Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 285/196/150

Height: 5'4"

redballoon,

Thank you for the warm welcome and good luck on your challenge.

Day 1 is completed

Not eat any fried foods.... 3 pauses allowed.... Day 1 completed

Drink 100 oz. of water a day 2 pauses allowed .... Day 1 completed

Exercise for 30 minutes a day 3 pauses allowed .... Day 1 completed
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #107  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

karybeary,
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #108  

Nice job KB, you are off to a good start!
Red, you are almost done with a challenge!!! Way to go!! I can't even remember the last time I came close.
And I don't actually have a challenge going right now...
I know it can't be an exercise challenge, because I've got that down.
It has to be beer, because that is where all my extra cals come from. Problem is I know I will have a few beers coming up with a quick trip out of town, Thanksgiving and my birthday. I could show tremendous self control, maybe have a glass of wine instead, and get a no beer challenge DONE. So will do that. Starting now.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #109  
Never give up

Unhappy

Eat Clean Challenge -- Day 19 completed, 3 pauses left

No Alcohol Challenge -- Day 6 completed, 2 pauses taken

Another day down. I was looking at photos on the Oxygen magazine site. Go to the Fat Loss section and then Success Stories or something like that. The photos are very inspiring for me because I see my fat, out-of-shape body and I think that just has to be impossible for the body to change so much. I think, no way, I must be too old and my skin stretched hopelessly out of shape, that it will never ever be able to be less, never be able to be tight etc. etc. Maybe, it's true but these people looked the same as I look and FEEL and now they look like I want to look, so maybe I can at least get close! That said, life and the drudge of work and the pushing to get to the gym and feeling only sore and overworked because of it, is really getting me down. That, and the usual c rap in the rest of my life, nothing fun, only drudge, only frustration. I wait for the horoscope to come on the TV in the morning and today I'm the worst. It really makes me want to cry. It's always work, work, work and no fun, unless it means doing something AGAINST my goals, like going out drinking, which I don't really want to do. But I need some fun. I really need some fun and I have NONE now...except making jokes with the built young guys in the gym. Sigh.

Apple, I'm going to get tough with you! I want you complete a challenge! Have you ever completed a no-beer challenge? I can't remember but if you have it's been a loooooong time, right? So, why keep setting yourself up for failure. I right now am NOT up for a no-alcohol challenge, that's why I gave myself three pauses, which is a lot considering I don't just go for one glass. So, if you are really getting so many calories from the brew, then make a challenge that still reduces the calories but allows you to drink. You know before you start that NO booze is going to be impossible. How about it?

.....wait a minute!! I just reread your post and see you are going to knuckle down and do the NO beer challenge. OK, OK, three pauses, switch to wine, whatever. You CAN do this, Apple and you need to because the constant failure is very mentally detrimental, I think. It's ONLY 3 weeks and you can still "relocate." Go for it!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-10-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #110  

Great Job today redballoon!

Day 2 down! 19 more to go!

Not eat any fried foods.... 3 pauses allowed.... Day 2 completed

Drink 100 oz. of water a day 2 pauses allowed .... Day 2 completed

Exercise for 30 minutes a day 3 pauses allowed .... Day 2 completed
Old 11-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #111  
Never give up

Exclamation

Eat Clean Challenge -- Day 20 completed, 3 pauses left

No Alcohol Challenge -- Day 7 completed, 2 pauses taken

Got through another day. It wasn't easy but wasn't hard, now that I have done it so many times before. It was a VERY long day, with me doing work from before 5 a.m. almost constantly until after 10 p.m. Writing before work, writing at work, writing after work, and work (meaning the office) was hellish yesterday because they had a sudden due-diligence report to do and it was about stuff that neither the translators nor I understood. What a headache. But, I did it. I had all this food to eat and didn't touch it. Actually, though I say I was working constantly, I decided before the office that I would, damn it, get to the gym. I did and did some legwork. Of course this may have added to the exhaustion but it helped me mentally, because I had done something I set out to. Anyhow, I've lost a few pounds and feel and look better. This point is the hardest, I think. It's too soon to really reap any benefits, as in wearing clothes that didn't fit, but I've got to find something to keep me going. Sorry for the ramble.....

karybeary, thanks for the support! You are doing great. The beginning is the hardest and you have a triple challenge. Hurrah for your determination! Keep it up!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #112  

Day 3 down!

Not eat any fried foods.... 3 pauses allowed.... Day 3 completed

Drink 100 oz. of water a day 2 pauses allowed .... Day 3 completed

Exercise for 30 minutes a day 3 pauses allowed .... Day 3 completed

Woop! Woop!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #113  
Never give up

karybeary, good for you!! Keep it up. You're looking good!!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #114  
Never give up

Unhappy

Sigh, I am having a bad day, what often happens when I have a day with nothing I HAVE to do. I sit around feeling sorry for myself instead of going out and making headway and working toward my goal. It's the flipside of pushing all week long. Not good.
One, it brings me down, down, down and usually I end up regretting having done nothing.
It usually worsens because I sit here thinking about how little progress I made and focusing on the fact that my weight is more or less the same and even the progress I thought I'd made doesn't seem like anything. OK, it's not much, but it's something, right? WHY do I do this? How does thinking about how little progress I've made do anything to make more progress?!?! Of course, it doesn't.
I check my measurements and find they're the same or a bit higher and that makes it worse.
I am going to give up...before I really got started. Three weeks of watching my eating and I have so little to show for it. I can't stand the pace of this. It's really getting to me. HELP!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-12-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #115  
Never give up

Well, feeling a little better now. I sat around my room moping (that's moping, not mopping, which I should have been doing) feeling real sorry for myself and real depressed. Then I shook myself up and out after dark and went for a good 90-minute walk at a good clip. That lifted my spirits from about 45 mins in, which is the time I seem to get a second wind. Now, just back and eating the food I'd brought to work yesterday but never got to. Hope all are well!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-12-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #116  
Never give up

Eat Clean Challenge -- Day 21 completed, 3 pauses left

No Alcohol Challenge -- Day 8 completed, 2 pauses taken

Eat Clean Challenge is done!! Hurrah! Hurrah! I will start another round.

Weight remains high. Really makes me mad. But (for now at least ) I am determined to continue!!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #117  

Redballoon,

Congrats on completing your Eat Clean Challenge! What a huge accomplishment. I had a late night so didn't get to check in yesterday.

I didn't quite get all 100 oz. of water in yesterday but was very close so I'm gonna use a pause day on the water. Everything else was fine but I definitely had some crazy cravings for fried treats. Happy to say I resisted.

So here is my report for day 4 which was yesterday.

Day 4 completed.

Not eat any fried foods.... 3 pauses allowed.... Day 4 completed

Drink 100 oz. of water a day.... 1 pause used....1 pause left .... Day 3 completed

Exercise for 30 minutes a day 3 pauses allowed .... Day 4 completed

I am hopeful that I can make all of my goals today.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #118  
Never give up

Another day done and it was a good one as far as eating and exercising went. This morning (Monday) my weight is down a bit. I can't get too hung up on the scale though because it doesn't reflect the effort for a long time and I NEED not to get any more discouraged than I already on. Well, perhaps "discouraged" is not the right word. I just don't really understand how my mind works. How is it possible that I can not have seen all this fat on me? How can I have allowed it to accumulate to this degree. I actually was thinking I was just muscular. I guess it's because I'm not really, I don't know, totally misshapen or something. But still, I can grab the fat on my gut with both hands. Sorry, that is disgusting, I know. Anyhow, I just simply have to keep this up. Otherwise, I can stop looking at men and I have to stop imagining they would even look at me, except in totally platonic ways, which is not the way a man should look at anybody as far as I'm concerned, not unless it's a "friend" relationship. Sigh. Ramble.

Eat Clean Challenge -- Round 2 Day 1 completed, 3 pauses left

No Alcohol Challenge -- Day 9 completed, 2 pauses taken

kary -- Thanks for the support. I would have taken the water as OK if you were that close....
I am very proud of you having resisted the fried cravings. I have found that when I get sugar cravings, if I can just force my mind away from the craving I can escape. Of course, when I'm sitting in the regimented, overly regulated office, that is next to impossible. The work does not engage me and it often, in fact, makes me want to eat because it's so tedious and boring. Why tedium and boredom leads to eating, well, it just does. So, what I've been doing is bringing containers of cut up fruit or mini tomatoes with me and eating them mindlessly with a toothpick. It really, really helps.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #119  
Iron Love Handles

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5"5'

Well, good for you, Red, on completing your "eating clean" challenge. It's a step in the right direction!
And good for you, Kary! Staying away from fried food is TOUGH!

I'm on day 5 with one pause used up on my "Go to the gym everyday" challenge, and haven't been counting calories at ALL for my second challenge. So day 0, I guess. I don't think I'm going to re-start that part of my challenge until I have a better idea what the atmosphere will be like at my new job.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #120  
Never give up

Eat Clean Challenge -- Round 2 Day 2 completed, 3 pauses left

No Alcohol Challenge -- Day 10 completed, 2 pauses taken

Ok, another one hits the dirt. Going to bed. I am sooo tired. Have work that isn't finished and it must be finished before I leave at 6:15 a.m. but I think I am just too tired to do any more today.

ironlove -- Thanks for the congrats! And good for you on your exercise challenge! Yes, I can understand holding off on calorie counting. You'll have enough getting used to with a new job and meeting people and finding what is available to eat and where. It's a good time for going out and socializing with the new people too. So, when does the new job start?
Closed Thread