Laughed a lot.

Got my Sketcher Shape Up tennies in the mail on Saturday. I tried wearing them, but had dropped a can of soup on my 2nd toe on my bad foot and it hurt too bad to wear them. Will give them another try when toe heals. I am thinking I need to get bionic feet installed. Like the 6 million dollar man. lol

Tried to watch a movie on Hallmark that was a new one last night but couldn't stay awake for the last half hour. Should have tho cause I was up at 1 on the couch and couldn't sleep. Bleh.

I, like the rest of us-no rest for the weary-I have to work today also. I did get to tell a cop this morning thank you for all he does. He smiled and thanked me right back. I like letting them know I appreciate them.

SHADDIE...that job is taking you away from us too much. Tell them you need a Chicklet time out. lol Hope you are doing well.

CHELLE...glad to hear your sugars are doing well. Good job on the pictures. If I send you a flash drive, could you put the pix on it for me? Thank you in advance.

LAURA...have you decided if you are going to join BFs gym yet? Sounds like they offer quite a bit that you are interested in.

HAPPY...bummer on the recall to the dentist, cause I know you are like me, would rather get 10 shots of cortisone than go to the dentist. boo on that. bummer on the 10 punch pool pass too, altho the older I get the less and less I like swimming in public places. All the talk of germs, bacteria and fecal matter in the water just kind of grosses me out. We are having crappy weather also, possible snow flurries this afternoon. Don't see how cause our high is 48, but I "guess" the weather peeps know more than we do...NOT.

SUSIE....glad to hear your DHs heart is in great shape with no blockages or anything. That is certainly a plus on your side. I am still thinking of joining TOPS but have not "made" myself go yet. I suck on that stuff. GOOD JOB on the WL. Congrats girl!!

CEEG...so nice to have company and so nice when they go home, especially when they are sick. Bleh on the slow day at work, makes it seem to last for 20 hours.

Sure am missing our MELLIE. Wish Jen would get off her duff and post us even a one liner. Sheesh.

Have a great Monday/evening, Vets day etc etc. HUGS AND LOVES
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #81  

Annie
Sounds like you have had good week end. Yum on the apple pie and ice cream.
And good for you on not eating any. I liked my shape ups but it made th calves of my legs sore.

Laura
I've never had steel cut oats, but I eat oat meal every morning. I like doing the video's on you tube. I'll see if they have any of those video's.

Michelle
Thanks for all your work on the digital photo's for Mel.

Happy, Shad and Susie

------
Yesterday was quiet and hope that the rest of the week will be also.
My sinus infection is a lot better. Still have some drainage but that's normal for me.
Bff called last night to tell me that most of all the swelling was gone and that you could barely tell that she's had any surgery, face lift. Can't wait to see.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-11-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #82  

Morning all.

Ceejay - This morning I was just thinking about doing an old step workout tonight after work, but I realized it's on VHS, not dvd. We did buy a nice working vhs player from the thrift store a long time ago, but have never hooked it up to any of our tv's. The idea was for us to play the vhs tapes and have them record onto our dvd recorder. Bf has not shown any interest in playing around with the various cable connections to get this to work for us. I suppose I can play around with it a bit myself. But maybe I should just find a workout on youtube and do that first!! Once I start messing around with the electronic stuff, I know I'll be spending a lot of time on it.

Annie - Sounds like your friend's dad was given a lovely sendoff. Ouch re the can dropped on the toe!! What are we going to do with you??!! I still say steel-toe boots are required, LOL. Bionic feet - I love that idea!! Sissy's b-day dinner sounded scrumptious. Happy belated birthday to her! No, I haven't decided yet if I'm joining bf's gym. On the pro side, the gym has pretty good classes. It also has all new equipment and nice amenities. Moneywise, it's less expensive than just taking park district classes alone. On the con side, I'd have to get accustomed to the big gym atmosphere - a lot of people all over, including in the classes. (But it's not really crowded, so that's a plus.) Another con - there's ample parking, but the lot is still congested in the closer parking areas. Another possible con that I have to ask about - is there a membership committment? I do know there will be a 1-time initiation fee, but I don't know if there's a minimum contract. The cons don't seem like deal breakers - something I could get accustomed to. But I'm feeling lazy at the moment and wouldn't mind a week without classes...

