Old 03-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Welcome tleef and Mickey79sf!Shan- I have not tried Spanx but I understand they are super spandex.  I was referred to Soma Intimates (a division of Chico's) for garments with some sucking power but with less super spandex injury potential.  I eventually chose the Merry Modes slip and never even tried Soma.My wedding is coming up VERY fast!  This Friday is my last day in my current job and I will be starting the new job 3/10, working for two weeks, then taking three weeks off (one before the wedding and two after for the honeymoon).  Insanity!!!  Right now, I am trying to create placecards and avoid maiming a particularly annoying coworker before the end of the week...Wish me luck!  Tomorrow night is my first fitting with the seamstress.  That dress better fit!
I gave my mom free reign to put together goodie bags for the travelling guests. She's having a blast, but I think the gift bag budget has been tripled by now. Gotta love her!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #122  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lafayette: Your wedding IS coming up really fast! You'll have to let us know how the dress fits. My first fitting is coming up at the end of March so I feel your pain. I've started exercising like a maniac in hopes of not just dropping more poundage but a couple of inches as well. The dress fits already, but I'd like the corset at the back to cinch in a little tighter than it currently does!

Your thoughts on maiming your coworker made me giggle...so thanks for that. It was interesting to me to hear that you're starting a new job right before the wedding. I also applied for a new job and will find out by the end of this week. That would give me two months at a new job before I am off for the wedding. What is it with us crazy brides? You'd think that we'd be swamped enough with wedding planning, households, full time jobs...but NO we have to run out and get new careers while we're at it. I think proposals destroy brain cells! LOL

I'm working a full-time and part-time job, am president of a non-profit group in town, have a house to run, a teenaged daughter, Fiance...of course as well as our 2yr old dog, 5yr old rabbit and three parrots. Sometimes I think I must be crazy...but then again most of the time it all seems like it's so worth it.

Anyhow so you must be really ready for the wedding. I just had my floral consult and will have to put my deposit down and get those ordered right away. Other than that we have a bit of time still...although I'm sure it will just fly by, especially if I get that new job and can't spend hours a day surfing the internet! LOL

Have a great day!
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #123  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleef View Post
Hi Lafayette:
I'm working a full-time and part-time job, am president of a non-profit group in town, have a house to run, a teenaged daughter, Fiance...of course as well as our 2yr old dog, 5yr old rabbit and three parrots. Sometimes I think I must be crazy...but then again most of the time it all seems like it's so worth it.
OK, you win!

What's up with all the non-profit chicks in this thread? I'm also looking into applying for a job with a 4/15 application deadline. Don't know how serious I am about it just yet, but anything could happen this spring!

We had a "teleconference" with the DJ this afternoon, so our last big vendor is tied up.

Do any of you have suggestions for readings? We want to keep things secular and a little light. So far we have my FFIL reading this:

Quote:
“Falling in Love is Like Owning a Dog” by Taylor Mali
First of all, it’s a big responsibility,
So think long and hard before deciding on love.
On the other hand, love gives you a sense of security:
when you’re walking down the street late at night
and you have a leash on love
ain’t no one going to mess with you.
Because crooks and muggers think love is unpredictable.
Who knows what love could do in its own defense?
On cold winter nights, love is warm.
It lies between you and lives and breaths
and makes funny noises.
Love wakes you up all hours of the night with its needs.
It needs to be fed so it will grow and stay healthy.
Love doesn’t like being left alone for long.
But come home and love is always happy to see you.
It may break a few things accidentally in its passion for life,
but you can never be mad at love for long.
Is love good all the time? No! No!
Love can be bad. Bad, love, bad! Very bad love.
Love makes messes.
Love leaves you little surprises here and there.
Love needs lots of cleaning up after.
Sometimes you just want to get love fixed.
Sometimes you want to roll up a piece of newspaper
and swat love on the nose,
not so much to cause pain,
just to let love know ‘Don’t you ever do that again!’
Sometimes love just wants to go for a nice long walk.
Because love loves exercise.
It runs you around the block and leaves you panting.
It pulls you in several different directions at once,
or winds around and around you
until you’re all wound up and can’t move.
But love makes you meet people wherever you go.
People who have nothing in common but love
stop and talk to each other on the street.
Throw things away and love will bring them back,
again, and again, and again.
But most of all, love needs love, lots of it.
And in return, love loves you and never stops.

