Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #106  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Girlies....

CHELLE...I guess the end result is to land a job in the area which you wish to live. Then you can always find something you really want. Right?

HAPPY....I followed the Prayer Warriors group also....I really thought Gary would whip this cancer...truthfully I didn't see this coming....however he is where we would ultimately like to be...peace to him, prayers to Angie and family. Curtis caught enough for a fish fry....only I bake it with garlic, parmesan and a bit of butter, I invite you and DH to have dinner with us and spend a week or more even with us...we will make if fun...I am sure if you cannot get the library straightened out DH will...lol

CEEG...you are more versed than I with the whole tablet, kindle, whateva stuff..you go girl. Glad you made it through the nite with no major weather stuff.

LAURA....thank GOD the cars were in the garage...C parked in the drive cause his brother was in the way to pull in the garage. I went out and put his car in the garage, gut feeling...Don't you know when I did that last night, C said, really do not worry about it....I did it anyway and he just shook his head...I bet he is glad now!

Gotta get dinner going...love and hugs...have a great evening/day!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #107  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Things Happened And I Had To Work.
Probably Tomorrow Also.
Will Catch Up With You Gals Another Day.
I Am Tired And The Bookkeepers Just Left.
Going To Eat, Wash And Crash Into Bed With A Book.
Have A Great Night.
Will Chat Tomorrow Hopefully.
Sweet Dreams All And Good Morning Sunshine!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #108  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - It would be wonderful if I'm able to get a great job where I want to live. Essentially, since I'm limited on time...I might take the first job that's a good fit as long as it's on the West Coast (Seattle, SF Bay Area, or San Diego)...although if it's just a contract job, it would have to be SF Bay Area or San Diego so I have a place I can live...since I wouldn't be comfortable signing a lease if I get hired on as a contract employee. I'm trying to remain open and flexible and just trust that I will be guided to the right job in the right place at the right time. Of course, I wish it were the "right now" time.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #109  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets...

Funny story about lil man. When Samantha keeps her during the week and let's her out to go potty...Sassy comes in and Sam says...Good Girl Sue<---nickname for Sassy. Well, don't you know when Sassy came in lil man said before Sam could say anything...Goo Grl ue (ew). Too cute, probably a story only a Nanna could love....lol

Have an AWESOME Day all.

Love yas
Old 04-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's cold this morning but isn't that the way Spring is supposed to be warm then cold. Anyway saving on the electric bill.

Annie
I love cute things kiddo's do and say. That's the main reason I go to FB each day is to see what my nephew kids are up to. Our almost 3 year old is a mess.

Happy
I didn't realize that EZ money had cancer. He seemed to be a good man.

Mel
Don't work to hard this week.

Michelle
Sending you good vibes on finding the right job for you.

------
Was in a mood to clean out a closet yesterday and then got two boxes out of the shed. Getting more things out to Goodwill today. Part of that was pictures that I have no idea what to do with. These are pictures from when my oldest sister's grandchildren were babies.
When I went to Sears yesterday to look for a part for the lawn mower I found out that I'd purchased it in 2006. The Sears store in Jonesboro is bigger so I'm going to look there today for a part. If not guess I'll have to buy another one. Sure don't want to do that though with 2.5 to 3 years left.
It's time to get breakfast.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-12-2013 at 09:04 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #111  
Creating a Healthier Me

TGIF!!! 'Nuff said! (for now at least)

Annie - That's an adorable story about lil man and Sassy Sue!

Ceejay - Good for you for all the cleaning and decluttering! I always believe in saving photographs, especially those of people, for those moments in time can never be replaced...put them in an album or scrapbook. I hope to go through some boxes and repack them (in prep for moving soon - I hope).

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #112  
Happy September

We're back to our rainy weather these last 2 days. That's fine with me.
The building was so quiet! No working for me today.
The usual achy weather problems and I feel sleepy too.
Knee is ok now. Just bruised.
Nothing new to report believe it or not. Just the SOS.
Hope you all have a great day and weekend

Annie....ho day is almost here!!
The spinach salad sounded great.
Glad you have a walking partner.
The idea of a Taiwan tea room sounded nice.
Hope your friends are still ok from any storms they had.
I had a good laugh at lil man and sassy...
good girl sue!! roflmao

Laura....I really hate to be wet in the rain. Brrrrr.
Your rain arrived yesterday
Homemade pizza....yum!!
I must get Richie to try that. LOL
Hope your soreness is gone.
There must be a happy medium somewhere. LOL

Happy....those frassing storms are making everyone nuts.
I saw some pics on the TV. WOW!!
I fully agree with you about the world headed in the wrong direction.
I felt sorry for the DA father but his poor daughter.
Some days it feels like the entire workd has lost it's collective mind!
Hope DH gets to feeling more like himself every day
Glad the writing is going so well. Keep us posted.
Thank God our storms are rain and not your snow.
Sorry you're getting dumped on again.
I don't think I knew Ezmoney. Sorry to hear about his passing.
We recently lost someone on Provida too. Cowgirl.
She got caught inside her house when it went on fire.
So many people have come and gone on these websites.

Ceejay...my Gram ran her fingers thru the washer's rollers too!
I remember once she caught her whole hand in the ringer.
We had to go to the post office downstairs to get a man to help!!
Those were the good old days.
Enjoy the new tablet! Hope you like it.
Our storms are nuts also. Crazy weather.
I am tired of cold too. Keep warm!!
Congratulations on the weightloss!! Good job.

Shad...thank God I have the wheelchair!!
But my knee is fine now. just a bruise.
Sounds like you did a great injury to yours though!!
Get some help and let the quack have a look at it!
Sending a hug for the knee
You will be very busy from now until July!!! Enjoy!! LOL.

Michelle...keep plugging away.
We'll hold down the fort here till you get tine to say hello again.
Good luck with the new resume and job search.
I do hope you find something good and near the relatives.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #113  

Morning all. TGIF. The week dragged again. Not in the best of moods lately. A little bit of sun might help me. I have meetings at 10 and 10:30, so I'll get ready for those. Back later, hopefully, to catch up on personals.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #114  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning kids,

Another Friday rolls around the corner. Woke up to about 2 inches of snow. Better than the 5 to 9 they originally talked about but we are all so very tired of this stuff already. If it would do any good I'd pout like a 2 year old :rant: I'm going to have to find some decent rubber boots at the Farm and Fleet store. This stuff is going to be a honking muddy mess for a good long time when it finally decides to melt. DH might have to get a load of pebbles so we can smooth out the driveway.

Mel - gray rainy days not much better than snow. Sorry about your knee. Hope it feels better *ouch* How sad about Cowgirl. Don't think there is a worse way to die than a fire.

Michelle - I can understand your anxiousness to get out of here but try to be patient. Better to move for the right reasons than to bolt into something quickly and have it flop. It's good to hear that jobs are picking up on the west coast again. We looked into possibly relocating to SF in the mid 80's. Frightfully expensive out there. I remember our friends showing us some tiny stucco houses with a postage stamp lawn that were almost a million dollars. It's a pretty area, love the fog. To look at, probably not to drive in

Ceejay - your mower is not that old, surely Sears can find you a part. I agree it's almost a waste of money to spend that much on a new one - especially a rider - if you only have a couple of years left. I know what you mean about pictures - I'd save a few of people I am very close to but otherwise I'd pitch them. My sister loves to get the annual holiday pictures of all the kids and rellies - not something I would save. Sorry people My sister uses her husband's Ipad / tablet more than she uses the laptop although she said some websites like Pinterest don't work as well on the tablet. I think it would be nice for travelling as long as you have wi-fi to hook into.

Annie - yes that is a cute story but the moral is - be careful what you say because he is at that age of seeing everything, taking it back in and talking about it Yes, one day we will get together - the boys can go fishing and we can take the dune buggy out on the trails. Or maybe we just sit on the deck and drink until they come home

Good morning Miss Shad and Miss Laura

Better get a move on with the day. Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

"The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle" (Sherwood Schwartz/George Wyle)
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started with this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three-hour tour, a three-hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The Minnow would be lost, the Minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this
Uncharted desert isle
With Gilligan,
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star,
The Professor and Mary Ann,
Here on Gilligan's Isle!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #116  

Getting close now... the weekend!

