Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #61  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! Just checking in quick to see how everyone is doing. I've been sick for a week with the same upper respiratory crap that the girls have had...so nice of them to share, huh? I'm so tired of coughing and my stomach muscles feel like I've done a million sit-ups! I wonder if coughing gives the same benefits of sit-ups? Anyway, I'm still here...just haven't felt much like being on the computer.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #62  

Suzy-Feel better!
Old 07-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #63  

Gayle I would love to trade geo coins. that would be fun. What a cool cashe that was with the penny and fishing line. We also went hunting last night. We found one and looked hard for three others. When we looked them up two were muggled and one is legit, it is still there. We do think we know exactly where it is though. I was a bit nervous as the police we right there and I didn't want to look crazy and have them lock me up. We might go out today when Dez gets here.
I am glad that you guys are enjoying the hunt!

Suzy take care.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #64  
Losing it!

Suzy, feel better soon sweetie!

Dee, I sent you info. Please disregard the first email. For some reason the link didn't post so on the second email I just copied and pasted most of the info. Let me know if you want it.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #65  
Janice

suzy - hope you feel better today. I've had a sore throat for about 5 days.
Starting holidays for the next twelve days, then I work for the weekend, then start vacation for another 24 days. The weather is wonderful, sunny and warm. Just heading out for a walk by the lake before it gets too hot out. Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #66  

Janice I am sending you the rain. It started rainning here today. Are you doing anything for your vacation? How is Doug doing? I hope your sore throat gets better soon.

Gayle I will check my email right away and let you know. Larry thought that it sould be fun.

Suzy how are you feeling today?

Cheryl how is little Jake? What new stage is he at? They change and grow up so fast.

Shelley how was the party on the weekend? It sure is fun to see everyone on a happy occasion.

We got a car load of Baba and Papa's stuff last night. Now I have to go and tackle it and see what we would like.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #67  

I hate cleaning my shower!!!!! Stewart put one in that's some kind of plastic material and it gets SO DIRTY. And it has grooves underneath the actual walls that get moldy if they're not cleaned at least once a week.

I'm sorry to hear about Jackie dying, Dee. Shelley is right, crying is good for you. Sending you a cyber hug.

All you sick-chicks get to feeling better!!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #68  
Losing it...again!

After another sleepless night spent coughing, I decided this morning that enough was enough and broke down and went to the doctor. It's a good thing I went. I have bronchitis with a possible touch of pneumonia. The doctor was having a hard time hearing my lungs (someone was coughing too much ) and said that he could do a chest x-ray to find out for sure, but the treatment would be the same so no point in having the x-ray. I now have antibiotics and a narcotic cough medicine (he said 2 teaspoons of that would guarantee me a good night's sleep ) so hopefully I'll be on the mend now!

Janice ~ Maybe you should think about seeing the doctor too! Feel better soon!

I'll catch up with everyone else once I'm feeling a little better. Thanks for all the well wishes!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #69  
Losing it!

How did the cough syrup work Suzie??? Feeling better yet?

Dee, I'll send you the coin along with some small items from Dodge City/Kansas to stash into a cache or two. Will try to get it out to you this week.

Cheryl, tell Stewart since he installed the shower, he gets to clean it too!!! LOL!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #70  

Thanks Gayle I will do like wise.

Today was Jackie's funeral. My mom asked me if I would say something on her behalf. That was fine with me but it was an hour before the funeral. Talk about scrambling to put things together and to get ready myself. Here is what I said....

JACKIE

Who was Jackie to us?

“Jackie” was a Family Friend: Laughing & telling stories, and a good listener.

“Jackie's” Moms best friend: mom said Jackie was always there when she needed support, she would always cheer her up. she always counted on her.

“Jackie” was a Great Cook WINS the BEST Borscht AWARD, Larry comes from a Ukrainian family and hands down “Jackie” wins. I only use her recipe.

“Jackie” was a Great Giver, even 3 weeks ago she brought mom dessert. Not to mention the canning, baking and flowers. Her arms were never empty.

“Jackie” was a World Traveler, those of you that knew her, knew she loved to travel.
Mom and dad enjoyed the company of “Jackie” & “John”
-twice to Cuba
-Awesome Texas memories
-Winters in Osoyas, BC
- We even got to enjoy a week at a cottage at Hill Side Beach. I remember mom & “Jackie” sitting with their feet up enjoying drinks on the deck while the boys played cards.
Even a few weeks ago she made a trip to Thief River Falls with friends.

“Jackie” Loved Cards Mom remembered “Jackie” playing cards nightly in B.C.

“Jackie” was Computer Literate I would often wake up & turn on the PC and see an email from “Jackie”. I always knew if she had slept the night before by the time her email arrived. Many times it was around 3 in the morning.

One email I clearly remember was titled “Packing up My Tent and Going Home”

“Jackie” knew the Lord was calling her home. She was ready, she was packing up her tent. She is with the Lord.

One of my last email from “Jackie” was a poem titled “The After Glow”

I’d like to share it with you.

After Glow

I’d like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I’d like to leave an after glow
of smiles when life is done.
I’d like to leave an echo
whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
and bright and sunny days.
I’d like the tears of those who grieve,
to dry before the sun
of happy memories
that I leave when life is done.
Love Jackie
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #71  

Suzy take care of yourself. About the patches I am not sure what to do with them. What do you think?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #72  
Losing it...again!

Dee ~ My friend MaryJo had that same poem read at her funeral. I think you did a lovely job on the eulogy...I'm sure Jackie would be proud!

Another idea came to me about what to do with the embroidery patches...what about a table runner or dresser scarf?

Recovery is coming a lot slower than I would like, but I do think that I am starting to feel a little bit better. The cough medicine really helps...I take that and can't feel anything!

How are you feeling Janice?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #73  
Losing it!

Dee, Jackie is beaming with the eulogy you gave her. The poem is awesome, I had never seen it before. How about some toss pillows made from the fabric? The center piece could even be a scanned photo on fabric? That is about as creative as I get.

Suzy, glad the meds are working. Continue to get some rest.

Last edited by gdeann; 07-09-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #74  

Dee, you almost made me tear up
Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #75  

Y'all, I can't seem to break this mid-240's mark!!!! I seem to be maintaining here. I've got to get on track and DO SOMETHING!

A couple of weeks ago, if you'll remember, I started getting up at 4:30 so I could walk since my afternoons are full of Jake . Now, Stewart has decided that he wants to sleep "late" and that since I'm up I can take care of the baby in the mornings, too. If I don't he'll just let Jake sit in his little chair and watch TV/cry and not even change his poopy diaper (I swear, WHY do we have to tell men everything to do?).

I'm just going to have to get tough with him and let him know that the reason I'm getting up so early is so I can have some ME time. He won't be happy, but he'll live.
Closed Thread