Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MELLIE...Dang nabit. Get those eyes to working right. Curses. Cause I love your posts. Feel better my sista!

CHELLE.....One pound up, not so bad. We will kick that in the arse starting Monday, so put on your chit kickers. Shaddie has been our inspiration for the past couple of weeks or so. All the working and losing...we need to get onto to her regimine. I do eat a lot of spinach salads. Heck I even buy spinach for salads rather than lettuce types. I get a B12 shot every month and take iron pills. PLUS I haven't had a period since August 19th. Baffles me! They said more red meat, that in itself made me want to puke. Gag.

Going home in about 30 minutes, actually I don't work tonight so I am going to go by the center to visit with my momma. She has dialysis till 4:00 so I should arrive there bout the same time she does from the hospital. She won't be worth a hoot as it takes all her energy. Maybe sit with her thru her dinner then help her to bed.

Everyone have a great night.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #122  

Hello everyone! I'm feeling alright, slightly better. Still congested, and now coughing is becoming a problem, as usual when I've had a cold. I'm taking the Mucinex and that helps with the chest congestion. I'm thoroughly sick of sucking on cough drops all day, but without them, I start coughing whenever I try to talk. Today I left someone a voicemail that was more coughing than talking! I sent an apology for that – via e-mail.

My weigh in this morning showed me at 184, same as last week. I'm very thankful to have had no gain, because my eating wasn't all that good for 4 of the last 5 days. And all those 15 calorie cough drops begin to add up as well! I'm w/ Annie and Michelle – ready to hit it hard, including the EXERCISE!!

Shad – Enjoy the painting. Congrats on your pound lost! All your physical labor must certainly be contributing!

Michelle – Happy "Friday" to you! Enjoy your cleaning day tomorrow. I don't think our place gets to the "pigsty" point either, but the dog hair and paw prints (and snout prints, for that matter) get to be a bit much. I hope, hope, hope you don't get sick!!!

Mel – The recipes sound yummy! With all the mentions of cornbread on this thread, I just know I'm going to have to make some SOON!! Sorry to hear about your eye. You rest those eyes now, okay? And not good news about your chair. Bah!! Hope Gene can find the parts for you.

Ceejay – Good luck avoiding those alumni fundraising attempts, but if not, have a rejection/excuse prepared!!

Annie – Sorry you were declined for the blood donation. But if the iron pills are helping you, at least some good came out of the prep. Try again next time… How was your soup? I've been trying to avoid the canned soups because of the sodium content. But those canned soups and frozen meals can be sooooo convenient when there's no time or inclination to cook, and lighter, cheaper and faster than restaurant/carry.

Happy – Sorry your foot is bothering you. Hope you get some relief for it. Plenty of room on the wagon for you!!

Have a good evening ladies. Tonight bf and I have to determine the amount to sock away in the flexible spending account for the medical insurance. Open enrollment ends tomorrow!!
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've had trouble getting into the web sight today.

I had a phone call this morning but I politely told him that I had other plans for today. He was okay with that excuse. I told him I came to Paragould on a regular basis and we could meet up there. I think he was relieved.

Happy
Sorry your foot is giving you problems.

Mel
Rest those eyes, but I'm going to miss your posts.

Annie
Enjoy your night off and the visit with your mom. She'll be glad that you came. Get some rest, if possible.

Michelle
I know I get a good work out from cleaning especially when cleaning at work.

I've taken a 4 hour nap and now I'm not sleepy.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #124  

Laura,
Hope you continue to feel better.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #125  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day sort of got away from me this morning. Normally I read and post early in the morning and then just catch up during the day, however the site was down this morning and it fair blew my routine right out of the window.

Mel - get better soon. Nasty thing to get so fast and furiously. Do not come back until that thing fixes itself.

Laura - nice doggie picture. Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. Sounds like it was a nasty flu you got.

Happy - hope you catch up with the rest of the world soon

Ceejay - who was this bloke that rang you. Are you keeping someone in the background??? Inquiring minds need to know.

Michelle - happy cleaning. You will be looking forward to the arrival of the niece today.

Annie - glad to hear Mum is doing okay. Hope you get those iron levels up soon. Iron tablets always made me constipated. Hope you can get enough from the veges and meat.

Where's Patty these days. Oh yes - considering starting to paint the house so I saw on Facebook. Good luck to her.

DS2 has gone away camping for the weekend. He gets back Monday and goes to NZ Tuesday morning. I guess it is another early morning dash to the airport. I go over next weekend. Short time but will be fun.

Back tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to get back into routine again.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #126  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SO MY NEWS: I THINK A MIRACLE HAPPENED LAST YESTERDAY AND TODAY. WITH A SMALL MAKE-UP BRUSH, I HAD PUT A DAB OF MY ROSACEA SULFER-BASED "AGAR CREAM" ON THE CYST FROM THE OUTSIDE (LOWER EYE SOCKET AREA) AND IT'S SHRINKING. MAYBE TOMORROW IT WILL BE EVEN SMALLER!! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE.
I HAVEN'T READ YET SO I MIGHT BE BACK.

OK ANNIE...YOU'RE ON FOR MONDAY!! THIS WEEKEND I NEED TO COOK PLAIN FOOD. I GOT ON THE SCALE AND SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF MYSELF AGAIN. NOT SURE WHAT I EVEN DID WRONG. 189.5...OUCH

HOPE WE ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....AT LEAST I MADE IT THRU THE 13TH!! ROFLMAO
Old 11-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #127  
Happy September

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I TOO HAD A
TERRIBLE TIME TRYING TO GET 3FC TO OPEN UP. IT KEEPS TELLING ME THE SERVER IS DOWN AND TO TRY AGAIN LATER. TOOK ME HOURS TODAY JUST TO GET HERE NOW. WONDER WHAT'S GOING ON

JEANETTE~ GLAD YOUR PLANS ARE WORKINGOUT FOR YOU AND NOT FOR OTHERS. I FIND IT TOUGH TO BE TOUGH BUT I AM WORKING ON IT! YOU ARE INSPIRING ME!!

ANNIE~ YOU FINALLY GOT A DAY OFF? HOPE MOM
WILL BE FEELING MUCH BETTER SOON AND YOU BOTH CAN HAVE A VISIT OUTSIDE A MEDICAL BLDG RED MEAT!!! MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!! PURE CARNIVORE OVER HERE!

MICHELLE~ WE'LL GET THAT PESKY POUND RIGHT OFF YOU ALONG WITH ALL HIS FRIENDS THAT HAVE ATTACHED THEMSELVES TO MY FREAKING BELLY! HAPPY CLEANING!

HAPPY~ HOPE YOU ARE FEELINGBETTER NOW IN THE FOOT. WE'LL SIT SIDE BY SIDE AND SOAK OUR TOOTSIES TOGETHER. GET OUT THE BOOZE AND I'LL LEAVE NOW

LAURA~ I HOPE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER SOON...NOTHING WORSE THAN A HACKING COUGH. YOU HAD A TOUGH FEW DAYS AND HOPE THE WEEKEND WILL SEE YOU HEALTHIER

SHAD~ CONGRATULATIONS ON THE POUND!!! IT SWAM THE POND AND ATTACHED ITSELF TO ME WITH ALL THE BUILDING, GROUTING AND PAINTING ETC...YOU WILL BE A SKINNY MINNIE IN NO TIME FLAT!!! GO, GO, GO!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-14-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #128  
Happy September

WE WERE SITTING HERE BROWSING 3FC WHEN I STUMBLED OVER THIS AND ALMOST FELL OUT OF THE WHEELCHAIR:

"Dear Forum Members

We would like to announce taht 3 Fat Chicks has been acquired by Internet Brands, Inc, which operates leading consumer and enthusiast websites including CarsDirect.com and FitDay.com.
The plan is to maintain 3fc as a stand-alone site, while leveraging Internet Brands’ technology resources where they can enhance the site. There are no changes planned for 3FC at this point, other than moving to bigger, faster servers.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email them to me. We have been through this process many times and we see a few questions on different sites. Below is an FAQ about the acquisition that should answer many of your questions. We’re excited about the upgrades the acquisition will bring, and hope you are too.

Thank you."
IBsteph-Administrator

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE WHOLE ANNOUNCEMENT AND COMMENTS:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...quisition.html

I HOPE THE THREE CHICKS WILL HAVE A GREAT NEW LIFE WEITH LOTS MORE TIME FOR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND THEMSELVES!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #129  
Happy September

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT SUZANNE, AMY & JENNIFER COULD USE OUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT OVER THERE ON THAT THREAD. SEEMS LIKE NAYSAYERS ARE GOING TO RANT. PEOPLE JUST CANNOT ACCEPT CHANGE. THE SISTERS GAVE US A LOT OF THEIR TIME FOR YEARS. NOW IT'S TIME THEY HAD A "BREAK" FROM IT ALL AND I FOR ONE SAY CONGRATULATIONS
Old 11-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #130  

At least I wasn't going crazy when I got a blank page when trying to open 3fc. Thanks Suzanne and Jennifer for all your hard work.

I've worked in the yard today. Leaf raking along with the pine needles that were piling up. Then I washed the car. Extremely good upper body work out and I was outside. Throughly enjoyed it.

Mel
Seems like you are the only one that could get online. good for you in finding out that miracle.

More later.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #131  

Good Morning Ladies

Missed 3fc while it was down. Just stopping in to say hello. I'm feeling so-so, still have some congestion. I stayed home from work on Friday just because of all the coughing. At home, didn't need to talk, so not as much coughing.

Did a lot of leaf-raking yesterday because it was a beautiful day and because this week is the last of the curbside leaf pickup. After that we'll need to bag them, and that's a real PITA. Today's sort of overcast. I'm going to make some veggie soup.

Ceejay - I agree, my upper body got a real workout from the raking.

Mel - Glad your eye is on the mend. I read about the acquisition. Hate that there are people badmouthing this move. Suzanne, Jennifer & Amy - great job w/ the site and I'm glad you'll still be around the forums!!

Shad - Hope you get back into your routine now that 3fc is up again. I don't think what I have is the flu, just a bad cold w/ a lot of congestion. I'd like to be completely better ASAP of course, but bf is really bugging me. He thinks I should get some sort of rx from the doc because I'm still sick a week later. Well, guess what - I'm getting better, not worse and yeh, I wish I weren't still congested and coughing, but a week isn't all that long and I don't think I need to see a doc yet. Grrr.

Hellos to Happy, Annie, Michelle, Rose & Patty!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #132  

Laura
I thought I'd be sore but thankfully I'm not. Feel better soon.

Mel
Thanks for the information. Those three ladies are awesome. They deserve some time to be themselves. By the way, when I talked to my aunt on Friday she told me that on the way home from church Wednesday night that a deer hit the driver's side of the car. The car is in the shop. They were less than 200 feet from their driveway. I've seen deer in their back yard. They are okay.

I'm back to work this morning and came into a problem. My co-worker told me about it so I was aware. Hoping that I might fix it but to no avail. The fluoride pump had lost prime. It did last week but I did get it primed that time. She had called the maintenace man who was hunting. I called them both after I couldn't get the pump primed. They got here about 9.00 a.m. and had to replace a cracked diaphram (sp)on the pump.

More later

I'm a little concerned about something that I've been hearing. At first I thought it was from the neighbors. The walls are thin. I kept hearing loud farts. But then last night while I was taking a bath I heard them again outside my bathroom window. If I hear it tonight I'm calling the police. I'm thinking about writing a note stating that he's being recorded. Wish I had a pop gun.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-15-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #133  
Happy September

JEANETTE....LET ME AT HIM!! I'LL RUN HIS FARTING BUTT RIGHT OVER LIKE A LAWNMOWER!! HE'LL NEVER PASS GAS AGAIN!! WHAT THE HECK IS HE DOING OUTSIDE FARTING? ARE YOU ON THE FIRST LEVEL?? KEEP US POSTED. GLAD YOU ALL GT THE PUMP GOING AGAIN!

HELLO TO ALL THE CHICKS FOR MONDAY.
I AM POSTING NOW BECAUSE I WILL BE DOWN IN THE OFFICE TO OPEN UP AND UNSURE WHEN I WILL BE DONE. THE EYE IS GOOD NOW BUT A SMALL BUMP IS STILL THERE SO I AM NOT PUSHING IT. THEY JUST HAVE TO REALIZE...IF THEY WANT HELP IN THE OFFICE THEN DON'T WEAR PERFUME!! HOW LONG DO THEY KNOW ME FOR CHISTMAS SAKE???
NOTHING NEW HERE. LAZY SUNDAY FOR ME. I DID SOME COOKING YESTERDAY AND TODAY SO I HAVE HEALTHY MEALS AT HAND. GOING NOW TO GET SOME CLOTHES READY FOR THE WEEK AND BAG MORE LAUNDRY! I AM
STILL TRYING TO CATCH UP WITH THAT.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND A GREAT WEEK!! GOOD LUCK TO US THIS WEEK!

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #134  
Happy September

LAURA~ DIDN'T SEE YOUR POST ABOVE CEEJAY'S. GOOD THAT YOU TOOK FRIDAY OFF. HOPE THE COUGH GOES AWAY. THAT IS A PITA FOR SURE. LEAF RAKING? FUNNY THING WAS...WHEN I WENT DOWNSTAIRS THIS EARLY A.M. TO CHECK OUT THE BUILDING, THE FALL LEAF SMELL WAS ALL OVER THE LOBBY ALONG WITH THE LEAVES!! THE AUTOMATIC DOORS LET A LOT OF WIND AND LEAVES IN. GOTTA LOVE THE SMELL OF AUTUMN! STAY WELL THIS WEEK AND FAR AWAY FROM ANY SICK PEOPLE!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-15-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Well for pitties sake. I thought I couldn't get into 3FC because of work related issues. They block so much crap, I was beginning to think they were on to me.

Just got back from visiting mom, she was sound asleep when I got there. The dialysis just wears her out. Bless her heart. Maybe, fingers crossed, she may get to come home next week.

Cleaned house yesterday, actually a pretty boring day. My brother and SIL came over last night for coffee and chat. Oh it just dawned on me why I couldn't sleep last night, it must of been the coffee.

Grocery, tanning, and visiting mom. Now fixing dinner and T will be over to eat it up. lol. BBQ pork, hash brown casserole, broccoli, carrots, and homemade bruchetta for appetizer. No desserts! T will be sad about that, but I am not in the mood to make it.

May go watch the Colts down the street at the local pub. A friend of mine owns it so I will sit with her crowd. Not for sure on that tho, as the game does not start till 8:20 pm, only 10 minutes till my bedtime. LOL

MEL...glad the eye is getting better. That must hurt awful.

Laura...hope you are better too!

Shad....slow down and smell the flowers. Stay cool.

Chelle...fishing?? Or is this the weekend for the neice?

Happy...waddup?

Ceejay...stay away from farting windows.

Howdie to all..

Love and hugs
Closed Thread