Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #46  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Back home again. DH made it through the procedure fine, he even went into aFIB while he was on the table getting prepped so that was good - they were able to pinpoint one of the problem areas and after they cauterized it, the aFIB stopped which is also a good sign. But it can come back again as he heals. He is pretty banged up - shunts in the legs, pain in the shoulder and elbow from the procedure, they had problems getting IVs into him so his hands are banged up and sore, his back hurts from laying flat for so long and the worst of it all is that the pericardial tissue surrounding the heart is all inflamed. This is normal and occurs as part of the cauterizing procedures. His lungs hurt very much and he can only take shallow breaths. I brought him home, he says he is exhausted and he goes from being hot to having chills. I am monitoring his temperature (slightly elevated but not disturbingly so). And throwing both blankets, cold packs, heating pads, jello and sips of water at him as needed. I told him that he needs to realize that the next 7 days will be slow going and he needs to sit on his keester and read and nap and just take it slow. We have nothing planned other than follow up doctor's appointments. I do feel badly for him.

A great big THANK YOU to all of you for all your thoughts, prayers and good wishes. I know they have helped. DH said to me on Wednesday - this had to be a long day for you - I said the worst part was sitting and waiting to hear the words "everything went just fine". Once that happened, I could finally relax. And I did find ways to avoid the elevator situation as much as possible I drove home and I have to say I am not a fan of curvy, winding highways driving at 60 mph. The speed limit is 65, I mostly drove at 55 in the far lane and let everyone in a big hurry pass me up. Fortunately there was not much traffic at all. Part of me says that I probably should do more of this type of driving to get more comfortable with it. I

I did miss an opportunity to swim at the hotel but our schedule was pretty erratic and 2 of the days I would have disturbed DH trying to sleep if I had gone down for a swim so I opted to pass. In any event we are glad to be home.

I have not caught up on your posts yet so I will be back with personals. Just wanted to let you know we were back. I tried to post at the hospital but their Internet was sooooo slow it kept locking up and I am hesitant to sign into any site with an ID and password if I don't think I can sign back out again. I couldn't even get 3FC to come up on DH's hospital floor. The hotel's computer was no better. Glad I did not bring my laptop because I would have been annoyed at paying 5 dollars for super slow internet service.

Anyway, thank you all again. Will be back in the morning.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #47  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A very quick check in for me....

Happy - I'm glad the procedure went well and you both are home. Tell DH that if he doesn't rest, he'll have several chicks come after him with a Seriously though, I'm sending many healing wishes and prayers his way, and continued good vibes to you for strength. It's not easy being a caretaker. Make sure you rest when you can as well.

Don't have time for any other personals this morning...I've got a programming project to finish up.

As for the phone interviews, some are going well...some not as well...I'm going to be spending the weekend doing LOTS of online tutorials to brush up on the technical skills that need improvement.

Much love and many hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
May run to the doctor this morning to let him check my stomach that has been doing flip flops. or having spasms as I call it. I don't get sick. And next morning I'm sore.

I was vey pleased with my blood pressure this morning at 125/67 pulse was 73. I still need to get that top number down. Rode the bike for 20 minutes and did a 20 minute DVD with Sunshine.

We have sunshine this morning. I was wanting to mow the lawn but I think it's going to be to wet.
-----
Happy
Glad that your DH is home and resting. There's a saying that goes you can't keep a good man down for long. But I hope he realizes that his body has to heal.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #49  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Ceejay - I hope your stomach feels better soon.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #50  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning/Afternoon...

Just went to CVS on my lunch hour, they had vitamins buy 1/get one and I was out of Biotin, multi-complete, magnesium. All stocked up now. My annual pap is on Monday afternoon. Bleh. Need to schedule my boob squish.

Todays good thought...the birds were singing beautifully when I came into work this morning, sun is shining, and almost 60 degrees today, tomorrow will be 65 and 70 on Tuesday. Altho rain chances every day, I don't care as long as it is warm.

May try to get out into the backyard, if nothing else clean up Sassy's little poo piles. Maybe even move some dirt around. Start getting the garden ready, don't plan on planting until I get back from Florida.

HAPPY...glad you all made it back safely from the hospital. Tell DH he will have me to deal with if he doesn't do as YOU say, well the doc also. I am still sending up prayers for speedy, pain free recovery.

CEEG...nuttin like a good stomach spasm to get you going. Feel better real quick, chick.

CHELLE....fingers crossed on the job search.....

MELLIE....glad you had a great day yesterday especially at TJs. Fun that Willie got to be your driver and Jen could run off on her own. And now you are DR. MELLIE for the seniors...you wear as many hats as I do.

Hello to all the chicklets....loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #51  
Choose your hard

Good morning everyone,
DH went to bed early and got a good sleep (13 hours) but as soon as he got out of bed he said he got weak and tired again. It's the pericarditis (sp?) - making him short of breath and I'm sure just beating up the heart the way that they did will tire you out also. As we were talking this morning, he said the shortness of breath was really bothering him. I said "you mean that in all of your 63 years you have never had bronchitis or a really bad flu or anything that affected the lungs?" He said Geez, I have had several instances of bronchitis, really bad respiratory infections and horrid wheezing fits due to allergies and smoking. I just know the feeling - hate it, hope to avoid it but know it well. It amazed me that he has NEVER felt like this. He has suffered in other ways with a bad back and neuropathy and chronic pain but his insides are pretty amazingly healthy. I told him that he just has to sleep as often as he feels like it and sit in a chair and read or watch TV otherwise. Give it until at least Sunday - I told him you were all ready to beat him up with Nerf bats if he didn't behave

We are under a winter storm watch starting tonight. Anywhere from 3 to 6 inches of snow predicted. That's going to be a total mess. I can easily clear the concrete bases by the garages but I can't operate the ATV/snowplow to do the driveway. If it gets really awful I can call my cousin to help. It will be a mess as the driveway is slowly clearing but right now it's pretty heavily rutted with slushy snow and ice. New snow on top of that will make a big mess. However if I get groceries today, there's no need for us to go out until Monday when DH has a doctor's appointment in town.

All our animals - deer and turkeys - have taken off to parts unknown. Geez, you stop feeding them for 3 days and they take off on you! I put some feed out yesterday but all I saw last night were some foxes and the darn raccoons, neither of which we really want to see. And the skunks will be waking up out of hibernation soon too. We weren't sure if the animals would leave or not so I had DH get some extra corn and seed last week since he can't lift anything heavier than a gallon jug of milk for a while. Now I'm kind of thinking it would be a good thing if they left, it's getting rather messy in the yard with left over seed, mud, and droppings. I do want to keep the turkeys around as a mainstay of their diet is ticks. And you know how I feel about ticks

Happy Thought - I got my A1C (long term blood sugar) results back and I am now under the levels for pre-diabetes (ie. a normal range). I seriously believe that stress contributes ALOT to the high blood sugar levels as this positive test result is yet another of the good things I have seen since we started our better life here. I have not been taking my blood sugar meds since January. I am really encouraged by this and very motivated to up the exercise and reduce my intake of sugars in an effort to keep off the medicine which is not only very expensive but gives intestinal problems too. And it's a good thing to stay away from diabetes if you can. My cholesterol is high again, but I know that's an effect of eating out of the freezer - not enough fresh stuff and we can easily remedy that.

Annie - I'm so jealous of your warm weather. Won't be long now until you are sitting on the beach as the new Mrs. I had to smile at the comments - I too think you should come up with a new dish to celebrate your new name Congrats on the new goddaughter's baby. You have so many little ones to kiss and hug. Better buy some Chapstick to get your lips in shape. Lots of good things in your life now Missy - you deserve it!

