Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #16  
ugggg.....

Sassy--hugs to you...nerve pain is said to be so much worse than muscle pain. Rest up sweetie!!

Marti--hi & bye!!

Jane--I get an ornament for the kids every year. I think I will get the parent ornament for Teri, unless Dominick make his appearance in 7 weeks!!

Tammy--I would love to see your pictures. I tried unsuccessfully to post pics of the dresser I painted. I have figured out how to email them so if you(or anyone else) wants to see them, pm me with your email.

Trish--I like the salsa with the egg. I also like it on my baked potato.

Kelton--I hope your pc feels better soon so you can back more often!!

Sue--have fun with your baby boy!!

Cristina--hey there--where are you...

Dave started a job tonight he got through a temp agency--cross your fingers--hope it works out!! Teri & Ry are doing good. Well off to read and then to sleep early--feel like I am trying to catch something...
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm glad everyone liked the breakfast idea. Also plan to try it on potato Jules.

I got up this morning and exercised to the 20 minute One Mile Walk Away the Pounds tape. I would love to be able to do it 5 days a week. We will see. My knee which doesn't hurt right now plays a big roll in how much exercise I can do. Still need to look up my Tai Chai cd.

Sassy Thought of you all day and said a prayer for you. Take care of yourself. Hope your medicine helps you to feel better.

Hope everybody else has had a good day.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-05-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #18  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

TY Ladies. My DH finally got here with my medicine and I just took it...........so we'll see.........I hope I wake up in time to go to work tomorrow! lol...........I am a bit of a light weight when it comes to medicines. lol. (the only thing about me that is "Light") lol.

I'm off to bed, gonna watch "Driving Miss Daisy" on HBO until I hit La La land.......

Ta Ta!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies--

I just got done w/my walking. Worked up a sweat. Need a shower before bed.
Eating today was good. I need more veggies but other than that, I think I had a great OP day.

So....lets see if I can catch up a little.

Jane--I hope you have a fabulous trip w/Dixie! And I hope the the town/city is dressed up for Christmas! Take some pictures and share w/us if you can! "See" you Friday.

Sassy--Those are great sites...I use the food network often, actually, hubby does. And I do my morning workouts from the exerciseTV on Demand. Love it. Billy Blanks is easy and fun to do. And I feel it. Then there are some great ab workouts and other stuff. Tomorrow I will be following an ab workout. Sorry to hear you're in pain, hope the medicine works for ya.

Jules--Well goodness....if she didn't want to leave before she was pregnant because she'd miss her family and friends, then hopefully she wont' want to once the baby arrives. I buy ornaments for my family every year too. Last year Jhanai & I made ornaments for the entire family. We made over 20....once for each household. We want to do something fun like that again this year.

Tammy--It still sounded like loads of fun going to see Paula...even if you couldn't see her as well as you would have liked to. If you're able to post photos, it would be great to see them.

Cristina--How is Josh feeling about being back home? Is he gone a lot to catch up w/his friends? My brother spent a lot of time w/his friends before he finally slowed down a bit and spent it w/family.

Sue--I'm wanting something besides our treadmill at home. A stationery bike would be great...but I don't think my hubby would ever use it. I would REALLY love to have is a home gym. Nothing huge and fancy, just something to actually do some weights. Last time I was on a weight loss adventure (back in 02-03) I lifted weights and hardly ever did cardio. Now, it's all cardio and no weights. I can tell a big difference in my body....I need to lift weights. Tone the muscles. Wonder if Santa would get me a home gym??

Kelton--Oh no.....computer problems. Hope you get a chance to sneak on DD laptop more often then, because we miss you here! Get some antibiotics for that hard drive!!

Trish--Now I have to say, that sounds like a tasty breakfast! I may have to try that sometime. I'm needing something good and filling for breakfast. I want to start eating more in the mornings and less in the evenings. I think it'll do me a world of good!

Hello to everyone else...Sure hope I haven't missed any of you.

Well, I need to unwind from walking and sweating. Then it's off to shower and hit the hay.

