Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Rhonda - Woohoo! you are well on your way to that first 10lbs.
Michelle - Menu sounds good... And at 210 1400 should be a great starting point, forget TDP for the time being...
Jo - Aw, too bad you and the pup had to miss the playdate. Hope your stomach gets better.

So today is the first day since the stuff hit the fan that I've felt the need to eat to calm myself down. It's been nagging at me all morning and now into the afternoon. I keep telling myself, "you are no longer the kind of person who eats her emotions." over and over. Had my last clementine, may have to run to the store just for another box as they are keeping my hands away from more dangerous pursuits.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #62  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

See it is a reasonable hour and I am going to go get on the treadmill now. All y'all who didn't yet better get movin' now!!

Day 3 of 2009 peeps. Dinner was OK last night, SIL was present among 12 others and behaved. I have to put the chocolate away! I am not a dessert eater typically, maybe once a week but I'd rather drink those calories, as you know, but again last night...there is a little bowl of choc truffles just sitting out so I walked by on the way to brush my teeth no less and popped one in my mouth. Not hungry, not craving, not anything...it was just THERE. Buh-bye.

I am a 200 lb woman. I can dress it up, squeeze it, put makeup on it, put jewelry on it, put sexy heels on it...but the fact remains and that is unacceptable. I am 5'5. That is a minimum of 50 lbs. Actually 55 to get into healthy zone.

Good job on the WI Jaime and Rhonda and Chelle!

Ja-you know you are about to drop...what? 180 more?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #63  
Mind over platter

Whoa, Jaime, posting at the same time. Clemintines sound like a reasonable choice if you've got to munch something! Run to the store, plus it will get you away for a bit!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #64  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Manick, rock that treadmill!

I ran across some pictures last night of me at my highest weight. Let me just say that these will definitely be included in my "before" pictures when I reach goal. Wow. There is nothing like a picture to remind me that I need to stay on-track.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #65  

Manick - 150, but if he wants to take an extra 30 with him when he goes he is more than welcome to Glad your SIL behaved - there's a nice surprise! And, I've seen your photos. You sure *can* dress up that 200lbs and make it sexy but I understand what you mean.

Rhonda - Make sure you take a minute to remember you're beautiful regardless a little self-love goes a long way. (hm, that sounded dirtier than I meant it.)
Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #66  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Ok a quick post. I promise I'll be back later. Our carpet installers are coming here in 30 mins. God I thought they'll never get here. Finally!

We just finished eating our lunch - Cashew Carrot ginger soup. Oh our pizza dough is rising...at least we hope it is. No exercise for me yet. My brain is not fully on track yet...I did plan my lunch for next week. I'm trying to decide whether to cook the oatmeal today or tomorrow for breakfast next week. Ok gotta go, hubby is getting impatient. Ciao.

Last edited by pintobean; 01-03-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #67  
Mind over platter

Ok, 1.75 miles outdoors was enough to convince me that I DO want to walk on the treadmill! And I will be grateful about it. Just going to run my hands under hot water first.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #68  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post

So today is the first day since the stuff hit the fan that I've felt the need to eat to calm myself down. It's been nagging at me all morning and now into the afternoon. I keep telling myself, "you are no longer the kind of person who eats her emotions." over and over. Had my last clementine, may have to run to the store just for another box as they are keeping my hands away from more dangerous pursuits.
Leave the house......go sit on a couch at Border's and read a mag or something.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #69  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Back from the store! I have all the tools now to keep me on track this week. I have to shift the time frame of my meals today since I woke up late and took forever at the store.

So I now (at 3 pm) am going to make breakfast.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #70  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

I have no idea how you went to the store w/o eating first. I would've bought the whole damn place.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #71  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
I have no idea how you went to the store w/o eating first. I would've bought the whole damn place.
Me, too. I can NOT shop hungry. No, no, no, no, no.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #72  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Are you hanging in there Jaime, keeping your hands busy? Knitting some more giant hats perchance?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #73  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I went to the store today without eating lunch. I did surprisingly well at $50

Sundae nut cones because it isn't often that I buy those for DH and I am trying to make amends about his lunch.

DS got to pick out a doughnut for his dessert tonight because he won't eat the strawberry shortcake.

On the bright side I got clementines, brussels, squash, onions, carrots, grapes, and bananas.

Already downed 80 ounces of water.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #74  
Mind over platter

Oh yeah, water--thanks for the reminder!

I need to start the whole, real routine on Monday. Daily plate logging, check the water off, set up daily vitamins, mark the exercise on the calendar. I am doing all those things today but I don't feel in control of it yet. It is haphazard. The commitment you all made to exercise today, and dh sleeping in, DID get me doing that at least and I had a controlled breakfast, so it's a start. Peer pressure...not self-directed choice. Not that it's not a good motivator but I did not plan it necessarily...it just happened because it was the first thing I read this morning.

2 more family dinners to get through tonight and tomorrow afternoon. We will be at my mother's house so it should be a "safe zone". I am in charge of potatoes. I'm thinking little red potatoes roasted with lemon juice and olive oil with parsley on top at the end. We are getting tired of mixed roasted potatoes and I have no more carrots or yams anyway. I am going to bring something green to eat myself.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #75  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I haven't caught up totally on everything, but saw that jamie lost 2.6 which is SUPER DUPER AWESOME WOW!

I passed up on fries today, yep. It doesn't get easier. This is about the 3rd time this week I had to watch FH eat fried and not eat any - oh and he even threw some away... which makes them even MORE tempting.... This isn't easy being a fry-eating-machine with no fries.

Manick- You sure don't look like those stats in the pictures I have seen!

Last edited by vixjean; 01-03-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Closed Thread