Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #16  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Quickie because w/ Gaby home we never seem to get up til 10am now. Makes the day go fast and I am always behind schedule!

Ate broccoli w/ lite Italian dressing last night and after that I must have gobbled down 20 salt water taffy's. Why I did that I don't know. Actually, I do. It was because it tasted good. lol

Didn't finish The Quickie by Patterson, seemed a little too far fetched to me, the story line, I mean. So, I went to sleep.

anyway - I hear you about people getting your schedule all messed up Cristina!! lol

k- be back later after I get some things done.

Hi to everyone!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-07-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #17  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing a pop in while I wait for Tommy to get home from work so that we can go grocery shopping! I have my list all set to go, and I have my list of dinners, so we are doing great there! I just have to go over the lists one more time to make sure that I have every thing on there so we don't forget anything!

Francie~ What is the Curves book about? Is it about the Curves workout thing?

SuzieQ~ I hear ya! We get up around 9:30 or 10am every morning, and by then I am trying to get every thing back on track to where they were before school let out! I have been trying to get back onto that schedule, but we haven't achieved that just yet.

Sassy~ That sounds like me! I need some kind of caffeine to get me up and moving, and since I don't drink coffee, that only leaves pop and tea.

Cristina~ For some reason, I was thinking either $40 or $45. I think that Tommy wasn't thinking clearly when he put an amount on it. But that is beside the point. Any plans for this weekend?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #18  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Hello Ladies!!

I know that I've been MIA for quite awhile but I've had so much going on. While on our Myrtle Beach vacation a few weeks ago, my FIL passed away and it made for quite a crappy vacation. MB is about a 9 hr drive from our house and 4 hr from my in-laws so we had a ton of driving to do. We had just arrived in MB the day before he died and had seen him the morning before and he looked good. Oh well, we should all hope to live to 85!! Bless his heart, he was a wonderful man.

On a happier note...I'm just knee deep into wedding plans for both my kids and trying to redecorate 3 bedrooms (in anticipation of out of town guest).

Francie--13 days huh....if you need any help with navigating your new stomping grounds, give me a holler and I'll show you around Annapolis.

Cristina--how are you Hun?! (Francie, you gotta get used to "Hun", it's a Baltimore thing!)

Sassy--I do recall you being Diabetic. Good luck on your A1C results.

Mindee--how are the kiddo's?

I'm feeling like a stuffed pig about now. I came home early from work and we went out to a chinese buffet and the rice is expanding in my stomach as I type!! I've got a bridal shower (for future DIL) on Sat and then it's back to WW for me. Oh, and don't look at the ticker below my signature.....it lies
Old 08-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #19  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Sassy~I always tried to be organized with my walk in closets. But that only lasted about a month, lol. My smaller closets are usually stuffed to the core with blankets, winter clothes, towels, holiday decorations, etc. LoL!!

Cristina~My friend is going to have a yard sale, and she wants me to save the books for that. So I figure why not? She just better have it asap, or I'll just give them all away. I dont really care about making money off of them though. Most of them I bought at the Goodwill anyways, lol. I do think the reward is working. He's been cleaning without complaining. So thats good. I know he wants that Guitar Hero badly!!

Susan~Mmm..I love salt water taffy!!

Mindee~I'm not sure..but I think this is the book that I have: http://www.amazon.com/Curves-Permane...8163363&sr=8-1

Tammy~Sorry to hear about your FIL. May he rest in peace. I will totally give you a holla when we get there, lol. We should be there around the beginning of Sept.

Okay well..I had a very busy day. I woke up around 6:30am-ish, lol. My plan was to clean while it was still cool in the morning..but when I got up..it was really warm in here, so that sucked. Then I spent a an hour emailing my friend, lol. So I really didnt start cleaning until 7:30/8. And it only took me a few mins to finish up the rest of the walk in closet. It looks very nice now. Afterwards I passed out until 11, woke Fonzo up at 1:30pm. Then I cleaned the entry way closet. I already have another bag ready for the Goodwill!! And am halfway through filling another bag. So thats 2 closets down, 2 more to go. The 5th closet isnt really messy. It just has my old stuff in it..and it's just gonna get packed asap. So no need to clean that.

My back is soooooo sore. I'm like getting a major workout moving huge giant trash bags, and boxes everywhere. Plus..this place is so crowed with trash bags that I have to leap over everything, lol. So my thighs & feet are hurting too. My cats are having a field day with all the crap in here, lol. It's like one giant fort for them. They play all day then just pass out for the rest of the day, lol. They have such a hard life, . Whatever..all the trash is going out on sunday!! WOOHOO!!!