Michelle - Good luck at your doctor appointment today. I agree oatmeal is filling, and I like the texture of the steel cut oats. I do, however, feel like by the time I add the brown sugar and maybe some dried fruit, it gets to be too "pointy". But if it holds me over until lunch, I guess I could fit it in. Re the library's book sales - sometimes I feel bad when I miss them, and other times I think it's for the best - I already have a lot of books on the shelf that need reading!

Shad - I had to look up "chook" even though the part about running around with its head cut off gave me a hint, LOL. Sure wish we could get an update on Mel.

Hellos to the rest of the worldlies today.

===
Nothing much to report since my post yesterday. I finally used part of my Sephora gift card online last night. I love that they give out samples with your order, and they also had a promotion for a holiday sample pack. But we'll see how many of the samples I really want to use, LOL. I'm not into using a lot of beauty and cosmetic products.

Nothing going on today/tonight. That's it for me! TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #83  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

No time to do a proper post at the moment - will come back after today's errands and must do's.

Carla - are you watching from up above???? If so do you think perhaps you might call the lady at the office and see if you can get any word on Mel? I know she did not want to be bombarded with phone calls but you have at least had contact with A. I am getting nothing from Jen and I don't think we will hear anything without a bit of a nudge. Thanks much!

Hellos to the rest of the chicks. I'll be back later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #84  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

oh and Sephora gives lousy samples the only good ones are the "full size" samples you have to use your rewards points for.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #85  
Creating a Healthier Me

Super quick post as I got into work late due to my doctor appointment. I talked to my doc about my diabetes. She is very pleased that it is so well-controlled with my medications, and no signs of any kidney or liver problems! I asked her about coming off my meds if I got my A1C down to 5.7. She said what the A1C tells her is how well its controlled with the fairly high doses of meds that I'm on. She said that if I can lose roughly 40 lbs (get down to 290), I might be able to come off of one or both of my diabetes meds. She is sending me for physical therapy to help my back and recommending against back surgery for now because I'm not in pain all the time. She said that my thyroid is underactive, so she's putting me on a thyroid med, which should help with my overall energy level and with my metabolism. Tonight after work and after the gym, I'll pick the medicine up at the pharmacy. She'd like to see me exercise at least 45 minutes a day 5 days a week, which will help my blood sugar and metabolism. I'll have to set (and keep) exercise "appointments". One of the grocery stores near my step-mom's place has a post office inside, and it's open 'till 7. I was going to mail the USB flash drive to Jen today, but being Veteran's Day, the post office isn't open. So I'll go tomorrow.

Tomorrow, my step-mom is having outpatient surgery. Her significant other and my step-brother will be around in the afternoon. I signed up for a Reversing Diabetes seminar in the evening, but I'll make sure that they'll be able to be around for her in the evening.

On Thursday, I meet with the nutritionist and have my mammogram.

================
Annie - Ouch on your toe! I think you do need to wear steel toed shoes/boots, or wrap it in bubble wrap. I forgot to reply to your question...I'd be happy to put the photos on a flash drive for you. do you want the ones without captions or with captions? Reason I'm asking is because I made the captions in as large a font as possible so Mellie could read them easily, but the pictures would be prettier without the captions.

Happy - When do you leave bear country and head down to Da Bears country? I didn't even see if the Bears won yesterday. I skipped going to the Packer bar yesterday so that I could spend a little time with D, and also go to the library book sale. I hope you get all your errands run. Yes, there have been changes to the travel regulations...but they aren't that bad once you know them. Wear slip on shoes if possible. Minimize the metal you're wearing. If you bring a laptop with you, take it out of the case. And minimize the bottles of shampoo and stuff (not sure if that applies to checked luggage or just carryon). Also, don't bring your knitting needles in your carryon. And mostly ALLOW MORE TIME. Are you flying into O'Hare or Midway?

