Old 05-18-2007, 05:06 AM   #16  
loves kleenex box art

Sweet little Wabbo ... we don't connect by email so I'm saying here that I don't think you're making up anything. Ironically, I do have someone in my who might be making up stuff but not you. I'm so sorry to hear of this latest sadness.

My job with the kiddos ends next week. They will be going to kindergarten and I will be going ... where? Wait and see. It's been a trip to see how they've changed. One kid who just and stared blankly and seemed to know nothing now can't keep quiet and BLURTS OUT every answer no matter whose turn it is. The girl who was so bright and could write her name before anyone else has been passed. They can all write their name and more and she hasn't learned anything else. I'm going to speak to her mom. The girls does not want to join into any class activities. She wants to hold the teachers hand, do puzzles with the teacher, carry the teachers book, be line leader, etc. When we work on learning stuff, she tunes out. Most, though, have learned a bunch and are all of a sudden so smart and ready for the big world of KINDER GARTEN!!! They can open their own milk and carry their trays. ... Yay!!!

My son, busy with his new mom in a beautiful colonial town high in the mountains of Mexico, has erased me from his memory. Does anyone else relate to this? As a kid we were SO CLOSE and the world was perfect. Now he has little to say to me and what he does say, is drained of pictureseque information before being uttered. Facts, ma'am.

He is majoring in math and people are always saying "you're going to teach?" He told me this annoys him because it's like math is a virus he caught and they assume he wants to infect others. He said (and I'm not claiming he made this up) that if you take science and subtract all the stuff no one is sure of, what you have left is math. I think he feels the same about life. You're either certain of it or it has no significance. Except lcp. Hormones at work there.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Of course you will do this again next year, Peachie??? You love it, you know you must do it again. Of course there are 3 months between now and then.

I think it's very interesting what your DS says about math. Apparently he talks to you more than you think! Believe me, it's hard to get info out of DD too, and she's right here. The BF is also a math major, but he does intend to teach.

DD just came upon another job opportunity that sounds really interesting. They want students or teachers for summer work recruiting seniors from all areas of Maine. The seniors will be offered pay to work on projects that traditionally are either government staffed or volunteer, such as enhancing the arts for children and stemming youth out-migration (we have a dwindling population in rural areas due to lack of job opportunities). So basically they want students to supervise seniors in working with students But it would be a good thing for DD; she could do it in addition to another job and it would look good on the resume. Also she did a volunteer job last fall with seniors, so she ought to be a good candidate for it.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #18  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

rain rain rain rain---cold cold cold cold------long weekend= crappy weather--it's our VICTORIA DAY weekend in CANADER------LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!!---well,i think that one has passed on----time for reading and movie watching instead of what i would like to do---GARDEN!!!!--- movies i have seen lately-----'Little Children'--interesting,disturbing,odd----' Notes on a Scandal'-----interesting ,disturbing VERY odd----'Fracture'----fabulous cause i got to stare at Ryan Gosling!!!-----this weekend i have a movie rented "the painted veil"------------peachers---i am telling you darling--everyone who has boys says the SAME thing-!!! and look ,kiwonk is saying the same can happen with all young people--now dd23 was not 'forthcoming' but dd21 always was--two different personalities but both girls----don't worry about it darling----although it's hard not to feel bad----but he is still your baby and he wanted you there when he was sick!!!!!!-----so on another note---WHO HERE IS DOING IT 200 TIMES A YEAR!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

That just sounds painful....
Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #20  
loves kleenex box art

I'm saying it's little hot mama Shots.

Just got a short email from ds updating me. He met two Norwegians and one looked Hispanic. The other was tall, blonde and red nosed. The dd of the family is soon 15 and he doesn't know what gift to get her. He has no phone card. That means he has not taken care of the travelers checks situation.

This is NOT where I want to be next year. No no no it is not. The kids are lovely but the admininistration is mentally unbalanced.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

Must add that Kiwidd's job sounds perfect and I'm trading ds plus a bag of M&Ms for Bagzdd21.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #22  

Howdy Padnahs-- I think it's Bagz the nympho! Cripes she's the skinny cow round these parts. Now we know how she does it
My life is very boring lately - the big news ..this morn I went out to the store for a paper,milk and birdseed. The little cashier began to ring me up and then collapsed .. I watched her go down and stood there saying "oh my" .. went around the register... slapped her upside the head... asked if she was diabetic... and the last time she ate... which is no and yesterday morning I had a bite of a bagel poor kids today growing up with distorted ideas of beauty!!! I got her up, told the manager to get me cereal/milk and sugar and a bottle of gatorade. I hope this scared her enough to rethink this starvation crap! Dog Day at Womble park ... so I will take the furkids to mingle with the dogs in da hood.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
I got her up, told the manager to get me cereal/milk and sugar and a bottle of gatorade.
Schatzi is a HERO.

I get really ticked off when girls don't eat too. Fortunately I've been a very good example on that score...

I wish we had a dog park around here. Of course there are lots of places here you can take a dog to run (especially if they are more trustworthy off-leash than Jet), but whenever you meet up with other dogs, the owners are totally paranoid and scared to let the dogs play with each other. Of course they know their own dogs and some of them are just being smart, but a lot of them are just paranoid.

Well, I think you should start your own nursery school, Peachie. You could call it "Miss Peaches' School for Adorable Children".

Here is the most disgusting thing I've eaten in years: Doritos came out with an "experimental" flavor and I fell for it. It really made me sick. Something like a loaded cheeseburger with ketchup and mustard. Revolting. I wrote the company a letter asking for my money back.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 05-20-2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: perfectionism run rampant
Old 05-19-2007, 09:48 PM   #24  
loves kleenex box art

I don't know, Kiwi ... I don't think you're all that perfect. Maybe it's just that I'm comparing you to me too often.

Now about lcp. I won't reenact the whole history butttt seems that she spent the last two weeks or so of school in the hospital. With a migraine. And then reactions to the medicine. And then a feeding tube. And then liquid diet because of feeding tube irritating ulcers. So she's on a liquid diet for two months and Ds is worried and instructs me to talk to her on phone.

Me: Are you eating?
Her: No not really.
Me: Find something to eat. What can you eat?
Her: Liquids. Jello. Soup.
Me: I'm sure you have soup. Find some miso.
Her: No. I'm ok.

Today I had to get things that belong to DS from her. On the phone:

Me: Are you eating?
Her: Yes.
Me: What?
Her: Soup.

So I buy some Ensure and jello and go to her house to get the stuff. Her uncle helps her bring the stuff out and put it in car. I can't be confrontational but I say that I'm worried about her and is she eating. He says "she eats when we do. She just had some salmon."

When I get home, there's email from her just saying that I'm fun (well sure) and there are things she can't admit in front of her uncle.

I really want to believe her but I just can't believe something that doesn't make sense.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #25  

Somethings rotten in Denmark and it aint the cheese....
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #26  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

it does seem mean to say so,but she appears to be seeking attention for some dysfunctional reason. let's hope that ds having a break from her is a good thing.now what am i going to do----dd23 is madly in love with her danish bf and speaks of returning to scandinavia to get a masters in european history----should i be excited about possible ties to the continent or freaking out cause my baby canuck has seen the world and finds this popstop wanting----on one hand i am so excited for her and this newfound world and the other hand i miss having her HERE!!!!! there is no end to this kid thing----at least you can keep the furkids at home!!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #27  
Member w/ messiest house

Newsflash: "perfectionism" is a fault, not a virtue, but thanks for pointing out that I'm not perfect, Cowp.

Bagz, you'll just have to win the lottery to subsidize all those overseas trips.

I went out walking with puppy and got all wet muddy and sweaty. Anyone want a ?

Kiwi
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #28  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Kiwi Is Perfect To Me ***kiss Kiss***
Old 05-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #29  
loves kleenex box art

DD23 will become just like Sugar. Adorable. Far away. And missing Puffins.

Bagz is a kiss up.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #30  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i don't want ds23 to stay in europe----i will make her and sugar move back to canada----however,i am sure i have no say in the matter--and you are so right cowperns,i am a major suck up!!!!!!