Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone, Thinking of the missing like Isabella
Second day on plan this week. Just under 1300 cals today

Jo, it took me a while when I first started my journey to not weigh myself daily, but then, it was a pleasure, at least the weekly weigh ins, as I was losing 2lbs plus a week without fail---of course until after the first 12lbs, and the slow down, about the time I joined 3FC. Now it's too upsetting, so I look for NSVs instead.

K9O
Quote:
]I think she seriously thought she was talking to a NEWBIE! It's NOT St. Patrick's Day, and I WAS NOT wearing GREEN!
Ha ha!
Funny, I had a sprited 'phone chat with the Blue Cross nurse nutritionist the afternoon (required to talk to her twice as per our policy renewal). She said she was glad I know my body so well, as some people don't. I talk to her again on 3/7.

This thought just ocurred to me, if you start a new thread middle month, it will be on Valentines Day :heart

Take care everyone
Old 02-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #47  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

On our way.....woo-hoo!
Our car had a mishap 5 minutes before we were to take off......$661 later, and 2 hours behind schedule, we are happily driving on.

My calories are super low...I mostly ate veggies and fruits.

Official weight was 150. 3 poundsess from week ago.

I will.do personals once we arrive tomorrow...
Old 02-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #48  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Thursday could have not been any more PERFECT! Completely OP & my thyroid is working up to par-I had it checked after the lip episode and a few other symptoms I am having.

Anywho....

Thursday's KILLER Day
Grapes: 76
Turkey Bacon (2), Raisin Bread (1), FF Cheese Omelet, Coffee:
Fage' Greek Yogurt, 1/2 Cauliflower Crusted Pizza: 400
Honeydew Melon, Granola: 105
PB Nana Oats, Trail Mix: 355
Total: 1237

Exercise: I KILLED it at the gym tonight for over 1 hr and 40 minutes, plus I walked my K9s earlier in the day for 30 minutes: 685 {HRM}
Water: 88 oz

If ALL of my 1200 cal days could be this wonderful, I'd be one skinny chic!!!

I had to step on the a day early, just to see where I was this week. I work tomorrow night and Saturday, so I thought the weigh-in might be skewed a little bit. I felt as though I had lost weigh in my belly, despite TOM making an entrance yesterday.
I was down 2.6 lbs from last Friday's weigh in!!!

OK, I'm not getting just super excited yet. I need another day's reading at 143 before I believe it!!

KRISTIINA: I really hope you and your family enjoy JH, WY. My sis and her family went there a couple yrs ago and LOVED it! They stayed in a cabin and there was snow everywhere!!

LOS: I'm thinking of something catchy for VDAY for this thread. Hmmmmm.... we'll see!!

JO: I've flip-flopped my Sat/Sun Spike Days & it made absolutely no difference with my weight loss. I really think last week's weigh in was just a blip, b/c I've NEVER lost 2.6 lbs in a week! We'll see what I am tomorrow afternoon. Jason spikes for 3 days, & his losses are incredible! Of course, he does IF during the week, something I have YET to master!! Only if I'm sleeping!!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #49  

Morning! Some time for catching up:

Sum, have a glorious time on your vacation!!! And congrats on the 150 again. Maybe if you are really good, you will be in the 140s when you get back because you will be mixing it up with the food and activities

K9, oh happy day! That is a wonderful week, I truly hope is sticks for you and I bet it will, you are just killing it with the nutrition and workouts. I will miss you when you work this weekend!!! I always worry about my thyroid too (and BS), but every year, it all checks out fine. All the other women in my family have thyroid issues since they were young 30s and mine keeps chugging along somehow. I did find out that my vit D was low, so I am now upping my supplements for that. I looked up symptoms of low D and I was shaking my head, yup I have that and that and that. . . I am also still struggling with my cholesterol but that is a whole other story. Hoping the rest of this journey may help more with that. Hows your lip today?

Larry, hows it going this week?

Forloveofself, I didn't make it very long staying off the scale I love NSVs, but I am addicted to that darn number and more days than not it frustrates me so I don't know why I do it. Sigh.

Wheres Princess???

hi Alaskan! Congrats again on your low!!!

Last edited by jomatho; 02-10-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #50  

Yesterdays recap:

Walked 65 minutes with friend and then did my running intervals on the treadmill. I was supposed to do steady state cardio after the intervals but I was pooped and knew I had a busy running around day so I quit there. Good enough.

Today, my friend cannot walk, so I may just do my weight workout and then count housecleaning as my cardio. I have a lot of cleaning to do, at least a couple hours so it should suffice. I am tired this week and trying to listen to my body.

Not having a good weightloss week. Not only have I not lost anything yet this week, but I am UP 1.4 pounds again today. I have been doing everything right as far as calories and workouts, so I am trying to not let it bother me. I am ovulating this week too and I know that is probably the culprit. I keep searching the threads for other women that gain during ovulation to make me feel better. So in my head I know it will be a wash this week, but in my heart I want to lose a little something for my efforts the last two weeks. Oh well, I will push on. Not going to let the scale ruin me. I do wonder if I am eating enough even with spiking so I will be going back and looking at what I am burning daily, what I am eating during the week and on spike day to see what my deficit is per week. Not sure if I will be ready to spike yet tomorrow, so I may keep it at Sunday for this week. Ok, enough of my complaining, time to get moving. . .
Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #51  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

hi everyone i worked out for 4 days this week and took today off because i had a morning brunch/meeting...i am SORE from the harder workout too lol...weight up a bit to 198, probably from the workouts...also been wanting salt and carbs, weird, been keeping it under control but still...had more sugar than i need today
Old 02-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #52  

Hello Everyone,
Great cycle day today 1750 cals and keeping my fingers crossed and my lips pursed so that no more than 1400 cals pass them tomorrow. Prayers help too I felt that some of the water weight left me now that my IBS is better controlled, but I weighed in at 179 this a.m. At least no gain.

Sum, Have a great trip. The last time I was at a ski lodge was in the Sandia Mts of New Mexico in 2007. I've never gotten the hang of skiing, (started learing at 22 and fell on my bum far too many times--- not good for my dignity . But watching others from the saftey and warmth of a lodge works for me. I especialy like to watch the snow boarders. I did like snowshoeing for a little while, having control on terra firma (or is it snow firma ) is best for me. When I was in Silverton in Colordo in 2011 I was very near Shawn Whites' Training grounds. That would have been so cool to watch pro snoboarders train, if it were open to the public. You can only get there by helicoptor or snowmobile.

Jo, Great long walk! The past three days were great with the mild weather, puppy and I did 2 miles for three days, but now the snow is back, so doing my walking inside again. Can hardly wait 'til early March to fly away from the cold.
(added bonus of Florida is all that humidity will help cleanse the pores and get rid of water weight!

Krystal, I'm sure you will come up with a clever title for the new thread
Good workout, great cals, and super on the scale numbers! There is hope for us all who have not see the numbers move in ages.

alaskan, Even when we know it's water weight, it is a bit discouraging, but I know you will have 195 back soon.

Hi Larry, princess, Isabella, Georgia, and all the missing here.
Have a great weekend!

Last edited by forloveofself; 02-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #53  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Good morning from glorious winter Park. As I admire the beautiful mountain view, right outside of the condo we have a moose couple enjoying their breakfast...

I am determined to stay OP all week, except for the spike day. I brought all food from house, and since I don't ski, I will only eat out once this week

I will get some GOOD hiking in, I found nice trails.

I don't have a scale, feel naked
Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #54  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am going to try something new.

I have been stuck at 150-153 pounds over a month now, even though I have walked 120 miles per month and eaten OP for 85% of the time, and even the non OP days; most were not over my regular calorie need goal.

I have been quite low on carbs and heavy on protein. -- So I am changing things a bit.

I will follow, essentially, raw food diet 3 days per week (Tu, Th and Sun). I will have some yogurt and peanut butter, and perhaps string cheese addition to fruits and veggies. I will aim for 200 carbs, but none of those will come from starch. -- I will aim for higher monounsaturated fat on those days; I will have 1 avocado and use olive oil as salad dressing.

The other three days ; Mo, Wed and Fri, I will follow lower carb (70-95), higher protein (80-120) and 1400-1500 calorie diet.

The last remaining day will be my fat day, spike day.

I need to trick my system again.

I am off to a nice hike; 1300 foot climb throughy snowy mountains Should do wonders for my butt!

BBL for personals.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I am so bored with eating. So bored with my eating plan. I'm just...SO...BORED. And it's TOM. And I want some pizza. And I am just really bored right now. I've also erased most of the lost from my BEST WEEK EVER and am back up to 189. Just, so bored. Has anyone else experienced an overwhelming feeling of boredom and what did you do to overcome it. I'm so bored, I don't even feel like eating. I'm just really bored right now. So freaking BORED!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #56  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgina00 View Post
I am so bored with eating. So bored with my eating plan. I'm just...SO...BORED. And it's TOM. And I want some pizza. And I am just really bored right now. I've also erased most of the lost from my BEST WEEK EVER and am back up to 189. Just, so bored. Has anyone else experienced an overwhelming feeling of boredom and what did you do to overcome it. I'm so bored, I don't even feel like eating. I'm just really bored right now. So freaking BORED!
Since Dec 30, when I started seriously "spiking", I am NEVER bored with eating!!!
When I joined the gym last week, I kicked my workouts up by 80% and now workout about 1hr40min compared to 1 hr. I have yet to get bored..

When many people were telling me I needed a "Diet Break"..1st, I reminded them I am NEVER on a diet. Then, I signed up to run a 1/2 Mary-Let the training BEGIN.

It's all in perspective, Gina. Life is all about perspective.

Is the glass 1/2 full all the time or is it sometimes 1/2 empty?

to get you back on track and out of this funk!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #57  

Princessg, The feelings of being tired of trying come and go with most if not all of us, I think, but look at how far you have come? This is a lifechange for you, you are going to have feelings of euphoria and lows, sometimes both in the same day, several times a day!
I'm a glass half full kind of girl, so I try to feel the upset in the moment, then I move on. It will get better, and you are already in a better place.

This place is a great outlet for feelings! (Rhetorical, I know all of you here already know that)

Sum, Isn't it just wonderful seeing wildlife? Good luck with your new tactics.
Hello Krystal, Jo, Larry, alaskan, and all the missing
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #58  
~Krystal~

GM all
Gosh, when I work a couple days back to back, I really miss being here. I feel like I miss "my life". Ok, that's a little sad, b/c this site is not my "life", but I do miss being in each of your lives.

Ok, so I had a fabulous weekend. I worked it, but I had great patients. It was uneventful, so I can't complain.

Now that I have gotten into a routine of staying OP at work, it is so much easier for me. I never thought it would be so easy to stay OP while at work, but the old saying "it's easier to stay OP than getting back OP" is so TRUE!

I am also really loving going to the gym and getting some free weight training in. I ordered the books: "New Rules of Lifting for Women & New Rules of Lifting for ABS". I am SUPER pumped to do the ab routine. I saw a preview of it on youtube. It's supposed to save your back! We shall see. You guys know I need all the back-saving advantages I can find!!

Another great thing that has happened to me is that somehow little ole me has inspired so many of my colleagues to join MFP! I just told them about it and they were able to see my progress on there and were excited to start. I feed off of stuff like this. The sad thing is that when their initial fire runs out, I will get an adrenaline high off of it and pursue my goals even more. I don't know what makes me this way. It is very disturbing!

Does anyone have any Valentine's plans??
DH wanted to go to dinner next Sunday on my Spike Day, but we'll see. He always wants to go out to eat, despite me being a pretty good cook. I don't get it. I think he is just obsessed with someone waiting on him!!

Try to stay OP everyone and HAPPi MONDAy!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #59  

Good Monday morning everyone
Sorry I was MIA this weekend, we went out of town and I didn't log or check in. I spiked Saturday and just did the best I could in my head yesterday. Back on track today, although I really don't feel like working out today. My friend is still out of town and it is freezing out, so I didn't walk. I think that is the push to get me motivated every day and I didn't have that today, so now I feel unmotivated.
It is weight lifting day (NROLW), so I will for sure do that, but not sure I will do anything else. I took the weekend off from exercise due to being gone and also felt I needed to listen to the sore muscles and joints, but now today I don't feel like getting back into it. I'll get there eventually. Need a fire under my butt or something. I avoided the scale like the plague this morning due to the weekend being weird.
We were talking about our spring break plans this weekend I thought I would be so much farther along than this, but I just keep thinking about where I was last year, so I am trying to keep that in perspective. It's all good.
I am starving right now, I hope that is not a sign of how the day is going to be. Uh oh. . .
Old 02-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #60  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hi....
Beautiful morning here in CO.
I must say, Winter Park is not my favorite resort.
We started going out west when my DS was 8 years old. We have gone to Steamboat 2 times, jackson hole 1 time and whistler 3 times. Whistler is definitely the best out of all places we have skied.

I love driving to vacations! Krystal, I am petrified eating out....luckily my DH traveled 16 years and ate out each meal, so he is so happy to have home cooked meals. I packed EVERYTHING for this trip, I don't think I need to eat out at all.

Jo, need to get your mojo back! But I have learned if I push too hard, I get super tired. Take a rest for a few days.

Krystal, I meant to tell u long time ago, that mm commercial is a hoot.....your friends must think that your online friends are nuts......hehe! I am so proud and envious of your progress! You motivate me beyond belief!

Gina, I have hit many of those slumps I know it is easy to say not to give up, just remember we are here for you and understand you 100%! Just stick with us. I was in a slump until I started getting inspired by Krystal. She is same height as I am and not too far off from my weight..... I can relate to her more than I can relate to my real life friends...none of my real life friends are as motivated as she is, with same stats as I have. (hug)

Hi Love and Larry! Actually where is Larry? I hope he did not fall off the wagon again and is hiding!!

Okay....off to my torture vacation...lol....I am hiking my butt off...literally...lol dH looked at me yesterday and said my belly is getting smaller! Yay! My snow pants needed a belt yesterday.

I may have missed some, sorry I am using iPad and phone, so it is not as comfortable as my laptop.
Closed Thread