Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #16  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

((IsabellaOlivia)) I bet you are looking HOT though -- Take a little mental break, sometimes that feels good and is what dr. ordered.

ThinkinThin5 I am totally hooked on myfitnesspal.com journaling, I also downloaded their app to my droid. So if you move on to electronic era, try them out -- I like it because I input recipes in and I get exact calorie amounts.

Krystal Back on track

Larry
I HATE sodium! It just sneaks in...I somehow can never keep it under 2000

---- As for me. I HAD to step on scale because I am on my swoosh mode; 152.5! I can't believe it; 2.5 pounds in 6 days. I know it is post TOM, and I was expecting some losses, but 2.5 POUNDS! I am excited!! -- I am soooo close to 140's; I can almost smell it!

Plan for today

Meals 1400 cal. Seems to work well for me. I am not hungry.

No walk, I have already walked 23 miles this week, and I am taking a day off. Puppy seems exhausted as well. Hubby will be home F,S&S and we will be doing our 7 mile walks each day. I need to rest up

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day; I hope my 152.5 sticks!

Everyone have a FAB day!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #17  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Kristiina: Uhm, Ma'am! Add me on MFP (chosengiver)
You are motivating me BEYOND belief. Thank you so much for getting back on board!!
I was doing my workout yesterday and thinking of you--I know WEIRDO!
Hey, for real, I am super excited about your 2.5 lbs!!
Keep this up & you'll be sailing right past me in your EIGHTS!

Larry: You continue to scare me with your sodium intakes! for the 4 lb loss. You just have 11 to go. Ok, that sounds mean.

Alaskan: If you were 201.4 AFTER working out, you were probably less than that before!

Isabella: Did you take a break over the holidays? If not, perhaps you should. If you did, you may have become comfortable with lazy eating. Were those 2300 cals mostly high-processed carbs? Review your foods and see what you are eating that is causing binge-like activity. Whatever you do, I would encourage you to continue posting on the 3FC site. You will have a tendency to backslide completely. You've worked hard for 128. Surely you don't want to revisit 155 or more!

LoveofSelf: I was just thinking of your friend MG yesterday during the day, while I was cooking. You are a gem to be there for your friend.

Thinkinthin: Do you like curves? We have one close to my house. I would like to get a membership somewhere for a few months--while it's cold (nothing long term or going into the spring). About how much is it to go there? My Zumba instructor keeps emailing me (and everyone) asking where some of us are. I used to go 3-4x/week, but tbh when she changed her routine and my heart rate dropped in her classes, I couldn't see the benefit of going. When I first started going to her class, my HR was between 160-175, but when she changed the routine, it went to like 145-150. I didn't feel like I was getting my hours worth. I could run for an hour and burn more.

AFM: Well, I just got up and had breakfast--no boxed cereal today
I am suffering with a skin infection in my nose of all places! AGONY!
On a different note, I am finding it extremely comical that some of my FB friends are shouting out their weight loss goals, healthier lifestyles, exercise routines, etc all on their feeds.
"I got up early this morning and went to the gym and ran on the treadmill at "x" speed for "x" minutes."
"I'm having a salad for lunch."
When just 2 months ago, the same people were shouting out how excited they were that the McRib was back at MccyDs. Seriously!! I don't comment, of course. But I do find it entertaining to read. Next month, these same people will be talking about the newest Girl Scout cookie & eating the whole box with a glass of skim milk!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
When just 2 months ago, the same people were shouting out how excited they were that the McRib was back at MccyDs. Seriously!! I don't comment, of course. But I do find it entertaining to read. Next month, these same people will be talking about the newest Girl Scout cookie & eating the whole box with a glass of skim milk![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Hey, the McRib is SERIOUS business. SERIOUSLY!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #19  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgina00 View Post
Hey, the McRib is SERIOUS business. SERIOUSLY!!!

I have NEVER put one of these in my mouth. But, coming from MccyD's it CAN'T be good!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Hello Everyone,
Krystal, sorry you have a fever, hope you wil soon feel better.
I know how that is to wake feeling like you can't get moving and can barely reach for the thermometer. Usually after I do get up, and start moving about, I start to feel better.

Hello ThinkThin, Sum38, princessG, Alaskan The best to you.

I tried on that red dress I wanted to fit in at Christmas, and this time it fit, Yeah! Will have to wear it next special occasion. Will pack it for my spring trip south.

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm strawberry shaped so my top is always one size bigger than bottom. so 14 top and 12 bottom will hopefully soon be 12 top and 10 bottom and so on. Love wearing skirts and leggings too.

Another OP day yesterday, feels good to be back on track. Hope it continues.

Have a great evening everyone.

Last edited by forloveofself; 01-13-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: strawberry
Old 01-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #21  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive never had a McRib either...i read somewhere about the stuff they put in the McRib in particular and havent ever wanted one LOL! ...i refuse to eat food that i don't like or dont want to eat...my problem has always been that i like an awful LOT of different kinds of food lol...but i'd rather go hungry than eat something i dont like....like when we were in the village, DH was getting these nasty burgers(?) egg sandwiches(?) from the local store and i just KNEW it had been sitting in those warming holders for HOURS upon HOURS and i always declined anyone's offer to buy me one...but then i was hungry for the rest of the afternoon until dinner because we weren't ever back at the store lol

where i live, there are only two fast food places - McDs and Subway - one location of McD and three Subways all owned by the same guy...my thought is that, if i'm gonna eat crap, i may as well buy it cheaper at Walmart LOL!

krystal was it you i was telling about my ear problems?? is it possible to get another ear infection WHILE still being on antibiotics for the last one?? because now i've got that fluid back in my inner ear, hard to hear again...i'm half tempted to just let the darn thing run its course because i'm not in PAIN, i just can't hear well (yet again)....many years ago i got several back to back strep throat infections and, when more powerful antibiotics didnt help, i just let the thing run its course and then it never came back...however i'm a little worried that i could rupture my eardrum or damage my hearing for good by letting this one run its course

it comes with a strange loss of appetite though...yesterday i ate 835 calories and burned 280 of those on the treadmill...however today I WEIGHED IN AT 199.4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!! this is the lowest weight i've ever EVER seen...last time about 8 years ago i hit 199.8 (yes i remember the ounces lol) and then lost my motivation back then
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #22  
~Krystal~

Alaskan: Be careful with your ear. Yes, it is possible to get a different type of infection despite being on an abx. Have you seen the MD? I would suggest an appt. if you haven't seen one with this new one. Just for the simple fact that you've had several back to back. Do you know what is causing them?
I would take the holistic approach and keep my ears completely covered when you go outdoors--yes, MUFFS! I wouldn't take them off until my head had time to adjust to the indoor temp, no matter how ridiculous I looked.
Also, be careful running with an ear infection. Remember what I said about the pressure in your head.
for 199!!
Hey, your in ONEDERLAND!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #23  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

its another inner ear problem, from what it feels like...if it hasnt gotten better by saturday i will probably go in again....i'd like to NOT be on another round of antibiotics simply because ive had 3 different ones since halloween...i have no idea what's causing it, i havent been sick in awhile and i havent been exposed to anything out of the ordinary...ive also never had ear infections before, since i was very little, with the first one last fall and nothing until now...very odd...
Old 01-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Quote:
Larry: You continue to scare me with your sodium intakes! for the 4 lb loss. You just have 11 to go. Ok, that sounds mean.
Krystal

Enough sodium today to scare you again!! 4169 mg down from last post but way high yet

Calories today were 1326.

The good news is I lost another pound down to 220 ten to go to get to my pre-holiday weight.

I have never had a McRib either. I am not a fan of McDs food other than I used to like the Egg McMuffin I liked the taste but it certainly was not healthy eating.

If we're not ment to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?

Larry
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #25  
~Krystal~

Well, another perfectly OP day for me today. I dropped my cals back down to 1330, my BMR on MFP, after they have been sitting at 1450 for months now. I'll tell you, it's NOT a great deal of food, but I'm managing quite well with the exercising. I can still eat about 1400-1500.

FF Cheese Omelet, Cottage Cheese w/peaches, coffee: 314
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll (2 servings), Parmesan, PB2 Greek Yogurt: 434
TFM Heart Healthy Mix & 5 Almonds, Diet Coke: 200
Snow Crab Roll, Tangerine, SO Delicious Chocolate: 439
Total: 1387

BodyRock: 210
Water: 88oz

Tomorrow is my 4 miler. I'm really looking forward to it
A funny thing happened tonight. I was riding with my nursing school niece to the market. I suggested sushi for dinner. I bought 2 different rolls & when we got to the truck to eat, she replied, "Oh wait a minute! This has rice in it. Can you eat rice on your diet?"
HUH? DIET? Uhm, ma'am....I am NOT on a diet!
There are foods that I love that I usually eat.
There are foods that I love that I seldom eat.
There are foods that I love that I rarely eat.
I explained to her that the foods that she mostly eats now--fast food, take out, pizza, high-processed carbs, etc--was foods that I used to usually ate, and I weighed 172. I was miserable. So, I switched some things around. I found some new foods to love & they became the foods I usually eat now.
She still said, "Diet food".
Whatever!
She proceeded to tell me that she recently had her BP checked and it was 132/86. She is 21. I thought, "Oh WoW! I had mine checked about 2 weeks ago. It was 108/64, without meds." Actually, this is my norm.
She added, "Yeah, but I never exercise."
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

I've had the McRib once (last year, I think) and it was okay. Nothing special. But some people take its arrival VERY seriously.

Quote:
She proceeded to tell me that she recently had her BP checked and it was 132/86. She is 21. I thought, "Oh WoW! I had mine checked about 2 weeks ago. It was 108/64, without meds." Actually, this is my norm.
She added, "Yeah, but I never exercise."
How does BP work exactly? I ask because my BP has remained 120/80 no matter what weight or exercise pattern I was in. Whether I was 312 or 212, sedentary or moderately active, my BP has remained around 120/80 (it's dipped as "low" as 120/72 and gone as "high" as 122/80. So, I just don't get it.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #27  
~Krystal~

Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against blood vessel walls. The heart pumps blood into the arteries (blood vessels), which carry the blood throughout the body. High blood pressure is dangerous because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood to the body and it contributes to hardening of the arteries or atherosclerosis and the development of heart failure.

Some causes include:
Smoking
Being overweight or obese
Lack of physical activity
Too much salt in the diet
Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
Stress
Older age
Genetics
Family history of high blood pressure
Chronic kidney disease
Adrenal and thyroid disorders

In my niece's scenario, my best educated guess would be:
Family history
Lack of physical activity
Too much salt in the diet
Stress
Genetics

Info obtained from WebMD.com

Last edited by K9Owner; 01-05-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #28  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

152!!!

I lost 3 pounds last week !!!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #29  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
152!!!

I lost 3 pounds last week !!!
This is just MARVELOUS!
I think you turned our slow dance into the Cupid Shuffle!
Good thing I know the moves to this song!!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #30  
~Krystal~

Well, at the beginning of the week, I was up 3 whole #s.
However, now at the end of the end of the week, the water has left and I am once again 148.2.

Nothing impressive to report, so we'll just move right along!
Closed Thread