Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #91  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Acrotchey
HEY! That's not nice!! Grrrrrrr. Jet! Go get her!
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #92  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
i can't do acronyms --
It's not an acronym or anything, it's just my old nickname, with spaces and * to keep nosy people from finding it!

Phew, sorry, my inner child got out for a second...

It's a beautiful hot day here in Podunk. I am contemplating doing something about planning my trip, which begins Saturday. Although I must say, spa-ing in Europe sounds pretty durn lovely.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #93  

I seem to have missed something. Again. D'oh! My cr*tch has not been locked, so it doesn't need a k*y. but perhaps I am becoming delusional from adding up calories and keeping them in a reasonable range.

I bought a whole bag of frozen edamame beans yesterday and microwaved so I can have a low calorie high fiber/bulk snack. DH says their yucky and won't eat them. Well, I guess one of my food sources is safe.

Congrats on the sock, Cowie. Have you done Jaywalkers or Monkeys? I haven't. But hope to do wrist warmers soon.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:30 AM   #94  
fatter than U

Unhappy Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
It's not an acronym or anything, it's just my old nickname, with spaces and * to keep nosy people from finding it!
They just wanted to see you have a tantrum!

I am old and boring and TIRED as heck. And crampy too. Therefore I will make you suffer through my nicknames:

60's: Ela
70's : A, Ernie, Steve Austin
80's: Gidget
90's: Mausi
New Millenium: send in your votes now!

Ahhh, Bagzie's babies are in the south which is That Other Germany I've Heard People Talk About. Up here we are spaless and cranky. It was 13°C this morning. That's a bit chilly. Supposed to go up to 35°C on the weekend. That's roasting. Our own little global warming.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:42 AM   #95  
fatter than U

Exclamation the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
we saw several little foxes on the course this morning---wierd---don't they get rabies and bite people??
Yesss!! Don't put out any kibbles for them. And there's more. Around here there's something yucky called a Fuchsbandwurm which is a tape worm parasite thingie that hides in fox poop and lays eggs and if those eggs get into an open wound or you ingest them you may get some horrible disease (clicky clicky) and die a ghastly death.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #96  
loves kleenex box art

I clickied and I will keep away from fox poop.

I do not see on that list:
Sugar
Sugar Plum
Sweetie Pie
Sugar Pie
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #97  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i will caution everyone against ingesting fox huddas immediately,miss sugarpiehoneybunch!!!---COME ON SUGSIE!!!! AS IF YOU DONT' HAVE THE MOST NICKNAMES IN THE HISTORY OF SUCH THINGS!!!! SUGAR PLUM FAIRY INDEED!!!! now myself i have had to suffer through 'mare' ,to which many had added 'the old grey' long before it was appropo----which it now is MOST DEFINITELY!!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #98  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OHHHHHHHH i went looking for a summer pic and found one of Chance Harbour Nova Scotia---the sunsets at my friend's cottage are so amazing---here you are looking at the water where the last ferry crosses to Prince Edward Island---they have an amazing bridge now that takes most people to the Island.http://www.confederationbridge.com/e...ery.php---some of the aerial photos are gorgeous!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #99  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
They just wanted to see you have a tantrum!
Yeah, I know that, but just try telling my inner child

Crotchkey, my goodness. More like crotchety, eh?

You must have been in utero when you were named Ela, Sug! Here's some more of my nicknames, in rough chronological order: Taffy, Caca, Stark Naked, Katrina, Ghost, Tuffy.

Must go see why the dog just woofed and ran through the house, no one is supposed to be here.

Kiwi
Old 07-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #100  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah, and Kiwi...

I've been on the ferry to PEI. I don't remember that view at all, mostly I remember waiting in line in the car for an eternity. But once we got on the ferry, it was lovely!

I have to go make a salad for tonight; we've been invited to DDbf's house for a bbq. Then I have to make shortbread for my stepfather for his birthday next week. Then I have to dig out some junk for the yardsale at the inlaw's tomorrow. Then I fall down in a stupor perhaps.

Taffy

Last edited by Kiwonk; 07-11-2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Dig that crazy junk!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #101  
Member w/ messiest house

Remind me to take foxpoop off the menu... Actually the foxes around here eat dog poop.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #102  

Locked up crotches! is this what we do to our fair maidens?
Ploggitids in fox poop

Shuggie! yes yes you done forgot all the sugarisms!
Cowie: I am out of the loopedyloop on this Facebook stuff... so send me a linkydink and I will peruse...(I will now dispense with more dinkedydoos --Jimmy Durante has invaded my being...perhaps through some ploggitid infested fox poopedydoo)

MUST YOU LIVE IN SUCH A GAWJIS PLACE!!! Baglady??? why you dont need no stinkin vacation!! You live in wonderland! I want your tomatoes.

I am in Cambridge at my new job this week! My office when I am here overlooks the Charles River.... bad bad thing to do...as I am taking mental vacations on all the sailboats out there! Bastin is hot humidy and grey. I will jet home Friday only to return on Sunday for another glorious week... and then most all the folks here speak with an Irish lilt or a posh english accent... then you have the Bastinions and me the new yawkah... They seem tohave taken a shine to me... Im fittin in like an old shoe... hehee... they are a bit bawdy and love to sling the curses about... then one guy got all red in the face and asked if I mind.. I drolly replied "F**K no"... heheeeeeeeeee!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #103  
loves kleenex box art

guess what !!!! ???? I had an actual job interview today .... elated I am. Perfect job teaching reading .......... Go to the prayer place and ask for this ....>>!>!>!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #104  

Shatz: Congratulations! How long are you thinking you'll commute?
Cowie: Congratulations to you, too. Way to go.

Below is the confession I wrote to my DD this a.m. It is perhaps overly serious and definitely food/weight related. Would love sympathy or suggestions!

In spite of greater hopes of weight loss by today, I not only did the late night eating thing Monday, but I DID IT AGAIN LAST NIGHT.
What's your take on self-sabotage?
I could perfectly well have gone to bed, but I stayed up, ostensibly to have more lemonade because I was thirsty...
but then:
Eng. muffin and cheese (which would have still been under my daily 1500 cal.
next: entire container of potato salad (3 official servings worth) @ 630 cal
next: 18 (!) choc mint cups (3 were a serving @ 190) @ 1140 cal.

Leaving my day's total at 3269.

WTF?

And of course, I didn't want to have breakfast because I was mad/undeserving/embarrassed, etc. etc.

I also think I'm the "worst person in the world" because surely nobody else who's been trying to lose weight has EVER done such stupid things.

If you have feedback, (isn't it funny that there's "feeding" in feedback?) I'd be glad to hear it.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #105  
loves kleenex box art

Painty, you asked the other day if I've made monkey or jaywalker socks. The answer is no because neither really appeals to me. I like plainer.

Tiny little adorable Sweetie Pie Fairy just asked me a simple question in email and I sent her an answer a mile long.

One of Shot's socks is finished. Where is she? ? ??? ?????

DS gave up on getting a fun job and applied back at the supermarket. They hired him and gave me a 50 cent raise over last summer.
They didn't have to do that !!! I really do like that boss.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 07-12-2007 at 08:40 AM.