I'd love to include something from childrens literature too, maybe Dr. Seuss or Sheil Silverstein. Any thoughts?
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #124  

"Bad, love, Bad!" is the best line Nonprofit chicks rule!

I'm just finalizing the programs. All that's left after that is the seating arrangement and placecards.

The dress fits but the seamstress is giving me a little extra room up top. It turns out I'm a DD, not a D. We'll be making some alterations That, and I swear they figure the hem for 6'-tall women... you can't fix that with diet either!

Tleef- sleep when you're dead Apply and improve your prospects! My first day was awesome and I'm actually looking forward to the next two weeks of work instead of dreading the fact that I will have to stay focused (or at least appear that way) in a position I hate while I'd rather be doing wedding stuff.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #125  

To answer your question, Shan... http://weddings.about.com/od/yourwed...elReadings.htm

I like the Madeleine L'Engel reading: From "The Irrational Season" by Madeleine L'Engle

But ultimately there comes a moment when a decision must be made. Ultimately two people who love each other must ask themselves how much they hope for as their love grows and deepens, and how much risk they are willing to take…It is indeed a fearful gamble…Because it is the nature of love to create, a marriage itself is something which has to be created, so that, together we become a new creature.

To marry is the biggest risk in human relations that a person can take…If we commit ourselves to one person for life this is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom; rather it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession, but participation…It takes a lifetime to learn another person…When love is not possession, but participation, then it is part of that co-creation which is our human calling, and which implies such risk that it is often rejected.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #126  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

S/C/G: 168/161/135

Height: 5'2"

Ahhh Yae!! I thought this forum was closed!!!!!!!

I have been in this relationship for almost 4 yrs. Yeshua & I got engaged March 21st of last year. I want to get married on our 5th yr together. May 2nd, 2009! But I would like to drop all this extra weight I gained after having my 2nd child.
elisarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #127  

Hi Elisarae!

I am bad diet example. I lost weight after a major abdominal surgery this past August and then ordered my dress in the next size up, just in case wedding cake samples got the better of me. Not exactly motivational... but I did get down to a size 8 from a 14.

Good luck! I'm getting married March 29 (yes, in less than three weeks) so I may be AWOL for a while, but I'm pulling for you! And best wishes on the engagement!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #128  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
Hi Elisarae!

I am bad diet example. I lost weight after a major abdominal surgery this past August and then ordered my dress in the next size up, just in case wedding cake samples got the better of me. Not exactly motivational... but I did get down to a size 8 from a 14.

Good luck! I'm getting married March 29 (yes, in less than three weeks) so I may be AWOL for a while, but I'm pulling for you! And best wishes on the engagement!

Well hun you couldn't help but loose the weight. I wish I was an 8!! I'm sorry you had to have surgery. I hope you are better now. And many congrats on the wedding, 3 weeks will be here in no time!! YAE!! Thank you for the lovely comments!

Last edited by elisarae; 03-13-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #129  

Elisarae- have you started your wedding planning yet? We talked out the tone and feel we wanted our wedding to have and the rest seemed to fall into place (with quite a bit of work, but you know what I mean). We stopped debating every decision and just went with what best met our overall plan and budget. I have to say, going the traditional route- Church ceremony, dinner/dancing reception at the county club, following the almighty Emily Post rules- made our wedding really easy to pull together.

Thank God, or I'd be totally insane right now!

Last edited by Lafayette; 03-13-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #130  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
Elisarae- have you started your wedding planning yet? We talked out the tone and feel we wanted our wedding to have and the rest seemed to fall into place (with quite a bit of work, but you know what I mean). We stopped debating every decision and just went with what best met our overall plan and budget. I have to say, going the traditional route- Church ceremony, dinner/dancing reception at the county club, following the almighty Emily Post rules- made our wedding really easy to pull together.

Thank God, or I'd be totally insane right now!
I have started planning but Lord, I've already racked up 2 grand and haven't spent a dime yet. I know when time comes the total cost will be out the roof.
I dunno, maybe just a small wedding....Ahhh, it's so stressful.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #131