Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #16  
RosieKate

PS - I decided that I am going to exercise everyday for Lent..did this last year and it felt great - it really helped me focus on healthy goals. Maybe I'll burn off the cookies :P
Old 02-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hola

Hello all,

Checking in. No real news here. I interviewed with a staffing place yesterday. Figured maybe they can help me find a job faster.

Yesterday we had a heat wave it got up to about 40 degrees! lol. After my interview, I felt absolutely HORRIBLE! My chest felt all congested and I could not breathe, I was extremely hot , took off my coat and had the window down on the way home.

Came home, took some Nyquil and laid down on the futon and totally crashed. My chest felt better when I woke up but I still felt horrible when I first woke up lastnight. (been on a nightshift schedule since DH works it) and was totally FREEZING all night long. I found my electric blanky so had that on most the night plus my long sleeved jammies + a sweatshirt. Now for me that is extreme because I am never ever cold. So I must have had a fever or something. Took some Dayquil and a few hours later I felt better. So gonna get ready to take some Nyquil and hit the hay soon.

Oh went out yesterday to start my car and it wouldn't start, the battery was dead. DH figured he left the door ajar and the battery drained when he went to clean the car off and start it up the other day.

So went to the car dealer and borrowed a jumper box and brought the car in and they hooked it up to the machine, good thing they did, the alternator is bad. They will replace it, cars still under warranty and all that. Said the part takes a few days to come in but they charged the battery and said its fine to drive. They even put in my "winter floor mats" for me that I've been harping and harping for my DH to do. So YAY. Now it just needs cleaned inside and out. Maybe I can get them to do that too you never know! hee hee.

Well take care and stay warm!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #18  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sassy..hope you are feeling better today.
Katy...You GO! Exercising is my downfall..as usual. You, once again, have chosen lots of "punishment."

Nothing new here...sweeping, dusting and cleaning bathrooms this morning. Not too entertaining.
BUT...life is good.

Hope you all have a wonderful week-end and have some FUN.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #19  
ugggg.....

I ordered my Elliptical Online...will be send to the store (free shipping!!) to be picked up March 11. Can't wait!!! Began drinking water again--NO SODA!! Hubby taking prednisone for his gout (a steroid) makes him grumpy and easily irritated. I may take Dominic and get out of the house a little while today.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

I still don't know what an Elliptical is

will it take care of arm flab Jules?? I need to take care of my arm flap asap. I shake out sheets and I see the loose skin flapping around, so unattractive!! lol

I am here- sorry to be MIA, the collge computer I use in the morning freezes up on the 3fc site, never can get in.

Katy - you're so good, exercising during Lent. I thought of you & L last night when I went into OB longe and there was boxes and boxes of Girl Scout cookie, almost had a heart attack. haha, they look so good.

Jules- Beck has been w/ her bf for 15 months, they made up last Monday, thank ggodness, it was too sad listening to her cry and just lay in bed looking at her cell for textes. Anyway all is well w/ young love.

Sassy - good luck on the job hunt!

Cristina - got the lawn mowed, mower started up on the first pull, love the smell of cut grass. I think Momo the kitty is allergic though because his eye is all weepy.

Sue- what are you doing for fun??

I think after work I will take Gaby to see Fantastic Mr Fox, finally has arrived here on the coast. WI was 155, surprised because I ate 1/2 a bag of pita chips last night, they were soooo good.

better get back to work!!!! chat later
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #21  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

My FUN day so far....Laundry (it never ends) fixed egg sandwiches for breakfast, tried to download some songs for DH's mp3...grrr..didn't work, made a pan of brownies, showered and washed my hair.

We are going to play cards tonight with family...for FUN..that is what the brownies are for.

Having a hard time getting back in the routine here. I was just so tired all week I had to take time for naps...not a usual thing for me. I hope I am back in line now. I will weigh Monday...ugh.

Jules, Great on the elliptical. Hope you like it. I still want a bike for indoors, but no where to put it.

Susan- Step away from the GS cookies. (who am I to talk, I made brownies for pete's sake!)
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #22  
ugggg.....

Here's the elliptical I ordered...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym...#ProductDetail

the main complaint is how hard it is to put together...I live with a machinist/mechanic so problem solved.

speaking of hubby...he's calling!!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #23  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--I hope it gets rid of all over flab!! Poor Beck...young love bites sometimes. I thought they had been together for a while. Wasn't her friend dating his friend or something like that??? How is Rach doing with the whole Utah thing? I would love to be able to mow grass.

SUe--Teri got me a Ipod nano, I can charge it on my computer but I need upgrades to downlaod songs. I am afraid to give it to her to put some on at her house since she lost the last mp3 player I gave her. My brother has a tread mill but the elliptical was the one I enjoyed when I went to the gym. The bike and my bad knee don't get along.

well I guess I am off again...need coffee!! Hi to everyone else!!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #24  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

A day off from work! Finally on a computer that won't freeze on the 3fc site, the one I usually use won't let me in

Jules- thanks for the picture of the elliptical, looks painful. lol -jk. Becky had a bf named Will, they went out over a yr and her best friend and his also went out together at the same time. Now B is dating Jordan.....Olivia has a bf too. These kids (I think) should be out having fun, not sure why theyget into long term relationships so soon. But I like Jordan and his family is a good one, B spends a lot of time w/ them.
Rachel is a mess, in Utah or Oregon, that kid will just not listen to anyone. Determined to do it her way and is miserable in the process. So, what can you do????

I am going to enjoy my 6 hrs without Gaby today. Work is ok, I was invited to a dinner next Saturday (Chinese) w/ some co workers, I guess I will go....I need to get out more

chat more later!! Hope you all are well, WI was 154.2
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #25  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday, all!

Thought I had posted but guess I just came and lurked, and read. Sometimes just don't feel I have anything to contribute so don't say anything.

JULES...yay on the elliptical! I've been wanting one forever! Those things are killers for sure!

SUE...I'm finding it hard as well. Bet you are missing San Diego.

SUSAN...I agree...we all need a social life. You do so much for the kids and I think we tend to always put them first. Have fun eating out with the co-workers! And quit rubbing it in about mowing, lol.

I keep plugging along and refuse to quit.My mantra this week is No more excuses! Actually did get in 4 days of exercise last week and aiming for 5 this week but longer workouts. So far today I did my WATP SLim and Thin and going to do another dvd, 45 mins. and call it good. Didn't get to the mall to walk this morning because it is so cold and the roads were a little messy. Don't like taking the baby out in it so much. But I miss my walking. I cannot wait until spring when I can finally get outside an walk. Anyway...

Hello to everyone else Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and week ahead!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #26  
ugggg.....

Cristina---yay on the exercise!! You go!! I am excited about the elliptical.

Susan--Teri didn't date until she met Marshall. Ry always had girlfriends. Going out for Chinese sounds good. Have fun. Is Gaby's dad still getting her some??

well...gotta go help hubby...
Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #27  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jules~I may just buy that elliptical. I've been looking to buy one. You'll have to let me know how it is. Although, I may just buy it next month. I found a dress to wear to the ball, so that's money I can use towards the elliptical.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JULES...how did the moving your dad go, that was this past weekend right? How's little Dominic? Getting bigger every day...they grow too fast!

FRANCIE...when is your ball? Sounds like lots of fun! How are you liking Curves?

Not a lot going on, well, sort of, lol. I got up as usual to start my day and Josh called to let me know Char was staying home with the baby. Cambrie had the H1N1 shot last week at school and is sick, or was. She was better yesterday but today, rather yesterday everyone else in that house had it. Hope that's not what it is, sure it's not but she is sick a lot...Cambrie, not baby. Anyway...I stayed up anyway to get things done so today has been a very productive day and it's not over yet!

My body is aching from the exercise but I am glad I've been getting it done. Overall I do feel better. Walked the last two days at the mall and will again Friday (tomorrow I have things to do so) so 3 days of walking is good. I've done dvd's as well and on the days I didn't walk I did a longer dvd to make up for the walk. I'm not making any excuses anymore! Anyway...

Going to go get some reading done now. I have the rest of the book I am reading to finish and then another I want to get read before Sunday, the last day of the month. I made a goal/challenge to read 60 or was it 50 this year, lol...can't even remember but keeping track of it on goodreads so...

Have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

Cristina--moving is this weekend...if we don't get freezing rain and snow I need to go over tomorrow night. I was going to go over monday night when my stepsister went to pack up her hutch and the dish set that was to go to her, but I ended up with a headache. He's really reminding me why I haven't had a relationship with him in years....I forgot how manipulative and foul mouthed he can be. My brother, mother and husband are ready to "talk" to him about how he treats me and the way he talks to me.

Francie--I will let you know about the elliptical when it comes. I opted for the free shipping to the store so I won't get it for a few weeks yet. I am really excited, Ditto Cristina...How's the Curves place??

well I am so tired.. I am going to watch Jeopardy with hubby and maybe just go to bed....
Old 02-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #30  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

peek-a-boo!

I finally remembered to come back on here....since I stopped getting the emails when I would post on the site.

I am sure that every one knows the latest on us from facebook....but if not, let me know and I will fill you in!

I have the most horrendous heartburn but I am starving! and I know I shouldn't be eating right now, but like I said, I am starving!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote