Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #196  

Morning Ladies. Brrr, chilly start today. Fall is definitely here.

Michelle - No, I think it'll definitely be worth the attorney fees to get him out of your life. You get to move on to a happy new life and he'll have to live with himself and what he's done.

Annie - Thanks so much for the articles you sent, espec. the one about improving the soil! Definitely need that in our yard! So many things to do inside and out - I think we were so burnt out after all the improvement projects we've done, we just stopped and became complacent, but we really will have to start a list again and WORK IT! I hope that this baby adjusts to having Sissy care for him and that it works out okay for her. That little Sassy is too cute. Coal sometimes would toss a toy in the air and I'd worry he'd hit the tv and break it! Good that either office you'd report to is acceptable, but they need to decide which one soon to keep things moving!

Ellen - Have fun feeding the ducks!

Mel - We did get some rain yesterday, started not 5 minutes after I got home. Good thing I took the earlier train home, LOL!! If you're achey, just relax today. Bf's mum is 79 yo and works 24 hours a week and we're trying to get her into some senior housing that's less $$ than her current over 55 apt. A spot at a nice building near us is becoming available, but the catch-22 is that her income is too high for much of a rent savings. If she cuts her hours, the rent would be less...might be worth it to move now because the time will certainly come sooner or later when she won't want to work, or won't be able to.

Shad - Nice that Miss Sunday will have the company of ds2 and his gf when you're off to your next assignment. How did you progress with your to-do list yesterday?

Ceejay - Good for you getting help cleaning while you're working this long stint. We need some deep cleaning, especially in our basement and garage. The office, however, is what has the most clutter. There's a document destruction event (a truck with on-the-spot shredding) on Saturday that I'd like to take a bunch of old paperwork to, but at the moment I only have a partial shopping bag filled. Maybe I just need to crank through some of those paper piles this week to make the trip worth it (this event is in a neighboring suburb). Hope you're getting the fall temps you've been wanting.

Hellos to Happy, Patty & Mary!!
--
Eating was bad yesterday, and I also was a sloth when I got home from work and did not get out to the market for groceries. I did, however, finish my book and so it went back to the library on time.

Having lunch with a work buddy today. Skipping movie night. They chose that Batman movie, but it's a really long movie and I just don't care too much about seeing it, so I'll skip it.

My local jazzercise franchise is changing locations, and so they are moving out of the location I didn't like and hopefully to a more spacious space. However, the same snarky, arrogant instructor is teaching the classes that I'd be going to in the evenings and I just don't care for her, so my hopes went up briefly this morning and were then dashed.

That's about it for me. Everyone have a wonderful Tues/Wed.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #197  

Here's a photo from the Dells duck tour - the cliffs are Potsdam sandstone, which I learned is only present in a few places in the world - one of which is the WI Dells.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dells 9-15-12 pic 2 resz.JPG (92.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #198  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY....keep us posted on DHs appointment and what is going on with him. Holy cow. That wasn't CindyMs blog, that was just a statement off of her blog. I thought it was a good one. You might just be practicing packing and unpacking for the moment. Yes I love Penzey's spices, cept I just go nuts in there, overwhelming.

LAURA...nice shot of the Dells. It is hard to get back into the swing of things even after a short vacation. Be easy on yourself, you are beautiful just the way you are. I am not into the Batman movies either. Can't sit still that long. Need to be moving, folding clothes or something.

CHELLE...I double what HAPPY and LAURA said. THIS IS ABOUT YOU!
LIke I texted you...BUCK UP BUCKO!!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
This week hasn't been to bad. I've told myself to take care of me and me only.

My friend in Jonesboro still hasn't responded to any of my text so I sent out one to another friend. I'll see if ther is a problem with my phone before I make to big of a judgement call. Even sent her a message in FB.

Chelle
Sending you all the good vibes and prayers you need.

Happy
Hope things go well at the cardiologist for your dh so you can go visit with your mom.

Laura
The picture at the Dells was good. That is on spot I would like to go to. If there were a Curves gym close by think I would go there. There's one in Paragould but I'm not driving two hours just to go to the gym.

Mel
Try to get some rest.

Hello's to the rest I'm a bit groggy today. Finally took a pain med, Meloxicam, for my lower back yesterday. I don't think I'll take those any more until the Tylenol quits working.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #200  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok... why shouldn't I be surprised that I'm kind of behind???? Not awful tho.

DH's appointment went well. Doctor said his heart is strong and valves are not blocked. Said they could do nothing more and he'd be fine but since the palpatations bother him, they can give him some medicine to keep the heart in rhythm. What a relief. He's going for a stress test while I'm away. 3 hours of test after an hour and a half drive each way. He had scheduled it for the day after he returned back and I said "are you NUTS!!!!" He went and changed it to next week. It's a big relief to know he is ok. Now to deal with Mom...

Anyway, love to the chicks. Keep the place running while I'm gone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #201  
Annie - Indiana

Thank GOD Happy....prayers and well wishes to DH and to momma. Be safe sister...xoxo
Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #202  

Happy - Glad dh's appt went well. Safe travels, and hopefully you can find a nice place for a free wi-fi connection while you're gone. Having forgotten my phone at home today, I should warn you that I'm not always so good with my cell phone and feel free to contact me at my other numbers. I requested a Penzey's catalog a while back and have received several. I think the back-to-school issue was the one that had an absolutely fantastic-looking apple bread recipe with a flavored butter to go along with it. The photo had me drooling - I just have to try that one. Maybe for book club...

Ceejay - Hope your lower back feels better. Yeh, the location has to be convenient first, then the instructor has to be acceptable (if it's a class). I think I've decided to just sign back up for a fitness passport again.

Annie - Thank you, that was a sweet thing to say!

Last edited by Laura705; 09-18-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #203  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Howdy

Laura tattled on me? LOL. No, no secret now, yes, we eloped and it was wonderful. Pooh Bear set it up and even decided where and made the reservations. We went before the judge and that was that. We went to a local resort (1 1/2 hours away) and had a wonderful time. We went down in the cavern (Smoke Hole) and up to the top of the mountains (Dolly Sods). I'm very happy with my man, who in the last few years, has stepped up and become more than I could ever ask for.

I follow you all and care for each and every one of you. Your highs and your lows. Please don't mistake my silence for indifference. I am here and I care.

All the photos (taken on my iPhone) are pretty impressive (LOL) and posted on my Face Book) and if you'd LIKE to see them... look me up...... Mary Padovini....

Peace and hugs to all who dwell here, all you wonderful chicks from around this big, blue marble.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #204  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.

WOKE EARLY AND THOUGHT I'D GET A JUMP ON THE DAY.
YESTERDAY WAS QUIET BUT THE NITE HAD 2 ALARMS.
BOTH FALSE AND BOTH THE SAME WOMAN.
2ND TIME THE COPS GAVE HER "WHAT FOR".
GLAD THEY DID CAUSE I WAS READY TO KILL HER
IT'S DARKER TODAY THAN YESTERDAY.
STORMS WERE FURIOUS LAST NIGHT.
HIGH WINDS & TORNADO WARNINGS.
I WENT TO BED IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.
WIND IS STILL FLIPPING ABOUT THE BUILDING.
IT MAKES THIS HIGHRISE BLDG GROAN...I HATE THAT NOISE.
I NEED SOME BREAKFAST.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

ELLEN....IT'S ALL ABOUT DUCKS THIS WEEK. FIRST LAURA, THEN DUCKS IN MY RAIN AND YOU'RE FEEDING THEM
I KNOW.....I'M NUTS

ANNIE...EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE PUMPKIN LATTE.
SOMEDAY I WILL HAVE TO TRY IT.
HOPE THE JOB WORKS OUT FOR SISSY.
I DID THE SAME WHEN JEN WAS A BABE.
CAN BE GOOD MONEY AND STAYING HOME.
YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH SASSY....I COULD JUST SEE HER.
LIFE THRU CHEMICALS IS FINE WITH ME

MICHELLE....WE ONLY NEED TO HAVE ONE A$$HOLE IN OUR LIVES.
AND THAT'S FOR THE BATHROOM.
I AM ALL FOR YOU'RE GETTING RID OF THE EXTRA ONE
HANG IN THERE AND THINK GOOD THOUGHTS ABOUT YOURELF.

HAPPY.... SAFE TRAVELS AND HOPE TO HEAR HOW MOM IS DOING.
WILL SEND HER GOOD THOUGHTS TILL WE DO
HOPE DH HAD A GOOD REPORT FROM THE DR TOO.
SENDING HIM A GOOD THOUGHT ALSO
PART 2: I AM RELIEVED AS WELL TO HEAR DH IS OK. THANK GOD SOMETHING IS GOING RIGHT THIS MONTH!! HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU AND LOTS OF LUCK FOR HIS STRESS TEST.

LAURA...MY INCOME IS LOW ENOUGH TO BE IN THIS BLDG.
BUT SOC SEC SAYS I MAKE TOO MUCH money at $69 @ week.
SO THEY TOOK 1/2 TOOK MONEY AWAY FROM MY CHECK
SOMETIMES YOU JUST CAN'T WIN!!
IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR HER TO MAKE THE MOVE BEFORE SHE GETS ANY OLDER I AGREE.
I ALMOST WAITED TOO LONG.
SORRY YOUR HOPES GOT DASHED AND THE SNARKY INSTRUCTOR IS STILL THERE
I WENT TO A WEBITE AND LOOKED AT THE DELLS.
DID YOU GO ON ONE OF THOSE BOAT-CARS???
OMG I LOVED IT!! BUT THEY SHOULD BE SHAPED LIKE DUCKS
AND MAYBE PAINTED YELLOW!!!
IT REALLY IS SUCH A GORGEOUS PLACE.