You all have a good night!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #20  
~Believe~

Cool Good Morning Chicks!

Morning Chicks!

Well I got some sleep, about an hour and a half, earlier and feel much better! Only downside is one of my meds causes me to sweat........UGH.......But if I feel better its well worth it!!!!!!

I got my "fast food fix" for supper yesterday, I figured one meal in a week is okay as long as its not a habit. So tonight I am leaving a bit early for work and stopping at the grocery to get healthy stuff to munch on at work, cuz another side effect of one of my meds is increased appetite......Great just what I need! lol. But I am going to get me some good food to take to work to snack on and eat healthy meals.

Marti -- TY. Yeah I was skimming through and saw Billie Blanks and he has a beginner one that I wanna try. Looks fun too! So as soon as I am "healed" I am going to try some. I think its okay for me to do some stretches and stuff, don't you think? or not?

Well girls I am off to go shower cuz I am all sweaty and YUCK..... lol Then going to lay down so hopefully I can get some sleep for work tonight........

Have a Great Tuesday!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #21  

Good morning ladies

It's a cold gray day here in Oregon....at least in my neck of the woods. No rain though, just fog.

Sassy--Be careful when you start exercising. Don't want to hurt yourself when you're already injured. I think stretching could definitely help you, just make sure you wait until your feeling better before you do. Maybe speak w/your doctor about coming up w/some sort of workout plan, or have him refer you to someone who can help. To give you something that'll help strengthen your back muscles. I spoke to my doctor about what could help me to strengthen my body and lower my numbers (cholesterol)......so I'm actually one who did the "speak to your doctor before starting any exercise plan"
Anyway, I think you've got a great start and you'll see a difference as you continue. We'll support you and encourage you.

Good Morning to the rest of you gals! Please pop in and let us know you're doing ok. Let us know how you're doing w/the holidays just around the corner!

Well ladies, it's time for me to wrap this up and head off to work. Yippee!! (note the sarcasm)

Have a fabulous Tuesday.

Hugs to you all
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #22  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon. It is cold and gray here as well Marti. Not a fit day out there and it looks like rain. I think I will have to do my WATP tape instead of walking or riding.
I had to go see the Dr. this morning about that shoulder ache. Seems it is bursitis. So, taking meds. and I am off to Webmd to check out the subject. Also had a little scare with a lump, which he says is not a worry..benign. I am kind of jumpy about lumps and bumps since the melanoma diagnosis. Looks like all will be well if the meds. work and I am a good girl. LOL.
Sassy- Too bad we don't live close, we could re-coup together.

Will do indies later...gotta baby the shoulder.

Sue
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #23  
~Believe~

Cool Hi Chicks......

Hi Chicks.

I feel nauseous today......... If I had any personal time I sure would call off tonight...........But alas, I do not. lol.

Marti -- Thanks. I've discussed it with him before, he is of course all for my exercising, but I will ask him before I do anything and I will be good while I am still injured.

My mother got her blood test results back and her Cholesterol is high, higher than mine is! So guess it can be a hereditary thing! As my grandma had it as well.........and I believe so does a couple of my uncles! They have her on meds for it now. Everything else came back normal.......Phew.

Oh and here is a tip for lowering cholesterol (I know imagine that, ME giving a tip!! lol. But I do know all about lowering cholesterol as I've been doing it since I was a teenager. lol) : Take Fish Oil pills. They have coated ones now too. They helped me lower mine and are great for your heart, among other things. Now of course Omega 3's which are in the fish oil pills are in foods you eat as well, if you'd rather take that approach, but some of us maybe cannot eat that many and so there is why they invented fish oil pills. Here is a link as well, explaining about Omega 3's, what foods are high in them, and what they do for ya, for any of those interested: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...trient&dbid=84

Sue -- Yeah we could "re-coop" together..............UGH isn't it annoying to be in pain! lol.........I think my pain is making me feel sick. I know it can do that at times......I hope it passes............ Big and gentle to you, hoping you have a quick recovery!

Cristina -- TY. Wow those are some great deals. I wanna decorate and put our "Big" tree up this year for Christmas but I do not know where in this tiny little box. lol. Hopefully we will moving soon so next year that won't be a problem! I found a whole bunch of Condos for rent and a few houses for rent in the paper that DH is going to call on......WTG on the WI, glad you didn't gain.

to all!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-06-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added Cristina........
Old 11-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #24  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TAMMY...speaking of Christmas decorating...my neighbors around the corner were putting up their lights around the house. I don't know if they are turning them on but they have them up. Guess they want to be the first, lol. We always do ours Thanksgiving weekend, actually Thanksgiving days sometimes. V (DH) has the whole weekend off so I have a long honey do list, lol! Glad you had a nice time at the convention. And thank you...I miss the kids being that small. We still have good times together but I think those were the best!

MARTI...I'm wanting to add to our home gym. It's not much but I have what I need right now...treadmill, weights, and a bike. I want an elliptical one day...maybe Santa will bring me one this year. I haven't used it much in the last year and a half though because I was going to It Figures and then walking outdoors. But with winter coming it will get used.

JULES...I used to buy the kids a new ornament every year and I think the only one who cares is Jason, lol. Josh and Carrie are not into it anymore. They have the ones I have bought but don't care to have more, which is fine. I'll just add to my collection Keeping my fingers that Dave keeps this job!

SASSY...glad you are feeling better missy. You take care of yourself.

TRISH...mmmmm, I love eggs, just don't fix them for myself much. But I will have to try that, sounds good. My problem is if I don't have to cook I'm not going to, lol. I hate to dirty dishes for myself.

KELTON...hope we don't lose ya with the computer problems.

SUE...good job on the walking and biking. Hope you shoulder gets better, bursitis is no fun at all. I too would be scare of a lump Hope you mom is doing well.

JANE...hope you and your friend have a fun time in Chicago.

MINDEE...hoping all is well with you and your family. Miss hearing about you and the kids.

Hello to everyone else too!

Nothing much going on. Had some errands to run this morning and went to Michaels to pick up a couple of things for Thanksgiving. I haven't decorated the table for Thanksgiving in years and thought I would this year. Waited kind of late. Guess it was a good thing because what I bought was all 70% off! I brought home two bags of stuff and only paid $10.33 for it, can't beat that. I have a tablecloth that I have had for years but was too big for our previous tables. So this year I can use it and just going to decorate the table. Now Christmas is a whole nuther story! I can't wait to decorate for Christmas but will be sad with Josh being gone. He'll help decorate outdoors, he likes doing the lights.

Going to get some exercise in and that's about it. I was surprised with WI and am the same...189. I will definitely take that because since picking up Josh at the airport we have eaten out about 4 times and I haven't had much exercise or water in that time. So I am back on track as of yesterday...I think I said on the other thread today thinking it is Monday, losing my mind! I got in a little over 2 miles which is a good start and all my water. The eating was good as well. Today I haven't done anything yet...will get in something before the day is over though, exercise that is. To top it off TOM is here so not gaining anything is a miracle!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #25  
ugggg.....

Quick hi..not feeling good--I think I am getting a cold, hopefully it's not going to be one of those years I am sick the whole winter...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check in to say hello and I hope everyone is doing well today. I was able to do my 1 mile WATP again today. My rRight hip which I injured in a fall 5 years ago did hurt for a while, but not for long. It finally did quit hurting as the exercise went on. It usually does hurt when I first start exercising the WATP tape. However, since it did not hurt yesterday, I really thought it wouldn't. I probably will give it a break tomorrow and then do it again Thursday and Friday this week. Have to find some kind of easier exercise for tomorrow. Got to get my 5 days of exercise in this week.

I'll go now and try to check in again tomorrow. Good night.

Trish
Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #27  
~Believe~

Wink Morning!

Morning.

Only 27 minutes left and I am OUTTA here!

Jules -- I hope you feel better!

Trish -- WTG on the 1 mile! Have you ever tried Pilates or Yoga? That may be something to do in-between walking? Only a thought........

Eating wise........I caved in and ended up going to Subway on my way into work.........Guess there could be worse things. I just wasn't feeling so hot and did not feel like battling with the crowd at the grocery store............

Now DH is wanting me to stop at Arbies for Breakfast. Sounds good, but I'm not stopping! lol. Nope. Subway, okay that wasn't too bad, but not Arbies......even though it does sound delicious, nope, not gonna do it. nope.......lol

But I am soooooo hungry right now...................my tummy is just a grumblin away.......................lol

Anywho, enough about me and my tummy.....lol.

Have a Great "Hump" Day everybody!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #28  

Morning Ladies--

I just finished doing a couple of Ab workouts from ExerciseTV. I like knowing I can get a quick workout before work. I'm really needing to tone the waistline some so I'm going to be adventurous and try something different each week. And of course I walk each night.

Sue--Ooh, I hope your shoulder pain heals soon. Does it ache a lot when you ride your bike? Take your meds and rest easy, we don't want you injured. Hugs to you.

Sassy--If going to subway is caving in, then girl cave in! Subway is a good choice when eating out. So I wouldn't fret too much over it. Sorry you don't have any personal time to take off.....we don't get personal time off unless we schedule it off a month ahead of time. Can you believe it? "Hmmmm.....I think on January 5th I'll need time off because I won't be feeling well".....darn work!

Cristina--I hope Santa brings you an elliptical! I would love to have one, since that thing kicks my butt! Someday maybe. I really want a home gym. There are sales going on right now at some of the Sports stores....maybe we can find one that would be ideal for us both. Need to speak to hubby more and plant the idea in his head.

Jules-- Hope you start feeling better soon.

Trish--Hope you're able to find some form of exercise that helps you out w/your hip.

Good morning to the rest of you gals.

I need to get moving. Tomorrow I have an early day at work, so I won't be checking in during the morning, but will be back later on that night.

So...until then....have a good OP and exercise day!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TRISH...WTG on getting the 1 mile WATP in! Just be careful, we don't want you hurting yourself.

SASSY...hope you got some sleep after that long night at work! Those long hours would kill me!

MARTI...variety is the spice of life! I find I have to do different things so I don't get bored easily. My main source of exercise though is walking and if something should happen that I can never do it I don't know what I would do. Don't work too hard!

JULES...take care of yourself and I hope it's not a cold.

HI ya everyone else!

Nothing much going on with me today. Same old stuff, different day, lol.

Have a good one ladies!
Old 11-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #30  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ya Girls!

Hi Girls.

Well at least this is my last night! Then I can rest and relax for 4 nights! I plan on doing absolutely nada! lol. Well of course I will have to do some laundry if we want clothes to wear. lol. But that is about it. Since I scrubbed the place good last week, it should be just fine this week........

Marti -- Thanks. Actually Subway was not that great...... But it filled me up and was not fattening and greasy! I got two 6-inch of those sandwiches under 6 grams of fat. One for then and one for later on in the night. Plus a bag of those Harvest Grain Chips, but didn't eat them all, only a few. So guess I did good. I came home and fixed myself some breakfast and did not go out like DH wanted me too. I was strong and didn't cave in! Now if I ever get healed I can exercise. We earn our personal time and vacation time, it is all lumped together. That way if you get fired or quit, they do not have to pay you for your vacation time you have left. Our co. is very strict on attendance too and now I can't call off anymore at least until next month when one of my absences "drop off"...........unless like you, I request off, then it doesn't count against you. lol. Yeah its like hmmmm, I think on Dec. 10th I'm going to be ill, can I request that off? lmao.

Cristina -- I got some sleep. Came home and took my pain meds and went to sleepy land. lol. Yeah the long hours killed me last night, by the end I was hurting. But when I am not in pain, I am pretty used to it now. Its nice having 4 nights off and getting your work week out of the way.

Well I don't know what to eat.........I don't feel like eating, but I should eat something.........13 hours is a long time to go with no food. lol. DH is going to cook tonight so we'll have some food over the weekend.

Jules and Sue, I hope you both feel better!

Anywho, have a great evening!

Closed Thread