Old 11-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #166  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
I seem to have broken the system so I though I could sit here and just type a bit of a post.

Rotten night last night, woke up several times with tears pouring down my face. I just hope Jen got through the funeral okay and is now gathering her strength for the things that lie ahead for her.

Susie - I gave a bit of thought to your 'bumps' in the road. One of mine is definitely procrastination. I can talk myself out of anything. There is always a reason. It is something I need to get a decent handle on. Another is trigger foods. I think or hear of something I may not have had in years and that will set me on a path to obtaining some, whether I need it or not. Of course the snack machine is a big obstacle particularly when things are not going well.
I try to plan meals. That way I can fit in the things I should be eating which means I may not pick and snack.
Actually my appetite has basically disappeared at the moment. I have either breakfast and lunch or dinner but generally not both. Really I should get back to three meals and make them smaller. Hope that helps.

Annie - well done on volunteering for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am surprised that that area is so well off for volunteers. Usually, over in Aus anyway, they are begging for people right up to Christmas week. We don't have Thanksgiving over here.

Laura - thanks for calling Happy. I did put a message on Facebook to both of them but as I hadn't seen the DH on there for a day or so, wondered if it would get picked up. I know she would have been very upset if no-one had got in touch.

Michelle - happy job hunting. I guess we will hear as soon as you do. The whooping and hollering will reverberate.

Ceejay - so glad that you had access to the basics while at the family home. I had visions of you with legs crossed and fingers crossed and probably eyes crossed as well.

Happy - hope you are enjoying being with Mum. Plenty of hugs needed there.

Okay, got to go. I think that the IT sections might have patched the problem. I won't say fixed because I don't think this is a very stable system.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #167  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning/Evening my Sweet Chicklet Sisters.....

As a tribute to our MELLIE, wadda ya say we change our avitars to a Christmas pix of some sort? I had a dream last night of Mellie, all too funny to say the least. She was up in heaven running our commune and insisting on having a fire drill with angel firemen present. I woke up and chuckled then started crying. C woke up and said, did you have a nightmare, and I said no far from it, a very beautiful dream of MELLIE. I am sure by week's end she will have things in order.

SHADDIE...wtg on breaking the system and yes always a patch, is it ever fixed? Um no, at least not here.

CHELLE...waiting on the loud YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO from CA on the new job. My fingers are crossed and prayers going up.

LAURA...yes, thank you for calling HAPPY. You know I got to thinking about things, I am going to PM you all Samantha's phone number and advise her so, just in case, Lord help us, something happens and I can no longer post. You all would have no idea who to contact otherwise. Might be a great idea for you all to let us know contact information also.

SUSIE....my trigger foods are salty things like popcorn, chips and OMG bacon. I try not to have any of that in my house or at my desk. Sweets are no problem for me as I do not crave them nor do I care for them, plus they give me headaches. Cheeseballs are the worst, salsa too!

CEEG...for the life of me I cannot remember what you posted last and don't want to go back and read cause I will lose this post. Hugs to you sister.

HAPPY...sure hope you are having a great time with momma. I think the key to your success of this visit is patience. Serenity NOW! Hugs

Last night was dinner, laundry, tv and bed. At least other than the dream I did sleep quite well. Woke up at 4:30 am for the start of my day. Only an hour early, not bad for me.

Everyone make it a great day and happy, calming thoughts for all.

Love you girls!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #168  

Morning all.

Annie - I love the avatar idea. I'll change mine today. Funny Mel dream. Good idea about sharing contact info. How nice you wanted to volunteer on TG, but I do understand that's a very popular day to do that and I'm not surprised spots would fill up quickly.

Shad - I'm sure it was a tough night for you, having been so close to Mel. In my short phone conversation with Happy yesterday, she mentioned that you three go way back to the beginning of the 3fc forums and this thread.