I'm excited for tomorrow. For one..I'm not gonna totally overdo it while cleaning. Well..I'll at least try not to, lol. But I plan on taking a nice HOT shower, and doing my nails while watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Then on saturday..it will be our last day in Seattle.
So we'll be there for most of the day. I think I'm going to miss Seattle the most. I really like it there...

Anyhoo..I'm gonna get going. Why do I always write so much stuff?? LOL!!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #20  

just popping in.......I didn't get quite a work out like Francie, but we went grocery shopping, with all three kids, so that was a work out in itself. Especially when Brandon would walk away with one of the baskets with either Logan or Marissa in it, so I was literally running down the aisle to get the basket and Brandon before one or both ended up hitting something!

Francie~ If you are looking for a new home for the Curves book and the South Beach book (if you have one), I will be more then happy to take them off your hands. Those weren't the ones that your friend was taking, were they?

Tammy~ It is so good to hear from you! The kids are doing well! Brandon and Logan are having a blast watching me chase them when they run out the front door, Marissa is gearing up to walk here shortly.......she has taken some steps by herself the past few days. So, I will be off to the races here shortly!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:42 AM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~No, I was just going to sell them all at her yard sale..But if you want the books you can have them for free. Can I send them to you after I get to Annapolis though??
Old 08-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning, chickies...

Up bright and early...love it when it is so cool like this...made for a nice walk.

TAMMY...so sorry to hear about you FIL :hugs: Sounds like you are a busy little bee. Have fun at the shower.

FRANCIE...I love Seattle too! But you will have new adventures in a new city that I am sure you will love even more! Take it easy with the packing and cleaning...it definitely is a workout so don't over do it. Take lots of breaks missy, that's an order, lol.

MINDEE...sounds like you guys had an adventure of your own with the kids at the store! No plans for the weekend here...some staining I think. V is finally going to finish the pergola...it is actually finished but he wanted to add to the side...just never got around to it. I also plan on playing catchup with my reading...only one book read and should have had at least two, lol.

SUSAN...for some reason The Quickie didn't interest me at all. Of course I think there are a lot of his books I don't care to read but want to stick with the Alex Cross series...feel a bond there and have to keep up with my Alex, lol. When do the kids head back to school? They go back here the 14th...I swear it gets earlier every year.

HI to everyone else

And speaking of staining...that is what I am doing today as well. Got my walk in this morning and will do a dvd later. Have a load of laundry to get done and take the recycling to the bin and that's about it for my day. Just trying to get some computer time in before I start at 9'ish. The grass is wet and don't really want to be in it so...

What are your plans for the day and weekend? Anyone doing anything special or fun? Have a great day whatever you do!

I'll be back a little later to chat some more.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #23  

nothing really major on this end........at least not right now!

Logan is in his room, supposed to be taking a nap. BUT he is also grounded as well! He decided that it would be fun to run across the parking lot and down the trail that leads to the gas station and the busy main street that we live behind. so, needless to say, I got a work out and he got grounded!

Francie~ Thank you so much! That is not a problem at all! How is the cleaning coming along?

Cristina~ That was a work out in itself! And then I had yet another work out today! I think they just like to see me run! Girl, you are kicking my butt in the walking, I better step up my game! I still have to make it over to that website, goodreads, I think. I have been meaning to get over there, maybe I will do that here in a second. Or at least bookmark the page so I can come back to it.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Morning -

Just another fly by, pmsing today. Oh joy. Up on the scale to 151 one of those weeks, munchies overtook me.

Kids go back here on the 3rd Cristina! yay......

Need to get Gabster to her doctors appt after I go change the ole ticker.

You all have a good Friday, will try and get back on later this afternoon.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-08-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #25  
kitty Momo

Hey all

Was I the last to post?? I have a second now before I start getting Gabster ready for a trip to the park. She needs to get out and run some energy off....her check up has her at 87 pounds and 4'5 so spent most of the visit talking about healthier ways to live by.....her tv time is suppose to be cut to 60 minutes, no more slurpee's, no more fast food, more veggies and fruit. blah - blah....and we were sent on our merry way. I bought carrots and broccoli because she will eat that and some low fat ranch dressing, G likes to dip her veggies. Anyway, her doctor I liked a lot, in her 1st year as an intern, sent Gaby down to the *safety station* to pick up a bike helmet.

So, anyway. I am planning another trip down to the coast Sunday, thinking of relocating and if I do it will be in the next 2 weeks.

If that happens I will be right behind you in packing Franice!! Sounds like you are a busy bee and I agree about Seattle, it is so beautiful up there.

awww,poor little Logan and getting grounded....you are right though Mindee, he needs to be safe and be aware of danger. He sure keeps you hopping, huh??

Sassy - How is the pop drinking going??? I love Starbucks coffee, a grande keeps me going most of the day.

Cristina - I have Cross, maybe I will read that tonight. I finished Mistaken Idenity last night. Just the beach for me, weather won't be as nice as last weekend though but the salt water taffy will be there

Tammy Very sorry about your FIL but it is nice to see you back posting.

k- time is up.... to Katy, Jules, Sue and Carla!!

Feeling fat, feeling bloated tonight...I so hate TOM/FLO or whatever the Eve curse is called. lol

toodles!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-08-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #26  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~Does sleeping for an entire day count as taking a break? LoL!! Because thats basically what Fonzo & I did on friday. Fonzo actually slept more than me. I woke up at 11, then went back to sleep at 3. He didnt wake up until 6pm, lol.

Mindee~Okay..The book is yours..same w/the SBD. I'll move them to my regular book box and put a post it on it to remind me. And in case I dont unpack that box, remind me once I get to Annapolis, lol.

So like I told Cristina..we slept all day long. It was totally worth it. My body doesnt feel so sore anymore. Thank God!!! LoL!! But its back to cleaning on sunday. I'm gonna try to do as much as possible. I guess our next day off from cleaning will be on the 12th, cuz thats when Fonzo is off the ship. We're gonna go out to dinner & see a movie.

I'm very excited for Seattle. We'll actually be going up the Space Needle again. Which will be our 2nd time!! We're also gonna go to Pike's Market Place, and to the Pier. And maybe to the shopping area. MAYBE, lol. I dont trust myself in that area. I'm gonna take lots and lots of pictures!! So ya..I should be going to bed now. TTYL!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #27  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning, ladies...

Okay, so I was going to get back on last night but that didn't happen. The staining took longer than I was hoping...nothing like watching stain dry. Of course the plan was to finish it all today with starting early this morning but that isn't going to happen-it is raining and looks like it will all day. Wasn't supposed to start until tonight and into tomorrow.

Got in half my walk but got rained on and was running home so I didn't get soaked. Now I have to hit the treadmill and possibly do a dvd. I am cutting back on my walking/exercising...will do 90 minutes a day now. Mind you I may go over that once in a while but I am aiming for 90 minutes. Thinking I've been overdoing it. Now to get on track with the eating...ugh! According to the scales I am up to 187 EGADS! I honestly don't see how I gained 5 pounds this past week but who knows. I actually thought I did better than weeks before. But that has made me wake up because I refuse to gain this weight back, I REFUSE!

SUSAN...so jealous of you moving to the coast. Sorry about the scale...I'm with ya there. But I know you will get back down, you are doing great! And little Gaby, I did not realize she was that tall. Or is that average for her age? She's definitely going to be tall isn't she? She's growing up too fast for sure too! I liked Cross and Double Cross, and Mary, Mary and cannot wait until the next one comes out...Double Cross kind of left me hanging, ugh! Just started Lean Mean 13...Janet Evanovich is another fav.

MINDEE...you definitely have your hands full with little Mr Logan dont'cha? You know what, they may have you running all over the place after them, but when that stops you will miss it and remember back and laugh at all the good times. They grow up too fast. I love Goodreads...good way to keep track of my books read, books I want to read and such. There's so much to see and read and it's not just books. I like reading the reviews too.

FRANCIE...yes, sleeping all day counts, lol. I wish I could sleep all day From getting up early, (even though most days I am dragging and hate it)my body has gotten used to it and if I stay in bed longer my body aches/hurts...it gets stiff too. So as much as I hate getting up early I drag my old body out of bed. Right now though, I am sleepy, lol. When are you guys going to Seattle, is/was that today? Enjoy it!

HIYA SUE, KATY, JULES, TAMMY, SASSY and anyone reading this.

Well, I am going to do some lurking and a little bit of posting. I will be back later today for sure, need to add my miles walked for the day and going to recheck my total...for some reason I think that is off and not to my advantage. Nothing to do today with the rain messing up things.

Take care all, and have a great day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-09-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #28  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning...or I hope it is good for all you ladies. I am feeling pretty rough this morning and don't know why. Seems I have been nauseous several days this week. Enough so that Mom and DH asked me if I was pregnant. Ha ha ha..can you see that? I am 59 years old. (and I don't have the baby making parts anymore)

Thurs. and Fri. I sewed all afternoon. I was making skirts and hats for water bottles...yep, you read it right. DD took on the project for her church fair. DSIL designed, DD shopped and I sewed. LOL... Actually only had to make 3 "outfits" for those huge bottles. They use them for people to drop donations in. It is a Back to School fair and proceeds supply back packs and school supplies to the needy. Kind of a cute idea...and I like donating my time. Now it has me wanting to do more sewing, so I think I will start making fleece or flannel p.j's for winter.

I definetly have been OP for a few days. Haven't felt like eating much and being busy sure keeps me from snacking. So, you say...the key is to keep busy? I agree. I have too much spare time on my hands...and I nibble. Gotta take on more projects.

I only rode 1 mile last night, so although I counted it, I am calling that my day off.

Cristina- Maybe you ate too little this week? I hear of gals who drop the calories drastically and the body goes into "store" mode.

Francie- Have fun in Seattle and don't get too stressed about the move. It will all work out.

Mindee- I know why the Lord gives little ones to young people. He knows they need lots of energy! I get tired just reading about your babies.

Susan- I also envy your move to the coast. Are their many jobs there, or will you commute? I remember you lived there before, so I am sure you know what you are doing.

Katy- Could you post your blog addy or PM it to me? When I had a glitch I cleaned so much off my computer and I can't find you....Thanks. I love seeing your photos and reading about your life. I just do not care for Myspace. I have a name on there for my CA son and daughter to contact me and that is it. (and since they DON'T very often I might cancel that)

Sassy- Hope DH is having luck with the job search. Stay well and positive.

Tammy- So sorry to hear about your FIL. Keeping busy with these weddings will be the best thing for you...and just think of all the exercise, running around, etc.

Jules- How are you doing? I have been thinking about Teri and wondering if she is okay. She has been through a lot. I know you are enjoying Dominic....what a cutie.

Okay, I am off to see what I need to do for the rest of the day. I would prefer going to bed and pulling the covers over my head. Not an option however. Have to take Baby to the groomer in a bit, then groceries and who knows what else.

HAve a good week-end all.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

Yee haw, I am back to 150 this morning, thank goodness. I get so distracted with the messed up schedule we are on and the heat makes me restless and .........ya, pig out week fer sure..at least it is down now. It gets so frustrating!!

Sue - what a cute idea about the water bottles! Maybe it is the heat that is making younot feel well?? Or not enough liquids???

Cristina - Hang in there about the weight! It is like the 2 steps forward and 3 step back dance I seem to be doing too. But you are still doing awesome ,especially in the exercise dept.

to everyone else........ Mindee, Katy, Sassy, Jules ((where ARE you?!?!?!)) Tammy, Carla , Asia and Francie!! How you ladies are enjoying your weekend.

So, ya. I might move to the coast....Cristina and Sue already have me moved...lmao. I am going down tomorrow to look at 3 places , they are all in Astoria, where I want to be because of the river. When I lived in Warrenton we were near the marina but not the beach. So, at least in Astoria the river and bay are right there and it is so peaceful. Plus if I did move there Gaby would go to the Kindergarten Cop school that was in the movie. I know. What a flakey mother I am to move my child for a school but it is a really cute school. . I have a friend that runs his own property management business along w/ his wife so he has lined these places up for me tomorrow. One is 4 stories ((Victorian style))w/ a basement, main floor, 3rd floor is 2 bedrooms w/ a bath and the 4th floor is a loft that could be a bedroom, also the beasement is finished and could be a bedroom....for a grand total of $750.
I just figure I might as will be a *Happy Mother* instead of a miserable mother. I lived on the coast for 11 years, it really is where I was happiest, even when I was overweight and it is where I lost the 110 back in 2000, so I know I would be happy there, and being near the water is something that brings a lot of peace of mind ((I know,....what a loon - lol )) .I mean, I use to be a nice person (true) I never use to yell at SUV mom's or other be so annoyed with other people...I blame it on city life ......also there is a 4 miles paved walkway along the riverfront that is right outside most of these apartments ((ok, might have to walk 2 or 3 blocks but still close!))
So, I will see what happens tomorrow. Cross Fingers!!

You all have a good day. I HAVE to clean my closest and toss a lot of junk out.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #30  
kitty Momo

Isn't that pretty?? You can see the trolly tracks and the walking path goes along side it for the 4 miles. The bridge is 4 miles long and goes to Wash. ((Columbia river)) The other 2 mile bridge goes south over to Warrenton and that is where the bay is....*sigh......anyway, just blabbering and hoping.

Closed Thread