Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:31 AM   #46  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...it is good to be back online!!!

we took the kids to a local flea market type place, and they were having their Indian Fall Festival. So, the kids got to see some Indian dancers and drummers. Tommy kept telling them to enjoy it since it is part of their heritage. Miraculously, they all did enjoy it! Marissa got mad when they would take breaks and what not, but boy did her ears perk up when she noticed when they started drumming again. We ended up meeting my in-law's there and spent some time with them.

nothing really new on this end....just enjoying life and the kids. right now, all three kids are sick. Brandon started with his annual croup cough on Thursday night. He got two breathing treatments on Friday and I haven't heard it as much....BUT he was **** on wheels to get to bed tonight. We are taking them to the doctor's on Sunday. Brandon's right ear was bothering him, so it looks like an ear infection. Logan started with a croupy cough on Saturday afternoon. Thankfully Marissa hasn't gotten the croupy cough......but she has been coughing/sneezing and what not. I am probably going to have the doctor just check them all out so we can get it done and over with at one time.

Jane~ Yes, I did get your note. Thanks for sending it! I was meaning to send you a note back to let you know that we were all okay....but then life hit in full force and I didn't get a chance to. The office manager told Tommy (and then me) that her boss knows that they need to hire someone and soon....but the bank is not seeing it. The bank told them that hiring another person isn't in their budget. So, she told us that it would probably take about two or three weeks. I hope it doesn't take that long! It would be really nice if he did because then they would pay for half the rent....which would be very nice!

Marti~ Good job on the 1/2 pound! That sounds like a deal that I would make with Tommy. Although.....it usually takes him longer to get ready some times!

Ang~ It is good to hear from you!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #47  
ugggg.....

Hi all--quick pop in--feeling better but not back to normal...I hate being sick...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello, and Happy Sunday!

MINDEE...glad the family enjoyed the fall festival! Hope the kiddos get to feeling better and that Tommy hears something sooner rather than later.

JULES...hope you get to feeling better soon! We miss you when you're not here!

Nothing much going on today. I am going to kick it in high gear and get the majority of this book finished today! And I don't normally exercise on Sunday but didn't get any in yesterday so gotta make up for that. So far I have gotten in a little over 2 miles...aiming for 4 today. What else do I have to do? Also did some weights...just 5 minutes so far...that I will only do about 10 minutes. It's about all these old arms/shoulders can take. I have to be careful not to overdo it or I will be doing nothing. Thought I twisted my ankle coming down the stairs yesterday...it was okay. Scared me though...I think I would die if I couldn't walk. Anywho...water and food are good today as well and I am looking for at least a one pound loss this week. I was aiming for 2 but we will see.

Have a good day!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #49  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Marti - YAY for the 1/2 pound - that's what I lost too, and we'll take it, right? Walking on the treadmill is a lot harder than walking outside, and as you said, no strolling, lol.

Cristina - I remember photos of you from the past, and your face was fuller. Yikes, hope your ankle is better. Speaking of books, don't waste your money on the new John Grisham one, Playing for Pizza. We talked about that. It's too much football talk, and very "guy" oriented. As much as I like John Grisham's style, I just couldn't get past the first 75 pages. Good luck with weigh-in!

Angie - the D & C is early Tues. They're doing it becaue they couldn't get enough tissue to do a proper biopsy any other way, since my uterus is so tilted. I won't get the pathology report until the week after T'giving. Yes, I see what you mean about leaving your hair brown until after the fashion show. Although anyone that knows you would expect something different, lol.

Mindee - yw for the note. The Indian Fall Festival sounds like fun. I think I'd like the drums, too.

Jules - feel better soon!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I left the house early today to swing by the nursing home to curl and style my XMILs hair before church. The beatician there was supposed to do it last week, but somehow it never got done, and the poor woman needed it done ASAP. I even put a little blush and pink lipstick on her, so she was lookin' good by the time I left.

I'm OP with food - had chili today, with fruit salad for dessert. I'm going to post a recipe for a holiday appitizer, after I lighten it up, and run it through the recipe calculator.

Toodles!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #50  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

Been busy doing a whole lot of nothing! I've been wanting to do some shopping but I'm going to wait until next week when I'm off from work. So hubby and I are just kicking back watching tv or playing video games . Pretty fun.

Been eating well and sticking w/my exercise. I've found and 8 min thigh routine on exercise tv and let me tell ya.....it's kicking my butt (literally!!) I feel the muscle back there aching and so are my thighs. Better see some difference after a few months of working them out.

Tonight we're making soup. Feels like soup weather and we've been wanting some....and James figured out the calories and fat intake for a cup's worth and I'm pretty happy with that.

Jane--There is no strolling for me on the treadmill. I'm not much of a jogger, so I do a spead walk. Pretty darn close to joggin' though. I need to start keeping a sweat rag near me because I keep getting it in my eyes and when I'm walking, I'm reading too.....not fun when I can't see!!

Cristina--Sorry to hear that you twisted your ankle...ouch! I have a little mini goal for this month. I would like to see 3lbs off. I would be thrilled to see more, but 3lbs is good. So far...2 1/2lbs down. I figure I should be able to lose a pound a week. But of course it doesn't always go that way (there are time I gain!! ), which is why 3 is always my number. So yes....all those 1/2 pounds do add up.

Angie--I'm thinking of trying the ornament idea next weekend. I have time off and Jhanai will be here. She can help me. I would love to see how your hair looks now. I bet its beautiful. The company I work for does not like colored hair. We had a couple gals who came to work w/their hair magenta. Very pretty really, it was done very subtle like, but they were told to make it natural. We don't work w/patients or outside clients, so I didn't understand that at all. Didn't make the gals happy at all.

Jules--Hope your cold goes away soon!

Mindee--Is there any way you could post a bigger photo of your kids? Your avatar is adorable, but you really can't see them very well....too small. It's hard to believe they're getting so big!

Hello to everyone else out there.

Well I need to tend to soup. And make some bread sticks. I can have one.

Anyone here watching amazing race?? I love that show. Probably my favorite reality show. I keep telling James we need to sign up. We may be the first to be out but at least we'd have fun being a part of it!

Take care and have a good night!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #51  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

We are having the strangest weather,,,super warm for this time of year. I know I probably jinxed us now,,,but wow.

Jane,,,So Wednesday you will be feeling crampy eh? I know things will be ok. Will be thinking of you and sending you happy thoughts.

Marti,,,take pictures of your ornaments,,,(so I can copy...ha ha )

Mindi, funny you should be talking about Native Americans...I went to a Woman's conference a couple of weeks ago. (I actually was the stage manager for the performers) and there was these 3 woman drummer/singers. I was blown away. I had some flash backs of when I was small and my grandparents would take me to circle dances and pow wows. I went and talked with them after and weirdest thing...one of them looked so much like me I had to ask where she was from. And ya she was from very close to where I was born and raised. But one of the other singers and I got to talking about family and we are distantly related....lol this is a small world.

Well I spent the day,,shopping,,,I have 2 christmas presents done. I cleaned out my closet,,,yikes! the amount of clothes I have is obscene. So cleared a few hangers,,,straightened everything up,,,and 1 huge garbage bag later...everything is neat and tidy again.

Well I should go clean the kitchen...
have a great Monday....
Old 11-12-2007, 01:57 AM   #52  
One day at a time

Back again, lol. Can't sleep for some reason.

JANE...I see...couldn't remember posting any pictures way back when but i think I did When I joined 3fc I was at 213...remember that well, so I guess I have come a little way with the weight loss...slow but getting there. Thanks for the heads up on the book...I love football but not so much reading a book about it. The last one was a bore but I did finish it.

MARTI...soup sounds good! Hey, you'll make that goal, very doable. My ankle is fine, was just a little bit of a twist when i came down the stairs. Thank goodness because I GOTTA walk! Lol That is weird about the hair coloring at work. I could see it if it were drastic, actually maybe not. Because it's your hair and anyone should be able to do what they want to it to an extent. I mean if it's waaay out there and a distraction I could see that...but the color you are talking about I have seen and it's really pretty. Ive not seen the Amazing RAce...had planned on watching it but I think it is on when something else is, or I just keep forgetting about it, lol. Glad you and James had a good day together.

Adios amigos...

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-12-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 AM   #53  

hello ladies....how is every one doing?

Marti~ I will have to see if I can remember how to post pictures on here again.

Ang~ That is so cool about the drummers! The only thing that Tommy kept mentioning while we were at the Indian Fall Festival was, "we should let Marissa's hair grow nice and long like the ladies do." I told him "yeah, except for a trim here and there."
Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 AM   #54  

let me see if I can remember how to do this.....sorry in advance if they turns out to be huge!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:45 AM   #55  
One day at a time

Ha, OMG MINDEE! The kids are ADORABLE! I love the costumes and they are growing way too fast! So cute! Thansk for sharing the pictures with us!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:51 AM   #56  
kitty Momo

Mindee - awwww, the kids are very sweet looking up close! You did good
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #57  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - so what kind of soup are you making? I made chili Saturday for yesterday. Mmmm, I do love soup! You're doing so well with the exercise and food, too. We're gonna be so glad in the Spring that we're staying OP now, right?

Angie - yay for a clean closet! Why do they get so messy again, so quick? It's mystery, lol. Well, I've never had a d & c, so I don't really know what to expect. Hope it doesn't hurt too much - I'm kind of a big baby.

Cristina - the book I'm reading now is called Motor Mouth by Janet Evonovich, the same gal who wrote the numbers books, One for the Money, etc. It's about some NASCAR people, but I like it anyway. Very funny in spots, lol.

Mindee - the kids are just adorable - you ought to put the pic in the Jaded Ladies photo sticky so we can still find it when this thread is gone.

Jules - hope you're feeling better.

MaryKate - where are you, sweetie??

Sue - how's it going, and how's your mom?

I've got Jackson today, and he's such a busy boy now. Scooting and almost crawling everywhere, lol. Very pleasant, though. Hardly ever cries.

Tomorrow is my surgery, and so I won't be back until Wednesday at the earliest. For those of you who pray, keep me in mind, ok?

Toodles!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #58  

Height: 5'1"

Woa ladies.....let's head on over to 275.

All full here.
Closed Thread