Old 02-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #91  

fitmom
what is the 11 day detox thing?
tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #92  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Tara - no I didn't know about the Epsom salt bath. They're all better now, but I'll remember if it happens again.

2b2 - it's been a year since I had TOM, but IIRC I pretty much ignored any weight around that time as it was always up a bit. The beauty was as soon as it stopped I dropped 2 or 3 pounds overnight!!

Elisa - welcome to the group!! Your top weight is only 2 pounds higher than my top weight, and your goal weight is only a pound less than my all-time low!! I went from 213 to 144 in 2006/7. Took me about 14 months, and the last ten pounds was the killer. I think it took about 4 months to lose that last bit - although that was over Christmas which didn't help.

I've been really good this week and I think I've lost 3 pounds!! But I'll post my official stats tomorrow.

My older daughter is on holiday from school this coming week so if the weather is decent we might try to go out for some walks with the baby. I'm not sure I'll get a free hour to do my DVD with Bethany being home all week, but you never know. I'll try. An hour's brisk walk is as good as an hour's workout.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

fitmom!

Well I hope this extra weight will be gone by next week!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #94  
debspell

S/C/G: 223/218/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Joining In

Hello There - I too want my sexy back! It's been over 23 years since I gave birth to my daughter and still haven't lost the "baby gain!" I started Jenny Craig last week but I really need motivation to keep me going. I live in southern Ca - teach first grade - and want to keep up with them.
Thanks so much!!!
57debspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Thank you for th welcome ladies!

Tara -
the 11-day detox I mentioned is from Ann Louise Gittleman's book "The Fast Track Detox Diet". Her Fat Flush Plan is the best plan ever IMO it was the only way I ever managed to lose a considerable amount of weight in the past; the Fast Track is a bit easier to follow so I picked that this time.

Robsia -
It's nice to hear from someone who has done it! It can get a bit overwhelming at times when I look at how much I still need to lose! So you have another daughter too? How old is she? Sarah was almost 7 when Stella was born, now they are 8 and 21 months, respectively.

Ok, I should probably got to bed soon or I'll get hungry again
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #96  
MasterHarper

Week 11:
Starting Weight: 190 lb (1 week post-partum)
Current Weight: 166.4 lb

Lost this week: 2.9 lb
Lost so far: 23.6 lb (40.6 lb from pre-birth)

To lose to get to pre-pg (144): 22.4 lb
To lose to get to ultimate goal (135): 31.4 lb

I've done pretty well this week - it did end up being a shade off 3 lbs. Just think, if I'd only put on 40 lbs during my pregnancy, I would be there by now!!

deb - welcome!! LOL about taking 23 years to lose the baby weight. Not sure you can still get away with blaming it on baby though

Elisa - another spooky parallel - my older daughter is also almost 7! I found the best way to lose that much weight was to break it down into mini goals of 10-15 pounds each. Like so much by Valentine's day was the first, then Easter, then my summer vacation, then back to school in September etc. Before you know it you're halfway there, and that's a huge boost.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 143/137/125

Height: 5'4"

I am SO frustrated. Watch the scale... I found my downfall -- MILK. I love chocolate milk. Anyhow, after a nice dip of success last week... ignore it, it's gone and found friends. :-(

SW - 139
Last week - 137.5
CW - 139.8 ?!?
GW - 125

I will be back to post more later, have to get my oldest up for school.

Welcome to all the newcomers!
Aquahaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #98  

:welcome Deb: !!!

Elisa and Julia I also have a 7 yr old!! but I have another daughter (4) in between her and my baby.

okay TOM is still here Day 2 and weigh is still up what should I sdo? I need advice fast!!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #99  
MasterHarper

Aquahaze - oh yes chocolate milk is SO nice, but SO bad. My daughter loves the stuff and I have to limit her intake or she'd drink pints of it daily.

I allow myself the occasional gulp but that's all.

If you want to keep track of your calories, I've found www.nutridiary.com to be very good.

2b2 - I really would ignore any weights this week, and drink plenty of water. The scale lies at TOM!! TOM coming back is not something I'm looking forward to, but as I intend to breastfeed exclusively for the next 3 months, I should have a reprieve until then hopefully.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 143/137/125

Robsia -- I KNOW milk is bad. :-P Actually, I have been getting my milk from a local creamery and they now have home delivery. I have to change my order from whole cream-line to 1-1/2%. I haven't had chocolate mix in the house since December, but I made a decision to get it as a treat for the kids. Now that its in the house and I can actually SEE the scale change, I know I have to avoid it. :-( I've already cut out most ice cream (I used to have a bowl a night) down to one bowl a month.

I have tried to get onto nutridiary, but it keeps timing out... so I am continuing to use caloriecount . about . com. I think you recommended that alternative last year. I am glad I hadn't been tracking for long since everything I put in didn't transfer to the updated version. It's a new week and I am starting tracking again.
Aquahaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:24 AM   #101  
MasterHarper

Hmm - that's odd. I've been using nutridiary for years and never had any problems with it.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:07 AM   #102  

2b2 ignore the scale, sometimes I actually have to remove it fromt he bathroom until TOM is gone!!!!!
I have to confess, chocolate milk is one of the few things I really miss on Atkins, especially when I get it for my 2yr old. That is usually when shopping, I will buy him a small one, or when he gets mcdonalds, or chickendonalds as he calls it!!!!
tara
P.S. you may notice my ticker moved...2 lbs gone
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 AM   #103  

Julia- I got TOM for the first time a week into my diet!!! I really think it was the diet because nothing else changed in my life. I was still nursing (am still nursing) my baby has been eating solids for a good 4 months so...

T- 2 lbs is amazing!!

Okay can someone please tell me after TOM goes away will I lose the TOM weight plus my regular 2-3 lbs a week loss? Meaning one morning I will weigh myself and be down like 4 lbs? seems hard to believe but if not that means every month I lose for 3 weeks and gain/maintain for 1? I can't take this!!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #104  
MasterHarper

2b2 - it should do! I seem to remember I would suddenly drop 3 lbs seemingly overnight after TOM was over. It's water weight. You could try taking some water tablets.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #105  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

debspell-where in cali do you live? I used to live in Seal Beach. I absolutely loved it there. Miss Cali like crazy though. Totally wish we could move back.

I didn't do so good this weekend. I think i've gained about 5 pounds back. And yesterday I guess all the bad foods caught up to me, I had a sore stomach all day and spent most of the day in the bathroom. TMI--sorry.
I'm staying away from the scale for a few days until I can get back on track. My dad won't be here for a couple of weeks so that'll help me.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote