Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #46  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All...It is so great to have you Worldlies to pick me up...and such great home friends too. Dropped my car off last night, only cosmetic damage of 1900.00 with 500.00 deductible. All is good under the hood. See Miss Annie there is a bright side to everything. Catching a ride to and from work with different friends, not so bad. Sorry I was such a poop yesterday and sorry if I brought anyone down to my pathetic self pity level.

Shad...thank God this is the last week of h*ll. On to newer better jobs. It will be nice to get home for a few days.

Happy...funny how the smallest things like a cell phone can make momma happy. That's great! Thanks for the magic dust, my friend Tami last night said she envisioned me with money flying all around me and sticking to me and fore me to envision it also. So here I am envisioning it. Just hope the money she was envisioning wasn't coins..lol.

Ceejay...thanks for the hugs...and don't work to hard. Altho staying busy makes my day fly fast.

Chelle...no arse kicking from you or my brother...I am back on the positive track and no pity parties for me. Thank you a bunch. You are such a great pal.

MEL...Is my memory failing me or are you on vacation this week?

It's funny when you don't have a car all you can think about are the things you want to go do. Oh well, it is just for a few days. Got the essentials I was out of in last night before dropping the car off. Should be good to go.

Everyone have a marvelous day.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #47  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy, Happy, Happy Tuesday!!

I'm in a great mood, ladies! I had a major accomplishment yesterday! By the time I got back from running errands and getting the dog's medicine, I wasn't able to make it to the gym so I went for a walk. Yes, that's right....A WALK! I was able to walk about the block (a little over a mile) in about 20 minutes, with essentially no pain. This may not seem like much to most people, but it's been nearly a year since I've been able to walk more than 8 or 10 minutes before the back pain would require me to sit for a bit. I can now confidentially tell my regular doctor, neurosurgeon and pain doctor that the cortisone shot I received last Wednesday seems to be helping a lot! Yay!

Tonight is going to be a challenge as we are going to a baseball game, where beer is plentiful and healthy food choices are scarce. I'll make the best choices available and limit the beers to 1 (okay...maybe 2). And I may just have to use my remaining weekly points tonight and eat less tomorrow.

Shad - Yes, I did get the emails. Thank you so much!! Now to really sink my teeth into designing my website. So this Friday's your last day or is it Friday 7/17?

Mel - After fireworks traffic jams are crazy. In our little town, they set off the fireworks in a park that's in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Not much parking and narrow streets. Even in Milwaukee where they set the fireworks off down by the shores of Lake Michigan, you get several hundred thousand people trying to leave an area at the same time, and it results in a real traffic jam. Glad to hear you were safe and sound. Hope you don't have to spend too much time in the office today.

Happy - I LOVE your new avatar! SOOOO Cute! Glad your mom is enjoying her new phone! That's wonderful! Happy, you are SO right...doing my own website is WAY harder than creating websites for clients. Partly because I don't want to appear like the typical corporate America standard website firm with photos of executives standing around. That's not me. I deliver friendly, personal, customized service. So I want my website to be attractive, inviting, warm, artistic, and serene. That's not asking too much. There's a website I found when looking for designs I like that you might know about (or be interested in). It's about activities and events in Tennessee (http://spring.tnvacation.com/). I love the background artwork and the use of color. Anyway, it made me think of you...Tennessee, flowers, and it's so bright and cheery - just like you.

Patty - You reminded me I've got a canteloupe to cut up, and some blueberries, and grapes...a yummy fruit salad. Mmmmmmm.

Annie - No need to apologize for anything. You've had a h*lluva few weeks. Glad to hear you're in better spirits and looking on the bright side. How nice that your friends are helping get you to and from work! I think I'd like your friend Tami. I'm gonna try that envisioning stuff. And I think Happy should patent and sell that magic dust, but give it away to friends for free of course

Well, ladies, break time is over. I'd better get some work done.

Here's to a delightful day for all of us!

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #48  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Random thoughts from a mad woman...

"In heaven there is no beer,
That's why we drink it here.
Cuz when we're gone from here,
Our friends will be drinking all the beer... que the accordian and dance your pants off...

Enjoy the beer Michelle but not too much. Actually, your probably better off just drinking beer only instead of chowing on all that greasy fried concession stand stuff. Maybe you can sneek some rollups or something in your purse to minimize the damage. Have a good time at the game.

A friend once let me hold his mojo bag (and no, I didn't have to marry him afterwards). It was right before we headed to a Las Vegas vacation and I won for the first time ever - $1400. He said there's only so much mojo and you can't be a spend thrift about it, so I save the magic dust for special things. Hope it doesn't attract flying quarters over to Annie's delicate parts. Maybe just Ben Frankin fig leaves if YKWIM

Michelle- that website is cute. Figures it's for east TN. If it was something for here, would look more like my avatar. Speaking of which, I guess I am obsessed with pictures of cats in hats.

I woke up this morning thinking, it would be so nice to wake up lazy, stretch and feel refreshed. Instead I had to pee really badly, my elbow is hurting from sitting at the computer too long over last week, I was tired and my throat is scratchy in a way that feels like I have little slits like I swallowed glass. No matter how much or little sleep I get, I never seem to wake up refreshed. In a way I can understand how MJ got desperate.

Lunch is over, back later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #49  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - I love the "In Heaven there is no beer" song!! You got to hold your friend's mojo bag, huh? Does your DH know? I went for years without waking up refreshed, it really sucked. Then my DH mentioned that not only did I snore, but I'd suddently stop breathing at night, and he'd have to nudge me to wake me up to start breathing. Sure enough...I have sleep apnea and now that I have my mask I sleep much better. DH doesn't sleep well due to knee pain. Pain sure does suck, especially when it affects your sleep.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oooooooooooh yes, the lack of sleep syndrome. It's a pain. And generally speaking you get out of bed feeling worse than when you got into it. Generally I sleep very well, but on occasions - stress, lack of exercise, wrong foods, all go to making for a grotty Shaddie. Funnily enough the real Shad could nap, get interupted sleep, run all day and inhale food and it never seemed to affect his perpetual good mood. Maybe all men should come back as dogs?? No that's not fair. There are some good ones out there.

Okay - Michelle and her beer and greasy spoons reminded me of a good friend of mine in Townsville. J is a multi millionaire through property and he is about maybe 45 at most I guess. He and his little investment group now own around 80 properties around the world. Last New Year, he rung me from NY just to say Happy New Year. He was there to look at properties. I should have got him to look at Richies Dad's place!!! Anyway they bought 3 of those diners - we call them pie carts or if they are in a posh place "the Aluminium Room" and he was killing himself laughing about the menu. Apparently these places are very successful sticking to a formula of burgers, fries and chicken etc. J wanted to introduce some salads and good stuff and questioned some of the patrons about the menu - they were horrified. Reckoned they would have to find somewhere else to eat if he put that 'green stuff' on the menu. They liked it just as it was. Apparently J wanted to introduce some different types of cheeses as well but the cooks threatened to walk out if they couldn't have Monterey Jack!!! J backed off. The things make enough to pay for themselves in a few years anyway so if they want to eat like that, then let them. For any of you out there wondering about J - no he is not married, he is gay, he looks like a leprechaun and is nearly as round as he is tall, but he is loveable.

Michelle - I'm sure you will do well with this website. Nothing like some pretty flowers in the background and soft music soothing the savage beast. However you don't want to send 'em to sleep, presumably you want someone to buy something!!! Enjoy the game.

Annie - glad to hear that you are back to your old self again. Fairly steep price for a car but then that's the panelbeating trade for you. Pity you are not here, I could have sent you off to a tame panelbeater and you would have only had to pay for the parts, and make him meatloaf!

Happy - I thought the cat was for my benefit. One of those hats would keep the cold at bay around the ears for my daily drift to work. Actually it has been so cold this week and I have been working long hours so I have been catching the train instead of walking. Something has to give and the exercise and sneezing and watery eyes were it. Nothing holds a candle to the smell of a good ole Sydney bus choking it's way down a very narrow Pitt Street and gassing the population.

Mel - is probably still out there directing the traffic and picking up the old girls from the bathroom floors. Time for a break buddy.

Ceejay - not long to go for your holiday now. Hope you and Patty do get to meet up. Most of us have known each other for years but don't know the sound of each others voices or know how tall they are (apart from Annie) or what they are really like.

Okay - so it is Wednesday. I have 8 working days left in this place and around 18 days of work to do. If it gets done, it gets done. For once I really don't care. They are still fighting about stuff upstairs so I can't see that course being finished. I will finish the other this week I think. I may have to work over the weekend if the other gets a move on, but at the moment I'm planning for some sightseeing at the Botanical Gardens, looking at some old Sydney architecture and maybe a trip to the zoo by ferry. I'd also like to visit the craft markets at the Rocks (where Mary met Fred (I'm talking Danish Royalty here)). It's time I moved along and caught up with other doings. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #51  

Hello Ladies,

Ceejay - have a safe trip and be sure and call me. Sunday is not good for me unless it's breakfast. I left my number so call me when you get in town.

Annie - I'm soo glad that you were not injured. I agree with Mitchellez and your brother, you have so many good things going for you. These are just blips in your life. They too will pass...

Happy - Wonder what all was in his mojo bag? And is mojo related to Karma?

Mitchellez - glad to hear that coritzone shot is helping. Have fun at the baseball game. I say get a dog, put lots of mustard, relish on it and don't eat the bread. Enjoy your beer...

Mel - send those temps to texas. This morning it was 78 degrees at 5:30am..Glad to hear no seniors were seriously injured..

Shad - I hope your get your sightseeing in this weekend.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #52  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE~ HOPE YOU FIND SOME INSPIRATION FOR YOUR WEBSITE. GET SOME OF YOUR FAERIES TO HELP SPRINKLE THEIR DUST AROUND. NICE NAP OUTSIDE...I WAS GETTING READY TO SING THE SONG..."IN THE SHADE OF THE OLD APPLE TREE...LA LA LA! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WALK! WOW THAT IS GREAT NEWS. GOTTA LOVE THE CORTISONE!! BUT DON'T GO CRAZY NOW...OK??? I REALLY AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.

ANNIE~ I WAS SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ACCIDENT. THANK GOD YOU WEREN'T SERIOUSLY HURT...EXPECIALLY BY THE SEMI!!! THE CAR CAN ALWAYS BE FIXED. SORRY ABOUT THE $$ TOO. BEEN A TOUGH YEAR BUT KEEP THE FAITH!!:HUG: YOU HAD A RIGHT TO BE A POOP..YOU WERE UPSET!!! AND THAT IS NOT BEING A POOP ANYWAY...IT'S CALLED SHARING! YOUR MEMORY IS NOT FAILING BUT IT IS MY BOSS ON VACATION AND I FORGOT TO POST YESTERDAY. BUSY DAY.

JEANETTE...YOU ARE THE BUSY BEE THIS WEEK. GETTING READY FOR VACATION TOO??

SHAD...THOUGHT YOU HAD 2 WEEKS. OR IS THIS THE 2ND WEEK ALREADY?? LORD..I LOST TRACK. BUT GLAD YOU WILL BE OUT OF THERE SOON! (oh...i see the 2nd post...8 days left) OK THOUGHT I WAS LOSING IT WITH MY MEMORY. HOPE YOU GET TO SIGHT SEE INSTEAD OF WORKING. I AM TAKING THAT BREAK TOO...TODAY! THANKS FOR THE REMINDER!

HAPPY~ WAS YOUR AVATAR COLD AND NEEDED A CAP?? IT IS SOOO CUTE. GLAD THE PHONE WORKED OUT FOR MOM. IT WILL KEEP HER BUSY WHILE BEING SAFE! GOTTA GET BACK TO THE HEALTHY EATING THIS MONTH. I WAS STARTING TO STRAY AGAIN SINCE LAST MONTH. I'LL TRY TO THINK LEAN MEATS AND FRESH VEGGIES TOO! IT WOULD BE NICE TO WAKE UP FULLY REFRESHED.....I AGREE!

PATTY~ TODAY WAS 60 DEGREES! WE FEEL LIKE THE MIDDLE OF SPRING! SENDING SOME LOWER TEMPS YOUR WAY!! SO WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE? HOWS THE EXERCISE GOING AND THE DOG?

GOOD MORNING WORLDLIES. I THOUGHT I POSTED YESTERDAY BUT GUESS NOT. THE BATHTUB LINER INSTALLATION IS GOPING WELL. THERE WERE ONLY A FEW BECAUSE THE BUDGETS ARE SO SMALL THIS YEAR. I AM TAKING THE DAY TO MYSELF. HOPEFULLY MY FRIEND COMES BACK TOMORROW. JUST RESTING UP AND MAYBE READ FOR AWHILE. I'M STILL A SLEEPY HEAD SO MAYBE A NAP...I'M N OT BIG ON NAPS BUT ONE TODAY SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #53  
Annie - Indiana

Hump Day...here we go!!

Good Morning all....

Shad...every time eat eat the wrong foods, I feel like poo too. Even before I had bariatric surgery. Now it is twice as bad. Let's see...meatloaf for car repair..I could do that and I make a mean loaf too!

MEL...ah, the boss is on vacation, well I take that as an "in house" vacation from the boss. Are you one of the ones getting a new tub? A nap sounds blissful.

Chelle...congrats on the nice walk..wow, you have come a long way baby. I took a really long walk on Monday, but haven't much since then. I went home and drank a Optemator Spaten a German Dark sweet type beer. Laid down at 6o and woke up at 8:00.

Happy...feel better, I am fighting one hellava cold, cough, etc right now. Also very tired of it. I loved your little poem.

After I woke up at 8 last night I watched a bit of the Michael Jackson memorial. It is sad that such a great legend died but I think they are making entirely too much out of his death and all.

We are having a pitch in tomorrow. I have elected to make my famous baked beans. Easy enough with not much effort. President is bring a honey baked ham from the Honey Baked Store, the director is bring fried chicken from somewhere, the rest of us are pitching in the sides. Just what I need, more food.

Not much else going on today, thank God. Everyone have a super marvelous day.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #54  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Hump Day ladies -

Went to a baseball game last night....had a cheeseburger, fries and 3 beers. Probably not the smartest thing to do before weigh in, but they all tasted SOOOOOO good! Anyway, I guess I was born under a lucky star or something....even after my indulgences last night...I managed to lose 0.8 lb this week - down to an even 230. Still a long way to get to goal...but anyway!

Shad - That is so funny about your friend "J" trying to make diners healthier. Not sure if I'll add music to my website, but attractive images, design and layout are certainly important. I hope you are able to get stuff done so you don't have to work this weekend and get to enjoy Sydney sightseeing.

Mel - I hope you got a nice, relaxing, refreshing nap today!

Annie - I'm not a big fan of dark beer, but glad you enjoyed it. Your pitch in sounds like fun, hopefully they'll be some yummy healthy choices too.

Patty - I hope you get a chance to meet up with Ceejay!

Ceejay - I hope you're enjoying your vacation!!

Big to Happy, Ruth, Jolly and everyone!

I've got a meeting in a couple minutes....gotta go.

Lots of love and big hugs,
Old 07-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #55  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
A wet and cold day here, although not as cold as it has been over the past week or so.
I'm having problems with the system this morning. Can't get into the documentation developer program. It tells me it is loading the library. Well it has been doing that for some time now (around an hour) so I guess it will have to stop it and dis-install/ re-install the bloody thing.

Michelle good for you to have lost weight even though you went to a baseball game and eat the usual stuff. You are doing well.

Annie - like I said, between me and the DS2 we have friends in most businesses and DS2 did a sort of intro 101 to Panel beating a couple of years back. Mates rates are common for electricians, panelbeaters, builders (well we did have tame builder but he up and died some time back) computers, dingo (bob cat) drivers, turf growers, IT installations, furniture assemblers and IT administration, furniture movers and a few other bits and pieces too numerous to mention as well as those with trucks, utes, tractors, diggers, ride on mowers and fencing augurs. So we are fairly set for all that as long as we give them a bit of notice and they can put in a request for 'what's on the barbie' that day. Nothing like the bartering system is there?

Mel - sounds like you are the complete busy bee for the moment. Just ensure that you look after your own needs as well as all the 'old girls'. Yep 7 working days to go today. I have a couple of other things tucked away for the future and some time off would be nice. There's plenty to do at home now that the winter has arrived. Ie. the spiders and cockroaches and ants think it might be a good idea to live inside. Do I have news for them!

Ceejay - probably busy packing for her holiday in the Lone Star State. Hope it is a good one.

And now it is time for me to get out of here. I'd better take a look at reinstalling the product. Yuck.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #56  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

A Quick Post. The Men Are Ready To Install Jen's Tub Liner And The Boss Is Back. See Everyone Tomorrow. Have A Great Thursday!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #57  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Congratulations Michelle on another great weightloss week - even with beer! Keep up the good work. Good luck on the website layout. Just relax - maybe go sit under the tree again and if you stop trying so hard, it might come to you because sometimes it's just like that

Ceejay - have a good trip.

Shad - always good to know people who know people to help out. More for getting decent service than price even. Didn't realize it was cold enough for you to need a wool knit cap where you are. I have plenty I can send you.

Mel - hope the new tub comes out all pretty and shiny. Don't you get anything?

Annie - yum, homemade baked beans - doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy your picnic. Glad you liked the "poem" - actually it's a polka song generally sung in a sloppy manner after consuming about 4 kegs of beer

Patty - mojo is magic compared to karma which is the universe paying you back - be it good or bad. Some people throw mojo in the voodoo family and are actually quite scared of it. My friend actually took it a bit on the serious side. I was flattered that he shared, and apparently it worked!

Yesterday was a sort of a bummer day in general. I am still a bit blue over it. I am coming to grips with my mortality and the unmistakeable fact that I am no longer a spring chicken, no matter what my head thinks.

Better get on with the day before my job goes in the toilet too.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #58  
Annie - Indiana

Morning Ladies.....

I bought a powerball lottery ticket for last night's drawing, haven't checked it yet, but am SURE I am a winner and we all no longer have to work. I will let you know.

Happy...I think I would rather have mojo than karma. So far karma is killing me. lol

MEL...your "in-house" vacation is now over, the boss is back, is that like the song The B*tch is Back"?

Shad...I wish I did have a better bartering system in place, I could sure use that kind of help. Only thing I could barter is my cooking, cleaning, and minimal computer skills.

Chelle...rock on with the weight loss. See beer is GOOD for you. lol. hmmmmmm, a beer diet. or maybe a grapefruit and vodka diet...margarita diet....mexican martini diet...the list is endless....

I made Italian pasta with vodka cream sauce for dinner last night. It was quite yummy. Tony loved it. He took some home for the boys and for his lunch and I still had a couple of servings left. It is quite rich and caloric, but quite yummy.

I started my freakin period this morning. SO much for the ablation. Had night sweats the last three nights as usual before a period, altho I will say no cramping and we will see on how heavy it is. Um did I tell you all that the CA125 ovarian cancer results? Don't think I did, however, one should be in the range of 0-20 for normal. I was at 19. He said it was a high normal, yet normal. Maybe repeat the test in a couple of years. I feel fairly good about the results.

Not much going on, other than the girl giving me a ride to work today back in to a car coming out of her driveway before picking me up. Geez, does not good to befriend me, you might crash your car. THis is some bad karma, mojo or whatever I have going on, but really ready to get some upbeat postive stuff now.

Hi to all,

Much love and hugs,
Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #59  
Creating a Healthier Me

Sure Happy it's Thursday!!

I fully intended to stay within points yesterday. I had my dinner all planned out in my mind, but when I got home, my DMIL had spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove. It was so nice of her to cook for us! She is so very thoughtful and does stuff to help me out all the time. I looked in my WW book to check out the points value for spaghetti...well over what I had planned for dinner. But I ate it because (1) she spent several hours making the sauce and I did not want her to feel bad by choosing to eat something else, and (2) she's leaving in 3 weeks so I will enjoy having someone cook for us while it lasts and balance out my points on other days.

It worked out anyway because I used exercise points to make up the difference. Yesterday was my weigh in for my work-sponsored Weight Mgmt program, today is WW's weigh in...hopefully last night's spaghetti won't tip the scales too badly.

Shad - I love the concept of "mates rates". DH does computer repair/building for friends at "mates rates", which is usually a 6 pack or 12 pack of beer. Bartering is GREAT! I've done that too...offering "mates rates" or bartering for website design/programming. When I first started out, I built friends' websites for free on the condition that I could include their site in my portfolio and that they would give me a good recommendation. How funny that you call bob cat machines dingos, and auto body shop are panelbeaters. I hope the software reinstall went well and that you were able to get stuff accomplished. I'll bet you're looking forward to getting home and evicting your 6-legged and 8-legged tenants. Thanks so much for sending the photos, I'm using the wildflower orchids as a background image on the website. It's lovely.

Mel - Did the installation of Jen's tub liner go smoothly? You've been so busy. Are you going to take a Mel-iday for yourself sometime soon? Are the tub installers a bit of eye candy?

Happy - I actually brainstormed a website design with a friend - she's a graphic artist, and I think it's really attractive. Right now, it's a Photoshop image, and I have to slice and dice it and create the code to make it work as a website. Once the design is done, the coding and writing are the easy parts for me. I should have it done by the end of the weekend. And we're supposed to have gorgeous weather, so I can hear my chaise lounge and the birds calling me for a nap under a tree. Ahhhhh, heavenly. As for mortality...I'm kinda cool with that as it helps me remember to live each day to the fullest and be grateful for all the love I have in my life. If I had to go back to my 20s, there's NO WAY that I would. My life just keeps getting better and better in so many ways...sure there are things that could be improved, but as I've aged my sense of being comfortable and content as I am has grown. I'm no spring chicken...but that's okay...because I appreciate everything about life so much more now. My health is not perfect, but I'm taking steps toward improving that. I'm loving every single day.

Annie - I hope you won the Powerball. I would be happy if I could barter with someone - Web Design/computer skills or DH's computer/car repair skills in exchange for cooking and cleaning services! Where do I sign up? So happy to hear that your CA125 test came back in the normal range! Sorry about Aunt Flo's visit...and hopefully there will be no cramping. Too bad about your friend's car accident. I'm going to send some magic dust your way to wash away any bad karma. Keep thinking positive, positive, positive my friend.

I'm in a great mood...glad the weekend is nearly here...glad we still have a few weeks left with DMIL. Life is so good, and I'm living the dream. (my apologies if my good mood is making any of you gag).

I'm so grateful for all of you wonderful Worldlies!

Lots of love and hugs,
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #60  
Creating a Healthier Me

Oooops, I forgot to include the magic pixie dust for Annie (and anyone else who wants some):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PixieDust.jpg (46.0 KB, 0 views)