Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #91  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sassy- Hope you hear from the staffing lady today. Good luck.
For some reason I can not right click on someone's photos in Facebook and "lift" them anymore. Worked last week..doesn't work this week. Craziness. And the girls put all of Mason's latest on there.
Sunny day here so I have lots I need to do. I did Spring clean the master BR yesterday. Even managed to get rid of a few things I had taking up space. My dresser top looks bare, but I am tired of dusting knick-knacks.

The neighbor kids are selling lemonade already. They came to the door and asked DH if he wanted some and he told them he was just eating breakfast. He said he will buy some when he is out working in the yard. I better put a quarter in my pocket when I take my walk.

Not much happening here. Just yard work today....I have had a back ache, so put off the bending and lifting, but I HAVE to get out there today. I have lillies coming up all over and lots of irises.

Have a good day ladies and an even better week-end.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #92  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

SASSY...have you heard anything yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

SUE...I've not tried to take pictures (usually do from son or Char) but haven't in a while so...maybe if they tag you in the picture, or you can tag yourself. That will put it on your FB and then maybe you can save it that way??? I need to get out and do yard work but I am just not into it for some reason.

Nothing new on my end...same old stuff, different day...laundry, watching baby, walking. Not been consistent with the workout dvd's but I am with the morning walks. Love walking at the mall because I don't have to deal with this stupid wind and...I get it done early! I am eating right as well but I feel soooo bloated and fat! UGH!

Hoping all is well with everyone, take care
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #93  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola Mi Amigas!

Wow another Sunny Day!!! We are so blessed, I know!

Well I heard from the Staffing Place Finally about 4 hours later! UGH! The lady who was in the position before decided to stay so there is no position open anymore. But she said she'd call me if any other positions open up that I'm qualified for! Haven't heard from the Drs office yet. My friend said I should call them today and give them my references since I didn't give them any to see maybe if I can see what is up. I hate waiting. Is it too much to just call or even send an email saying, "You suck, we chose someone else" or whatever???!! At least the staffing place called!!!

Yesterday went to my friends and hung out a little bit, enjoyed a bit of sun. My one friend got half-burned. lmao Too Funny. Just the way she was standing pushing my friends toddler in the swing she only got half burned. hee hee. Today I'm supposed to go with my friend to get her daughters new puppy. I use puppy very loosely since the dog is already huge, its a Doberman Pincher. So she has asked me to drive our Dodge Durango to go and get it, she has a crate for it. Haven't heard from her yet though. She might be taking a Siesta since she worked lastnight.

Sue -- Hmmmm that is weird. Unless you or they have changed their settings or something? Not sure what else to tell ya. Maybe have them email the pics to you?? My poor Peonies are coming back after the moronic Landlord Mowed them down! Will they ever bloom again once they grow??? Grrrr I could have killed him for that they were so pretty! But I guess technically they are HIS Peonies..... lol.

Cristina -- I am doing laundry too. YAY. lol. I feel the same, very fat and very bloated. Its like someone could let some air out of me or something. lol. Wouldn't it be great if it were that easy??? lmao!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #94  
I can dream, can't I?

Sassy...to reassure you about the peonies...I cut mine down every year, so he did the right thing. They come back ...

Old 04-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #95  
~Believe~

Hola Amigas!

Happy Rainy Saturday! The wind has been blowing and now its raining! Perfect sleeping weather in which I plan on doing because I only got 3 hours sleep lastnight/early early this morning. I baby sat for my friend and then DH and I ran to the grocery so we got in late than met my mom and her boyfriend for breakfast early this morning + our drs appointments (who knew drs saw patients for regular visits on Saturdays!!!???)

Anywho went to the dr, NOT happy about my WEIGHT. I dunno if their scale is off or if its mine, but I'm guessing its probably mine since its a drs office but theirs is always WAY more than what mine says and our scale is not old. Its a digital, about 2 yrs old? The drs office also is digital.

But regardless I need a drastic change! I am FED UP with myself! I need discipline! I am thinking of starting Atkins or maybe the PCOS Diet. But I am just so sick of this yo-yo weight going up and down thing. I want it to go down and STAY down!!! FOR GOOD! I'm a pathetic pile of fat! Seriously! Since I have been unemployed I have not been disciplined at all and that is not a good thing for me. If I don't stay in check, I go down hill and FAST!

Anywho..........Thats that. HA!

Sue -- THANKS! I'm so glad! I LOVED the Peonies!!! They are SO beautiful and SO fragrant!!! Ok Gardens, like veggies and such, should we start planting now or wait or is it too late now or what?? Sorry I'm a black thumb........ lol.

Big to All!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-03-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #96  
I can dream, can't I?

Sassy.. I will tell you what I can remember. (we haven't done a garden for a few years) Potatoes, plant around Good Friday, so do it now. Tomatoes and green peppers, green beans, etc. seems like it was in mid May. I know we usually had everything in and going before Memorial Day. Same for flowering plants and such, we always had our yard done before the end of May. There are so many good sites to visit for plants, seeds and advice. I like Spring Hill nursery (to peruse pictures) and gardenguides.com. (for everything garden) I do still look every year.

Dreary day here too and I am going to curl up with an afghan and a book. Had a couple bad dreams last night and could not sleep so I might just take a nap......if I can.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #97  
~Believe~

Happy Easter Ya'All!

I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you! Its a pretty day here today.

Not much to say. I start school tomorrow.......... I know its good for me, but I don't wanna. lol. I'm perfectly happy with my rut I'm in! HA! Just joking! I know school will be good for me. This month is Human Diseases so should be pretty interesting.

I made an agreement with DH about exercise. We're doing kind of a competition. See who can exercise more and lose more, I know it will be him, but at least it will keep me motivated! lol. I have to do something before all my weight comes back and then some! Who would have thought that by not working at a SIT DOWN job I would gain so much weight, but when I was working, I couldn't eat non-stop at work, well I could I guess but well there are witnesses there and it'd be kinda tough. HA! So hopefully by getting out and going to school in the mornings that will help! I am gonna put myself on a routine and exercise everyday in some sort. I have to do it everyday or else I won't do it. I am beginning tomorrow since today is Easter and all.

Anywho enough about that. ha. I found a recipe for Mexican Turkey Burgers with Pico de Gallo that I thought sounded tasty, so I figured I'd share.

Sue -- Thank You so much for the info! We're not doing taters, just Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions, and cucumber. I'll check out those sites! I looked outside at my Peonies they are growing nicely. I need to go out there and weed though before it gets hairy. lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-04-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #98  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Dropping by to say HI!

Hoping everyone had a nice Easter. Ours was so-so...always drama with the DIL. I did good though and kept my mouth shut. Not sure if that was a good thing or not but I did. She was walking around sulking like a little kid and not wanting anyone to touch her baby...yeah, whatever. Can't deal with this stuff too much longer. THinking I will cut the Sunday dinner thing out for a while before I end up doing or saying something I shouldn't. Anyway...I asked them to come over for dinner this coming Sunday because my mother is coming to town tonight for a visit and it's V's birthday...after that no more for a while.

Went for my walk at the mall this morning. Yeah, I managed to get my arse up early even though I wasn't watching Lily today. Some school day for the teachers...thinking they just wanted a 4 day weekend, lol. Didn't get anymore exercise done unless you count running all over town looking for a bed exercise. Ended up getting a futon...hoping it is comfortable enough for her. My plan was to get one anyway to put in DS room...he plans on moving out May 15 *fingers crossed* lol...so that will end up the baby's room. Then I will have my living room back to normal. So with all the baby stuff really no room for a regular bed...was also thinking I may put my computer in there also so I don't have to come down the stairs...we'll see. Not sure what all will fit but I am going to love having that extra room.

SASSY...I have never had a garden so can't help ya there. Helped my parents when I was a teenager and we had one then but don't remember anything. Peonies are so pretty! Sorry about the job...hoping something good comes along soon! Good luck with school.

HIYA SUE...

And hello to everyone else, wherever you are

I weighed this morning and it wasn't good. Not really sure why either because honestly I did well with the food and exercise last week. Wonder if maybe I didn't eat enough??? Still plugging along though...and I hear ya SASSY! about yoyo dieting...get tired of it too!

Okay, guess I taked enough...happy Monday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 298/269.8/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! Your group name caught my attention...I am a kindergarten teacher! Is there room for one more?? I would like to join your chats! I am calorie counting...doing well so far (for one whole month that I have been serious about this plan!)
I enjoy walking outside this time of the year and seeing spring arrive in the new flowers and budding trees! I am on spring break this week! Hoping for nice weather all week!
saksn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #100  
I can dream, can't I?

Hello..May I be the first to welcome you to our little school yard. Jump in and "talk" to us any time you would like.

Hiya ladies.... Beautiful weather here the last few days although today is windy. I got groceries today and walked with hubby. Nothing major going on.
Yesterday was normal wash day. Then I had to take mom to the Dr. She had gotten sick over the week-end but we were able to stay away from the ER this time. Her Drs. office worked her in. More kidney problems, high fever and nausea. Hopefully she will do ok now until the stent removal and replacement next week. She is having lots of problems with her leg again too...sees that Dr. next Monday and hopefully can get an injection. Poor thing has had it rough, but the last 5 months after the stent have been pretty good.....until now.

DH and I went to his sister's house Easter for lunch. We didn't stay long since mom was at home alone, but it was a nice meal. I stayed away from Easter candy, then today bought a bag of marked down jelly beans. I am a sucker for a clearance. Egads!

WI was the same..still more than I wish for, but no one's fault but my own. If the wind dies down I will ride the bike after dinner...if not I am going to try for another walk. Gotta do something to keep moving.

Hope you all are having a wonderful, sunny week. Come out, come out....come out and play!!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #101  
kitty Momo

It's been awhile, I almost forgot my ID. lol

I am back to 160, surprised to see 163, makes me feel better, at least I didn't gain all the way back to that.
I am hoping to get to 150 by May 18th,maybe I can even try 145. I don't know,it's been a pain trying to keep stable.

anyway, at work so will chat more tomorrow.

and welcome saksn4
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 298/269.8/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! Thanks for the welcome! I have been losing small amounts daily; today I am down .8. It is a rainy day here today so I will do my WATP video or go walk inside the mall (and leave the wallet at home!)
saksn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #103  
kitty Momo

I smell like Murphys Soap, mopped my kitchen w/ it today. Cleaned in the basement for awhile,have the landlord coming in the morning to fix a window. I am not going to be there though, hate when people come barging in. He's hot to put the house up for sale so he is all fussy w/ repairs.
Did I say I wasn't renewing the lease in June?? I'm not,too expensive..... ,so when I come back from Hawaii on the May 25th I have to have everything ready to roll.And I did put a deposit on an apt already, so they'll hold it til June, which I thought was pretty decent. And the complex takes cats, made sure of that right up front. Poor Momo, he doesn't need drama like last time. haha
yada,yada.
Tonight is a teachers meeting w/ Gaby's teacher. I need to go buy her a lunch for daycare tomorrow, lucky dog gets a 4 day weekend, I get a 3!

anyway, better get. What classes are you taking Sassy???

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-07-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #104  
~Believe~

Hola

Well I got a call from the staffing lady! She had another job she thought of me about! She called me first!! So I went to get the drug test. Waited 2 hours to pee in a damn cup!!! LMAO!

Anywho its with a company that works with Construction and Contractors. They are an online preconstruction management service. I think they are kinda the IT side for Construction and Contractors? From what I can gather. Not really my area of expertise. lmao. But they are hiring Customer Service -- Call Center like I did before, but the pay is what I need $11 an hour and its close by. So what the hay not exactly what I want to do, but its money.
So we'll see. If I get it, its something in the interim until something better comes along.

Cristina -- Thanks. Yeah Peonies are so pretty. My mom always had them when I was growing up. The place I went to today for my drug test had the best smelling flowers. Reminded me of going to my Grandpas House as a kid, but I can't remember what they are called. They are White little flowers all together on one branch? I know my Grandpa had a BIG Bush of them at his farm but I can't for the life of me remember what they were! DAH! lol. *SUE* You got any idea????

Welcome saksn4!

Suzy Q -- My mom always used Murphys Soap when I was growin up. Yeah we was gonna move to a cheaper place too since I lost my job, but we have a pretty darn good deal here for our area. Most tiny little 2 bedroom apartments cost more and we have a 3 bedroom house + a huge back yard. So we decided to just stay. Hopefully my interview for this new job will pull through. Tired of worrying. We're not destitute but ya know those pesky bills just don't go away! HA! Big

Big everybody!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #105  
~Believe~

Talking Found The Flowers!!!

Was just looking online and I think I found what the flowers were by the drug screening place, Lilacs!! The pic of this one looks just like the one that was at my Grandpas Farm and the flowers look the same as I saw today and I will never forget that smell. Amazing how we can remember smells from our childhood???!! lol. Totally brought me back when I smelled them today!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-07-2010 at 04:48 PM.