Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

New adventure bit the dust already... Apparently you aren't supposed to do it w my tummy issues. Back to the drawing board.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Girls and Aaron

Well she cried but she said she totally understands, it just sucks. I feel like over the last 15 years of doing this that I almost don't show any emotions either - but there is always a very good reason for letting someone and go and when it was all said and done I did feel so much better.......

Well I decided to join the Biggest Loser at the gym- they will be doing body assesments and a personal trainer will give you set exercises and food menus around what you like to eat (of course within range) they have 3 group workouts a week and last for 8 weeks- $40 but I figure the personal trainer setting you up on a program is worth that- hoping to lose about 10-12 lbs (vacation in there so want to be reasonable)

Great job girls on getting all the deserts cleared out of the house - we went shopping today, I found alot of great bargins, bought a black mini skirt that was marked down to $12 plus 50% off but it rang up for $2.99 -- score
Well I have a sinus head cold coming on and it sucks, I already know there will probably be no sleeping tonight maybe I will just drug myself to help out- with cold medicine of course

its early but good night
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #468  

OMG had my assesment done this evening and well not good I am at 30% body fat --- yuck yuck! I am going to get that changed around sooner than later!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #469  

Reda what a huge score on the skirt. And signing up for biggest loser is great! I can't wait to hear how your fat % comes down.

Sorry u had to let her go....but it was best.

So, my adventure ended after 2 juices. I had loaned my book out and got it back the day I started. I was in my bed w my HUGE headache from no caffeine...and my stomach killing me worse than ever when I got to the end of the book and it said ppl w my condition (ulcerative colitis) should NOT do it bc it could make it worse...so here I am back at square one.. Trying to make my tummy better and losing weight.

But the one thing I am thankful for is that you all are here for me.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #470  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Tammy, so sorry to hear that you have to change gears on what you had planned on! I do hope you can find some thing to give you relief on the tummy issues plus a dieting food plan .

Reda, glad at least the 'letting go' is over with, and Yay for that mini skirt score! Hey $40 sounds like a super deal for the program at the gym, that is great. But sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, sure hope the sinus pain and cough and such are gone soon!

Colleen, I've been taking two steps forward and one backwards also, or some days it's the opposite!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

I've been the salad queen this week! Home AND been taking one to work too. I only have 1/2 hour to eat--not really enough time to go to Subway. By the time I get my salad, there isn't time to eat it! Tonight I cut up some more greens and some melons and pineapple too. At least I back on the right track! . And that's good, 'cause I get rid of any pants with wiggle room, and I was beginning to really worry that I wasn't going to be able to button my britches!

Work is not getting any better. DH has been having some horrible luck too. Yesterday he blew 2 tires in the semi! Several stops with less than adequate help, and poor directions make for a stressful day for him as well!

Chat more later.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #472  

Hi girls and Aaron

Well join the Biggest Loser at gym and had physical assesment last night- not so great for me - I could only do 10 push-ups and 10 complete sit ups- I kept my hands behind my head, then when I got done looked up and the rest of them were using their arms, I could have gotten more if I used my arms but I did them the right way- they also had us run a half mile and I did that in 4.5 minutes so that I don't think was to bad, defiantly room for lots of improvement.............. Tomorrow morning is our first team challenge- oh and I am on the Red team but we have 5 teams very good turn out I think

Colleen great job on staying on track with your healthy eating - keep up the great work!!!!

Well went to DR and had Strep and bronchitis- double whammy but at least I am over it before we leave for our trip in 14 days

Have a great weekend - we get to keep Karly Saturday, can't wait going to take her to get pictures done
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #473  
Biker Chick!

Hey bikers Oh Reda strep and bronchitis, you MUST have been feeling crappy!! sure hope the anti's knock it all out soon. Best wishes on your biggest loser challenge! No fair that the others were doing situps the wrong way!!

Yay Colleen the salad queen It does take planning doesn't it! AND remembering to bring it to work, and not spilling on the way, and carrying it in..I still get eyeballed by my co-workers when I carry food in.

Hi Tammy, Dawn and Aaron!

I hate customers Last Tuesday evening the deli was closed, as I was the only one there, and this guy wandered up to the deli and said, 'oh, I guess I can't get a sandwich, can I' and I said, 'well, it IS closed because I'm the only one here, but I guess I could make you something' and he says, 'boy, you're a pushover'.

what a butthole! I said, 'No, I am being ACCOMODATING, I think that's a little more complimentary to me!' and dang it he just didn't seem to care. again, I hate customers.

and its only January

Tomorrow is our annual Harley Raffle, where DH and I do the food, only this year I am buying crappy foodservice cake instead of killing myself making 200+ portions of dessert. We actually have 3 chances out of 150 this year, instead of our usual one, but I've stopped wishing and praying for it to happen, and try to just focus on having the meal go well and having a good time (it's a 2012 DynaSuperGlide and yes we'd sure love to win it!)
Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #474  

Reda,
Sorry you are so sick.... We are sending well wishes your way to get better by vacation. And you,did awesome at the pushups and sit-ups.... And to you doing real push ups and sit ups..... I say you're my 2nd biker chick hero..(no one beats Hollys dumpster diving ab story).

Holly, sorry about the jerk customer.... Honey-- u can't fix stupid or rude for,some people.

I sure hope you win the HD Dyna. Sure would be funny for you to have a Ms. Dyna. Lol.

Hi Colleen, Aaron, Dawn....I gotta go... DH is working on "his" side of my new closet that I have graciously offered to him. Lol
Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi Gals I am still here. I am not happy with my weight , I ended up at 262lbs 2 times in the last month. After the new year my wife and I started dieting hard and am down to 252, I have a goal to be at 220 by the end of April. I will try to check in with you gals more often.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #476  

Good Luck Aaron!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #477  

Hi Girls adn Aaron

Aaron glad to hear you are back on track

Well had my weigh in tonight (yes they weigh you in at night???)
I lost 1.8 pounds since Wednesday night - I am excited can't ask for more but let me just say that these workouts are kicking my assssss!!! The amount of push ups and squats I did tonight well lets just say I am hurting already! This is going to be a great 9 weeks and I am excited even if I am only losing 1.5 pounds per week, I know I am toning up real nice

Holly so who won the bikes??? or wait is that this weekend?
Tammy - feeling way better obvisously thanks for well wishes all

Dumpster diving - Nope won't ever forget that either!!!

Well tired and ready for bed- have a great week
Old 01-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Just droppping in to say Hi. Lots going on here. When I get time will stop back in to fill everyone in. DS got married Christmas day along with all kinds of other stuff going on. Dont even want to hop on scale afraid of what it will tell me.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #479  

Hello

Well another class tonight and just as I was finally not sore as heck!!!

Dawn hope everything is ok, or going to be OK - stay strong!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #480  
Biker Chick!

Big Hi to Aaron, and Dawn, well congrats I guess on the marriage, let's hope for the best!

Reda sorry your butt is getting kicked but in a good way, lol! That is great the scale is going down and you are getting stronger!

Tammy, I SURE wish I'd had won the bike, i would have jumped on here right away to tell you all if we did, a nice man won it BUT he has never been on a motorcycle in his life he just bought a ticket because he thought it sounded like a fun event. Everything went smoothly but my DH says it's the last time he wants to do the meal from scratch, too much work in preparation and clean up. Next year it's gonna be frozen lasagna or something like that. And oh boy he is ready for someone else to say 'hey I think I have a better idea' and he will say 'go for it, dude!!'

This yearly raffle gig is an incredible money raiser. There is the initial $17,300 sold in 173 tickets (we hold back 3 for raffling off during the raffle)...buy the bike for about $13,000 ... food expenses are around $600 ... then the additional raffles for those 3 tickets brings in about $7000 more. We pay $750 for a band, but then we let the public in at $10 a head and we always get enough people in to pay for that! Wow!

Two days ago it got in the mid 40's and I saw two bikes go by! Yay for them!! I was with them in spirit, lol. Now it's cold again and we got a little more snow, and it's gonna get real cold tomorrow night (below 0)

Martin Luther King weekend is a big holiday for this ski industry town so I will have a killer busy weekend but I will be up for it at least physically if not mentally, lol. Still hatin' on the stupid customers, lol; but loving Tammy's "Honey, u can't fix stupid or rude"

Every day I start out with great intentions on my diet and some days are good and some are terrible!! but I will keep trying. As I saw someone say on this forum today (think it was BeachPatrol) 'yo-yo dieting is not great but it's better than doing nothing!!'