Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #196  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #197  
wsw

huzzah , empress! love the newest icon.

on antibiotic, so starting to feel a little better, but still have fever, and dragging a lot. i am ready for this to be over with already. anyhoo, staying op, and exercising some, but that has to be done rather gingerly for time being. well, thinking of all our queenlies, near and far. take care, all.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #198  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, wsw! I think the little pilgrim avatar is cute, too! Woot!

Sorry you are on antibiotic but glad you are feeling some better. No fun to still have a fever, though. Hope it all passes well. Congrats on staying op and exercising some, but glad you are being careful, too.

Feel better soon.

Sending good vibes to royals, whether near or far.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #199  
Empress/Queen

Well, it seems there is again NOT a lot to say. T'is a Yay Day!

As it happpened, Am2 & the Am2ites, bein' pilgrims residin' in the Thanksgiving Diet Challenge Village, each with an individual goal to weigh 130 on or by November 25 (which, again, we know is not Thanksgiving but work with us), DID troop on over to Diet Town Square at the appointed OFFICIAL SUNDAY BEFORE BRUNCH WEIGH-IN this mornin'.

There resideth the GOLDEN SCALE O' DIETARY JUSTICE in all its gleamin' glory.

Everyone hopped individually (of course) on the scale 'n EACH ONE LOST A POUND THIS WEEK! Yay!

Strange how that works, Am2 and each individual Am2ite ALWAYS weigh in at exactly the same weight. Hmmm. AS IF they were only one person instead o' a menage o' diet fantasy characters roilin' 'round. Strange. Odd.

BUT we digress. There is nothin' more to say! Everyone linked hands and marched off to the dining hall where a delicious brunch o' whole grain English muffins, real butter, eggs & protein shakes was served.

Everyone broke out into the Yay Song and the serenade could be heard all over Diet Shire: "YAY YAY WHAT A DAY, EVERYBODY HAD A NICE WEIGH, YAY YAY WHAT A DAY ..."

'Bout. Covers. It.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #200  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Hello, hello! It's Day 4.

Happy November to all you best and most beautiful queenlies! Sorry for my long absence from the palace. Have been wandering in the dark, a bit. I've been worried about my son since his move. He's still struggling. That shouldn't derail me, but often times it has.

Then, the first of October I had marshaled my determination and signed up for a 30-day challenge at hot yoga, to go every day for 30 days. I must admit I was feeling a little apprehensive -- fearing change, maybe, fearing giving up the status quo, despite not being happy with the status quo. Anyway, I went to yoga the first day and all was well. The next day, I was rushing to take sheets down and throw them in the wash so I'd be ready to walk DH to work and I missed the bottom cellar step. Thought I was stepping onto the basement floor, stepped half-on the bottom step instead and sprained my ankle. Over a month now and I'm just getting back to the point where I can do yoga and walk.

We talk about "muscle memory" but I must say, my "fat memory" is stronger. I thought I was not doing too badly food-wise but it's like I just blew right up. I'm on my fourth day of my own personal challenge today, though: yoga and 10000 steps every day, eating only at the table when I'm alone. Eating only when I'm hungry.

I think I wasn't ready to do it a month ago but I seem to be now. As much as I struggle with eating only at the table, it doesn't seem so difficult. Huzzah!

Am, I so love that "I am always okay" and am adopting, myself, forthwith. Also applying to my son: "He is always okay, just as I am always okay." That feels so much better! Congratulations on your stalwart march to glory.

WSW, I hear you on that "rarely lose your appetite" thing. Just about never happens to me. I hope that pesky cold is GONE! We've had some glorious fall weather here, too, but today is decidedly November: damp and grey.

Kaylets, that was quite a revelation about doing as well as could be expected. It's funny how we have this idea in our heads of how we SHOULD react to things. In reality, we're only human.

OK. Time for me to get out the door. Those 10000 steps aren't going to walk themselves.

Let's make it a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #201  
wsw

woot, woot am2! congrats on your weight loss for this week!! i have to "borrow" arabella's quote "on your stalwart march to glory" and say kudos on how well you are doing on this, empress.

arabella-nice to see you. sorry you had to deal with sprained ankle, but glad you are on mend and able to get back to walking and yoga. just falling is always so startling, on top of the actual physical injury.

and hello to kaylets, anagram, and any and all queenlies in or around the palace. gorgeous day today, before more storms are due, so i am enjoying every sunny moment of it. still dragging a lot, and seem to need a lot of extra rest, but definitely feeling better than even a couple of days ago. increasing exercise a bit more each day again, as energy permits, but think soon i will be back to full throttle in that area. first time out today in a few days, so will take it slow and easy---well, slower and easirer than normal, anyway. take care, dear queenlies.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #202  

Smile Day 6 dawns

They'd been calling for it to warm up a bit today and rain but right now I see light creeping up on the horizon and a big star hanging above it, so maybe it will be

Five days completed now. Maybe I needed the month of being incapacitated to prepare mentally/psychologically. I've never found it so easy to make the switch to only eating at the table. One thing I've done is to associate the image of self eating alone in front of the TV with self puffing up at the same time. I'm feeling a little depuffed already, pants feel looser.

WSW, you're right about the impact of falling. The first week after I fell, I felt a bit like I was still in shock. I hope your energy is returning -- it makes life so hard when energy is lacking.

Time to go wake DGS, who's here for a sleepover. Or, as he used to say, "a shleepover."

Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 11-07-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #203  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah & woot to Arabella, so happy to see ye back in the palace and sorry to read o' thy mishap & ankle injury as well as other worries.

I am also doing a 10,000 day step program with my new Fitbit Zip, as well as lifting a few times a week. Right now finding the 10,000 steps per day challenging and really did not realize that though I lift and/or and walk or jog daily I was really not getting enough steps into my day.

There have been a few days when I don't hit the target but I am working this week to reach the weekly goal of 70,000 steps.

Congratulations on five days and pants getting looser.

Thank you for the congrats!

Happy as always also to see the stalwart Wsw this morning as well, and also thanks for the congrats.

Glad you are experiencing good weather and are getting back to full throttle by increasing exercise daily.

Woot to all queenlies near and far!

I did some volunteer work yesterday that mayor may not be a regular thing, still looking for a permanent job, finding self very tired yesterday afternoon and took long nap and ate a bit more in the calorie department and was NOT goign to finish the steps but what I love about having the Fitbit is that I woke up later in the evening, started watching election coverage and found myself motivated to finish the steps, just packing 'round and 'round the hallways of my house and around the yard and in front of house on the street.

Really think it is helping me overall.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #204  
Empress/Queen

Lightbulb Gratitude Post

I am grateful today to all men & women, past & present, who have served in my country's military. Freedom is not free.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #205  
Empress/Queen

Everything more or less going my WEIGH! Refound the pound lost last week but met new walking goal for week by 137 percent, lost inch off waist, and have stronger, pain free knees, so who cares 'bout that pound lol? It is obviously muscle.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #206  
wsw

arabella- congrats on all your completed days on your plan! hope you had fun during recent dgs's sleepover.

am2-yea for adding 10, 000 steps to your already very empressive exercise regimen. huzzah on that additional inch off also! liked your recent gratitude post too---well said.

the fall leaves really have been gorgeous this season. love looking at them. still have tail end of cold and ear infection, but finally feeling like it is going to end. going over to friends' home for dinner, which will be nice. hadn't seen them in quite a while, so will be fun to catch up. have been sticking with food and exercise plan well. planning on more cals than usual (for this evening)since hosts are excellent cooks so though i won't go wild, will not be a martyr either. lol! well, greetings to all our dear royals both near and far. take care.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #207  
Empress/Queen

Woot!

Wsw, thanks for the congrats on the increased walking vis a vis the step counting program.

It has made a lot of difference this week because despite a high calorie week, I lost .8 and also 2.5 overall inches with .5 of that being in the all-imporatant waist measurement. So am happy.

Hope you ear infection and cold are all better today and that you enjoyed your dinner with friends last week.

I've added yet another month to my goal dates ... February 3, 2013, on or by which I will reach 125. All the monthly goal dates are the same but I'm not making the exact numbers I need, which is fine. I can wait!

Love to all royals near or far.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 11-18-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #208  
Empress/Queen

Just Me. The storyteller is not here. The dieter is here and WAY back on track (yay). The person walking 10,000+ steps a day and losing inches like crazy is here. The nonvirtual person putzin' 'round her nonvirtual town doing laundry, shopping, job hunting, playing with the dog, planning dinner, is here.

Have been rereading Marianne Williamson's "A Course in Weight Loss." Have wanted to discuss this book with somebody for a while now but nobody wants to discuss it with me lol.

Another story.

Was wanting to post this neat quote from Marianne Williamson so decided to post on this royal thread. I don't have any discussion about it to offer. It is what it is.

It is apropros of something I read on a diet web site, maybe this one, I don't remember, about someone saying they don't love themselves. People on the thread told the person they should love themselves. I think I answered that I can't imagine not loving myself and that is true, but if someone doesn't, then they don't. Why tell other people who to love?