Mel - How nice of Willy to help you in the store. It never occured to me that there is only so much time for shopping and maybe Jen didn't get to look at what she was interested in. Nice that she had the chance. I laughed at your description of the Parkinsons 101 class. Hey - that's what we do - look up stuff on the internet to get educated because they don't always tell you what you need to know. And being older folks, they aren't used to getting info at their fingertips like we do. I hope they appreciate what a Godsend they have in you Mel

Michelle - Thanks for the good vibes. While it might be a bit stressful to have to brush up on some technical skills, I guess it's a good thing that you find out now on interviews. Gives you some good insight and feedback on how to continue preparing. As we all know some of these phone interviews are just a search for a specific person or get names so they can call on other people "do you have any friends who might be interested???" But you can also use them too to find out what people are looking for. So I'd say it's a positive thing. You will certainly be one very busy bee though. OMG - Skype interviews. That would give me the heebie jeebies. I think I am totally scared of my old life now and I could never go back so my heart goes out to you as you trudge through this process

Laura - How often is this alumni meeting you have? Just friends or is it a class reunion type of thing? Hope it's not too far away for you to get to. Congratulations on your awesome weight loss and the fact that you needed a belt to hold up the droopy pants! That had to feel sooo good. Now you can go shopping for some nice spring stuff.

Ceejay - Sorry about the stomach spasms. Hope you get something to help them. The can be really painful and uncomfortable. Good going on the healthy blood pressure numbers! I think that peddling is helping alot. Thank goodness you have the camera and can see who's at the door. Those neighbors sure are pesky and needy. Big difference between helping out once in a while and taking advantage of someone. Seems like you are always the one on the giving side of the relationship too.

Shad - Hello to you lost in Darwin there. Are you wrapping up this contract? Thanks for the good wishes for DH.

Ruth - I love your avatar. Such pretty flowers!

I guess that's enough for now. I need to get dressed and get out. Lots of errands to run, I need to plan my trip carefully to minimize the back and forth. I just checked the library website and it shows that my copy of Downton Abbey season 3 is "in transit" from another library. They take their time updating the site - sure would be wonderful if it's actually at the library so I could watch it this weekend. I also have 2 lessons to work on for my online classes.

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned. Catch you later chicks...

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-05-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #52  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY...sleep and hydration are the key for DH. God love him. I just got my season 3 of Downton Abbey yesterday in the mail. Will probably start watching it soon. Babysitting tonight for lil man then working outside in yard tomorrow and working on Cs house on Sunday. No rest for the wicked. Maybe your library copy will be in, get your groceries and whatnot, then snuggle down until Monday morning. Get some rest. Hugs sister.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #53  

Quick hello to you all. Happy, glad all went well w/ the procedure.

Did a "Total Body Challenge" class today - yup, it was a challenge. Showered, sprinkled the rest of the Preen on the one long border in the yard. Need to buy more, there wasn't much left. Hit the thrift shop & bought a pair of casual slacks acceptable for work & a pretty s/s blouse. And a matted print that needs a frame.

Just about to leave the house for lunch - Big Bowl, which has Asian food of all types.

Back later possibly for personals. If not, have a great rest if the day!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Decided to see my doctor here in town this morning. My stomach was too sore to let this go and I really didn't feel like driving to Jonesboro. This doctor thinks it's nerves. I told him the latest going's on. I've had nervous stomach issues before but it's been awhile. He gave me something to take for my nerves which I've needed for a long,long time. My blood pressure was a bit higher this morning but it always is when I go to the doctor. The nurse even commented on it how good it was.

Talked to my sis in Mo and she said it would be alright to come in May. She's out of school that month as well. I'm usually always at the church where she goes on Easter and she said that some of the members were asking about me.

Went to Verizon in Blytheville and got myself a mini IPad. They had to order it but that's okay I won't need it this week end any way.

After I got back from Blytheville I got out side and mowed the lawn. I have to sit and rest more often but I did get the job done. My body can feel it. May do some stretching to help loosen the muscles.
-------------
Mel
Glad that your shopping spree with Willie turned out well. Are you still doing Nutrisystem?

Happy
Hope the Dh improves daily. Yikes more snow. Did the weather man forget that it's Spring? Or Mother Nature just doesn't know when to stop. The final blast of snow.

Laura
Sounds like you have had a good buying spree at the thrift store.

Michelle
"don't study" to hard this week end.

I'm gonna get ready for be then watch the movie Lincoln.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #55  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING

THE WEEKEND IS HERE AND I CAN'T SLEEP.
BEEN UP SINCE 5 TOSSING AND TURNING.
FINALLY GOT OUT OF BED.
YESTERDAY WAS A CONGLOMERATION OF EVERYTHING.
BUT I SKIPPED THE OFFICE. JUST WASN'T UP TO IT.
NOTHING NEW WITH ME TO REPORT.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE.

SHAD....I THINK MY CHEEKS STILL HURT FROM LAUGHING.
I WAS STILL GIGGLING WHEN I WENT TO BED.
THAT HAS TO BE GOOD FOR THE SOUL
GREAT TALKING TO YOU. HOW ARE YOUR EARS TODAY????
I AM GLAD THIS JOB IS ALMOST OVER.
THEN YOU CAN GET BACK TO MAKING FRIENDS WITH SUNDAY

HAPPY....I JUST FLIPPED THE PAGE AND SEE YOU POSTED.
SO GLAD TO HEAR THINGS SOUND GOOD FOR DH.
PRAYING THE HEALING GOES FAST & HE JUST RESTS!!!
SORRY TO HEAR HOW BANGED UP HE IS. POOR GUY.
SLEEP, REST & JUST CONCENTRATE ON HEALING INSIDE & OUT.
GIVE HIM ALL OUR WORLDLY LOVE
AND THEN THREATEN THE CRAP OUT OF HIM IF HE DOESN'T BEHAVE!
I AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR YOUR TEST RESULT.
CONGRATULATIONS ON A HAPPIER LIFE

CEEJAY....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TUMMY WOES.
NOTHING WORSE...EXCEPT MAYBE A TOOTHACHE!!
HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETER VERY SOON.
DO YOU HAVE TO WORK THIS WEEKEND??
PART 2: I SEE YOU ALREADY WENT TO THE DR.
HE IS MOST PROBABLY RIGHT ABOUT NERVES.
I USED TO HAVE TO TAKE LIBRAX FOR MY TUMMY /INTESTINES.
MY MAINT MAN USES IT TOO. HE HAD TO GIVE ME ONE NOT LONG AGO!
IT WAS A BAD DAY IN THE OFFICE. I CAN IMAGINE HOW YOU FELT.
GET WELL SOON

LAURA.....HOPE THE BIG BOWL WAS A NICE LUNCH.
WE ALMOST DID CHINESE LAST NIGHT BUT I CANCELED.
GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE TOTAL BODY CHALLENGE.
BUT IT SOUNDS PAINFUL
HAPPY GARDENING TOO!

ANNIE....GOOD LUCK WITH THE SQUISH AND DR APPT.
YOUR SUN & TEMPS ARE VERY NICE...SEND THEM HERE PLEASE!
PROBABLY LIKE YOU, I SOMETIMES FORGET WHICH HAT I AM WEARING!!! ROFLMAO
THE MAYOR IS STILL CALLING ME HIS GO TO PERSON!

MICHELLE....GOOD LUCK BRUSHING UP THE SKILLS.
FOCUS ON THE GOOD STUFF AND FORGE AHEAD.
I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS.
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE....CALIFORNIA!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-06-2013 at 06:52 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #56  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

We only got a slight dusting of snow overnight, thank goodness. I am so ready to be over this stuff. Going to be in the mid 40's this week but it will be cloudy and gloomy. We need the warm sunshine to melt away the rest of the snowpiles.

I did get my grocery shopping done yesterday. Had to hurry to the library but I'm glad I did a detour as my copy of Season 3 of Downton Abbey was in. I look forward to watching it this weekend. I did spend a fair amount of time at the pharmacy. Went to pick up DH's meds and they said they didn't have anything for him (but he had received 2 emails stating prescriptions were ready to pick up). I did not have the names of the meds and had forgotten to take the email printouts he gave me. They checked his record and said there was one prescription they could refill. If I could wait 20 minutes, they'd fill it. I went to get groceries and then drove back across town to the library. Arrived at the pharmacy over 2 hours later and they said they have no prescriptions for DH I told this girl that I was there 2 hours ago and the girl in yellow who just clocked out told me they would be filling one prescription. New girl checked and said nope, no can do. We have CVS/Caremark for our prescription plan now and they are HORRID. It (sadly) justifies my belief that insurance companies are out to take our insurance premium money but will give such poor service that we will all be dead at their hands. As an example, DH was prescribed Prilosec - a stomach acid reducer. It's purpose was to calm the esophogus because there was some natural trauma and irritation due to the surgical procedure. He was to take it for 7 days prior to surgery and 15 days post. The insurance will only fill the prescription for 15 pills at a time. He got the first prescription in time to take it prior to surgery. The second half of the prescription I was trying to pick up yesterday. The shop clerk said the prescription is marked that he can only get 15 pills every 23 days. I said he is supposed to take this as part of his surgical post op treatment and how can he take it for 15 days post op if they only give you 15 pills every 23 days?????? I know it's not the pharmacy's fault. Came home and told DH he needs to call his former employer and ream them a good one.

DH is doing much better. Still a little weak but great improvement. He has some tingling in his throat, hoping he is not developing another polyp in there from the trachea tube but we will see.

My weekend will be busy, good thing it's gloomy to stay in. I have laundry, a bit of unpacking to finish up, have 3 lessons to catch up on with my writing class, Downton Abbey to watch, spent more than I should have on groceries but that happens when I chose to eat fresh and natural so I have menu plans to make up so as not to waste a bit of food. I really need to start incorporating some sort of regular exercise into my day, right now 30 trips up and down the stairs cleaning will have to do.

Mel - I am glad to hear that you are laughing again. I'm sure you and Shad have been up to no good plotting to fix the world. I just hope you didn't spend too much time talking about all of us here Was going to ask if you are continuing on your meal plan or have you decided to go back to just watching certain types of foods?

Ceejay - glad you went to the doctor. Hope they give you something to calm the tummy. No need to have spasms and all the troubles that come along with them. Have to let us know how you like the mini Ipad. I type so much on the computer that I can't get my head wrapped around what I'd do with a tablet, so I'm very interested in your opinion. Looks like you will be planning a trip to visit your sister then? Will be nice to have something to look forward to.

Laura - I stopped at the Humane Society thrift shop yesterday. Not as much nice stuff as your place but I did get 2 lovely bone china tea cups. I realized that my big mugs are fine for coffee but are really too big for proper brewing of a cup of tea. Now I can sit and watch Downton Abbey in style But all the while in the shop I was thinking of you. Total Body Challenge sounds like something you'd wake up the next morning and say OMG - every bit of my body HURTS! Congrats on getting through the session. How was the Big Bowl dinner? Reminds me that I am missing Genghis Grill.

Annie - sounds like it's a busy weekend for the lady on the run. Take some time out to watch that CD, the wedding is just about around the corner. Are you ready for it? I KNOW you are ready for vacation/honeymoon.

Michelle - hope you don't spend all weekend studying. Are there just a couple of specifics you have to brush up on or is it learning some new stuff too? Again, I don't envy you sister.

Hi Shad

I'm thinking I want some lunch / brunch. Catch you later... have a good weekend all.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #57  

Hi everyone. Quick pop in. Did a wee bit of reading this morning & then worked on my taxes. Took longer than I wanted, but doesn't it always. About to go to lunch. I'll have to catch up later, but it'll prolly be tomorrow. Toodles
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #58  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick post since I am not going to try to do personals. I just don't have time.
I'm at home this weekend. Going back for the last time tomorrow. I will finish there on 26th April and come home for the last time. Yee bloody haa.