Laura - The best part of my gym is that there are 4 fairly close to where my step-mom lives, so I can choose between them. One has water aerobics. Two of the others have more recumbent bikes. I like that it's not really a meat market...not that I've seen anyway. Yes, of course, you have your "beautiful people". But they don't give us heavier folks dirty looks like I've experienced at other gyms. I need to get into strength training. My step-mom asked me to think about what I want for Christmas...so I might ask for a step-bench and some hand weights or resistance tubes.

Ceejay - I'm glad you're sinuses are clearing up. And so nice that your friend is healing nicely.

Shad - Hope you're having a good week.

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 11-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #86  
Creating a Healthier Me

Well, my plans for tomorrow have changed a bit. I got laid off today, right before it was time to go home. The manager said he really wanted to keep me, and he fought to keep me, but the company is struggling, and they need someone with the skill set to build and implement their new content management system...and don't have time for a learning curve.

My manager said he'd be an outstanding reference for me, and that my next company will be very lucky to have someone so dedicated and such an independent self-starter.

I'm bummed....but not letting it get me down too much because I know I have very sought after skills. I've already updated my resume and have found several jobs to apply for in the morning (when my brain is fresh and I can write a dazzling cover letter).

I will get to the post office tomorrow and mail the new flash drive to Jen.

Much love,
Old 11-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #87  

Evening all,
Yet another short post I am afraid. Too tired to think about anything right now. Sinus' hurt, nose runs. If my feet smell, maybe I am built upside down.
Work is going fine. Actually managed to get some documents signed off today. Progress. Weather is not going fine. Guess I am a weather weinie now.
I do read the posts, just don't get a lot of time to reply. It's either when I am about to rush out on my way to work, or when I am about to call it quits for the day and go to bed.

No word from NJ again, but I did have an e-mail from Carol who said that she has a card with some money to send but has sent an email to Jen saying that she is holding it hostage until some contact has been made. If that doesn't work she will ring A in the office. It's been a couple of weeks so surely A can't complain about that.
Anyway, I am off for some aspirin and bed (in that order) Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #88  

Michelle, sorry to hear about the job. Hope you find something soon.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #89  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All...

I guess still no word from Jen. Bleh, no news is good news. Didn't do much of nuttin last night. A little laundry, left over meatloaf burgers, butternut squash and rosemary taters. TV and Bed.

SHADDIE...it must be hard to move around so much from job to job, relocating and keep your sanity. May the force be with you and also feel better sister.

CHELLE...sorry to hear about the job, but as we have learned in the past year or so, everything happens for a reason. It will all work out for the better. Stay strong, lean on us. Hugs

HAPPY...haha on the samples, the only place that USED to give great samples is Hickory Farms back in the day when I was 16 and worked there. lol

LAURA...I am shocked you didn't have at least 4 things going on last night. You usually are going here, exercising there, delivering something, etc. Guess it was a rest night. Good for you.

CEEG...glad you are feeling better and the sinuses are clearing up. Should of take before and then after pix of BF. Pix don't lie, unfortunately.

SUSIE...hope everything is smooth in your world, have a great week sister.

That about does it for me, unless I think of something later...lol

Make it a terrific Tuesday/night. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #90  

Michelle
Hugs, I'm sure you will find even a better job. I hate this for you.

Happy
Sounds like you are doing your home work on flying. Too many rules and regs for me. Jonesboro has a small airport that used to fly into Dallas which worked well for me. I'll have to see where they go to now. I'd like to go there for a visit next summer.

Laura
My dvd player is old and it has a vhs player. I still have a few of those old tapes. In fact I might watch Zerro this week end.
And by the way you tube did have some BE dvd's.

Shad
And believe it or not I have seen a real chook running around with it's hed cut off. My grandpa had a farm.

-------
Still not much going on except the weather. It has turned winter. We may have some snow flurries today also. As long as it doesn't stick. Then the temperature will drop down to 25 tonight. It's very windy and cold. Guess I'll have to get used to this.