3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/269117-worldlie-chicks-say-november-new-beginnings.html)

diyana 11-29-2012 08:38 AM

Super busy at work...and at home. Boss says I have until January to improve my production, which probably means I have until my vacay to CA in 3 weeks. So minimal posting from work for me.

Landlord got a complaint from the upstairs tenant about Santa's barking when I leave for work...so landlord suggested I get another dog if that might help with his separation anxiety. I know Santa, it probably wouldn't help. So for now, I'm going to take him to the ex's every day so he can stay there with Doppler and Cooper.

Not enough hours in the day to get done all my work, divorce paperwork, etc. :faint:

Anyway, I love you all lots and I'll catch up with what's going on with you this weekend.

Much love and many hugs,

Laura705 11-29-2012 11:28 AM

Morning all. As if the morning meeting yesterday wasn't enough stress, there was drama with the admin (related to the software project, of course) right after lunch, which included a closed door session by the admin with the boss, and then the two of them w/ the sr mgr. Me sitting there in my cube, majorly annoyed. Oh well, that's over. No one ever came over to me to drag me into any of the discussions, so whatever. Of course, in my speculative little brain, I imagine everyone being told to document everything and whatever alleged transgression(s) I committed coming back to haunt me come performance review time. Bleh.

Michelle - You're superbusy as usual!! You must really really be looking forward to your upcoming CA vacay. You so deserve it. :) It's another thing for you to do now morning and night, but it's probably best for Santa to be with his doggy friends during the day. :)

Mel - I'm so glad you're feeling better today. :yes: But I say keep the sign posted and the door locked and have another day of rest!!! I'm happy about the warmup in temps we're going to get. Sunday might be the day we put up our outdoor Christmas decorations. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Thank you for mentioning the yams because it reminded me that we have a few small sweet potatoes we need to use up! ;)

Annie - Gosh, I hope your hiccups went away! I get them very rarely and very briefly, but in the back of my mind I worry about ending up like those folks who say they've had hiccups for 5 years. :yikes: Well, from my mini-rant above you can tell my day didn't get better...I usually can deal with the normal day-to-day BS, but when the drama gets to be too much, I just start to question why we do this to ourselves, and what a waste of time and energy it is! It's funny that before I went to the office yesterday morning I stopped at the lobby shop to buy a powerball ticket and I completely forgot all about it all day long - daydreaming of winning even a pittance of that huge jackpot might have been a nice distraction from all the crap if I'd remembered it sitting in my wallet, lol. Wow, what a horrible thing for c's dd! I hope C can find a good renter for the house so he doesn't have to sell it at a loss.

Ceejay - Sorry you got talked into working tomorrow! :mad: I'm glad you're leaving the note that makes it clear that you're totally unavailable while you're on your vacay. I hate that so many people can't truly get away from work while they're supposedly off work - nights, weekends, vacations. And they feel they can't use up their paid vacation time! Crazy.

Shad - So was the hot-head down the hall half-baked or fully-baked?:joker:

===
Well, I'm at work so you know I didn't win anything in the powerball drawing, for which I bought a grand total of $4 of tickets. I matched two numbers in one set of my numbers...don't suppose that pays out.

Bf and I met his friend at the gym last night. I did 20 min./1.15 miles on the treadmill and then did a few strength machines - leg press, leg extension, torso rotation. Have to learn how to adjust the machines - each one seems to have multiple things to change, excluding the amount of weight you want! Ended up the workout with some ab crunches. Enough for me. Went home, showered, threw in a load of laundry, ate dinner, watched some telly and hit the hay.

The boss is out today for the rest of the week and possibly part of next week - family illness. I'm sort of in a lull right now as far as major projects go, so I'm cleaning up e-mail and working on some miscellaneous stuff that needs doing.

Glad you all liked the doggy/puppy photos. Bf ran into the neighbor and doggy last night and she reported she'd taken him into a little doggy bakery yesterday and he got into some mischief there so she won't be doing that again. :lol: Oh, and the reason she went was to buy something called "bully bones" because she heard that by the pup chewing on them, it hastens the loss of those sharp little puppy teeth! Too funny, but it does bring back memories of how happy we were when Coal finally started losing his! :)

That's about it. Tonight we're going to use up our $40 of free grocery money before we forget about it and miss the deadline. That's means maybe two or three bags, lol. It doesn't take much to hit $40.

TTFN!
:cofdate: ::coffee2:

happy2bme 11-29-2012 01:24 PM

Hi there chicks,

Woke up this morning just like the rest of you (I assume) and did NOT win the 580 million dollar lottery. Oh well, what would I do with all that money anyway besides be pestered for the rest of my life by hoards of people with their hands out :shrug: :lol: I do have the next 2 days off although I might get called in to help with a technical issue. Thinking about putting up the Christmas tree although DH said if he sees it up he will start pestering me about where's his presents :rolleyes:

I did get my hair done. She did a good job. Hair has a bit of a red tone in it which DH said pops my eyes. She didn't put as many lighter highlights in it as I would have wanted but she said she followed the card my last stylist wrote. Said we can change it up next time. She gave me a good cut - better layers so it bends a bit and I can style it more. Last couple of years my hair is bone straight and won't do much of anything besides lay there. I had commented on liking the red hair but the dye really irritated my scalp - she said they have a fix for that so we can try it next time. While at the salon one of the stylists was talking about a Girl's Night Out they do here - a bunch of ladies who do home businesses or make stuff to sell. I went that night - had a nice time. Picked up a few gifts and a nice lighted centerpiece for the table - a bunch of "sticks" as DH called it with some holly berries and dried pine cones - decorated with white LED lights on a battery pack. I think it's pretty. :D I also enjoyed the complimentary glass of wine and the nibbles - cheese toast rounds, sliced steak bites with a wonderful sauce and a spinach dip. It was a nice night out.

Michelle - sounds like things are really busy for you. Just put one foot in front of the other and prioritize. When things are that scattered for me I tend to flit between one thing and another and just make things worse for myself. Sorry that Santa is lonely during the day and barking. I'm sure this is a drastic change for him and he doesn't understand. I'm glad you were able to make arrangements so that he can go back to the house and have company although that makes your day longer. Hang in there :hug:

Mel - 60 degrees???? How balmy. Enjoy it for me. We are supposed to get into the 40's but all that will do is melt some of the existing snow enough to make it sheer ice by the time it refreezes after the sun sets. I'd rather it just stay cold if it can't get warm for a few days running. We are also supposed to get some freezing rain Saturday night which does not make me happy as I am working the late shift. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. I wonder if one of those rice type / hot pad snake things you put in the microwave for the neck and shoulders would help you. Probably not as much as a nice neck massage from a mostly naked Igor but I hear he's pretty busy this time of year :lol3: Thanks for the tip on the PayPal - I would transfer money from my checking to my PayPal account but not sure I'd want to directly link my debit card. Call me paranoid... :^: Sorry that the Aleve is bothering your tummy - I am that way with Excedrin - it's just too strong to take. I assume you always take it with food like you should. Better stick with whiskey :rofl:

Annie - hope that your hiccups finally subsided. That's a bummer with C's house. I sure hope he can find someone nice to rent the place. Not so sure I'd want to be saddled with extra real estate in this market. But he is a good guy so I hope that goodness brings him some luck here. So have you bought out the store with presents for the Lil Man yet? He will be soooo cute this year - big enough to know what's going on and so stinkin' cute with the awe of it all.

Laura - that's adorable with the pup next door digging to play with Coal. Guess tho that might not be so cute if he keeps doing it. They look like they were having a great time. Sorry the job has gotten to you - at least yesterday. Hope it's a temporary thing and passes quickly. Thanks on the comment on the avatar - it's just a picture I found tho I love chickadees. Felt it might be a bit too early to change to the holiday avatar so this is a good winter one. OMG - I got a big laugh out of you trying to keep up with the seniors in the step class and not letting any of them best you :rofl: I can so relate - felt the same way in the Zumba Gold class I took but try as I might - they kicked my butt. :lol:

Ceejay- sounds like that co-worker knows just how to wheedle their way around your good nature and trick you into getting what they want. It's a shame you have to be on guard for being a nice person. :no:

Shad - yes DH did calm down at last. I can only wonder what goes on here when I'm away :dizzy: I loved your comment about general stupidity - seems to abound all over the place. Glad it's not too horrible for you this week. Have you scheduled a trip to see the baby yet or still thinking about it?

Hellos to Ellen, Patty and Java. Have a good one kids...

MELODY525 11-29-2012 04:46 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qNOJPmJV0p...Senior+Bus.jpg

QUICKIE POST TONITE....GOING WITH JEN TO THE MARKET TOMORROW.
WILLY IS DRIVING AND OFFERED TO HELP OUT.
IT'S NOT OFTEN HE TAKES US SHOPPING ANYMORE.
ALSO LESS FOR JEN TO LOAD AND CHECK OUT.
SHE DOES HERS & HE'LL DO MINE.
GOT THE LIST READY AND RARING TO GO.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY.:sunny:

ceejay52 11-29-2012 09:27 PM

Was any one else band from the forum? That was weird.
Had a good day in Jonesboro, went to the dermatologist, returned some sweaters to JCP and then got my hair cut. I'm thinking seriously about having highlights done next time.
_______
Happy
I'm blaming myself now for having to work tomorrow next time I'll have to be more clear to the co-worker. She probably thought that my week end was just a week end. It's a rule of thumb that we don't have to okay a request unless it's at least a two week notice. This was only a 2 day notice. She always has a family member that's sick.

Michelle
Good idea on taking Santa to the ex to be with the other dog's.

Mel
We're suppose to have the same type of weather. Last year this time we had snow according to the weather man. Have fun shopping.

Laura
Good job on the exercise. I'm getting slack again on every thing.

Shad 11-29-2012 10:49 PM

Morning all,
Gonna get this done in bits and pieces today so that I don’t get to go another day without posting. Not that there is much to say about anything up here. The world goes round, lack of organisation reigns supreme and everyone is running about countermanding other orders. There is a mini budget coming down this week and they all seem to think that they might lose their jobs.
With some that won’t be a problem.
I’ve a weekend up here and I plan to spend some time at the fruit and veg markets in the morning and then some grocery shopping, followed by a bit of sightseeing and maybe phone calls to friends.
Other than that no plans other than exercise, rest, recreation and food!

Michelle –The most important thing here is to keep your job. If you score one in California, fine but otherwise you need to hang on to what you have. So we won’t expect you to post except on weekends as available.

Annie – OMG short time now till the wedding. Hope all those wonderful arrangements I saw on the blog are going along smoothly.
As you say what a mess with the DD. I would have thought that it would be a renters paradise over there at the moment since so many folk seem to be surrendering their houses – or is that not the case in Indiana?

Ceejay – hope you have a great weekend with the relatives and that you holiday is uninterrupted.

Mel – Boilers – old or new seem to have hiccups and cause problems from time to time. This new one I have with the Solar Water Heating makes some horrendous grumbling noises from time to time. Which reminds me I should get back on to the Solar power project thingy as well.

Laura – Dang it on the software b*lls up. And it isn’t even your fault. Doncha just love it when everything seems to go wrong at the worst possible time. Hot head down the hall is fully baked. He and his co worker I call the Hotshot and the Fusspot. The hotshot grasps the concept instantly and then doesn’t listen to the last of the instructions. The fusspot whinges and grizzles about the things that can not be changed.

Have run out of time and have to now go out to the other place. So I will post this and come back to the other bits later. Have fun

MELODY525 11-30-2012 07:40 AM

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...nks/Coffee.gif

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES

NO FOOD SHOPPING TODAY. THE KIDS WENT LAST NIGHT.
RICHIE HAD WORK TODAY SO HE NEEDED COLDCUTS.
I AM GLAD CAUSE IT'S COLD AND I AM SLEEPY.
NOTHING NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT .
OH....I DID GET MY EXTRA CHECK FOR THE QUARTER ENDING IN DECEMBER. :dance:
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE. WEEKEND IS HERE!!:encore:

CEEJAY....WERE YOU UNABLE TO LOG IN??
WONDER WHAT HAPPENED. MAYBE THEY WERE WORKING ON THE SITE.
HIGHLIGHTS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA.
GLAD TO HEAR THE TRIP to JONESBORO WENT WELL.
ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF!

