Old 02-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #16  

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Full intentions of being at the gym this morning, however got called to work my second job today. Couldn't say no as I'm really trying to get myself out of debt after my divorce last year....10 hour day.

Scale this morning 202.6 that's down .8 - getting closer to wonderland...and so glad I have the scales that weight in the 10ths!!

And I have to weight every morning....keeps me honest!

So gym tomorrow AM, along with housecleaning, laundry and all that other fun stuff.
LadyNascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #17  
banned

wtg lady!

im sorry you have to work today.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Andrea & NascarLady, good for both of you! Glad your scales are headed the right way! NascarLady, sorry you have to work so hard this weekend ...

I DID get out and take that walk this morning ... the earlier I get it done, the better!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #19  
banned

thanks babe

good for you! i wanted to resume today & it dcidnt happen. got no sleep ansd have back pain so i hope tomorrow
Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #20  

Good morning Ladies

Slept in this morning and really shouldn't have. Got lots to try to get accomplished today. Laundry, housecleaning, Budgeting, planning my meals for the week and grocery shopping (I don't think I need many things - so I may wait until the superbowl is on before I hit Walmart )and need to get my fat bottom to the Gym!

Andrea - hope your back is feeling better today

babe - WTG - got that walk in!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #21  

Default OfficiaL Weigh-In Day!

How the seventh day went ...

1700 calories (tomato-cheese toast, V8 with crackers, grilled steak burger with portabellas, garden salad, Snackwell cookies, pretzels, wine ... TOO MANY CALORIES! Can do better ... )

Exercise: 45 min. walk

SCALE: 227 lbs. (from 231! YES!!!) OFFICIAL 4 POUND LOSS FOR WEEK #1!

So I'm VERY HAPPY!

Andrea, is your back better today? Sure hope so! NascarLady, I would probably sleep in as well if I'd worked as hard as you this weekend.

Anyone who'd like to start with us today, and do an *8 in 4* ... please do. Love to have you!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #22  

AWESOME BABE! Doing the happy dance for you!!!

Great Start- just think your goal was 10 in 5 and you've already done 4 of those!!!

As far as you calories - don't sweat it....I'm a firm believer that our bodies get used to a certain amount of calories and we need to mix it up. I personally schedule 1 "cheat" meal a week in, so far it seems to be working.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #23  
banned

hi guys

thanks for asking it actually isnt

babe congrats!!! and btw lady is right i dont think its too many at all esp with working out.

lady babe is also right you desertve to sleep in!

Last edited by andreaphilip3; 02-03-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #24  
banned

sw:148

goal: 138

week 1: 146.2 (- 1.8)

week 2:

week 3:

week 4:

week 5:

dont know if i can do it seeing as though iv just lost 9 in 3 but im gonna try!!
Old 02-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #25  

Andrea and LadyNascar, thank you both for your kind words and support! It really helps ...

Andrea, if you've just lost 9 lbs. in 3 weeks, I think you'll be doing excellent to continue at a 1 lb. per week loss rate, especially since your back is bothering you (did you injure it recently or is it a longer term problem?), and you can't work out. We'll set goals, then do the best we can, and whatever that is ... that will be good enough, right? I know that most of my weight loss so far is water, and this next week will be harder.

LadyNascar, you're right about a little "cheat" worked into the plan. You have to have splurges to look forward to! About calories, I'd like to stay at 1200-1300 so that I lose FASTER but I can never seem to stay below 1500 ... I'm tall, though, so maybe I need a few more than average. I get so hungry, I feel "hollow," especially if I exercise.

Thanks again for your support, girls!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #26  

Andrea - so sorry your back is not feeling better - how did you injure it?

Babe - I understand the want to lose weight quickly - but careful how low you cut your calories - you don't want your body thinking it is "starvation" mode. So mix it up - especially those days when you are exercising
Old 02-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #27  
banned

hi ladies

thank you both so much thats so nice. i actually dont even know it just sorta sdtArted hurting about 2 days ago but i do have a long term problem. and yes ill be satisfied with even 5 lbs. i'm hoping to be be able to do something before this week is over.

i think this might be my permanant support system-i dont want to return to my other b/c on i cant stand and one seems to have something stuck in her you know what and im the type that takes no carp from anyone...lol. theres one other but i can email her so im not worried about staying in contact.

i know you wanna lose faster but honestly thatll just push your bod into starvation esp w exercise. i recomm. at least 1400
Old 02-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'd like to join if it's okay? You are really supportive of each other.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #29  

ceejay, please do join us! I would love to *see* your smiling face here ... the more the merrier! Are you on any particular plan, or, like me, just counting the calories and trying to get some exercise? So happy to have you ...
Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #30  

Ceejay welcome! Do tell us about yourself - like what you are doing toward working toward your goal(s)?

Andrea - we are here for you....I'm like you - I've taken enough crap all my life - not doing it anymore, anywhere.

Babe - do a google for resting calories burned - there is a website I found that will figure your resting calories and that will help you with where you need to start from. I just don't want to see you get into a funk if you put yourself into starvation. I figured mine and baseline (I'm short) is about 1900 calories and you said you are taller. So...the reason you are so hungry is you may not be getting all the calories you need esp with the exercise.

I've stayed on the eating plan today, but the only exercise I got was cleaning house. Darn it!