Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #376  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy congrats on PASSING!!!

sorry about the bike dump That is a big bike to get up on your own. Glad no damage to you or her!

Reda, wow on your upcoming trip to AZ, and exciting about the possibility of the local gas station!

Hey Colleen Oh I still love beef

Tomorrow I go back to the yuck winter job full time, booo. I'm just embarassed that I'm a couple pounds up from my low in the spring, when the jerk boss was calling me 'skinny' . He and his wife are SO judgemental on people's appearances (they call their own customers 'fat') I know they won't say anything to my face but to each other I know they will comment that I'm chunkier than before.

And I have to face the daily "want to eat everything" there syndrome, I just have to FOCUS and maybe have one 'on plan' day to help my resolve.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Colleen, sorry you had heartburn..... I know how that feels after not eating a lot and then visiting a buffet. Sounds like you have the winter meals planned. At least with you getting the beef "not from the store" it will be more "clean" in eating.

Holly, I am sooooo sorry you have to go back to the dreaded job and you have to deal with the judgemental boss. I can relate to that.... the doctor that moved away was soooo horrible on commenting about ppl's weight. He was a very small man and called himself a "fat slob" when he overate one meal.... so you can imagine what he said about ppl who were not his weight. I hope your dreaded job are speedy this year and not drug out.
I am not sure what time you have to be at work..... but don't forget your exercise.... we were all doing so well when we exercised regularly and with it being winter-- we have to fight off the winter blues. Besides, next spring, you never know if you may have to dumpster dive and use those fab abs. lol

Reda, I got the pic. Thank you so much.... for some reason I thought your bike what glacier white.... but we have the exact bike.

I found some Screaming Eagle pipes that someone in town had, they did not "treat them" so they got a little blue on them (but it is under the bag) and they were $50..... you can beat that.

Well, enough about me and the Queen..... I need to shower and get ready for work tomorrow.

Before I go.... has anyone tried "Wen" shampoo? My hair is very dry and brittle this year for some reason.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #378  

Reda,
I forgot to tell you CONGRATS about the interview in AZ.... I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts about what the right road for you is.....
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #379  
Biker Chick!

Tammy - what a deal on the pipes!!

My hours at the winter job are pretty good. 11 am to 6 pm. So that means I can (and usually do) workout every morning. it also gives me time to run the vacuum And if I am organized, prepare something to bring to eat.

I should look at this in a positive way (something I've been trying to work on) That I can bring something filling and delicious and STAY AWAY from the cookies, pastries, everything. And just ignore the boss and his wife's comments on my food

regarding dry, brittle hair - ME TOO!! I don't want to lose any length but boy is it dry and crispy. Just this weekend I bought 2 jars of deep conditioning cream and for 2 days in a row, wet my hair, slathered it on, covered it with plastic bag, heated it with hair dryer, then tied bandana over it, and went about my day, leaving it on for at least 2 hours. Right afterwards it feels so much better, but I don't know if I can do that every day! For now I'm gonna try to not wash it as often, just shower and condition it, it doesn't really need washing real often. I do use a salon approved shampoo.

I'm gun-shy of TV deals, with my last experience of the Cindy Crawford Meaningful Beauty Try-To-Rip-You-Off deal. Is the Wen only available online or TV?

We woke up to SNOW coming down and on the ground I know it won't last but ugh.

OH gosh...this is exciting. DH has agreed that re-doing our living room would be a nice idea. We want a new couch ( I compromised on a leather-type one, he wants that, I don't, but I will compromise) a loveseat (fabric) and one or 2 stuffed chairs. It means MAJOR overhaul. We have an entertainment center that DH made , it is very nice, but big, but now that we have flat screen TV on the wall, the entertainment center is only holding books and tons of old VHS tapes and junk and dust.

So that needs to be emptied out, then the center dismantled. There are 2 cabinet shelves on another wall that are here that are not really needed, either. My nice child's roll top desk, I will move upstairs. And there is a corner endtable thing that used to hold an aquarium but now is just holding junk and dust.

SO there are so many steps to do first! Like make space upstairs for the rolltop desk. I got a start on that this weekend. I have to ask DH to please look at some books to see if he can part with them. (remember last fall I overhauled our bookshelves and donated HUNDREDS of books..I didn't touch 'his' books then) I have to take all stuff off the entertainment center -books, games, and find space for them.

I have to go through the VHS tapes and see if there are any precious footage of our younger son on the unlabeled ones. Take the other movies/tapes to the Re-use center (no charge) Vacuum/clean up in the corner where stuff has accumulated. WOW. Oh and I want to paint. Who knew so much was involved in buying a couch and chairs

If anyone has any advice I'll take it!! I have ZERO decorating ability. It is so hard for me to visualize a room any different than how it is right now. I wish I was adept at taking pics and uploading them. I have a nice digi camera but am not familiar with uploading pics and posting them.

At least I have the Re-Use center as a resource for getting rid of things. They will take the VHS tapes (movies) the electronics for only $2 per unit, books, just about anything. For hardly ANY money. Like a car full of stuff would be about $8. And it's open at convenient times AND on my way to work. No excuses huh!

Well this is exciting as I said because DH is resistant to change (heck I guess I am too, I get 'comfortable' and complacent) and resistant to getting rid of things. He was never open to it in the past so it has just gotten worse and the accumulation of 'stuff' just added to my depression. Coming home to a cluttered mess sucks but I also felt that I wasn't allowed to even start. I don't know what has changed in his mindset but I am GLAD.

thanks for listening!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-05-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #380  

Holly, I have ZERO decorating ability but surely Colleen and Reda do b/c they seem to be talented that way.
I can relate with the clutter and depression thing.... You know, my DH grandmother used to be a "hoarder" and he has pack rack tendencies..... and I would LOVE to get rid of a lot of stuff..... but for now I will just take it out piece by piece.

We still have not cleaned out the MIL house...... we sure need to.... but it is still kinda raw.

And YUCK on the snow.

Reda, thanks sooo much for all the bike advise.

Hello everyone else!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #381  
Biker Chick!

Tammy I know that was a ridiculously long post but I thank you for reading it I do NOT envy your chore of having to empty MIL's house!! oh my gosh. Sending strength to you and DH on that!!

The thought of just taking things out piece by piece...it would work, wouldn't it! just commit to one piece a day or even week. It's a start. That's what I have to also do to our back enclosed porch which has become a dumping ground.

HEY - today was my first day back at the deli/bakery AND I STUCK TO PLAN

oh and Tammy, those darned polititcal ads are back!!! hopefully they will be gone by tomorrow evening!

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-05-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #382  

Amen on the political ads! I hope they are gone tomorrow.

I read 2 articles this past week.... one was called "2 by the door". The concept is for you to find "X" amount of items by the back door. Take them with you when you leave.... no matter what you do with them (trash, gift, etc)... DONT BRING THEM BACK IN THE HOUSE.
The other article is... when you achieve your goal of decluttering..... have a number of items you can have (including clothing, but not common household items like furniture, dishes, etc). But, you should have a certain number like "100", which would include your pairs of socks, jeans, personal items. When you get a gift you have to get rid of something to keep that number. When you go shopping you have to know you have to give something up.
This guy who lives by the 100 rule said it make his clutter problem and depression issue better...... cause he lives a more simple life....

That is my GOAL!!!!! Along with WL..... lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls- Holly that is so exciting- But I will say that first thing you should do is find the funiture then you can decide on paint-
But Colleen I think is more of a decorater than me as well- I am sure she will chime in

You know I am in same boat - I need to declutter severly as well - but mostly need to get the guys in this house to just pick up after themselves and that would help tremendously!!!

Well off to work - have a great day
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Decorate? I love to decorate! Holly, if you haven't been on Pintrest yet, look there for wonderful ideas. I can spend HOURS looking at stuff there! Unless you have a huge living room, consider getting 2 love seats, with the console in the middle, and ends that recline. They are are more popular to sit on as, there is a spot for drinks. Who sits in the middle of the couch? I made the couch mistake.

Just recently I bought a fairly tall wicker vase, and dried eucalyptus, the LED lit branches. About $30 total. It is easy to change the look. A couple of tall flowers or stick of decoration for whichever holiday does the trick! Good idea to have different fabric or leather so everything isn't the same! For walls, consider groupings. Start with what you have, and already like. Add a shelf, plant (even if it's not a real one--they can change with the season easy) and light (even if it's only a candle). If you don't have another spot for the entertainment center, fill the large area with a focal point. Would your aquarium fit inside? Make that focal point match your decor. If you have a (for instance) motorcycle theme, it would add interest to add a decal on something, or motorcycle!

Painting...you don't have to paint the whole room! If there is a hallway off the living room, leave that wall a different color.

Decluttering...try asking if there is anything DH wants to save instead of asking what they can get rid of! Forces them to take action! I like the 2 by the door idea. As long as they don't pile up at the door!!

Or better yet, let me come for a visit! I would have a ball!

In my house, I for the most part, have a nature/wildlife theme. In order to not get things too masculine I incorporate feminine stuff. Like in the bathroom, I have 2 brass candle holders and a deer antler around them. In our 4 season room, I have very little--just decorated with heavy stings of leaves and gourds. Don't be afraid to use stuff you have for purposes that it may not be intended! Like wine racks that hold towels! Or baskets that collect everyones junk, so it can be easily moved off the table or counter. Maybe a picture or mirror to be used as a tray holding a decorative piece or something pretty like perfume.

I can NOT sleep tonight.

Had another interview today. Must have my mind going!

Wen hair stuff...seems like I would have a greasy mess! I try to just wash my hair every other day. Still very fine, and damages easy. I never use the blow dryer, but do use a curling iron. I'm very careful not to use it on a very hot setting after burning my hair OFF!

Tammy, you'll get to MIL house when the right time comes along.

Reda, let us know what you decide on. Big changes!

I made an appointment to take the state test for real estate sales. I got through the training! There was much more to it than I thought there would be!

Hope you gals are able to sleep. 1:00am here...still going! Must have been the 2 sodas I had tonight!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #385  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks! Tammy - right on about the 'set' number of things. Or if you can't commit to a specific number, if something new comes into the house, at least one thing has to leave!

Colleen - sorry you were wide awake so late! (or technically early!) THANK YOU for your input. I remember last year I hesitantly thought of the subject..then realized what it would entail, then ditched the idea. But now that it seems more do-able, I am psyched. I do have alot of challenges structure-wise that I might PM you about instead of boring everyone else if that is OK?

I did SO well at work yesterday, not caving in to any one of hundreds of diet busters...continued to do so well up til 10 pm (I should have just gone to bed!) but there were 2 skinny pieces of cheesecake leftover from our anniversary dinner, and they were sitting on the counter...so I scarfed them down, darn!!

I have today and tomorrow off (they are my scheduled off days, now that I'm back full time) and it is already de-clutter and remove mode. I brought home 3 beer boxes from work and hope to have them filled and in my vehicle by early afternoon. I did get sidetracked in the kitchen and just emptied and rearranged the dishes/glasses section, with a pile of stuff to be donated.

HI to everyone else and have a great day!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #386  

Great start on the decluttering Holly!! Feel free to send me a message however you would like. FB IM would be something I would see rather quickly.

I got a FINE compliment on the WL today!

Last night I spent a lot of time reading the sticky notes on 3FC. I like the link to 500 before & after pictures! Motivating! Most all the people before they lost weight looked happy, and took a good picture. They looked fabulous in the after pictures though! There were a few horrible pictures--If I would have had someone put those out on an internet site, I would have KILLED them! Well, I'd of at least been mad!

Today was a good, on plan kind of day. I need MORE of those, and less lasagna days!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #387  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
I got a FINE compliment on the WL today!
details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
Great start on the decluttering Holly!!
thank you!!! Yesterday I took to the Re-Use center - probably 70 or so video tapes, a unit that held videotapes; a cassette music player deck; cassette tapes; BETA tapes (yes!); eight track tapes (oh god!) and about one box of household stuff; and a box of books. Cost - one dollar I would have been happy to pay fifty times that, just to get stuff out!

Today - haven't left yet but I have stacked by the car - MORE videotapes, about 40 casssette music tapes; alot more books; another box of household stuff; and a small three shelf open cabinet.

about that stupid 3 shelf cabinet - I was at the top of the stairs, about to carry it downstairs. I took one step down, then the top of the shelf just separated from the rest of it and it went sailing down the stairs, and crashed into the little table where we have a lamp, a phone, and the modem. My poor dog Eddie almost pooped out of fright, he hates noise and he hates that I've been moving things and carrying stuff and this just sent him almost over the edge poor guy!

Well but the phone works and obviously the modem does, yay! the table is just a little tippy now.

BUT i got that entertainment center thing TOTALLY cleaned off/out. WOW. It will be nice to have that out of here, now I envision where a love seatwill go! I am so excited about the thought of the whole room NOT being lined with stuff as it is now.

but I am also getting a little overwhelmed because as usual I am attempting years' worth of work right away. Along with years' worth of dust. What is wrong with me!?!

Well I hope I provided a laugh with the visual of the cabinet sailing through the air

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Oh Holly great job on getting it done- and yes I defiantely have a smile on my face
Love seat instead of couch is great - that what we did with 2 recliners but DH tends to fall asleep in living room watching TV and does miss the room of a couch now that we don't have one.....

Yes Colleen details about your FINE compliment!!!!

TGIF - whooop whooop
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #389  

LOL at Holly's description of the shelf ordeal! You really are making progress! WoooHooo!

Details on the comment: was just that a gal very LOUDLY said (in public), WOW, YOU'VE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT! It did make me smile, but I kind of wanted to crawl under the table!

It was a good day for behaving with the food. Until tonight when I was certain that I "needed" a couple of tortillas with lots of melted cheese! I might have been able to do without them!

Couch vs. Loveseat... they both have pros and cons. We never gave it any thought when we were buying. Wish now we would have opted for the 2 loveseats that would have 4 recliners. We have a sectional/corner piece too, but the couch and loveseat have arms, so don't have to be attached together. 2 glider rockers too.

We do NOT lack seating at our house! For 2 people in the house... We have room for 8 in the living room, 10 in the dining room, 4 stools in the kitchen, and 10 big chairs in the 4 season room! The rooms are all attached with open floor plan. Works great for big gatherings! The table has 5 leaves in it--ready for Thanksgiving!

This afternoon I spent HOURS on the phone with Best Buy trying to get some tech support to come out! Twice I got disconnected. I talked to 5 different people! Each time they needed my account #, name, address, phone, email, and a repeat of what I needed! The last guy was brand new on the job. After 1 hour and 45 minutes of him, I asked if someone could PLEASE call me back when they can get it figured out. They NEVER CALLED! I am just going to wait until tomorrow, when I have cooled down to call them back. Wish me luck! What I need is to get the newest TV calibrated. That's it! Not a big deal--just that it needs to be done before January. Glad I started this request early! It could take that long to get someone here!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #390  

Oh my gosh Holly...... It was not really the cabinet sailing through the air that got me... it was poor Eddie pooping out of fright. lol.
I have to say KUDOS to you for de cluttering as much as you did!

Reda.... Job interview update? And, I have started the blinging of Ms. Queen (not sure of the name)...... but I got the speedometer ring blinged (It is a Harley piece, I am not as talented as you to do it myself), but I had the money left from taking stuff off Ms. Dyna and selling on Craigslist.

Colleen, CONGRATS again on your WL. Good luck with your RE licensing..... I know it can be challenging.
Btw, can you come to my house when you get done with Holly's? LOL.
Your decorating ideas sound really good!

I need a diet intervention really bad. I did good the first of the week.... but not so much now.

Well, even though most people don't consider Veterans Day a holiday..... IT IS... and I have a my FIRST 3 day holiday since starting a 'normal" job again!!!!!

Well, I am going to look at the before/after pic that Colleen found.... then I am going to surf the web to see if I can get some low carb ideas..... I need to shed some "junk" out of my diet.