Susie - My condolences re your friend's mom - that is so young - too young! As for your TOPS "project", obstacles for me are not establishing and/or maintaining helpful routines such as meal planning/grocery shopping/advance food prep. I also eat when bored or anxious. TV time is also another hard time for me - idle hands... Sweets and salty snacks are a big downfall for me.

Ceejay - I volunteer through work, and our company is working with sitstayread.org. There are dog teams that also volunteer for the program, but Coal isn't involved in this. It would be really nice for Coal to do something like that, however, it does involve training, etc. Good for you with the exercise! It's great you're finding workouts online.

Happy - Hope you're enjoying your visit with your mom and practicing patience when it gets to that "she's driving me crazy" point.

++++
Monday night bf was using the car, so I stayed home and did a step workout. This is the one I recently transferred from VHS to our dvd recorder. (The recording quality looked fine to me, so I'll copy it to a dvd sometime soon.) It was a good workout - I worked up a sweat.

Last night I went to movie night. We saw "About Time", which is about a family in which the men can travel back in time within their own lives. I thought it was a funny movie, and very sweet. The time travel thing wasn't really the main thrust of the movie - it actually had a wonderful message about taking time to enjoy life and all the little things.

I'd like to get to the gym tonight for a workout. The schedule says there's a 7 pm Zumba class. I'll try to get to that. I still have to schedule the session with the trainer. Unfortunately, I deleted the voicemail from my cell phone, so I'll have to call the gym and hopefully it's not a PITA to get this scheduled.

That's about it for me. Everyone hang in there!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #169  

Oh, forgot to mention that I lost 2.8 at ww yesterday so my ticker is just about accurate at the moment. Part of the loss is a reflection of the different scale last week vs. this week, but I'll take it anyway!

Yesterday's ww meeting was a virtual Thanksgiving buffet - we had cheat sheets with a photo of a plate on which we served ourselves the foods we planned to eat on TG and then figured the points and decided if we were going to make changes - or not. It was a good exercise to even just raise awareness of how those points add up. I've decided to aim for sensible portions and enjoy a bit of everything.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...congrats on the 2.8 loss. I guess last week scared you straight on the narrow path to losing. WTGG. Yeah those tips from WW on holiday eating always make sense, but sheesh on trying to apply them when all tha delish food is in front of you. Have fun at Zumba tonight.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Thanks for another good idea. And what an awesome dream about Mel, sad but sweet. I'm sure Mel is getting things in order. I'm glad that you are volunteering.

Susie
Sorry to ignore you on your question. My speed bumps are trigger foods, especially the ones I see on t.v. not planning menu's and staying away from fast food. I have gotten better at exercising. Drinking water is hard for me also. I work in a water treatment plant And I suppose that being around all that water makes me not want it.

Laura
Good job on the 2.8 pound loss. I've been listing my food in the blog but not counting. I've also been measuring my food. That's a good exercise for Thanksgiving. But I'll eat a little bit of every thing but probably little to nothing at dinner. Maybe some fruit.

Shad
You made me laugh out loud with the thought of my not getting to potty.

--------------
My friend wanted to see my tablet so I took it to the store to show her. She's sold all the odd's and end's and it's bare. Then she's decided that she didn't like her new washer and dryer. And invited me to go with her to Lowe's where she bought them in Blytheville. She bought the one that senses the water like mine but she didn't like it. She swapped them out to one with the agitator. She'd never used the dryer.
This morning I went to get my flu shot and stopped to wash the truck.
This afternoon I'm going to get outside and wrap the faucet. It's suppose to get down to 25 degree's Sunday night and Monday with the high in the 30's.
I've been enjoying my time off. It's nice to do whatever I decide to do.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #172  

Oh how Mellie will be having a giggle over this one. She knew I 'DON'T DO' Christmas. Only for you Melody. Only for you.

Last edited by Shad; 11-20-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #173  
Annie - Indiana

SHADDIE>..your post made me giggle too, cause I knew how you felt about Christmas. MELLIE is doing the victory dance!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #174  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Super duper quick post for me. I really need a break from the 'puter. I've been online applying for jobs since 8 am. Revising my resume and tweaking my cover letters to perfectly match each job.

I just uploaded a new avatar. This isn't a picture of Santa, but it really looks like him. When I get him all groomed and handsome, I'll take a picture of him in a Santa hat.

I'll check in a bit later to do personals.

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #175  

Height: 5'7"

Ladies, I popped in to see howthings were going and read the sad news that your Mel is gone.

My deepest sympathy to all of you. I can tell how much you all cared for her.

Also, thank you all , that in your sad hour, you could share with me obstacles as well as sympathy for my friend and her family on her passing.

You are a wonderful group!

I'm headed to bed and will try and post tomorrow or Friday.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #176  

Of course we are wonderful Susie. We are as the Aussies say 'a weird mob' but we have stuck together for a long time now. I sometimes wonder if we are too glued because people come in for a while and then go again. We try to welcome them, but sometimes it just doesn't work. I hope it does with you.
That is not to say we don't occasionally have a bit of a to-do with each other. We have and no doubt will again. But we cyber hug :hugs: and make up. I think because most of us have met one or more of the group we get on better. I personally have met and stayed with Mel and Happy. Laura met up with Michelle and Annie in Chicago a while back, and Laura has met Patty who pops in from time to time. I've met and stayed with Carla as well although she just prowls around the edges these days - generally pops in to tell us some news or tell me off!!!!! and I've met and stayed with Ruthxxx and met Mooz in Ireland. I hope we can get to met up with you at some stage or other. I had thought to go to Mel while she was sick and was on the verge of booking a fare when I got this job. It would have been a long way to go for a couple of half hour visits but there you go. I drove 300 kilometres for a cup of tea once. And I wouldn't have been averse to doing some Christmas shopping in NY. But I didn't get there. Too late now for regrets. I will attempt to catch up with Jen when I come over in April, May or June. Don't know what will happen with this job so can't be too definite.

Dear god Annie, I mentioned that Christmas word again. Remember we used to ban it until after Thanksgiving and Mellie would be chomping at the bit to use the C word as she called it.

Laura - congratulations on the weight loss. 2.8 is awesome. You really did work hard this week. Keep going. Hey I like the idea of the virtual feast. Might just try that for my 'Cword' dinner.

Michelle - hope the job comes through for you soon.

Ceejay - well done on the exercise as well. You are getting into the swing of it. Must be the tablet!!!!! My exercise is walking down 3 flights of stairs, a 15 minute walk to work, and another back home and up the stairs again. I could take the lift, and do occasionally but try for the stairs as much as I can.

Speaking of the C word and its feasting and frolicking. I have no idea what to do for that this year. I have DS1 and Partner asking me to go there, I have DS2 and Partner asking me to go there. I have DN and DNephew over here asking me to go to his folks place and then there is my sister. My Aussie niece wants me over there.

Actually I might just shout the DS2 and partner to Adelaide to the DS1's place as their C word present and the DS2's birthday present which is on Jan 4th. So rather than C word dinner, we could take in NYear together. But what to get the DS1??????? for his C word present. I have the little one and her mum sorted. Sort of.

Anyway, time to go and sort out my food for tomorrow. I forgot about it last night and paid the price with today's food. Bacon and Egg and cheese muffin. Probably enough calories in that for the entire day.

Catch you later.

Last edited by Shad; 11-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #177  

Few photos for you. 1st two are in Wellington, NZ and the last is in Rockhampton. Hope I haven't uploaded them before.

Antrim House - designed by Scottish architects in the Italianate and French style built for an Irishman using New Zealand native timbers. Can't say we haven't mixed it up for years - circa 1904

Wellington Markets

Desert Roses at Rockhampton
Old 11-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #178  
Annie - Indiana

Mornin Ladies....late to work, feel like crap and have visited the loo more times than I ever intended. HELLO MELLIE....I am with you my sister. We often shared PMs about our tummy and loo visits....was on the verge of tears and now I am smiling and laughing out loud....Oh Mellie, you always made me feel better.

SHADDIE....I do remember we were never allowed to say the C word till after Thanksgiving but this year is special and we will use the Christmas word prior to Thanksgiving....lol Besides you don't have Thanksgiving so anything is game....hahah. OMG I love the desert roses...my perfect color..pink! So beautiful.

CHELLE....still waiting for the yahoooooooooooooooooooo from CA on the new job. Remember decisions may not be made until after this upcoming holiday. DO NOT get discouraged. Hugs.

SUSIE...thank you for your sweet thoughts of our MELLIE. I am sure you too are a bit saddened at this time. We can all mourn together. Have a great day today!

My son is interviewing with the Plainfield correctional facility for the maintenance foreman position, please pray that he gets it. This plumbing thing is just too hard on his knees. If you do or don't remember, he had surgery back in 2009 on one knee and it still bothers him. The other knee is not so good either. Fingers crossed for him and CHELLE.

Our holiday pitch in is tomorrow, goodness all the yummies everyone has signed up to bring in. I can tell you any kind of OP eating will certainly go straight out the door. I am baking the ham and turkey at home tonight to bring in. The company reimbursed me for the meat, I just have to bake it. Lucky me!!

All you sweet sisters have a wonderful day. Hurry home HAPPY, sure miss your posting.

Loves and hugs
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #179  
Annie - Indiana

My avatar is not Miss Sassy but could be her twin.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #180  

Morning all.

Annie - Like your Sassy-twin avatar. I'm late to work too - !@#$% trains. Whatever. I'm here, no meetings today and nothing particularly urgent, I'll get over it. Yum, sounds like a good spread for tomorrow if it starts out with stuff out of your kitchen. Yeh, I was not at all happy with the scale going back up, so I needed to get focused again. Good luck and prayers for your ds re the new job. BF replaced the wax ring on one of our toilets yesterday and he wondered aloud that out of all the trades to be pursued, why would someone choose plumbing (over electrician, carpenter, etc.). He hates plumbing tasks, but is really good about doing things like that because they are doable via DIY and save us a lot of money. Hope your loo issues ease up quickly!!

Shad - Love the pics, especially the desert roses! Thanks for posting them. Like that avatar - Mel is looking down and just loving it! And for someone who's opposed to an extended focus on the C season, you're planning awfully early - but when there's travel to be booked, it makes a lot of sense.

Susie - The hugs and sympathy are much appreciated - Mel was a very special person to all of us. You should read back on some of her posts and you'd totally understand why. Feel free to join us in our holiday avatar tribute!!

Michelle - How's all the resume submitting and screening and hopefully interviewing going? I bet you need a break by this time, and as the saying goes - all work and no play makes Chelle a dull girl...Okay, not really, but your eyes are probably going buggy by now searching those job boards. Get out for a jaunt with Santa or to the gym for a workout - you'll be glad you did.

Ceejay - Food measuring is definitely a reality check! I need to be more aware when bf prepares a meal - he's more conscientious about portions than he used to be, but doesn't measure for me, and the portions can still be larger than they should. So how much more time off do you have? Glad you've enjoyed it.

Hi Happy!
===

Nothing much to report. I went to the Zumba class last night. I worked up a sweat and got a decent workout, but not the usual endorphin rush The class could be much better. The instructor was alright, but didn't use a microphone, and she did only limited verbal cueing, but she really couldn't be heard by many beyond the first couple rows. And this room is very wide, so it's hard for us to see her. She was conscientious of that and moved to each side during class to give everyone a chance to see her better.

After class, there was an employee holding open the door when we left the studio. He was asking if people enjoyed the class. I took the opportunity to voice my issues - I hope he passes them along to the general manager. It should be mandatory for the instructors to wear the microphone headsets, and they should really have a raised platform in that room to make the instructors more visible.

Okay, that's enough whining for now. Everyone have a great day!!

Last edited by Laura705; 11-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.