Ash how did your Dr appointment go?

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #107  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Lunch

Just to post what I ate for lunch today, before I shut off my VERY ANNOYING computer!!!

I had:
a can of tuna with a tablespoon of mayo
2/3 cup of cottage cheese with some sunflower seeds in it
and
coffee

KELLI
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #108  
This is my year!

Default Dinner

DINNER:

I had: my own fried rice of grilled chicken, celery and rice. About 1 1/2 cups.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 AM   #109  
This is my year!

Default Breakfast.

BREAKFAST:

I would have weighed myself, but it's just 5 a.m. and I'm the only one stirring, so I didn't want to make much noise.
I had two pieces of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Coffee and I'm going to have a banana or two, now.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

I'm joining Kelli in posting up what I eat.

Breakfast was 2 rashers of bacon, 2 poached eggs, mushrooms and baked beans

Lunch was a chicken salad bought at a hospital canteen. (I'm going to copy and paste a message I wrote on the SW thread which tells more)

Dinner was a Chinese takeaway (that isn't part of my food plan, and yes I fell off the wagon).

I've also eaten today 2 bananas, an apple, 8 strawberries, numerous grapes and a satsuma, drunk 4 black coffees and 5 glasses of water. (no wonder I kept having to use the hospitals restroom facilities.)

Nicki
Old 08-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #111  

Default copy and pasted message

I was doing great until tonight, I know it's no excuse but I was so tired having spent all day at the hospital having dr's prodding and pokeing at my bad knee and of course I had Zoe with me and she needs 100% attention. Then there were the horrendous bus and train journeys which are no joke with an autistic child in tow. When I got in I could hardly walk so I phoned out for a Chinese. Zoe and I shared a king prawn fu yong and Colin ate spare ribs, chips and beef chow mein. So it's superspeeding for me till Thursday and hope not to have done too much damage. Almost forgot I had a chicken salad at the hospital.

Nicki
Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #112  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chickies;
This was my food for the day:
1 cup fiber cereal with 1 cup milk and 1 scoop protein powder.
1 latte with non-fat milk.
2 compressed twig crackers (lol that is what I call them) with cheese. Didn't have time to eat all my lunch because of class.
a lean cuisine for dinner and 8oz of almond milk. 1 Pudding cup.

It was a day definitely lacking in veggies and fruit. And too low in calories. But I am not hungry, so I guess it is ok. I am counting calories and logging everything, everyday. Almost a habit.

Catch you tomorrow.
A
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #113  

Yet another trip to hospital today, heading off in about an hour, though this time it's just to the local one and not where we went yesterday, this means just a short bus trip and no train journey. No prodding today either, just going to pick up my surgical socks.

Breakfast was 2 slices of Marmite toast with black coffee banana and orange

Lunch was wholemeal pasta with tuna, and a corn on the cob

Dinner is going to be rice with grilled chicken and steamed veggies.

Nicki
Old 08-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #114  
This is my year!

Default Breakfast

Two pieces of toast with a couple slices of bacon and coffee.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:04 AM   #115  

I think I've put weight on not off this week, that Chinese takeaway has sent me spiraling way off course. I'm eating according to the plan, but adding in extras that shouldn't be there.

So here is my acurate account of what I've eaten since I last posted my food intake.

12 go ahead yogurt break bars.

4 bags of salt and vinegar crisps

8 slices of toast

4 peanut butter sandwiches.

1 bowl of cornflakes

Skimmed milk

6 plums

2 satsumas

1 bunch of grapes

2 nectarines

a medium sized chicken breast no skin

1 packet of savoury rice

1 packet of tomato and basil pasta shapes.

This has been consumed from 2.30 yesterday to now.

Do either of you have the answer of why I can stick to the eating plan for half of the week but sabotage just before I weigh in? I wonder if I'm so used to failing that being successful is frightening.

Nicki
Old 08-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #116  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

HI Chickies,

I am checking in briefly. This school thing has thrown my schedule, body, whatever all off. Craved a burger last night so I had one. Was going to be kind to myself everyweek on t, w, th. I am not sure that was being kind.

I don't understand sabotage....I always seem to eat more on the day I lose weight. I have thought about the issue of success as well.

I do know that this is process that we just have to keep plugging away at. And we have to be kind to ourselves.

I have to run. Willbe away formthe computer F-Su.

Thinking of you both.
Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #117  

No weigh in for me tonight Zoe has been feeling poorly all day and it's not fair to drag her out just so I can stand on a scale. Colin would look after her normally in this type of situation but he's working right now and won't be home until 10.00 tonight. So although it's not an official SW weigh in. Heres what I weigh according to my trusty bathroom scales. 257 which is a gain of 1.5lb. Though as I've just eaten a plateful of grilled chicken with SW chips and loads of steamed veggies, I'm thinking that maybe at least .5 of the weight gain could be caused by that So I'm not changing my tracker until I see whether the weight gain is a true indication or whether it is just because I weighed myself 10 minutes after eating.

Nicki
Old 08-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #118  
This is my year!

Wink Hurdles.

Nicki, It's a daily challenge, so if one day the food just calls to you, then tomorrow do your best to get back on track.

Here's a little trick that has been working for me. When I go to find something I can eat in the frig, it all calls to me!!
But, if I put snacks like cut carrots, cut celery, etc., in little baggies in the frig, then I know that "that" is my snack and grab it before I grab something else.
Also, I've started doing the same with traveling in the car. I take a baggie of dry cherrios, almonds, pretzels to munch on instead of perhaps driving through some fast food place.
And, of course, keep the bottled water right next to you.

The last couple of nights have been just disasterous for me, pain wise. Last night was thee worst. But, I go to my new doctor in less then a months time, so I had better be coming home with a prescription for pain killers. I just can't live my life in pain anymore. It's been since 1995 and getting worse. And, the extra poundage I'm certain DOES NOT HELP.
So, there's a huge motivation for me.

Anyway Nicki, keep positive. Keep "good" snacks around. You can do it. It's a mindset and then it's a lifetime healthy lifestyle.

KELLI

P.S. Thanks for the info on the tracker and I guess that this post will tell the story of whether or not I pulled it off!!!
Drum roll please!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #119  
This is my year!

Testing for the tracker again. Thanks Nicki, you got me my tracker!! Ya Hoo.

Last edited by Nightmare; 08-27-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #120  

I love the idea of individual bags of healthy snacks, and I'm going to get some ready today, thanks for the tip off Kelli, another thing I'm going to do is stop buying bad snacks under the excuse that they're for DD and DH and then eat them myself, this is what happened with the crisps (potato chips) and the Go Ahead bars.

Glad I was of help with the tracker.

Nicki