Old 07-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a note to let you know that I'm at my sister's. We been swimming twice this week and this morning we went to the Arboretum in Dalllas. It was beautiful but it was hot. We did a lot of walking also. I didn't have a dry thread ony body. They taken my siste's grand daughter to the mall to play. Therefore food and exercise have been good this week, thus far.

I'm enjoying my time with my sister and her family but I'm worn out even took a nap this afternoon.

Mel
Get well soon.

Hello to eveyone else.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-10-2009 at 06:27 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Only got time to read today. back tomorrow with more words of wisdom
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #78  

Hello Ladies,

Annie - I'll take my frozen with salt and go ahead and make it a large.

Mitchellez - I went to one of the rally's they have in Austin TX years ago and man was it fun! I have never seen so many bikes in one place and the people, that was a sight. We parked ourselves in a bar that the windows opened up to the street and it was just like Mardi Gra... a sight to see and lots of fun memories...
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #79  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning to all,

Going to be a hot one here. I got up early - want to get to the farmer's market this morning for some vegetables and then either some gardening or clean up in the house. Definitely going in the pool today.

Sounds like you are enjoying your vacation Ceejay. You were due for some nice relaxing time.

Michelle - love the background for your new website. I think you've gotten past the writer's block and things will flow nicely now. Can't wait to see it.

Patty - thanks for the level set - you're right, sometimes we have to distance ourselves from the chaos and just focus one step at a time on what needs to be done. Great advice!

Poor Mel sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. I hope you are feeling better by today. Maybe you need one of those margaritas and have the alchohol kill all the bad stuff Take care of your self buddy!

Annie - hope the sun breaks through and you get in a nice ride with Tony this weekend. After all, the summer is racing away although fall rides in the brisk air with the autumn colors and smells can be wonderful too.

Shad - hope you don't spend all weekend working. Wish I could walk the craft fair with you.

Good news and bad for me this week. Bad news was that I went to the eye doctor for some follow up tests. I might have the beginnings of glaucoma in one eye. There is no cure, just treatment. One test indicates yes, the other no and the doc said they want both tests in sync before they make a positive diagnosis. So for now they will watch it and re-check in 6 months. My eyes are weak and it has always been my biggest fear to go blind so this freaked me a bit. That's what I'm talking about with mortality - not dying but I do see things happening now that are a natural course of aging - like your feet hurting all the time because your arches fell (and orthotics do not restore you to "what you used to be" despite what they tell you). Of course it's a good reminder to stay in optimum health - but despite that, things happen anyway.

For the good news, DH wanted some fried chicken yesterday. We went to the fast food place and after we ordered and paid, I decided I wanted a lemonade. I got one and was fumbling in my purse for cash. DH handed me a dollar and some change and I went to the dispenser to fill my cup. We were the only ones at the counter. I noticed out of the corner of my eye what appeared to be a crumpled dollar bill on the floor. I told DH to pick up up, thinking it had fallen out of my purse. He handed it to me, I put it in my pocket and thought nothing of it. As I was emptying my pockets last night at bedtime, I pulled out the dollar. It was rumpled up and rather thick for a single bill. Turns out there was not 1 but 5 dollar bills, a rather ratty $20 bill AND a one hundred dollar bill in the center. It was $125!!! DH had already gone to sleep and when I told him about it this morning, he said wow. We talked about what we should do, he said it didn't appear that anyone obviously dropped it. If we went back to the store this afternoon when they opened it, who knows if the rightful owner would show up since this happened yesterday afternoon. I honestly thought when I saw the money that it fell out of my purse as I was pulling and shuffling stuff. So it was a pleasant surprise.

I think that this was actually supposed to happen a bit further north up in Annie's neck of the woods, very close to her feet. All I can say Annie is never say never sending some mojo your way.

DH gave up coffee this week to see if it improved his blood pressure. He is substituting smoothies. He just presented me with a nice one made with fresh strawberries, a banana, cherry yoghurt. Yummy. I'm going to go enjoy it while I get ready to head to the store. Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-11-2009 at 10:12 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #80  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I came to visit Mom and see how the eyes are going. The cyst is growing like it should and the vision is very blurry now. I have no internet at the trailer so this is the only post I can make. I really don't think Mom will be on until maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. It depends on the healing. She said have a good weekend. Jennifer
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #81  

AAAahhhh poor Mel. Maybe we should amputate at the neck level - it would certainly stop recurrence of the problems.

Michelle - the website certainly looked good. Well done. I'm patiently waiting to go have a look at it

Please can I have a lemon and mango margarita. Ditch the salt. I'll take it without and in a large glass please.