I have no point about this. If related to weight loss, I have to say that I have been heavier than I am now and thinner. Both ways, I guess I loved myself. There is no way I have not loved myself and THAT IS WHY I AM DOING 10,000 STEPS A DAY AND THAT IS WHY I AM PUTZIN' 'ROUND TRYING TO WEIGH WHAT I WANT TO WEIGH.

The fact is I don't think I could do it at all if I didn't have my own love of ME to keep me going.

Well, here is the quote and I could go on for hours about self-love and how a perceived sense of not loving self is oft times, in my opinion, a mask for a habit of internalizing the negativity of others.

That, too, is another story.

"You are here to love and be loved, and the soul in its native intelligence knows this. Accept the magnitude of your function, and your reignited spiritual intelligence will spark your body’s intelligence as well. As your mind remembers its natural function, the cells of your body will remember theirs. You will no longer be at the effect of your compulsion. You will become a master at living your life." ~ Marianne Williamson, From "A Course in Weight Loss"
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #209  

Hello, Lovelies!
I'm happy to report that it's been several weeks since I ate anywhere but at the table when by myself. Also, have gotten my 10,000 steps all but two days in the same time and have done yoga most days as well. I got to hot yoga four times last week and I must say, I feel SO much better when I go, psychologically even more than physically.

I'm in Halifax this week so won't be able to get to the studio but will go through the series in the condo. It's a bright and beautiful week Fall temps but not as cold as might be. I'll head out for a walk along the harbour and then to do a little shopping before too long.

Am, I LOVE the quote and am inspired to seek out the book and read it. Then we can discuss. I think it's very true that we've got internal beliefs that are: A. the reason we got fat and B. the reason we have trouble losing and tend to regain.

I've been on a bit of a spiritual journey and can feel myself letting some of those things go. At one point, the last time I was actually allowing myself to sit on the couch while I ate, I had a sense of a very angry woman inside me, eating ferociously.

Another time, I had the sense of a wistful woman just slipping (wistfully) away. Essential, I think, for accepting what is, not wishing anything other than the reality in any given moment. Much to think about.

At the same time, though, some of this IS physiological. If I eat wheat or sugar, I'm physically more hungry and have cravings. Well, I guess I can see the lesson there.

Dear WSW, so glad you're starting to feel better! I can hear that you've got your stalwart course set and are sailing forth again.

Our fall has been good here too, although we've got heavy frosts at night now. It was a beautiful drive over here yesterday morning, with the frost on the meadows and trees, the sun rising.

Hope you had fun with your friends!

Love to all, mentioned or un- ... If you're lurking, pop on to say

Let's make this a good one!

Old 11-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #210  
Empress/Queen

Hello, royals! This is just another flyby and sorry but in the interest o' full disclosure, some parts of this postie are a cross post as I am pooped and should be going to bed lol.

To be honest (again lol) I've been kind of in a long slump and also have been spending too much time sort of beating head against a lot of brick walls lol, which is unproductive and not helpful.

Today a strange thing happened. A store clerk who has seen me in the grocery for the past 18 years or so suddenly looked at me and said that I was beautiful. Lol, I don't know why she said that, guess she was having some private trouble that made her feel she should tell people what she was thinking.

She said that she had watched me transform myself for years and that I was beautiful. So I said she was beautiful, too, and that I was glad we were both still here.

That got me to thinking, not for the first time, that I needed to transform mentally as well, as in spiritually, intellectually and that as in physical transformation, that doesn't mean I don't like who I essentially am (because I do), but that I have to function better and better all the time to reach my full potential in life as to be honest, ladies, I am not gettin' any younger here lol.

So used today to pull the plug out of one of the more time wasting social media sites I blog on. It is a site I love and return to again and again (I blog and post a lot of places on the internet, as I assume we all do), but where I've had one too many negative experiences with one too many negative people who DON'T wish me well lol. I've had good experiences with non negative people on that site as well, not meaning that I have not, but in choosing where I spend my time, I consider eliminating negativity to be an important factor.

It is a small step, doesn't mean I am giving up social media, just that I have to be more careful to use my time productively (I still intend to revive my career in 2013) AND in a positive manner. (Never intend leaving this thread or 3FC lol).

Another thing I did in the spirit of the diet journey (which is a huge part of my shaping up mentally as well as physically) is to throw away TWO BOXES of dark chocolate bars I recently bought thinking that I could eat one half of one bar a day and be fine with that.

Uh, no. I've gone over calories each day since I've had those.

Anyhow, still doing the 10,000 steps program, going hiking tomorrow. Happy holiday to all who are in the U.S. and Happy Thursday to all others.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 11-22-2012 at 02:42 AM.