Ceejay - I think a tablet makes a lot of sense for you, especially if you don't have a smart phone, and like you said - you're on the road regularly. Great job getting rid of stuff. The bins sitting in our front bedroom that have office stuff in them are really bugging me. My weekend goal is to empty at least one of them!!

Annie - Loved your li'l man story. Very cute. Wow, good thing you moved C's car into the garage the other night!!

Michelle - Great that you're willing to be so flexible in your relo plans. At least it gets you closer to where you want to be, even if it doesn't end up being right in San Diego.

Happy - When I bought my mcd's salad they enclosed a flyer for their new premium wraps, but I didn't pay much attention to it before I tossed it in the recycling bin. Honestly, I'm lucky I got out of there without succumbing to a filet-o-fish, a sundae, apple pie.... Well, at least it's not 5 inches. I used to have rubber boots - short ones, and they were good for the dog park and walking along the creek. At some point, one actually got a tear in it and that was that. I wouldn't mind having another pair of those. But not the tall ones - just don't care for them. I think all the women wearing them downtown look really silly. Can't wait for that trend to die. In the meantime I might invest in a pair of the kind LL Bean sells.

Mel - Ah yes, the good old days when Gram got her hand stuck in the ringer! Yup get Richie to make the pizza dough, Jen to make the sauce, and you can provide toppings - team effort!

Hellos to the rest of you lurkers! Have a great weekend!===
===
Okay, no plans tonight. Well, I will finish the last 40 pages of the book club book. I didn't care for it. Sounds like a lot of people did...not sure why. Maybe it's got a fantastic twisty ending that makes it all worthwhile.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to a circuit class. Tomorrow night is book club, so I'm going to make a batch of brownies.

Sunday is kettlebell class #2. Hope to achieve that happy medium that Mel mentioned - one that won't leave me sore for four days afterwards!!!

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #117  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES

SUN IS SHINING AND SO AM I.
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO TODAY.
GUESS I SHOULD KEEP FILLING THESE CARTONS UP.
YESTERDAY WAS QUIET AND NOTHING IS NEW.
JEN FELL AND IS NURSING "BRUISED" INSIDES.
SHE JUST FEELS BANGED UP.
RICHIE BROUGHT HOME DINNER BUT I PASSED.
OH....FORGOT TO TELL YOU....
I TOLD JEN TO CANCEL THE NS FOOD AUTO-DELIVERIES.
I THINK THE SOY IS AFFECTING THE ROSACEA.
I WILL MISS THE CONVENIENCE FOR SURE.
AND THERE IS STILL TOO MUCH SUCRAL;OSE IN THERE.
THEY SAID THEY CUT BACK ON IT BUT MY TUMMY KNOWS IT'S THERE.
NOW I WILL SEE IF I CAN LOSE MORE WITH TJ.
OK....OFF TO BREAKFAST.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE

LAURA.....HOPE THE MEETINGS WENT WELL.
AHHHHH YES....THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN GRAM BLEW THE OVEN UP ON A REGULAR BASIS
PLEASE TRY NOT TO KILL YOURSELF WITH THE KETTLE BALL.
THAT THING LOOKS DANGEROUS TO ME
ESPECIALLY WHEN I SEE JILLIAN ON THE BL WITH ONE IN HER HANDS!!
THAT WOMAN IS DANGEROUS ENOUGH ON HER OWN!!
WHO COMES UP WITH THESE IDEAS??????
ENJOY THE CLUB & THE BROWNIES. SAVE ME ONE.

ANNIE.....IT'S SO FUNNY YOU POSTED GILLIGAN'S SONG.
I SING THAT A LOT HERE. IT'S VERY CHEERY TO ME.
BRINGS BACK FOND TV MEMORIES!!

HAPPY.....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S STILL SNOWING OUT THERE!
DANG WOMAN....SEND SOME HERE....IT'S NICER TO LOOK AT.
HOPE YOU & DH DON'T GEEL TOO HOUSE BOUND.
TRY NOT TO HURT EACH OTHER NOW....BE GOOD KIDDIES.
PLAY NICE IN THE SANDBOX AND SHARE THE TOYS
I'LL BRING THE BIG VAC WE HAVE HERE FOR WHEN THE SENIORS FORGET TO TURN A FAUCET OFF
BOOTS ARE A GREAT IDEA...HOW ABOUT SOME FLORAL WELLIES??
Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #118  
Creating a Healthier Me

This morning when I let the dogs out at 6 am, it was snowing. And I thought to myself "Okay, this sucks, but at least it won't stick on the ground." The dogs and I went back to bed and got up again at 7:30, and sho' nuff, the snow was sticking on the ground!! Hopefully it will only be a dusting. I'm sure CA will have much better weather today.

I have a phone interview at 1 today for a job in San Diego, and another phone interview on Monday after work for a job in San Jose. I'm keeping both location options open since I have good friends and family support systems in both places.

My roommate and I got together with a friend yesterday for dinner, and she and I are going to a workshop together this evening. She and I are getting along great and it's really nice having her and her dog here.

Gotta run...I've got to get to the laundromat, library and grocery store.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 04-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Saturday...today is cleaning MY house day....already have two loads of laundry done, dishwasher emptied, and dusting is done. Now for the toitie room, kitchen and vacuuming. Miss Sassy gets a bath also. High today is 50 and cloudy. Tomorrow only working on Cs house till about 1 then home to cut the grass and move more dirt, maybe clean out the flower garden in front. Tomorrow is sunny and 70 so I want to take advantage of that. Also have to do some errands after I get the house cleaned today.

I was going to mention that my blood sugar came back perfect. I always worry about that as my grandmother, momma, daddy, and all 3 brothers have diabetes. They all obtained it at various ages after 35. Yikes!

MELLIE....I think we all do better with fresh garden stuff or fresh frozen stuff. I rarely buy canned veggies as they have so much salt in them. Bout then only thing I buy in a can is refried beans. Love the rubber boots. Funny I found some in a mark down basket at Walmart, they has 4 leaf clovers on them and said the fighting Notre Dame. I don't care what they say on them..they work..lol I grew up singing Gilligan's Island, Green Acres, Adam's Family, Brady Bunch and many others, actually what is really scary is I know all the words to them too! Now we know the rest of the story about me...

LAURA...good for you resting on Friday night, I did too, even went to bed at 7:30 with C, but I was up at 1 am, in the chair watching Golden Girls and Frasier. Sounds like you are getting some good exercising in this weekend. Yah! Sassy won't walkl on a leash, she just sits there a looks at me or fights it. Guess I have her spoiled by carrying her everywhere.

HAPPY...sorry about all the snow...I am sending some Indiana warm thoughts to melt that crap. I would love a ride though the trails and sitting on the deck drinking some tea or something good!!

SHADDIE...have you decided if you are going back or not to the **** hole?

CEEG....Goodwill with thank you for your contribution. Have you seen the Goodwill commercial about the lil black dress? Did you give them one.

Hello to all you lovely ladies...make it a great weekend.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #120  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Swear I posted yesterday.
all gone however if I did. Not much to report and it is well past my bedtime. Took the knee to the Doc yesterday and he did his best to dislocate it while trying to see what had happened. Seems I have a severely strained medial ligament on the inside of the left leg. So I must exercise it with non load bearing exercises. Go swimming, he said. So I did. 20 lengths of the pool. Then I did some leg lifts and bends. There is a fair range of movement back now but he says it might take up to 4 weeks to get it right. If only it wouldn't give out on me halfway down a flight of stairs. I can cope with everything else. Tomorrow I will attempt to walk it around the usual circuit avoiding all the steps and stairs. That should be fun!!!! Followed by another swim. A friend tells me there is a jewellery exhibition on this weekend. I missed it on Friday night but thought I might go tonight or tomorrow. Huh? Closes early tonight and there is no opening times information for Sunday which pretty much sums up the Territory. Not open on Sunday.

Anyway, I am off to bed. I will catch you all tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote