Old 07-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I know that the children I had became better prepared for kindergarten and while there are better ways to express oneself than I did on that occasion, it is minor compared to calling someone a DEMON.
You have nothing to lose by confronting this, do you? I honestly think you should write them a letter, protesting this judgment of your skills based on such flimsy evidence and defending yourself, and maybe documenting as well as you're able the general treatment of the children by all parties involved! Of course, you'll probably have to scrap your first 5 or 6 drafts of such a letter (at least I would! ), but I really don't think you should just let that judgment stand!!
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #47  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, I may do that. and thanks for reminding me to go several drafts.

DS brought home an extra suitcase that is containing gifts lcp bought him. He went right to sleep. I am SOOO wanting to see what's in it and IF THERE'S SOMETHING FOR ME EMEMEMEMEM. I actually unzipped it a little but couldn't continue.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #48  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello! Checking in! I did a workout! Woo!

I'm not the biggest fan of Al Gore either... if I had his kind of money, I'd live like Ed Begley Junior. I think everyone should try to reduce their footprints, especially those who have the means to. (For example, I hope to live within biking distance of my next job so we don't have to have two cars.)

Dennis Kucinich has plans for improving health care, but someone like him will never get elected.

I've lived under socialized health care (in the military) and I can't say it's the dream come true that Michael Moore is trying to sell it as, but it has its good sides. People are kidding themselves, though, if they think anything will truly make health care equitable as long as there is such a huge gap between the haves and the have-lesses in the US. The rich will always get to the front of the line.

Peachie, that's terrible that they would say that about you! I hope you can challenge it.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #49  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwi--that does sound terribly convoluted---i mean,i am not sure how it all got settled up here but we all just have a medicare card and show it wherever we go--to the dr's office, the hospital or emergency room and most people have blue cross or some sort of insurance for their prescriptions.We are never billed for anything and when they start talking about a 'user fee' for the outpatient everyone throws a fit and they cancel it.--and yes,peachie---sometimes they send people to the states if the lines are too long---i know they have sent people to maine for some tests if we are too booked----no place is perfect i am sure,but it is nice to not have to think about whether you can afford to get sick,let alone afford the test to see if you ARE sick.There are enough models out there for the US to try,that is for sure.
Peachers!!!! i have heard countless teachers say exactly what you said--i am sure i said it as a teacher and i know one of my friends who is a great teacher has said it---when you are around these kids all the time,it's like talking to your own kids----you most definitely should object in a formal way=====they should not be allowed to ruin your reputation like that and it is really sad that they cannot appreciate the progress you made with these children-===that is pathetic on their part. congrats cherry on the workout---now what exactly is that??? i am sure i have heard of such things but please elaborate.[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[happy CANADA day sugarcherrypie!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} my brother was partying on PARLIAMENT HILL!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #50  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I am SOOO wanting to see what's in it and IF THERE'S SOMETHING FOR ME EMEMEMEMEM. I actually unzipped it a little but couldn't continue.
Isn't it hard being a nonbuttinsky sort of mom? DD's cousin sent home a box for DD that she said was a graduation present (just a year late ) and it's not wrapped. It's sitting on the couch waiting for DD to get home from work. Pretty soon I'll be drumming my fingers, staring at it, telling Jet to "go get it" ("the dog knocked it over")

I'll be good. Glad your ds is home finally. Hope he had a happy time in spite of all the trials and tribs.

Oh, my sailing friends' little dog broke her leg again -- she had been recovering from an operation on the leg to remove pins that had been inserted when she broke her leg before and then the pins had shifted. She had gotten out of the cast for that and was healing pretty well, and apparently jumped when she shouldn't have and broke it again. Awful for a pet to be so fragile. She's a Chinese Crested with hair, so cute and fun, but she's been in a cast like 4 times I think. I added a couple of pictures of her to my facebook.

DH might go on a 10 day canoe trip on the Allagash River while DD and I are at the in NC. Hard to imagine...

Kiwi
Old 07-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #51  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yes,i forgot to congratulate peach on having her boy home!!! it is lovely to see them but they usually make a big mess {HAHAAAAAAAAAAAA} i am presently directing stepdd16 to the laundry room with her weekend frocks.She and dd21 and stepdd21 were camping outside of Halifax.The dd21s live in nova scotia,but the visiting stepdd drove down to party with them. Today is a gorgeous day and i am hoping to do some gardening. slow but sure around here,finally. i have been wanting to clean up my gardens for two years!!----dd21 i going to europe to meet up with her dad and the other dd this week---she was able to get the time off from work---i take it your dd,kiwi was able to secure a holiday as well??
Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #52  

Happy Day after Canada Day youse Canuks!

Cowie..I agree with the herd.. you must appeal what has been said about you.. don't stand for it!

We would be bankrupt by DH's hospital bills if not for insurance..-- so far they tallied close to 200,000. I always admired the skandanavian systems myself.

Healthcare and Oil 2 of my items... and lets just say the next president cant be any worse. Its gonna take alot of time to undo all the damage done by Bush and Cheney.

The little crested puppy is adorable.. so sad she is so fragile!

Bagz --my ears are pierced and l like silver... I will wear my cows proudly.

must go thaw chicken
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #53  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

sugar,we need to clear something up---the earwires are silver----as is the cow----can you use surgical steel earwires cause i can put yours on those ones-----not sure about this nickel thing--would that be in surgical steel?????i think----AND ADD ME AS A FRIEND OR I WILL KEEP POKING YOU!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #54  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
--dd21 i going to europe to meet up with her dad and the other dd this week---she was able to get the time off from work---i take it your dd,kiwi was able to secure a holiday as well??
How lucky that both girls will get to enjoy that vacation together with their dad! Are you green with jealousy? Yes, dd got a week off and we are on go for the beach. I will have to psych myself up for it; lately I've been feeling more like skipping the whole thing, but that's no way to be, huh?

Hi Cherry! You go! on the workouts. Someone ought to be doing them.

DH has been cleaning up. It's really scary. Makes me uneasy about what he might be throwing away -- although I think he learned his lesson years ago when he threw away my dog's bed and I never forgave him. Mostly all this cleaning (dd has been doing it too; good lord I may even have to cave in and do some) results in a lot of recycling dumped in the garage, which is all mine to sort. yippee...

kiwi
Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #55  

Hiya.
I hope I am over my post-wedding/creeping decripitude depression and will be back more regularly. I am re-subscribing to the thread so I won't have so much to catch up on.

I've had a week in S. California and nearly a week where DD was in town (she SURPRISED me by getting in cahoots with DH. Blew me away when she walked into the restaurant where he and I were having dinner. They'd NEVER seen me speechless!)

Anyway, life is looking better, so I'm back. (I have this not so helpful belief that when I'm sad/cranky/etc. I should go crawl into a hole. I imagine I'd find I have company there if I ever piped up.)

Two things that I'll share (since 3FC IS, allegedly about weightloss) is the Calorie King website that can tell you the calories in just about anything; and how much I like Tropicana Sugar Free Lemonade. MORE than soda.

So I've started writing down everything I eat and calculating calories. And subtracting a conservative calculated number of calories for my resumed Curves workouts. And I give myself tons o' stickers in my week at a glance calendar. I hope I can develop the perseverence (and forgiveness for lapses) this time.

If somebody can give me a clue about Facebook, I'll try to join the club there. But, for what it's worth, there's always my blog.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

Good to see you back. That is awesome about DD's surprise visit! Glad you're feeling positive and motivated.

I was scanning through someone's posts that had caught my eye and started reading a thread about, ohmygod, weight loss! Imagine finding that here. Well, not exactly here per se, but on 3fc. They were discussing whether to weigh once a day or once a week. It seemed to motivate some people to weigh themselves once a day -- whether they gained or lost, which absolutely floored me! If they lost, they were optimistic and able to stay on plan, and if they gained, they were motivated to do better. Good lord, what kind of people are those? Oh, I know, people who like to clean their houses, right? Sometime in the past day or so, I was watching tv (or was it here? I can't remember offhand) and heard someone say that there are some people who just go about getting things done and changing themselves when they need to and succeeding at things they attempt and so on. And then there are the rest of us, who struggle with practically everything. I sooo identified with this.

I have been sort of productive today -- I had my car! so I sorted lots of recycling and loaded it and the dog into the car and took it to the dump, and then took the dog for a walk. Well, not at the dump, at the "BaitHole Trail", the nearby cross-country ski trail. 15 minutes into the walk it started to pour. Oh well, I was only going to walk for about 30 minutes anyway. It wasn't bad, but I'm a little damp and I smell like a wet dog.

Kiwi
Old 07-03-2007, 05:26 AM   #57  
fatter than U

Hey Bagzie - stop pokin' me! I added you as a friend. At least I think I did.

Ja wohl, surgical steel would be just fine. Silver sends little electrical impulses through my skin for some reason. Weird huh?

Peachy, - that is just SO outrageous. I don't think what you said to that child is ANY grounds for you to be let go. Those people are nuts and there's a conspiracy going on. I bet you were TOO good and they all started fearing for their jobs. In my humble opinion: 1) Kids NEED discipline, especially kids who are probably not getting any at home. And I think they love you ever more for telling them what's right and wrong and how to behave in public because many have NO idea. 2) it's OK to let kids see that you are a human being with real human emotions. I doubt that your choice of words hurt that child in any way.

I teach this class at the library on Tuesdays. Used to be 8 10 yr old kids but has now dwindled down to four. When it was six there were these two boys who would NOT stop talking, laughing, poking, pushing, shoving and just generally disrupting the rest of the class. I had no choice but to yell really loud to get them to stop for a even a couple of seconds. When I mentioned to them that there were other people in the universe and that if they weren't interested in participating they could leave right away they just looked at me all wide-eyed like no one had ever talked that way to them before.

Painty darlin' - this is THE place for the sad and cranky. Stick around.

Must go, I can smell my English muffin burning.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

English muffin That's what I want!

I know exactly what you mean about speaking to some kids and getting that wide-eyed look like they've never been corrected before. It's rather astonishing to learn that there are parents who either can't or won't say No to their kids.

I went out a bit earlier to throw a ball for Jet, as I do every day. I am a terrible ball thrower, even with a tennis ball throwing device. I can't throw normally anyway because it tears up my elbow, but honestly that poor dog has had to turn into a scent hound to find the ball. We have a nice sized yard, but the ball pretty much always ends up in the woods or the underbrush where I didn't intend it to go. Today my first throw was straight into the edge of the woods where there were overgrown rhubarb-like plants and burr bushes. Other areas of underbrush Jet leaps right into and comes out with the ball; it's quite amazing. But she had sense enough not to plunge right into that mess. So I had to go help her find it (I had lost another ball in there just the other day, so I'm getting low on tennis balls!). We tromped through together, I stomped plants down and she finally came up with it. It's really cool how good she's gotten at this.

However she's got burrs all over her...

Kiwi
Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

I have emailed those of you who I thought would want it, a copy of a draft of my letter about the firing. Shots asked what my purpose was in writing it. I think I just want to get their faces and yell at them that what they said about ME was not true. Is that good enough? I don't expect to be hired back and I would not want to work under that person ever ever ever again.

Jet sounds kind of nice for a big dog. Does she jump on people and push them over?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #60  
loves kleenex box art

I have a request. I'm in this contest that involves sending postcards to other people and if anyone feels they could, I'd appreciate some postcards from your area. Mostly, military themes or odd-shaped ones but any would be nice. They're for me to write on and send. In exchange, I will have cow earrings and/or socks delivered to you.