CEEJAY.....MAYBE YOU COULD GET THE DR TO GIVE YOU A LOWER DOSAGE...IF THERE IS ONE. HOPE THE TYLENOL CONTINUE TO WORK & THE BACK FEELS BETTER.

MARY...I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU & JAY.
HOPE YOU BOTH WILL BE VERY HAPPY TOO
I'M GLAD TOO THAT YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TIME.
ELOPING IS A GREAT THING!!
YOU DESERVE ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD.
SO NOW YOU ARE MRS POOHBEAR!!!
PLEASE SEND ME A PIC IF YOU CAN.
I AM NOT ON FACEBOOK! & GIVE JAY MY LOVE TOO!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #205  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets!!

Happy happy hump day! Trash is out, had my coffee, cottage cheese with garden veggies and also a greek yogurt. My oh my I am a lil piglet today!

Mary...Best wished to you and yours. How exciting that you found the perfect man for you. I, too, am blessed with a great person...finally after all these years. We are engaged but have not set a date.

MELLIE...if they are going to pull false alarms, why must they do it at night, don't they know they are supposed to be sleeping at night and alarm pulling in the day time? Sheesh! Not raining here but dang cold. 42 degrees when I left for work this morning. Sassy was having nothing to do with pottying this morning. I finally had to discipline her into going potty. (Jumping in front of her so she didn't dash to the back sliding door)

CHELLE...stay strong sister...call, text, post for support. We are all here for you.

Hello to all the wonderful women this morning.

Have an awesome day.

Loves, Hugs and many prayers.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #206  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chicks! I did not make it out yesterday, I think I had some of what was bothering the kiddies last week and I just rested all morning. Imade a quick and dirty pasta dish for dinner, and it turned out quite tasty. Mom is coming by for a walk today, I have been mapping out route and she is up to 0.45 miles. It is a little chilly today, so we will see how far we get today. I need to get to the grocery store today too…why does it always disappear so fast. I swear, it feels like I was just there!

Melody~I Don’t mind sleeping during a storm, but then again, I am on the ground floor and don’t have to hear the building groaning. I can’t believe they took away part of your SS because you make $69 a week!! What a rip off!!

Mary~Congrats on the marriage!

CeeJay~take care going into day #4! Hope your back is doing ok.

Laura~bummer on the Jazzercise classes, but at least you are able to get the fitness passes from the park district.

Happy~I am so glad to hear the DH’s heart is strong. I hope his stress test goes well. Have a safe trip!!

Michelle~More love and support heading your way. I’m sorry that it is oing to cost so much to finish this nasty business, but in the long run it will be better. Stay strong and take care of YOU!

Annie~Jalepeno for breakfast! OMG..I would be crying! Good that either way work goes you will have good management, I hope they figure out who should get your budget.I hope Sissy can keep the babysitting gig.

Ok, DD3 just climbed back into my lap, so I need to get this posted. Have a great Wednesday (Thursday to Shad)
Luv and Hugs!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #207  
Annie - Indiana

When you all get a moment...I know, yeah right....here is the wedding site for my son and his love. You can read about their meeting, love, and see pics of the wedding party. It is a very cool thing....

www.mywedding.com/taterloveskristin

Have fun!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Passing through. All things are well on my end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #209  

Morning all. Another chilly morning.

Annie - Happy Hump Day to you too! Cottage cheese sounds tasty right now. Hold the jalapenos - for some reason I just don't want anything spicy in the morning.

Ellen -- Hope you're feeling better now. I've been putting off the grocery shopping, but really need to get out and do it.

Mel - The government wants us to be totally destitute before they'll help us out, haven't you figured that out yet??!! Love today's photo!!

Mary - Hey, if it's on FB it's fair game, LOL. Glad you popped in - lurking is totally fine too (that's about the only thing I do on FB anyway). Sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon, may it never end!!

Hellos to Ceejay, Patty, Happy, Shad & Michelle!!

===
Bf was not yet home from a work thing when I got home, so I took doggy for a long walk. After that didn't do much of anything except open some mail.

The boss & mgr are back in the office today. Ho hum, that's about it for me. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 09-19-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies....I'm K3 from Golden Girls. I peek in here sometimes, Just watched something so special online that I had to tell you all esp Shad. Google Chooka Parker. bye k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote