Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 298/269.8/180

Height: 5'7"

Sassy-Thanks for the welcome. Lilacs do have a distinct smell! I remember the smell from my childhood too! My neighbors had a border of lilac bushes along the property line...nice when they bloomed!
My DH has been unemployed for 11 months. Finally in January he decided to do something about it and take classes at the local college. Now his company has called him back as a "contract" worker (full time hours, but no benefits). I am pushing for him to go back, but he is pushing to finish his classes first! UGH! Not sure how this one is going to go!!
saksn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #107  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hola Ladies Good News Good News!!!!

HOLA LADIES!

This is gonna be a short n' sweet (like me! HA!) Cuz I be tired.

But I got an interview in the morning with the place I took the drug test for! Its with the VP of Human Resources so I'm NERVOUS!!!!!!!!! Gotta step up my game on this interview!!!! I just want a flippin job already the whole interview job process thing is a pain in the rear! But I am very thankful to have interviews because I know so many are out of work!

Big to your hubby saksn4! I am a full time student now again myself but I have to have work too. If I got a job it would ease my mind so much!!! As I know most people who are out of work prob feel that way too!

Big to all! Keep all your crossables crossed for me pls! THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

Update: I got the Job!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-09-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #108  

Sending good vibes to Sassy!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #109  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Saturday! We have our sunshine back and my plants/flowers are growing like weeds...trouble is, so are the weeds. DH put "killer" around, so he wants me to wait until the first of the week to get out there in the yard and pull. (ant killer which has to be rained on and some weed killer too.)
Going to play cards tonight and to deliver the furniture DH made for our niece tomorrow. Next week is 2 Dr. visits for mom, one to get the stent replaced, so please pray for her that she comes through it as well as the last time. They never know how she will do under anesthetic.

Otherwise life just puts one foot in front of the other here.....what are you all up to?

saksn4- Again. welcome. Do you have a name you would like us to use, or just your sign-in? Sounds like you are doing good with calorie counting. Did you have good weather for Spring break? I will keep good thoughts for your hubby. When does he finish school? Do you teach full time? I know, so many questions. I am a retired mom, grandma and great-grandma. So, I have nothing more to do than be nosey.

Sassy- YAY...for the job. When do you start? Tell us what you will be doing. I am excited for you....

Susan- Read on FB that you will be moving after Hawaii. Hope it all goes smoothly. Sounds like it is time to get out of there if the Landlord and wife are such pains. Or maybe I am reading too much in to that...lol. (butt crack and all)

Cristina- Hope things are going better....less drama. Did your mother make it for her visit? I hope you are having a wonderful time and in a "Drama Free Zone." I certainly don't blame you for giving up the Sunday dinners for awhile. Less chance for...you know what..drama. LOL

Katy, Mindee, Jules, Kathy...Come out and play....Hope you are A-OK.

I haven't been doing well calorie counting, but still practicing portion control, which is a biggie for me. DH is a big eater and I have to just NOT emulate him. I get so wrapped up in mom and her health that I forget mine...I know it is a poor excuse, I am trying to change it. DH announced that he is OFF red meat due to his gout, so I am looking for lots of chicken, pork dishes. He likes fish, so had that twice last week...I hate fish, so that is a good time for me to have a salad and baked potato. Mom is not eating much at all, so I am trying to tempt her....she did eat a hamburger that I fixed her and asked for another the next night. She loves red meat, so yet another challenge. ha.. I can do it...I just have to plan, plan,plan.

Ya'll take care and I promise not to be so long winded next time.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #110  
~Believe~

Hola Ladies!

Well I got the job. Its for a co. called iSqft. They do IT for Construction and Contractors. I will be in the callcenter. Basically calling up Contractors and updating their info in the databases and basically making sure everything is hunky dory. lol.

Also DH and I went out today and I found + bought the 3 Fat Chicks Book! Also while out a woman commented that I looked good in my pink shirt. I know small minor comment but I'll take it. I never used to get comments except bad ones! HA! It just made me feel good.

Thanks saksn4

Sue -- my DH is a big eater too. Its tough for me. But I'm trying to cut back. Maybe the 3 Fat Chick book will help me. I love Tilapia its not quite as "fishy" and quite tasty. We bought some yummy Chicken "Burgers" at Costco today they were yummo (they had samples). Also does your hubby like seafood? Turkey? I do have a crockpot chicken recipe I can find for ya if you want. I wish you all the best as I know its tough!

Big to all!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-10-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #111  

Sue-Thanks for the welcome again! You can use my first name which is Anne, or my screen name.
My husband will be finished with school in spring 2011. That seems so far away!! His former employer called him back with an offer to come back as a contract worker. I am pushing for him to work, but he wants to finish school. So we are battling back and forth on this issue!
I am a full time kindergarten teacher~in a full day kindergarten classroom. This year's class is very challenging!! Some days are better than others!! Spring break was nice! We had a couple of good weather days, and a couple of cool and rainy days! I do like when Easter is later in the month, so spring break is later with nicer weather! I return to work tomorrow but there are less than 38 days of school left until summer break! woohoo! I need to work with the music teacher and plan the kindergarten graduation! That is the last big event of our year! Like a grand finale!
I hope everyone is doing well! I do enjoy my time here!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #112  
kitty Momo

Welcome again Anne Sounds like you have a very rewarding job!

Sassy - yay, congrats on your job!

Sue - I knew the first month I wasn't going to renew, she is horrid/rude and the more communication now I have with her is going to put me in my grave. I do not like either of them. If they are going to be landlords at least know the lease. I am trying to get out alive. lol

So dramatic.

I lost some! If I could just cut out the munchies, I think I would be ok.....

sorry for the quickie, have to go salad shopping.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #113  
~Believe~

Thanks for the congrats, Susan, GL on the move to Hawaii! Sorry to hear about your rude landlord!

Take care.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-11-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #114  
RosieKate

HI everyone! Gone , but not forgotten, lol! I am back up to 178, and trying to focus on a new day, a new week...and just stick to the food plan. I've been busy getting set up in the ESL classroom for my practicum teaching. I had my big 4 hour licensure exam on Saturday, AND I am being observed on Wednesday. Oh, and I went to the job fair. No jobs , no surprise there, but I did get a screening interview with our big district, and I talked to many administrators, so :fingerscrossed:

Sassy- COngrats on the job!

Susan - yay for the new apartment - not too long to wait, either...just hang in there!

Anne - Welcome! The more the merrier...sounds like you are dong a good job with your plan. I like kindergarten, I enjoyed helping out in my kids' kindy classes. I am a SAHM - a former teacher who is getting a new credential hoping to work part time or sub in the next school year

Hi to Sue, Cristina, Jules, Mindee and Kathy

I need to get back to my Monday WI...today's wasn't so good, but I am getting it together
Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #115  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday!

Anne! Nice to meet you and look forwarding to getting to know you.

SUSAN...I really need to go to everyone's FB page because I didn't know you were moving! Don't want to be a stalker, lol. Hawaii vacation will be here before you know it!

SUE...yes my mother made it. She was supposed to stay this week also but her real kids need her. Well, my nephew...they call and she goes running. I told her she needs to think of herself for once and put herself first. She is too old to be carrying them anymore. Anyway...and I wish there could be a drama free day with you know who but there never will be I am afraid...it continue's. But on a lighter note...no more Sunday dinners for a while after yesterday. How is your mom doing? I need to get out and do some yard work but just not into anymore. Told the hubby I am not going to be a slave to the yard any longer. Don't even want to put flowers in pots, will probably just throw them away.

SASSY...glad you got the job! Woohoo

Hiya Katy

Went for my walk at the mall as usual. Did good last week and walked 6 days. My mother likes to walk as well so me and daughter walked the mall at 7'ish in the morning and then I walked some with her in the afternoon. Today though is the first 60 minute walk at the mall and we are going to continue with that. Then I'll come home and do a dvd. Couldn't do any dvd's this past week because we set up my mom in the basement and I didn't want to intrude. Getting ready to do a dvd...LS Sculpt and Burn and then some weights...miss doing that. I hate squats and lunges but it feels good when I do it. Anyway...eating is so-so...I didn't gain so I guess that's good. I didn't lose anything either but hey, I didn't gain anything. Working harder on it this week for sure. Anywho...

Have a wonderful Monday ladies! Hugs to all
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #116  
~Believe~

Howdy ya'all.

Well got some not so great news today. Seems my class I'm currently in now is NOT offered at night. So I either have to drop or not start my new job. I called the staffing place and she called the co. She said they said they do not want me to drop but the lady she talked too had to speak with the manager, that was several hours ago and I haven't heard nothing yet.

I know its just a minor *snaffoo* but still bugs me because my admission rep that I talked too yesterday assured me it would be all fine and dandy. He LIED. He is USELESS. All he had to do was say, "well let me look into that for you." Then walk over to Student Services (where he walked me to this morning) and ask them if my class was indeed offered at night. They would have told him no, its not. Then he could have told me then so that now I do not look like a complete idiot!

My advisor really thinks that the co. sounds like they will work with me on it and is willing to write a letter or email or whatever it takes so I do not have to drop. I know its only been one week in this class but in that time I've done quite a bit of work because my teacher is on a flippin power trip and bogs us down with crap to do. Yes I know its college, but geez woman!!!!!

I've done more in this one week for this class than I have for two classes I've had before! So I honestly do not want to just throw that work away. Plus its really not MY fault that this class is not offered at night. I'm just at that point where I'm about to get really p.oed and they are not gonna like it. And this extra little stress makes me extra emotional because a friend of mine goes on my facebook and tags all the pictures of herself that I just posted, even ones she is not in and does not even make one single comment! GRRRRR! That irks me for some reason! WHY?! Thats totally ridiculous but it does!!!!!!!! Why make ALL that effort and you can't make ONE single tiny comment!!!????

I just wanna go on a deserted island that has lots of liquor on it!!!! Any takers???!!! lol. Seriously. I just want a flippin break! I know my life is not SO awful, but come on people I've been working hard here and where does it get me? NOWHERE! While others just cruise along in life and get away with every freakin thing!! UGH!

At any rate I got some exercise in. I went outside to try to hang up my new bird feeder I got but I am too dang short to hang it. But the stupid landlord picked up sticks in the yard and put them in our garbage can so now there is trash bags layered on top because he has it so full of sticks, but did NOT pick up the sticks off the deck! So I did it and there were a lot from the storms we've had. But I did work up a sweat and got winded so yes I'm counting it as exercise. lol.

Sorry I am in a mood. I dunno I sometimes just wish I could win the lotto and say screw it all!! LMAO But Then I'd eventually get FATTER and I'm sure much LAZIER and just become one of those stories you see on the news where they have to remove a freakin wall to get me out of my house! Well if I get to that point, just do what they did in Gilbert Grape at the end of the movie!! I won't give away the ending in case someone hasn't seen it but thats what I want!! lol.

Ok enough of the episode of "poor sad sassy" I know by now you all wanna "switch the station" lol. If you have made it this far, lemme know and I will send you an iheart on facebook! lol. If you are not my friend on facebook, well I guess your not one of the luckiest people in the world! HA! That is a joke. Your supposed to laugh. lol. Nah if you want me as a friend on there, just pm me.

I am sending extra extra
and one BIG GIANT because I am sure someone out there needs it, I know I freakin do!!! LOL!!

Just a little added note. I called the staffing place just to see if they have heard anything and maybe just forgotten to give me a ring, which is rare they are really good at communicating with me. But nope haven't heard anything, she is going to call in the morning. UGH. So now I have to go ALL night long worrying. Gee Thanks. lol.

I wanna go out and do something, but I don't know what to do because I'm alone. DH is sleeping because he has to work tonight and I'm kinda miffed at my friend right now so not really in the mood for her. My other friend is either with that friend or out with her significant other. Only option is go out alone or ask my guy friend who annoys the heck out of me. lmao.

I just really want to EAT and I want to try to avoid doing that if at all possible. Well thanks for listening.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-12-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #117  
kitty Momo

Hi,
Off to work, so a quicky!
Oh, never wrote on FB about moving, I think that was only here???? I am confused.
Sassy- silly chickie, I am not moving to Hawaii! I am going for a week, I have to come back. lol
Great to see Cristina & Katy!
I better get, I hate this shift, I don't know why I volunteered. Want to take Gabster to the daycare so I get to see her for a few minutes.

chat later
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #118  
~Believe~

Morning

Just wanted to pop in and tell you all that the staffing place called and the job is ok with me going to school and working part time for them for the last couple weeks until this class is over with. Phew. What a relief!!!

Susan -- oh my bad. lol. oh well enjoy your vacation!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #119  
kitty Momo

Don't worry Sassy, I was kind of excited to read I was moving to Hawaii....until I realized I have a ticket to come back to the mainland in a week, Bummer. haha Good news on your classes, I am happy it worked out for you,sorry you had to wait for an answer.
Reminds me of calling the IRS last week and checking on my add child tax form, I guess I made a mistake on the original filling and was sent a letter saying I could qualify for more refund. Yada,yada. So, after 4 weeks I called to see if they got my forms and she said no,nothing yet. Called yesterday and he said ya, received them 3/18, should be getting processed soon, had me wait on the line while he checked it out to make sure it looked ok....since he could see what I filed on the computer. Yada,yada. anyway.....I guess my point is it depends on who you get for customer service. Like I called the complex I am moving to and asked when I could see the apt(( because I saw another one when I took a tour of the place)) he replies "it looks the same as the one you saw"....*eyes roll*...I want to see MINE, I want to see the view and I want to see the carpet color.....lol. like pulling teeth.

pfft. I have to get. I worked til 11:30 last night and have a quick turn around for my next shift. I feel pretty good though. And I lost another pound!

Hi to everyone

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-13-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #120  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Tuesday....It is sunny and warm here, although I have not been able to enjoy it. I will go walk in a bit.

Mom had the stent replacement today and it went super well. She is resting now and trying to get the strong meds out of her system. Her heart did not act up at all, which has always been the possibility with her condition. We are both tired...so might be nap time. Awakened at 4 a.m. and had to be at the hospital early. It is always such a lonnnnnggggg process and the chairs are so un-comfortable, so I end up walking around the hospital. She was in recovery for quite awhile and just as I was getting ready to storm the joint they brought her back. LOL (Really, they are good about telling me what is going on, but it just seemed too long to me.)

DH went to play cards yesterday and just called to say he is on his way home. I am so bad...I told him he better eat before he gets home because I am not cooking.

Will check back in later....or if I don't ya'll have a Happy Hump day tomorrow.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote