All Done Shopping & Wrapped 2 20.00%
Almost Done Shopping 3 30.00%
Haven't Started Shopping 2 20.00%
I Don't Shop Or Wrap Gifts 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 10:56 AM   #16  
Losing it!

WHHHOOOOOO-HOOO!!!! Two hot Bohomia Momma's!!!!! Where's the teeny weeny bikini's???????? GREAT PIC!!!!

Dee: I probably won't be on.... gotta go get hubby a last minute gift from Santa... if all go's well!!!! Then off to help out with a Christmas dinner that we are having for the Special Olympics clients.

Will try to check in later, we are loading all the parents in the van tonight and taking them Christmas light looking!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 12:01 PM   #17  

Debbie, thanks for sharing the picture. I think it is always great when we can put faces to the names! You guys look like you had a terrific time!!!!
Both of you get some much needed rest and have fun shopping today.
Dee, it sounds like you have a really fun day planned.
Gayle, that is so nice of you to help with the Special Olympics dinner. We have a family friend who is going to Ireland next summer to represent our nation at the special olympics.
Shelley, try not to worry too much about those pounds. I'm right there with you and I know it is frustrating, but, the holidays will soon be over and we can get right back on the wagon. I have been baking for the past week, and it these thighs are NOT a pretty sight!!!!! LOL
Jennelle, try and take a break and catch your breath when you can. Everyone is soooooooo busy right now!

Catch you guys later....
Ramona
Old 12-18-2002, 11:25 AM   #18  

Here I am upset again! My bro in NY is not coming down for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. Not only that (which I can understand), he is flying my nephew and his girlfriend to NY on the same weekend as the Bat Mitzvah, so they won't be coming either. I don't know if you guys know, but this is a very special occasion, and it really hurts that he doesn't feel it is important enough to at least have someone from his family here. My other brother and his wife would be coming even if they lived in Alaska!!

Sherry and Debbie-Nice picture!!!

I stayed basically OP yesterday, but today there are all kinds of goodies here at school of which my mouth is watering for!!! I've stayed away so far though!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-18-2002, 03:56 PM   #19  

Shelley, I'm so sorry your brother and his family won't be joining you for this very special occasion. I know you must be very dissapointed. I wish I could do something to make you feel better. Just know that all your floozie friends will at least be with you in spirit. I hope you will be able to enjoy the festivities anyway. Please tell your daughter congratulations from me.

Love,
Ramona
Old 12-18-2002, 09:23 PM   #20  

Hey Ya'll........

I'm taking a break from making candy! I'm making 4 pans of fudge.........2 batches each of: Buckeyes & Raisin Coconut Balls......Choc. Peanutbutter Cups.....and.... White Choc. Pretzels! I make all this every year for co-workers and neighbors.

Wayne's Christmas party was nice.When we got home I wrapped a few gifts and got in bed at 12:00! So in the last TWO days, I've had 7 hours of sleep! I'm soooo tired!!

Gayle........... YES...we did have on our itsy bitsy bikinis!! They were under our clothes! LOL ..yeah right!! Thanks for the Christmas card! Did you get mine?

Shelley...........I'm so sorry that all your family can't be with your Son on this special day.I feel for you.Please try to forgive him for not coming though.I don't want it to bother you.We love you!

Debbie..........I'm so happy that you're back with us!!!!!! I wanted you to so bad but I knew that it had to be up to you. My legs are STILL hurting from the game Monday night! Are yours?

Dee..........Ramona...........Carol.............Je nnelle.............Angel-Feathers...........Vicki.............Wanda........ ...& Debyj......................I miss YOU!!!!

My break is up.......will post more tomorrow night.

Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Dashing through the snow......In a one horse open sleigh.........Over the hills we go........Laughing all the way.......Fa LaLaLa Fa LaLaLa

Last edited by Sherry; 12-18-2002 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:17 AM   #21  
Losing it!

Sher: I'm making some candy today for gift baskets and wanted to share a cute idea I ran across. Take one marachino cherry with stem and dip it into chocolate almond bark, then attach an unwrapped hershey kiss to the opposite end of the stem. While the mixture is still warm, insert two small pieces of sliced almond directly behind the kiss...whaaa-laa!!!!! An instant little chocolate Christmas mouse with tail!!!! You can even take a small amount of icing or white choc. to create eyes and nose. I'm making a bunch of little "micies" today for my trays!!! BTW: no card yet...

Shelley: Try not to get upset during this special time. We all have family and I am sure more then a few of us can understand how difficult it can be at times to deal with family members. This is a special time for your Daughter, wish her the best and like Ramona said: we will be there for you in spirit!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 12:26 PM   #22  

Shelley try to think positive of this special time. Be thankful of all the family that can be there to share the special time. Maybe if you let your brother know that you are disappointed that he won't be there that might make you feel better. But like I said count your blessings and be happy for family and friends that will be there.

Gayle your little mice sound soo cute. Can you post a pic of them. I am a little slow at following the instructions....lol

Sherry I hope that over the christmas season that you will slow down a little. It sounds like you are having some fun making all that candy though. I just love your holiday spirt, with all the little pics and sayings you include in your post.

Debbie how are you doing today? Is there only one more day of school left for you? Our kids and my hubby too are off from december 20 til january 6 for kids and not sure when Larry goes back.

Ramona how is it going with the boys at home? Are you getting your fill? Don't worry about the pounds now til after the holiday. You sure look great in your pic so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Well yesterday I had a major melt down. Didn't sleep much the night before because we had a rough family meeting session with Jay. After that he didn't bother to come home nor did he let us know that he wasn't coming home that night. But anyways when Larry came home for lunch I started argueing with him and then started to bawl. The extra stress and work of christmas always falls on the women! I just had a hard time handling that and Jay at the same time. I feel much better today even though I didn't get any help. We have had about 8-10 inches of snow that has fallenin the last 48 hours and it is still coming down. Do you think my son has picked up a shovel? No that might take more than his 15 minute job for the day. So I have been out there every 4 hours or so shoveling. Something that I really am not suppose to do. Kids they just are so selfish. Oh well the shoveling is done again for this am and it seems to be tapering off. Gee at least I hope, that driveway is getting to me. If it keeps up I just might do just the sidewalks. Well thatnks for hearing me out again.

To everyone else I hope that you are doing well and starting to enjoy the christmas season.

Last edited by Deelite; 12-19-2002 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:31 PM   #23  

Dee, I'm sorry you are having such a stressful time. You may get to listen to my troubles in a few days. Ds got a permit to drive to work only, but of course, he is driving everywhere! His middle name is Jay........you think it's something about that name?????LOL
Please take care of yourself. You don't need to get sick during the holiday time.
Sherry........SLOW DOWN!!!!! You make me tired girlfriend!
Gayle..........we had the little mice at a party I went to last week. They were so cute. I just had to eat their little tails though. I love chocolate covered cherries! LOL
Shelley........I hope you are feeling a little better today. I'm thinking of you. BTW, when is the Bat Mitzvah?
Debbie, Jennelle, Deby, Carol, Vicki, Wanda, Angel........hope you are all doing well and enjoying the season!
Love,
Ramona
Old 12-19-2002, 05:20 PM   #24  

Ramona thank you for the kind words. Gee maybe it has something to do with the middle name being Jay! Why do kids thinkk that it can't happen to them. Driving around without a license is not a good idea. Didn't seem to learn a lesson fron DUI. Oh boy kids.
Well my body is tired and sore. I shovel twice and there still is a bit of snow coming down. It sure will be a white christmas. Most of our snow had melted in the last couple of weeks. You could see a lot of snow. Not any more. It will be nice to be able to get out there and cross country ski. I am going to give it a try. I haven't done that since the winter my heart started to give me problems. I think if I take it slow and don't go to long it will be fine. I will pace myself. It gives me something to be excited about with all this snow.

DEE
Old 12-19-2002, 06:02 PM   #25  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

Only one more day of school, then we are off until Jan. 6th. Yippeeee!!! Tomorrow will be easy for us, we are fixing sack lunches then having our Christmas party.

Dee.....Send some of that snow this way!! It's been raining here all day, doesn't seem much like Christmas. Sorry you are having such a hard time with your son, believe me I remember. I'm so glad they are grown now, I worry but not like I used to.

Ramona....The main thing I remember when my kids were home is...I used to cry, worry and pray. I'm sure your son will grow out of all his craziest soon, he has already changed so much.

Sherry.....Glad we didn't have all your candy at our school today. We did have alot of goodies yesterday and today but I didn't mess up too much. I agree with Dee....Christmas is TOO much work for women. Please let's plan some fun stuff while we are off work.

Gayle....I recieved your Christmas card and the towel letter. Hope to get my towel and letters in the mail tomorrow. The mice candy sounds cute, I may try some while I'm off work.

Shelley.....I'm sure your daugther's special day will be great. Sorry your brother and his family can't share this time with you.

Hope everyone has time soon to share your favorite Christmas memories with us.

Got to run, baking pies for my ladies. Pecan, chess and fudge...Yummy!!!!!!

I SAW MOMMY KISSING SANTA CLAUS!!!LA-LA-LA!!

Last edited by DebbieA; 12-19-2002 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:36 PM   #26  

Default hi there!

remember me????
i know ive been away for awhile.
fed up with the way i look.
wanting to start back up again.
if you gals will have me back.

sherry,
i did finaly get anouther house,
remember my old landlord sold the house from under us.
oh please say i can come back!!
doni
Old 12-19-2002, 07:32 PM   #27  
THINKING THIN!!!!

WELCOME BACK DONI !!!

So glad you are back , I have often wondered how you were. This is a wonderful time of year for new beginnings or just restarting old goals{like me...LOL.}
Can't wait to hear all about everything in your life now.

hugs...debbie
Old 12-19-2002, 10:49 PM   #28  

STOP!!!!!!!!!!! Go To #73..............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!
Closed Thread