Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Jet sounds kind of nice for a big dog. Does she jump on people and push them over?
She jumps on people, although she hasn't knocked anyone but me over yet, I do worry about that. We have been working on the jumping since she arrived. Seems I should try something different.

She has an interesting "personality" for lack of a better word. She really wanted to chew those burrs out by herself; she insisted on going outside to work on them after leaving a wet mess of fur and plant material in the middle of the kitchen floor. When I brought her back in, she still had plenty of burrs on her, so I made her lie down and I tried to brush and comb them out. She kept pushing the brush away and working on them herself, so we finally came to an agreement that I could work on one part of her while she worked on another part. She bares her teeth at me if I pull too hard. It's just loads of fun...

I did some cleaning in the living room. You can't really tell.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

My kitty once removed a burr from his own self and it got stuck in his tongue. I kept seeing him flicking his tongue around and took him to the vet who put him under and took it out. She said she'd seen animals that starved because of that.

You can clean my living room,too. With this one, I think you could tell.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #63  

Hooray for the Red White and Blue!

Cats and Dogs doin burrectomies! Amazing pet tricks! My babies are resting after their morning walk...
Cowie- if thats your reasoning, then I would definitely cc a copy to the BIG HEAD OF THE program. Let em pee their pants... I'll look for post cards cowpeach.. I have some but they are just wacky ones.. no military or oddly shaped ones.

welcome back painty!

DH is feelin under the weather this week... a bit fluey... so we'll scrap plans to see the fireworks... thats okay I got enough to keep me busy...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Happy Fourth of July! We are off to various bbqs and doings and I suppose some fireworks. Leaving the home and pets in the hands of the daughter.

Ta
Kiwi
Old 07-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #65  
fatter than U

Talking do people still make Jello poke cakes???

HAPPY 4th DARLINGS!

Tell me what y'all are eating today!
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #66  
loves kleenex box art

ds grilled steaks and aluminum squares filled with veggies. I microwaved taters. Quite filling and yummy.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #67  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

happy independence day cowadingdongs
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #68  

Happy 4th!
I'm not sure we are as free as we used to be, but we have more opportunity than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Good to see you back. That is awesome about DD's surprise visit! Glad you're feeling positive and motivated.
Kiwi
Thanks so much. It IS good to find some positivity and motivation. I'm still current (after one WHOLE week....) on writing calories and what I've eaten. I had one slip, eating an entire bag of "veggie chips" but that has to be better than a whole package of cookies.

As far as weighing, I weigh on Mondays. Oh, I'm tempted other times. But just once a week, so I don't get obsessive. I'm sure some people can do it more frequently, but when I do I get crazy/crazier.

DH and I went out for a ride this afternoon (it has rained the last 9 days. Since it rained today we have tied the all-time record for rainy days in Dallas.) And we were walking around a little shopping area. I was SO disappointed that my knee is hurting again. The gym is closed today, I didn't go yesterday, but thought that walking would loosen me up. And then when I let DH know I had to wait for a refil on a joint-anti-inflammatory he kind of scolded me. I feel pouty. I may need to take a nap, even though it is almost dinner time. I don't think there will be fireworks in the vicinity, except for on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Painty darlin' - this is THE place for the sad and cranky. Stick around.
Well, there you go.
I suppose I should remember that I'm wearing capris I haven't gotten into for two years.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #69  

Painty ! THAT IS AN AWESOME VICTORY!!! for fitting into clothes from 2 years ago!!!!! FABOOOOO Dahlink!

I am no Miss Crankypants... I am all sunshine and rainbows

Have a Brady Kinda day........
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #70  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Did Everyone Enjoy The Glorious Fourth???
Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #71  
loves kleenex box art

Oh, Awe-Inspiring-Bag-Dream-Constellation-of-Doritos, I SO enjoyed the fourth. At our store, we sell fireworks, so I strapped myself (actually used Scotch brand magic tape) to a rocket, lit it with one of those long lighters from the bar-b-q section, and flew up high into the sky. I wore my square dance outfit so the full skirt held me up as I floated back to earth and the crinolines gave my little butt something soft to land on. Then, having decided to start exercising in a serious way, I ate a dozen hotdogs.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #72  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh!!! did you win the hot dog eating contest i heard about??? i was so jealous!!!i love that your teeny tiny endcap had such a pillowy landing!!! we have some people here who stroll through the market with apparent pillows billowing out of their pantaloons......

one of my friends that i walk with started WW meetings on wednesday night--i am torn between being jealous of her pending weight loss and my habit of making fresh biscuits each evening around nine pm and slicing up the freshest of strawberries---grown in real straw,not sand----and whipping the most creamiest of creams and dishing myself up a double order. Summer is so fleeting--it is hard to decide whether to try to look half decent or to eat decadently. someone pick for me.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #73  
loves kleenex box art

LOL ~~~~ Snort!!! I've seen those pillowy behinds, too.

But you are a FRAUD!! You are a tiny size EIGHT and yet you eat strawberries grown in the same straw the cow eats (is hay the same as straw?) who makes the whipped cream. Weight Watchers would NOT WANT YOU!!! You are a Letty.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #74  
loves kleenex box art

Ways Kidults Can Annoy

By Peaches O'Whynot

Kidults can be wonderful, I believe. I can not remember this for a certainty but I know I have thought it in the past.

One kidultI know made an appointment to take his car to the shop. The appointment was for Friday morning but he slept all morning. He did wake up, remember the appointment and go back to bed. Now, at 12:30, he has taken the car in. He did not call to see if they can work on it. He did not consider that they may keep it all weekend. He asked his mom to pick him up. He said he would not call her, she should pick him up before she goes to another town in three hours. He plans to sit at the mechanic's until then. His mom said she wouldn't come unless he calls. He may be there all weekend with the car.

The same kidlet has been instructed to get a job and has applied at a place or two. However, he is bragging about his conquests on a certain gameboy game.

On the plus side, he did take the cats to the vet. He eats well. He is not bad tempered.

On the negative, he badly needs a haircut and who is going to hire him with that characteristic?

On the plus, ... Oh, I give up.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 07-06-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #75  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Tell me what y'all are eating today!
None of the above. Where are the smilies of grilled steaks, pasta salad and pencil thin asparagus?
Oo, I had some of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman View Post
I suppose I should remember that I'm wearing capris I haven't gotten into for two years.
Yahoo! That is exce-o-lente!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
Summer is so fleeting--it is hard to decide whether to try to look half decent or to eat decadently. someone pick for me.
How could anyone tell you to stop eating such perfect foods? Here's an idea: instead of choosing between looking half decent and eating decadently, why not look decadent while eating half as much

Here's my good behavior for the past 2 days: went to bed when everybody else did (we stayed at a campground with friends in their RV) and didn't eat a thing after 11:30 PM. Of course I tossed and turned for hours and hours, but that's par for the course.

The guys went shopping in the morning (yeah, couple of girly-boys ) and us girls were going to go kayaking, but it rained all night and all morning, so we slept in and I made the most lovely omelet for breakfast -- leftover asparagus, sauteed onion, cheddar cheese. Ah. MMM Simply Looovely. It's actually a lot easier for me to moderate my eating when I'm at someone else's place -- you can't just sit there grazing out of other people's cupboards and refrigerators, y'know?

DH bought the world's best Whoopie Pies, at the Friar's Bakehouse. And we went to the movies (saw Live Free or Die Hard, which was hilarious and as full of suspense and violence as you'd expect. But hilarious. ) And I managed to wait until the ride home to eat my whoopie pie. Lovely.

Today we are having trout again. For lunch, I hear. Perhaps I won't have to cook it either...

Kiwi