Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #1  

Talking Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 11/5/07-11/11/07

Welcome to Sexy Chicks!
We are a support groups started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people. We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join! Look for our Bio's thread too so we can get to know each other!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #2  

so... picking up where we left of in the last thread - i hate pics of my body too. i saw a pic of me this summer a the lake, and it was just gross. my hair and face looked cute and i was wearing what i thought was a cute outfit at the time (shorts, even though i'm rarely in shorts for good reason). but all i could see was my massive, pasty-white, thunder thighs glaring at me!

ugh, i got into my son's halloween candy again last night. i didn't binge like i did on wed night, but i definitely went over my WW points for the day (probably for the week. i stopped counting).

good news - my sis who lives with me is going to start WW with me! i'm so glad. it will be a lot easier for me at home if we're both planning meals together for the same goal.

well, i'm home today cuz my son is sick. hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Good morning every one hope every one has a good day ,the sun is shining today for Nov looks like it going to be a nice day.Good job every one we are doing great.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #4  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone,
Yuck Monday already, where does the time go!?
Countygirl, yeah pictures are nasty, I think I have lost weight and can see a bit of a difference then I see a new picture of myself and am like....nope nothing Don't worry about the chocolate, you will be back on track today, you are allowed to treat yourself, I did this weekend, and I refuse to feel bad about it, I am back to normal today.
That is great your sister will be starting with you, I find that makes alot of difference, my sister is my gym buddy and that really helps make us go to the gym regularly as we don't want to let each other down. Good luck with that!
I hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning everyone. I actually don't mind pics, I do avoid them to a certain degree, but I will be in them and flash my great smile. Everyone should do the same. Photo's are snapshots of our life and we should always know where we came from and fun things we have done throughout our lives.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #6  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

BorntoFly, that's a very good point! Watch out cameras here I come!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #7  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday all,
Hope you guys have been behaving.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Borntofly
There are lots of pics of me but I am in the water, in a tube. Behind wood lol there is something always something in front of me or you can only see my face lol. We tried to find a full pic of me from last year so I had a before and after pic. I didn't take one right before I started to lose weight. We couldn't find even one.

Shimmering
I have lost about 30lbs and while others see a difference I don't see much of a difference. I thought I would in the pics that were taken at the zoo. I don't, oh well, maybe the next 30lbs.

Countrygirl
Always nice to have someone there with you for support.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-05-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #9  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

People that don't see you very often will notice first. Those that see you every day, it's a gradual kind of thing.
I went to my mother in laws birthday yesterday and had a piece of cake. Just a small piece Walked at lunch for 30 minutes.
Hope everyone is having a great Monday.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #10  

born to fly you have a really great attitude! thanks

shimmerinsun that's good to have a gym buddy. i don't workout with my sis cuz we have different work schedules. she goes in the am and i go after work. oh well. we can still keep each other accountable though which will help i hope

mamamona mmmm cake. do you walk a lot during lunch? that's a really good idea. keep it up!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #11  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies~
Well, I GAINED 1 lb. UGH!! What the heck? I'm acting all surprised but I knew it was risky with all the damn halloween candy around the house. Not to mention the.... ahem.... ice cream I ate two nights in a row last week.

Definately good luck on upcoming weigh-ins!!! Why haven't you gotten your period in two months? OMG... you aren't pregnant are you? I would crap my pants. Well, I'd also have some explaining to do as hubby had a vasectomy over a year ago.

You ladies HAVE to get in the pictures!!! I hate it too but I don't want my daughter looking back at our family life and thinking I was never around. I just usually stick her in front of me and smile big.... lol I am a scrapbooker though so I realized about a year ago that I was never in the pics so it looks like our daughter has had a great life with her dad and me nowhere to be seen. I changed that quick once I really realized it!!

I actually have a weight loss scrapbook page already made.... just waiting for my weight loss pics. I am planning on having hubby take a pic of me in the same place, same position for each 10 pounds lost. I think that will be a cool transition page!!! Of course I've had the page made for two years now!!

Have a great night ladies! Talk to you tomorrow!! Oh ya.... go drink a big glass of water. Right now.... seriously, stand up, move away from the computer and drink a nice cold glass of water. Move it... Move it.... Move it!!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me joining you here. I saw 'Sexy Chicks' and thought this is where I want to be!

I got on the scale this morning and saw the highest number I've ever seen. So I have decided that this is day 1 of a new life. I've done LA Weight Loss in the past, and did well on the plan, but I think that getting in more exercise and trying to make better choices is really the goal for me. I have a new goal of 1000 minutes of exercise each month, and that (in addition to portion control) should get me to where I want to be.

I look forward to getting to know each of you!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #13  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

OLT- I'm always the one behind the camera...not in front of it. But that is gonna change. That's a good idea about taking a picture after each 10lbs lost. You could make a "progressive collage".
I usually get an hour for lunch, so I eat/rest for 1/2 hr and then walk 1/2 hour. I also try to take the stairs more. I walked up 2 flights 3 times today. Maybe every little bit will help. I've also been walking the 1/4 mile or so from the parking lot to work instead of taking the shuttle bus. I figure the weather will stop that soon though.

Welcome AJ.

3 weeks until Thanksgiving. 7 weeks to Christmas. I really love to bake during the holidays but maybe I should skip it this year. There's only so many times you can taste test and not blow it!

Night everybody.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #14  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mama
I have started letting the hubby take a few pics here and there. We have one, just one, pic at my top weight. Have one at 172 and 176. I found one of me at 160. Can't wait to look at that pic and the new pic of me at 160

ajintn

You found a great thread. Lots of great woman here. Sounds like you have some good ideas to get yourself where you want to be. I don't exercise as much as I should. Two 1 mile videos a day, which is about 45 min. That comes up to about 1350 min in 30 days.

Onelasttime
I hit early menopause right after my tubal when I was 30. Has gotten worse over the last year. Yes, I have had to put up with early menopause for 16 years lol. There idea of fixing it was to do a hysterectomy. I have read to much about them to have one done just so I don't have missed cycles or cycles that last longer than they should.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #15  
sarah250

S/C/G: 250/246/170

Height: 5'6

AJinTN__WELCOM!! glad to see you found us! I think you'll like it here we are all here to help each other I realy hope you enjoy it here. Congradulation on your disistion (sorry bout my spelling) to chang your life. You can do this we all can. just keep your head up. anyway good luck!!
Closed Thread