SHAD.....I WILL JOIN YOU FOR THE "exercise, rest, recreation and food! "
WELL MAYBE NOT THE RECREATION UNLESS AN ALARM GOES OFF:rofl:
IT REALLY IS A SHAME PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN TO US.
THE WORLD WOULD BE A MUCH SMOOTHER RUNNING PLACE:lol3: :lol3:
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND THERE:cb:
OUR BOILERS DON'T KNOW HOW TO "TALK" YET CAUSE THEY'RE STILL PEEING ALL OVER THE ELECTRIC ROOM FLOOR!!!!:rain: :rofl:

HAPPY....LAURA IS RIGHT...I LOVE THE AVATAR. VERY CUTE. REMINDS ME OF OLD POSTCARDS.
WE JUST HAD THE RAIN AND SLEET & SNOW. BUT IT MELTED ALREADY.
THAT NIGHT OUT SOUNDED GREAT AND YOUR HAIR DOES TOO.
I WAS LAUGHING CAUSE YESTERDAY THE GIRLS WERE TALKING ABOUT HIGHLIGHTS.
ONE WOMAN SAID I HAVE A WHOLE HEAD OF HIGHLIGHTS!!
I WOULD HAVE TO DO BROWN HIGHLIGHTS!! ROFLMAO
ENJOY THE TIME OFF AND KEEP WARM:hug:

LAURA....WAS LAUGHING AT THE NEW DOGS ANTICS.
HE WON'T BE ALLOWED IN ANY STORE SOON! :rofl: :rofl:
TOO RIGHT THAT $40 DOESN'T GO VERY FAR.
IF YOU BUY MEAT IT WILL ONLY BE ONE BAG!!!
MAYBE THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHOULD GET ON AN EXERCISE KICK AND
ALL OF YOU CAN GO ON THE SAME NIGHT! I TRIED THAT WITH THE BL.
WHEN IT FIRST CAME ON I SAID WE COULD EXERCISE IN OUR CHAIRS ALONGSIDE BOB & HIS TEAM.
ALL I GOT WAS STARES OF INCREDIBILITY:lol3: :lol3:
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.

I THINK I AM MISSING SOME POSTS.............BE RIGHT BACK............

MICHELLE....SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT SANTA & THE JOB.
MAKE THE JOB YOUR FIRST OBLIGATION AND DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE:hug:
HOPE THE DOG IS HAPPY AT THE HOUSE.

ceejay52 11-30-2012 09:08 AM

Morning
At work today for the co-worker. I made up my mind yesterday that today will be a do nothing day except for the have too's. I'm prepared with my answer of no if she calls during the rest of my time off. Boss told me that when he get's the call from the lab in Paragould that I'll finish filling up the water tower.

Mel
Glad to hear that you didn't have to go grocery shopping. It's nice to have Jen and Richie to go for you.

More later.

happy2bme 11-30-2012 12:14 PM

Hi ladies,

Not going to sit on the computer today. Thinking I might get the tree up and I have alot to clear in order to get that done. So quick post for me.

Ceejay - I know what you mean about being a nice person and caving in on the work schedule. I did the same thing myself - now kicking myself that I inconvienienced myself to make it easier for others. I have to stop and think before I open my mouth. :rolleyes:

Annie - have a WONDERFUL time at DS and DIL's wedding - I'm sure you will.

Shad - hope you get something tasty to eat at the markets.

Mel - actually I do get brown highlights but the dark ones are called LOWlights :rofl: glad the freezing stuff didn't stick around.

:wave: to the rest of the chicks. Gotta get busy. Have a good weekend ladies.

Laura705 11-30-2012 02:15 PM

Happy Friday Worldlies! Happy Weekend to you Shad! ;)

Happy - Glad you like the shade of your color, hopefully next time they get it just right. I used to get highlights and lowlights. Aside from deciding it really wasn't "me", I hated how long it took to do all those foils! Hope you enjoy getting the tree up & decorated. I don't like it until after getting it down from the attic and into the stand. It's pre-lit, so we can go right on to the best part - hanging the ornaments. :)

Ceejay - Hope this last day of work before your vacation is mellow and goes by quickly! (Can those both happen together? Hmmm.)

Mel - Glad you didn't have to go shopping - much better to stay home and stay warm! Yay for paychecks - today is payday for me! :D:D As for exercising with neighbors...no thanks, don't need to have them see me fumbling with the equipment at the gym, LOL. It's bad enough they see me walking or cycling to the train station every weekday - I don't like people feeling like they know my schedule while they get to remain anonymous, haha.

Shad - Hotshot and Fusspot - love it!! :lol3: Hope the new budget doesn't cause any meltdowns there. Enjoy your weekend - exercise, rest, recreation and food. That about sums it up, though I might change the order... food would never be last, lol.

Annie - Best wishes to your son and his bride-to-be as they tie the knot! I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and you have a wonderful time! :)

Michelle - Hang in there, it's almost the weekend. Hope work doesn't spill into it too much and that you get some relaxation time for yourself. :)

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies! :wave:
==
Nothing much to report. I was a bit sore yesterday from the previous night's gym workout and therefore fatigued. I wasn't up for much after work beyond going to the market to use our $40 grocery money coupons. Of course we spent about $30 above and beyond that - there's always some items that aren't on the shopping list that end up in the cart. :rolleyes: One of those items was a box of Good Earth Chai tea bags. Tried it this morning. Meh. The spice blend isn't right for me. Sigh, only 17 more tea bags to use up. I'll see if sprinkling a bit of my chai spice blend into it will tone it down.

Tomorrow night's the book club/ornament exchange. I need to wrap my ornament and figure out a snack to bring. I might make a batch of brownies.

On Sunday bf's mum is coming over for dinner. I believe we're going to have a ham that bf's mum had given us a while back and has been sitting in the freezer. I sure hope it was properly wrapped...

That's about it for me. C'mon weekend!!

ceejay52 11-30-2012 05:47 PM

Annie
Best wishes to your son and new daughter in law tomorrow. Have fun at the wedding.

Laura
Yum on the brownies which are my favorite dessert. Can't eat chocolate like I used to though.

Shad
Hope the mini budget isn't to bad and no one loses their jobs.
----------------
The boss called me today at 3 p.m. and told me to switch back to the main tank. We passed inspection. 2 more hours and I'm home free. It's vacation time.:dance: It's my week end to go to the uncles so I think I'll pack my over night bag tonight and that way I can sleep a little longer in the morning.

MELODY525 12-01-2012 06:39 AM

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...dt2ipsrvx9.gif

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE.

I HAD A LOVELY FRIDAY.
EVERYTHING WAS QUIET FOR THE MOST PART.
SPENT TIME WITH JEN.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO REPORT. BORING DAY :rofl: :rofl:
HAVE A GREAT DAY.:moped:

CEEJAY~ GOOD FOR YOU HAVING THE "NO" ANSWER READY.
IT'S YOUR VACATION....HOLD ON TO IT!!
GLAD TO HEAR THE WATER TANK GOT AN APPROVAL!! GOOD JOB.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THE UNCLES.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.:hug:

HAPPY~ GOOD IDEA NOT SITTING HERE WASTING TIME.
SO DID THE TREE GET UP & DECORATE ITSELF :tree:
DID DH GO SEARCHING FOR HIS PRESENTS???
I WATCHED A MAN ON TV WALKING AROUND WITH TURKEYS HE RAISED.
MADE ME THINK OF YOU & DH!!

LAURA...CRACKED UP ABOUT THE NEIGHBORS.
I WISH I COULD BE ANONYMOUS TOO. WE THINK ALIKE. LOL
I SEE TYHE SEARCH FOR GOOD TEAS GOES ON.
I MUST HAVE TRIED A TON OF TEA & GAVE THEM AWAY.
FOR SOME REASON THEY'RE ALL BITTER TO ME.
HAPPY HUNTING & HOPE YOU'RE NOT SORE TODAY!

ceejay52 12-01-2012 09:17 AM

Mel
You are up early this morning. Glad your day was quiet yesterday. Mine was too. Getting ready to go to my uncles.

Happy
I'm going to put out a few decorations on Monday.

Laura
Think I'm going to the gym next week.
------
Ugh I saw a mouse last night. I dislike those creatures.

Made an appointment yesterday to get my eyes checked on December 13.

MELODY525 12-01-2012 10:13 AM

THIS WAY TO THE WORLDLY CHICKS DECEMBER THREAD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4544492

http://rlv.zcache.com/north_pole_pos...1en8sh_325.jpg