Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 06:26 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Low Carb - Giving Thanks

starting a new thread.

I give thanks for the friends that i have here.

I give thanks for my kids (even when i want to kill them or give them away)

I give thanks for the life i am given

I give thanks for the enjoyment that i can deliver to others in my chosen field

I give thanks for my health

I give thanks for me finding of my chosen WOE as not that i am back OP i am feeling good again

Needless to say i have been 3 days OP i am just starting to feel energised and good about how things are going, even if my dog ended up in dog jail and 50$ to break him out, even with DH taking the car on sunday and leaving me with 5 kids 2 of them working different schedules me working OT and boys have to be picked up by a certain time 5 PM and swim team and katie in basket ball cheerleading and haveing to be picked up too. and he kids new car (old) just got fixed and is broke down on the side of the road! leaving me to do this with one car!!!!

I am OP and feeling good!!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 05:29 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

What a cool thread!

I give thanks that I am healthy, employed and able to pay my bills on time.

I give thanks that each day even a bad day is a good day

that I have family that loves me

that I have DH even when I want to choke the life out of him

that I can do anything if I chose to.

Not having the best OP week

PMS caved to cake and candy yesterday
No work out at all

Hey Sue sounds like things are improving for you

Still waiting for the abstract to be updated for the house so we are holding

Hello eveyone else!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:35 AM   #3  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello Everyone....Sorry I have been MIA for a few days...

I am thankful for my children...even though there are days when I want to give them away.

I am thankful for my family...even though they make me want to run away from home.

I am thankful for my friends...They keep me going...

I am thankful for my friends here at 3 fat chicks...You guys keep me grounded.

I am thankful for my job...even though my students drive me crazy. I am thankful that I can see that I am teaching them something, and I am thankful that they are such wonderful kids, who are willing to learn.

I am thankful for my weight loss...I am healthier, more flexible, more athletic, I can walk stairs without feeling like my heart is going to explode.

I am thankful for the changes in my life. I am thankful for finding me again.

Okay Kina....Diet Fuel. It's wonderful stuff. The directions say to take 1-3 pills before every meal, not to exceed 9 pills in a day. Well I just take 2 pills in the morning, and it helps me out all day long. It helps give you energy. It helps squash cravings. That is the biggest reason I take it...the cravings. I am not sure it will do the same for you, but it really helps me. It is also cheap...I get a months supply for about $13. That's at the expensive drug store.

That is nice to hear about your aunt's (& Dh's) success. I am jealous. I will say that kind of success is possible. I lost 32 pounds in less than 3 months. If she is dedicated to her plan, it is possible.

As for me, I have not been doing so well. Walking challenge has started, and I set my goal at 50 miles. I upped it because on the elliptical, I can run 3 miles in 30 minutes...can't do that on the open road....is much harder. I have been slacking on working out. Did nothing all last weekend. Monday was a bust too. I did some crunches. Tuesday I did 3 miles on the elliptical , and wednesday I did a 20 minute pilates/ yoga tape. Got to get the focus back on me...Ever since the wreck it has been harder for me to stay focused. Not a good thing with Thanksgiving 2 weeks away. this is the season to become a and I will not allow myself to back slide.

I am drinking water this morning.... That is good....If I could cut out the Pop, weight loss would be easier. But it is an addiction...

Kids still have a huge tin of Halloween candy. All I have eaten out of it are tootsie rolls. Don't get the cravings for the real chocolate anymore...it is a blessing

Sue, It sounds like you have alot going on...

Pat, be patient with the house. It is coming.
Pam, where are ya?

Have a great Friday!
Old 11-19-2002, 08:26 AM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

Hello all....Where did you go?

I've been gone awhile and things have been very dark for me. I have been very sad...depressed...

Why are things this way? It's just not like me.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:07 PM   #5  
gbo

Well just as I was getting back my spine went to Jamaca without me! I have been unable to sit for quite a while. I am finally better.
Melody what is wrong my love? Why are you feeling so down? You are doing so well and life will improve for you, honestly. Take care all I will be back in swing shortly. Love you .
Pam
Old 11-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #6  
gbo

Talk about being MIA........ LOL well, you wouldn't believe it. First a couple of weeks of sleep literally. Yes nearly 24-7 for two weeks of uncontrolable sleep. This was followed by a week of pseudo tumor attacks and just when I started to get human again, my back left for parts unknown without so much as a see ya!!!! Still, I am nearing a semblance of "normal" and a all will have to put up with me yet again. And you thought you had seen the last of me...HA ,HA! Never my Dears Never!!!!!!!!
The good news is our income is nearly normal again and life goes on. Hubby has laid new wood flooring in our hallway which was sorely needed and that old worn out carpet is no more. I have been cooking (as usual) in preparation of Hubbys family coming this Sunday. So Thanksgiving we are having a tad early. The stuffing is made and ready to go from freezer to oven. So is the fresh bread and pumpkin bread as well. The French Onion soup I am making tomorrow and will be in the freezer ready to heat the even they arrive. In truth I do not want to spend the whole time cooking so I an doing as much ahead as possible. Two peach pies are in the freezer as well. Everyone shall have good stuff to enjoy. The pumpkin and pecan pies I will make the day before. I made 8 dozen peanut butter cookies a little over a week ago thinking we would have a few left but I doubt it ,Hubby has made short work of them. You all would have laughed lke crazy if you had seen me cooking looking for all the world like the hunchback of Notre Dame!!!!! Pain pills got me through. Tom dropped by today so that was an added complicaton but such is life. It's not boring!!!!!!
The above is what I posted in the Hundred pound club, here I should like to add ............
I am thankful for everyday
for the strength to face every challenge
for the friends and family whom I love and love me
For a faithful God I can turn to when my own strength fails
and for being who I am flawed and imperfect
For the sun that warms me
the cold that allows me to snuggle down under my comforter
the children of the fur that always surrounds me in total love and acceptance
and to all of you who always stand ready to hold me up when I stumble.
Pam
Old 11-20-2002, 08:44 AM   #7  
Muscle Mommy

Pam, That was so beautiful!!! I hope the back gets well soon!!! ((((HUGS))))

PAt...Where are you? You are the glue that has been holding us together, and you have vanished??? I am worried....Check in if you can. I hope you are MIA because of a house....

Sue...How are you darling?? Keeping your sanity I hope.

Myself, I am better. Not back to my optimistic self, nut not as ready to just curl up and lay in bed for days. I am going to try to work out tonight. My knee seems better...maybe run a little. I jogged to my car earlier, and not even a peep out of my knee. I love it!

Kina Where are you???

Love to you all- Melody
Old 11-20-2002, 07:57 PM   #8  

Hello everyone!!!
I know I have b een MIA....just been busy with kids schedules and working full time still and starting a side business(a goldmine actually, I plan to RETIRE this time next year!!!)

I havent been on program but I havent pigged out either..actually I have maintained so I guess that is good...I plan on getting right back at it after Thanksgiving...I am having 20 people over to my house for thanksgiving so I have been busy getting things ready for that also...

Glad to see everyone still going strong.....I will try to catch up and read back posts so I will be up to snuff with everything...

Talk about giving Thanks::::

All I can say;; is that I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!!! AND GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SURE....
My baby sis went in for surgery and 2 nights after her surgery the hospital called the family up at 3:30 AM....not a good thing!!!

My sis was dying..her oxygen level dropped to 39 and there was a blood clot in her heart....

I have never seen or heard of so many prayers sent her way..people that didnt even know her had prayer chains going at different churches in our town....unbelievable!!! THE POWER OF PRAYER!!!! HER doctor still tells her he cant believe he is talking to her...that it is a miracle she survived because they (the doctors) really didnt think she was going to survive.....they had to put her on life support

That was 2 weeks ago and she is still with us, off life support. she was on that for a week...... Yes, she had many guardian angels watching over her and us...... My outlook on life and my faith definetly is stronger than ever!!!!!

Take care everyone and I promise I will post more often cuz I SURE HAVE MISSED YOU ALL and everyones support and friendship!!!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 08:07 PM   #9  

OOOPS!!!!

I FORGOT TO SAY " WELCOME KINA".....I AM DEFINTELY GOING TO NEED YOUR MOTIVATION TO GET ME BACK ON TRACK SO HANG WITH US......
Old 11-21-2002, 06:11 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

HI,
Will be back to be more wordy
Old 11-22-2002, 09:25 AM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

Hello All!

Terri I am glad to hear from you. I am so glad that your sis pulled through. I will keep her in my prayers...

My Great aunt passed away last night. My Mom & sister are really taking it hard.

I will return when I have more time to type at you...
Old 11-24-2002, 05:52 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Hello all,

My it has been quiet.
Hope to have aclosing date this week. God willing. I have been packing and cleaning.

food plan has been right out the window. I couldn't get to my exercise room if my life depended on it. Do better when I am at work. Sort of.

Well
Hello Terri, Sounds liek you have experienced a miricle. What was wron g with your sister to start with? What type of business ahev you started? When you get a minute fill us in. I hope your sister continues to improve. Enjoy your Thankgiving

Hey Kina How are you , are you still out there? check in when you can

Pam, My dear how are you? I miss you so when you are gone and know when you are gone you usually aren't weel. How is your mother? I am glad teh $ woes are less. DOn't over due it this weekend.

Sue How goes it with you? We miss it when you aren't here. How are thinsg? Carb ****. haven't seen you there as I have gone thru the door way again. UGH.

Melody Iam sorry for your loss. hope you are holding up. Are they holidays dragging you down. Take acre my friend.
Hey Lee, hope you lurk now and then.
And my dear Dana you are sorely missed!

I hope I havene't missed any one
Old 11-25-2002, 08:55 AM   #13  
Muscle Mommy

Well things are crazy here as always.

My Aunt's funeral is today. I will be leaving in about an hour to go to it.

My family is driving me crazy! We used to be so close. Now it seems like we are getting pulled in opposite directions. One thing that is driving me crazy is how EVERYONE fights over my children. If I haven't gotten home from work yet, my sisters will take my children without even asking me if it okay! Then if I have plans with my own children, and They want to do something with them, they get mad if I say no...it is driving me insane. When I wasn't living at Mom's it wasn't like this. I don't know why it is now that I am back there. It is really getting on my last nerve. I gotta find my own place to live.

Well enough venting about that.

I have not been a bit OP. This weekend my arthritis was so bad all I did was lay around. Gotta get back OP!

I hope everyone is okay. I will check in tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:27 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well for the most part i have been slightly OP. I am sorry i have not been there for all of you.

Terri prayrs for your sister are being sent. she still has a hard battle to fight but glad that things are looking up!!

Pat hope that the date is set. let us know!!! and the doors to carb **** are still open and calling me i last for 2-3 days then work gets to me and i fall for a day ro two!! then get back up and get going strong for another day or two!!

Kina come back!!! it is hard to get up and the longer you stay away the harder it is to survive!!! Please come back!!

Dana it has been almost a year!! I know you still read every once in a while so come back hon we all are struguling here and we need your strong sence of goals to bring us back to focus!!! I have pink duct tape!!!! and even some camo duct tape too!!!

melody i can finally understand some of the pain of the arthritis. my hands have been hurting me badly from my raynauds and carpel tunnel. it hurts to type!!! My heart to you and your family for the loss of your aunt. and Stand up for your kids lay down the line for them and tell them that they do need to ask you if it is ok to take them as when you move out they will not be there to take them all the time!! and they how would the kids feel to be left like that! and some times the kids need to have quiet time with their mommy to remain a family during this time of upheaval. the constant and structure is what they need and running them all over the place is not good for them to keep the structure in their lives!!! (how is that for amunition!)

well hang in there girls i am here and just having a hard time balancing life right now but it is comming slowly!!
Old 11-27-2002, 08:34 PM   #15  
gbo

Hello My Darlin's!!!! Well after the sleeping jag and three day's down with my back.....I came back in force!!!!! Thank God , because my Mom and brother in law came to visit and have an early Thanksgiving.I made a huge pan of giblet dressing and froze it the week before(when I was playing the Hunch Back) and made 30 restuffed potatoes and froze them made my bread dough and froze it, bought one Schwan's peach pie which is to die for, made one pecan pie, one pumpkin, fresh homemade whipped cream,candies sweet potatoes with Mandrain oranges and pineapple slices topping it, broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce and so we had quite a spread. Do you know what when I made onion soup for the night they arrived I made extra for Mom to take back home and restuffs too. I used 25 lbs of onions and sent back well over a gallon of soup!!! Besides that, I have worked for 5 days 16 hours a day to whip this house in shape and get rid of, store and whatever else long needed doing! Cleaned all the chandeliers, the silver and brass and kids I am resting today!!!!! Probably will take it easy for a couple of days except for cooking for Hubby and Mom. We had a great time and teared up badly when they left. It took me three marriages to get GREAT AND WONDERFUL IN LAWS but, I finally did. Mom made my millinium when she came in and raved about how I looked. My brother in law looked stunned. Now I feel the weight loss and that is really cool. I am stuck at my present weight but so far I have remained the same. I have been careful. I can't seem to get the scale to move down right now no matter how good I am but I am not complaining. It has been quite a while since I have been stuck and after all in four more pounds I will have made 90 lbs gone. Of course I am straining at the bit to reach 100 but I guess the old body has a right to stall and adjust for a SHORT time! LOL
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love to you all.
Pam
Closed Thread