Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone- how was the weekend?
Mine wasokay although saturday night I overate and had a tummy ache!! Sunday was a pretty good day.

Julie- good for you on the workout!! How did it go? I personnally never make it through an entire video without getting interrupted!! I've just gotten use to it!
I'm sorry about your mom. Why don't you give her soem time and space and then maybe tell her how everyone misses her at the meetings and see if you can get her to come back!

Christy don't give up. Is your goal to get more tonedor to actually lose more weight? How long have you been stuck? Have you tried changing your diet or workout routine? If you really have tried everything then maybe a personal trainer? My sister really wanted to get to 14% bodyfat at one point and just couldn't so she hired a trainer and he got her there. Good luck either way! You can do this!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 160/145/125

Height: 5ft.3in

Good Morning Everyone. Well today isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I lost 1 pound, I guess that is better than gaining 1 pound right. How can 1 day of overeating ruin a good week.

2beautiful....I wish I could hire a personal trainer or even have time to go to the gym....My life is so hectic right now. Like today I work 6:30am until 4:30pm, DD has a basketball game which will last until 6-6:30, run home for a few minutes then back to the school for a writing meeting at 7pm; it will probaly last until 8-8:30, then back home to get kids ready for next day... Where is me time. None today. I thick I'm more excited about summer break than my girls. School is just as tough on us parent as the kids. Thanks for your support and your positive words have inspired me to not give up today. I think I'm going to throw my scale out or atleast have DH to lock it in his shop. I think the scale is what hurts me, I have this fantasy that I have to weigh 125lbs. when all in all before baby girl #4 was concieved I weighed 139ilbs. and I was happy with myself. I just feel so much bigger now when actually I am only 2 1/2 inches bigger around my waist & Hips, but everything is much softer now. What to do.
I've been trying to get back to low carb again, but it isn't working, Maybe I'll give WW another try... My sister in law did portion control, ate a snickers bar everyday and lost over 40 pounds in 6 months.

Well ladies I have to get back to work.. Sorry for the ranting again, and 2beautiful thanks for your motivation...Christy
racerwife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #63  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Just a quickie - well my wonderful daughter has slept for 4 hours (and has just woken up), so I did my ironing, had lunch, did my DVD without even having to take her to my mum's, AND had a shower.

Yes, you read right, I DID MY WORKOUT DVD - Woo!!

I actually did pretty well till I got to the bit where I had to do star jumps and realised that I peed myself a little every time I did them!! Yay for crappy pelvic floor muscles. So I had to substitute something else. But aside from that I did everything else except the ab exercises which I struggled with. But then at the height of my fitness I found those difficult so I'm not surprised.

So, overall, a good workout.

Will posts my stats later, Ruby's tummy is hungry.

Last edited by Robsia; 02-11-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #64  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I finally got past the 208 and now I'm down 10 pounds, I'm at 205. I was so happy when I saw the numbers on the scale. I didn't think I would make it down 10 pounds. Now my next goal is to make it down under the 200's and I know I can do it. I can do it probably within the next week or so. I know I can. thanks for all the suggestions. Yeah, I try to watch my intake and what I'm eating. I haven't been eating very much. It's really hard when I have 4 kids (5 with hubby), 2 dogs, and 5 puppies. I don't have the time to eat. I try to get a snack in but it's always on the go on the go on the go and can't stop. But I know I can overcome whatever obstacle i'm facing now.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #65  

Way to go tkglenn. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Last edited by racerwife07; 02-11-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #66  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

I have a feeling I'll be stuck at the 205 for alittle bit so I think i'm gonna start snacking on grapefruit. I know that helps lose weight. gotta run. kids have doctors appointments. will catch up later.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #67  
MasterHarper

Here are my stats for this week:

Week 10:
Starting Weight: 190 lb (1 week post-partum)
Current Weight: 169.3 lb

Lost this week: 1.8 lb
Lost so far: 20.7 lb (37.7 lb from pre-birth)

To lose to get to pre-pg (144): 25.3 lb
To lose to get to ultimate goal (135): 34.3 lb
Old 02-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 143/137/125

Julie -- CONGRATS on such a productive day! I do want to comment on the ab work. If it's not a postnatal workout and DO NOT push yourself in this area, and check with your mid-wife. I push myself when I get into the grove, and that is what happened to me when I injured myself with inclined sit-ups. :-( I specifically went to a gym AND hired a personal trainer... and they pushed me more than I should have been pushed at the time (and I was 9 months post delivery). It took my body nearly a year to recover from the internal tear.

I just got back from the store and picked up a dedicated pair of workout sneakers. Not to be worn outside for walking, yardwork, anything... Solely for indoor aerobics, the elliptical and treadmill. I am so afraid of causing another stress fracture (if I haven't already done so).

Since I'm so new, my ticker doesn't show... but then again, I can't remember how to get to it to update. AF just ended... I've cut calories AND I've increased my exercises... so I am down 1.6 pounds since Wednesday. I would really like to get to 130 by the middle of April (I have 7.4 pounds to go). Then 125 from there. All very realistic if I don't injure myself again.

TK - congrats on breaking the plateau! :-)
Aquahaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #69  

Ladies... My ranting is over, I have screwed my head back on straight and moving forward. I can't change what I did yesterday, but I can control what I do today. You all have helped so much by just posting your success this week.

Julie....Excellent job on the weight loss & getting your workout in...Your an inspiration to me.

tk....Congrats on beating your scale this week!

Aquahaze.. Girl 1.6 pounds since Wednesday, You have inspired me not to give up.

Christy
Old 02-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 201/190/170

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone... I'm SO frustrated!!! I weighed on Sat and was down to 193 (YAY!!) And today it says 197. What the heck!? I have been ridiculously careful and worked out the past 5 days straight. I know it can be just a normal fluctuation, but isn't a 4 lb difference pretty hefty?! It just really has me down
InAGroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 143/137/125

I've had that happen to me too (the scale jumping). Since I weigh myself each morning and input it into the computer, it's nice to see how it spikes and readjusts. Usually, it's water retention, so it's a one day thing and *I* return to the previous day's measure the following morning.
Aquahaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 201/190/170

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, aquahaze - hopefully that will be my case tomorrow...
InAGroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #73  

Hey aquahaze...Do you find weighing yourself daily helps keep you on track?

Welcome, inagroove..I know how you feel, I let one day of overeating ruin my whole week of good behavior. I think I'll have to give up my cheat day for awhile or atleast until I get better control. Giving up soda for good.. No more weekend soda drinking for me.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 AM   #74  
MasterHarper

tk - WTG on getting down to 205 - next stop onederland!!

Aquahaze - thanks for the advice on abs - didn't realise it could be dangerous. I will take it easyfor a while. Well done on your loss.

racer - great attitude!! You'll do fine I'm sure.

Inagroove - are they digital scales? Mine do that sometimes - but it's always three pounds. I just wait till they go off and then weigh myself again and they go back to normal. If that doesn't work it's probably just water as Aquahaze said.

I weigh myself daily too - I like to see the numbers go down. Yes, occasionally they do go up which is annoying but they always come down again.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #75  

hey everybody
my new job is not fun, but I did get a workout in last night and an=m headed out this am for one before work.
does anyone know the benefits of a steam bath?
aquahaze thats a good idea, I may start logging my weight everyday to see how the spikes and low go.
we had our break day this weekend at my house. dh is on atkins with me and we have been about 6 weeks now and sturday we had normal pizza!!!!back on the wagon now
great day all
t
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote