Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!!!

Last Wednesday I weighted in at exactly 190. You know I was hot about that, since I wanted to be out of the 190s! I still weigh most mornings though. I was at 188.2 Monday morning. I haven't been doing the 17 Day diet since the 1st cycle. I'm doing a lot of working out, so I think I need the carbs. I have still been under calories though. I use MyFitnessPal to track. I've lost about 12 lbs since I started back seriously. The 17 day diet gave me the jumpstart I needed.

My half marathon training has started so I'll be getting in quite a few miles every week. I'm also throwing in the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD for strength training. I did Kickboxing today at the gym too. I've really been on it. I'm super determined to finish getting this weight off. I've been meaning to blog more, but I still haven't done that yet.

Congrats on your loss, Matilda!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #32  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Thats how I feel about the fat smash detox phase one. It gives me the jump start I need to get going. I have been struggling with this for the past 4 years lol it will always be a struggle and I know that but I still would love to master it. I havent given up and I just would like to get around the 200lb mark and I would be fine with that. So hopefully by 6/1 my sisters wedding I will have made a lot of progress..........

Thanks Beaka!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #33  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Hi all. I am looking to finish what I have been doing last year. I lost about 50 pounds back in 08 and loved it until my mother had a stroke and I let myself go. I am ready to lose all of that and get to goal.

I want to fully be out of the 2s by May. I am doing the Ideal Protein protocol with added protein and just start back running yesterday. Hopefully it works with the diet. I have upped my protein to make sure my body does not eat my muscle.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Hello ladies, just thought I'd throw this question out there. Where are you shopping for your newbor reclaimed figures with decent variety and consistent sizing. I was too scared to try on some size 6 pants at the mall for fear of having my ego burst but I grabbed some $3 clearance lee jeans from Walmart which I figured I could use for weekend work if they fit or as a short term goal if they didn't. They fit as loosely as all of the 8s I have. So I went to the thrift store and discovered I could in fact fit A Gap size 6. Has any body ever used that "my best fit" machine? I was thinking about using it the next time I go through Atlanta?
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #35  
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunrio View Post
Hello ladies, just thought I'd throw this question out there. Where are you shopping for your newbor reclaimed figures with decent variety and consistent sizing. I was too scared to try on some size 6 pants at the mall for fear of having my ego burst but I grabbed some $3 clearance lee jeans from Walmart which I figured I could use for weekend work if they fit or as a short term goal if they didn't. They fit as loosely as all of the 8s I have. So I went to the thrift store and discovered I could in fact fit A Gap size 6. Has any body ever used that "my best fit" machine? I was thinking about using it the next time I go through Atlanta?
I've never used it but for clothes I would suggest Ross or even TJ Maxx so that you can try on different sizes at lower prices. That way you can save until you get to your goal.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #36  

Mizzthingaling, I did just that and I realized that vanity sizing has gotten ridiculous. I fit in sixes and mediums at Ross but mostly eights at Burlington. I squished myself into a four at target. The big box stores are really good for vanity sizing as sixes at Walmart fit like some of my earlier size ten pants. It will take getting used to accentuating the positive on this new body as they are not so obvious as my old curves.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #37  
Golden

Good for you Aunrio. Vanity sizing is seriously out of control at some places. It can get confusing. I wish there was one system. Then again What Not to Wear says that they make off the rack clothes for the masses not to fit each individual exactly.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Ladies,

What are you doing with your hair when exercising? I am African-American and work in a professional environment. I am on an exercise regimen and I work up quite a sweat. Any hair suggestions? I am wearing a braided style now but would like to switch afterwards. I'm permed right now with shoulder length hair.

My hair was actually much longer but I had to cut it after breakage. To deal with sweaty hair, I was wetting my hair every day and pulling it back in a ponytail. BAD IDEA....So, after a couple inches of a chop...I'm looking for suggestions.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my hair extremely short (a.k.a.- old Tony Braxton, Halle). However, any tips on maintaining something that short if my scalp is sweating profusely every day?
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #39  

Free1, excellent question. I am natural but wore it straightened for most of February. My workouts suffered a little bit to maintain that look. Now I know why many perms tend to stick to the bikes in the gym while naturals hit the treadmill and sweat- it- out. Didn't Nicole Ari Parker market a hair wrap to preserve your style?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #40  
Golden

Hey Free. I am also natural now but was relaxed for years. During my workout I would put it in a high, loose ponytail and wear a wrap around my edges. Later when I want to washing daily I would dry in big braids overnight.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #41  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I hope all is well! Our thread has been so quiet lately I hope we are still hanging in there!!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #42  
Golden

I'm still here. Trying to get my mojo back. I am back on plan. Working on exercising. How is everyone else?
Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #43  

Height: 5'1

Hi hi! I'm a bit new and still going around looking at forums, but I saw this one and had to say hello .
RainbowWimsii87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #44  

Hi Rainbow, welcome.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #45  
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowWimsii87 View Post
Hi hi! I'm a bit new and still going around looking at forums, but I saw this one and had to say hello .
Hi Rainbow. Loving the hair. Mine was green yesterday. It was a hit.