The house and garden are looking somewhat unloved although the tomato patch is going great. There should be some ripe tomatoes when I get home in three weeks time. That will be great.

Miss puss doesn't want to know me. I went round to the DS2's place yesterday and when she came out of the bedroom, I told her there was a letter waiting for her from the vet. She gave me such a look!!!! and turned around and stalked back into the bedroom.

Pleased to read that the DH procedure went okay happy. Hope he continues to make a full recovery and soon. When he gets grumpy, you will know he is getting better.

Mel - good to have a fun conversation yesterday - I think that one took the cake for length of time. 3.50 hours or so! Still a good laugh is good for the soul.

While I think about it. While I was wandering down to Kakadu last week, I came upon this sign. Seems like the Java turtle is out and about in Northern Territory Australia.

So Time to go ring the brother and the niece and the other brother and see if they are alive or dead. As I will probably be if I do wait.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kakadu 006.jpg (40.5 KB, 12 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #59  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD

THIS IS NOT THE HOT WEEKEND THEY PREDICTED LAST WEEKEND.
IT'S COLD & GLOOMY ON AND OFF.
SUCH WINDS WE'RE HAVING!
YOU CAN OPEN A WINDOW, AIR THE HOUSE & CLOSE IT IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES

NOTHING ELSE IS NEW.
JUST LOUNGED AROUND THE HOUSE YESTERDAY.
MIGHT EVEN DO IT AGAIN TODAY
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY....I AM GLAD TO HEAR DH IS ON THE MEND.
PHARMACIES ARE A PAIN AND SO ARE INS COMPANIES.
PRILOSEC IS OVER THE COUNTER.
CAN'T YOU GET HIM SOME THAT WAY?
JEN & RICHIE BOTH LOST THEIR INS COVERAGE ON THAT PILL.
ONCE IT WENT OVER THE COUNTER THEY WERE BOTH DROPPED.
HOW ARE YOU LIKING THE DOWNTON SERIES??
I JUST ORDERED THE OLD UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS SERIES.
69 HOURS OF OLD TIME LONDON. ROFL
SHOULD KEEP ME BUSY
BUYING ALL WHOLE FOODS ISN'T CHEAP. I CAN IMAGINE THE BILLS FOR 2.
I AM STICKING TO THE NS FOODS FOR ANOTHER 2 MONTHS. AT LEAST.
THE EASE OF "COOKING" IS THE REAL DRAW
I GIVE RICHIE THE SUPER SPICY CUPS. HE TAKES THEM TO WORK!
MY ROSACEA IS OUT A BIT ON MY NOSE. NOT IN FULL BLOOM THOUGH.
COULD BE STESS, SPICES OR SOY. ALWAYS SOMETHING.
SENDING HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU

TOODLES BACK TO YOU LAURA
DON'T WORK TOO HARD!!

SHAD.....WE ALMOST TALKED YOUR WHOLE MORNING AWAY.
WHEN I CALLED TO SAY GOODNIOGHT TO JEN SHE LAUGHED.
"I TRIED TO CALL A FEW TIMES...THE LINE WAS BUSY"
THAT CALL HAD TO BE THE LONGEST.
BUT LATER ON, I THOUGHT THE TIME WENT BY SO QUICKLY!
i HOPE THESE LAST WEEKS OF WORK WILL GO OK.
MISS PUSS WILL SEE YOU SOON ENOUGH.
AFTER THE VET'S VISIT SHE'S GOING TO RUN BACK HOME TO THE DS'S HOUSE!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #60  

Morning all. Just sitting my sweaty arse on a towel resting up before I take a shower. I had my first kettle bell class today and it was a killer. The lightest kettle bell was too heavy for me, and my cardio stamina is lacking. But it didn't kill me, so it must be making me stronger. I hope.

Mel - Yeh, we had high winds Friday and yesterday. Yesterday we were out and about and in the market parking lot, in the distance a shopping cart rolled across like it meant to bash into a car. And we passed by a construction site that was a dust storm. The residents in the apartments/condos across the way definitely could NOT open their windows for fresh air! Sounds like you and Shad had a nice looooong chat and a grand old time.

Shad - Hope the next three weeks go quickly for you. You have to get back and reestablish your relationships with your kitty and your garden. Safe travels!

Happy - Glad to hear dh is resting up. I hope he's feeling a bit better by now, lungs feeling better, etc. What a PITA with those darn Rx's. How ridiculous. I don't get why they can't fill them as the doc orders!! I'm glad you didn't get much snow to speak of - just doesn't seem right to be getting it so late in the season. So are you catching up on your writing assignments? What type of assignments do you get? How long are they? Does an instructor really read and grade your work - you said there were a LOT of people in your class, so I wonder how that works. Hope you carve out some time for more Downton between the homework assignments. I love the idea of you watching it sipping from your fancy china teacup!

Annie - Did you get your yard time yesterday? I haven't started any seeds yet, but today might be the day for the indoor ones. It would have been good to get the spinach seeded outdoors, but we had a good amount of rain yesterday so I'm not sure today is the day to try digging around in the soil. I'm thinking of planting it in the spot vacated by the big maple tree we removed last year. Didn't even try to grow grass there given the drought last year, and it gets plenty of sun. How was the babysitting??

Ceejay - I hope your stomach is feeling better now. Good job getting the bp down! Keep it up with all the exercise.

Michelle - Hope the tutorials are going well, but be sure to make time for some relaxation with Santa.
===
Let's see...I think I left off before lunch on Friday. Big Bowl was tasty as usual - their food is so fresh tasting, not heavy. After that we went to Walmart with a list and of course left with 3 times the items, just going up and down the aisles. Big bill, but that included a large bag of Preen that we can use to refill the existing shaker container we have (had to retrieve it from the recycling bin, lol).

Bf and a friend and I watched the Blueray of "Zero Dark Thirty". It was well done, but such a dark look at what our gov't does to deal with terrorism, or terrorists rather. Takes certain kinds of people to do that kind of work.

Saturday, as I mentioned, I got my taxes done and e-filed. Lunch was carne asada tacos at the taqueria. Walked doggy after that. Still had about 90 min to spare before getting ready for the evening, so I made some pizza dough. Went much more quickly than my first attempt when the old decrepit food processor gave up the ghost. The heavy duty kitchenaid mixer and its dough hook did a great job.

The alumni thing was just a small casual gathering of nine people. Several I hadn't seen since grade school, and others not since high school, or since I still lived in the neighborhood. What fun. The bar was fine enough, but the food wasn't good. I didn't intend to eat anything heavy, but it was a german bar and it had heavy german food. I ended up getting chicken schnitzel with the german fried potatoes (or as one of the others said "these are just potatoes o'brien", lol. It wasn't very good and I ate very little. My hs friend, who also is a fellow grade school alum, picked me up and we drove together, and we didn't stay very late - 10-ish - and it wasn't til after she dropped me off and I was on the sofa watching tv with bf for a half hour that the acid indigestion hit. Ugh. Ate some tums and drank some seltzer.

I was up early today, and I noticed that my outdated clock radio belatedly sprang forward an hour - 4 weeks late, lol. I read my book club book and the paper, drank some tea, ate some breakfast and then it was time for the kettlebell class.

Just me and another woman with the trainer/instructor. This'll be good, but I have a feeling I'm going to be sore as heck tomorrow. I suppose I was thinking this would all be strength training, but there were a lot of moves intended to give us a cardio workout, and that's what probably really did me in. I did need a lighter weight, and even 8 was too much for me at a certain point. This will not be easy, but between this class and my other fitness passport classes, I hope to regain some of my strength and stamina that i lost by doing nothing for about 3 months.

Okay, I've surpassed "cooled down" and am now chilled, so it's a good time to get this posted and take a nice hot shower. Plenty needs doing around the house, but I will probably not do much more than the dog walk, seed potting, and lounging with book, paper or watching MOTG.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-07-2013 at 01:11 PM.