Patty - hope you get to meet up with Ceejay at some point. I know you two have been working on it. When I was in the States some years back, I went to the Grand Canyon (not the last trip). When I was there I met up with a bunch of blokes and a couple of women on Harleys. Along with the Bikes they had 3 winnebagos with them. Apparently when they travel Route 66 and head for the Harley anniversaries, they hire the winnebagos and 3 drivers at least one of whom is a cook. The drivers tag along behind doing the shopping and cleaning and laundry and the bikers have the time of their lives just getting off the Harleys to sleep and eat in the trailers. What a life.

Happy - your mojo is sitting pretty there. What a piece of luck. Sometimes fast food IS good for you. The world works in mysterious ways.

Okay - better get off here, go get some food in for dinner tonight and get on with the job. I've had a long morning of walking, taking photos, getting wet etc. Yep, it is raining again in ol' Sydney town.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #82  
Choose your hard

Looks like it's a quiet Sunday - everyone off doing their thing. Hope you enjoy...
Old 07-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #83  

Morning all and it's count down time. We are on day 5, tomorrow will be day 4. I finish here on Friday and go home to Brisbane Saturday afternoon where I will be having some downtime.

Yesterday I must have walked for miles and miles. When I consider the places I went, the hills I climbed up and down, the bridges I crossed (and maybe burnt) behind me, I know why my feet hurt yesterday afternoon.

I have some new photos, but you will have to wait until tonight before I get them on the computer. then another wait until I get them on the website. Might be some interesting stuff there, then again I might have stuffed it up completely. That's life.

Seems everyone except me and Happy are still out enjoying their weekend - and long my it last. See ya - I have work to do and it needs doing by Friday.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Going home in the morning
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #85  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Guess I'm the first one in. Stormy day today. That's ok, we need the rain. Just hoping I can drive in between the rain drops...

Safe travels Ceejay.

Good on yah getting a nice walk in Shad.

Rest those peepers Mel, we're thinking of you.

Annie, Patty, Michelle - hope you had a nice weekend. Back to the grind now.

I made a delicious BLT pasta salad yesterday and we had some grilled bratwurst and fresh bell peppers. Yummy but a MEGA disaster on the weigh in today. I have to flush and eat clean today - thyroid doctor tomorrow and he's gonna give me the stern look.

Gotta roll now. Happy Monday folks.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #86  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chickadees.........

SHuwee what a busy weekend. Tony and I went to see Public Enemies w/Johnny Depp. Very good movies, I recommend it by all means. Saturday I spend from about 2:00 pm till midnight cleaning the inside of my house. It sparkles now. DS and nephew came by about 10 pm Saturday and helped me move furniture around in the living room. Sunday was spent in the yard, hoeing, mowing, moving rock, weeding, sprayed for buggies, swept the walks and porches. Then I picked a zucchini, green pepper and 3 jalepenos out of the garden. My first crop, other than lettuce and spinach. My body aches, broke 4 fingernails, have to go to the shop at lunch today and get a new set.

Ceejay....So glad you had fun at your sister's house visiting the fam. I love to swim and be in the sun. Good for you.

Patty....Here comes the giant 48 oz, margarita with salt. Be ready cause it is a whopper...

Shad....the count down is on. This week will fly past as it seems life goes faster and faster. A 60 second minute seems more like 30 seconds. Here comes your lemon/mango margarita holding the salt.

MEL...bless your heart. Danged ole eyes anyway. Jennifer..thanks for posting for mom. You are a good daughter. Hugs and prayers to you Ms. MEL.

Happy...here comes your margarita also.....ready...sliding down the bar at you, catch.

Chelle.....here is your refill.....drink up and party down.

Hello to everyone.

Have a great day.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #87  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

I am in such a great mood and have been all weekend!! The weather this weekend was absolutely PERFECT. Warm and sunny, but not hot or humid! It was fabulous! DH, DMIL and I went fishing both days. We didn't catch anything, but I just love being out on the boat, sitting back in the sunshine listening to and watching the birds and other critters. I also spent time working on my website. This new design, with Shad's lovely photo as the backdrop, along with some new techniques that I'm learning/practicing, has really made me enthusiastic about web design again. I'm looking forward to finishing the site (by this Sunday) and doing some advertising for new clients. And yesterday, after all the errands were run and the laundry was done, I took my lounge chair to the backyard and had a lovely relaxing nap with my dogs taking turns which one was going to lay on me.

Ceejay - I'm so glad you had a nice vaca in Dallas! Sounds like you had a great time with your sister and her family!! You definitely deserved the nice break.

Patty - Harley rallys are wonderful, and even though the HA's and Outlaws are sometimes in attendance, I've always felt safe...just don't mess with them or their bikes and they're cool.

Happy - Sorry to hear about your eyes. But glaucoma can be mitigated. My doc's have warned me about risk of glaucoma because of all the steroids, especially inhaled steroids, I've taken. But if given the choice between glaucoma and not breathing, I'll take glaucoma. I understand your fear of blindness...but since one test said no glaucoma, I'd focus on that one. Great news about finding the cash. The grilled brats and peppers, with a BLT salad sound marvelous! Yummm!

Annie - I really want to see Public Enemies, especially since so much of it was filmed in Wisconsin. Cleaning house until midnight? Wow you are dedicated! Thanks for the 'rita refill!

Mel - I hope you're feeling better. Jennifer - thanks for posting for your mom.

Shad - Just 4 more days, right? How wonderful! Good for you for getting all that walking in!

Okay...time to sign off and get to work!

Lotsa love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #88  
Choose your hard

caught that margarita sucked it down and now the floor is kinda wavy But it was yummo. Thanks Annie!

You certainly were a whirlwind of activity this weekend. Would make Shad proud.

You weekend sounds heavenly Michelle. Glad to hear the website is taking off and you're enthused again. I think we need extra projects just to keep learning new stuff.

DH and I want to go away for a long weekend somewhere. Was looking at some cabins on a lake not far from Branson, MO. Nothing much to do at the cabin except fish, fish, fish. I thought it would be perfect for Michelle and her family. Never considered just rocking in the boat enjoying the peacefulness. But I think that sitting in a boat in the middle of a lake would just make me want to take a whiz. Especially when the whizzer is across the lake and up the somewhat steep trail
Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #89  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - One of my favorite vacations was when we went to New England. We visited Cape Cod, Boston and Salem, Mass before heading up to my cousin's cabin on a lake in extreme northern VT on the Canadian border. When we were at the cabin, it was during one of the rainiest weeks Vermont had ever seen. And there was literally nothing to do....couldn't even fish due to all the thunderstorms. So during the brief dry spells, we sat on the lakeshore and fed the ducks, and when it rained, we went inside, relaxed, played cards and read. It was so nice to have such a rejuvenating vacation where the weather forced us to relax and unwind. I sometimes make the mistake of cramming so much activity into my vacations that they become busier than work weeks.

My good friend had a lovely vacation at a cabin on a lake in Tennesee a couple months ago, but can't remember the name of the lake.

Last edited by diyana; 07-13-2009 at 01:43 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #90  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WHATCHA MEAN AMPUTATE FROM THE NECK UP??? BUT I MUST ADMIT THAT I THINK THAT MIGHT BE A GREAT IDEA.....I WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT I ATE AND DRANK WRONG ANYMORE
SHAD'S POST WAS THE FIRST THING I SAW WHEN THE PAGE LOADED JUST NOW.

I AM BETTER BUT BLURRY. HAVE NOT READ ANY new posts. IF THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUS I MISSED AFTER ANNIE'S AUTO ACCIDENT AND HAPPY'S DR VISIT ( i sent you an e-mail happy) WITH HER EYES THEN FILL ME IN PLEASE. I WENT TO THE MALL TODAY AND GOT SOME ORGANIC VEGGIES AND FRUITS. IN FACT I BOUGHT EVERYTHING ORGANIC RIGHT NOW. NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES.
I HAD ORDERED SOME INCENSE AND THEY SENT ME A FACIAL SOAP SAMPLE. I TRIED IT EVEN THOUGH MY FAMILY THOUGHT I WAS NUTS...BUT IT WORKS AND IS DRYING UP THE ROSACEA!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THE CHANGE. UNLESS THERE IS A MIRACLE HAPPENING AND THE ROSACEA IS GOING INTO REMISSION BY COINCIDENCE. GONNA FINISH THE LITTLE BAR OF SOAP BEFORE I ORDER BIGGER ONES. AT $10 @ I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MONEY. I ALSO BOUGHT JEN SOME STUFF AND I WILL SEND ANOTHER CARE PACKAGE UP TO THE TRAILER WITH RICHIE WHEN HE LEAVES ON FRIDAY. THEY ARE LOVING EACH CARTON FULL OF SURPRISES. JEN AND RICHIE ARE BARELY MAKING IT THRU THE WEEKS WITH 2 MORE MOUTHS TO FEED....AND YOUNG HUNGRY MOUTHS TOO! BUT EVERYONE IS HAPPY TO BE TOGETHER AND THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS.
NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. I HAVE BEEN VERY LAID BACK AND RESTING. WATCHED HARRY POTTER ON CABLE ALL WEEKEND AND TRAVEL SHOWS. HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND I HOPE TO BE BACK TOMORROW!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote