Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #136  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Whoopee the sun is shining on Atlantic Canada at the moment . . . hope it lasts. Other than that, nothing exciting in my world . . . have to get a few groceries and that most important of all household supplies . . . kitty litter.

Hope every body has a great moving and shaking day planned. See you all later. . .
Old 04-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #137  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

The sun is shining here too -- although I see clouds rolling in. Not much exciting here - -my sweetie is pretty much stuck into watching all the playoff games and our Canucks are playing tonight - GO CANUCKS!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #138  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's nice to know someone saw the sun in this country! The crappy weather is really getting to me as I want to garden!

Rain at the moment and flurries predicted right up to Thursday! Then it's supposed to improve but they LIE!

My ancestors left Ireland for this in 1831? Irish weather! At least we can BUY potatoes.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #139  
Onward and Downward

True . . . but those lovely tasting potatoes have such a high carb count and GI . . . not good for the BGLs. Tried sweet potatoes which are a little bit better . . . but I honestly didn't care for them.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #140  
Onward and Downward

Hey . . . where is everybody hiding today? Miss you, gang . . .

Well I finally did my income tax and wrote the nasty, nasty cheque. Yuck. Next on my agenda is to complete the applications for my CPP and OAS. Got the appies in the mail a few days ago, but guess I'll complete them on-line . . . anything to save a stamp. Then I guess I will officially be OLD . . . because the government says so . . . funny, don't feel much different.

Anyway hope everybody is having the requesite moving and shaking kind of day. See you later . . .
Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I am stuck at 134. I do not want to drop my cals but I may have to. Right now I eat 1400-1500 cals but I may have to drop it to 1300-1400 cals. I knoe it is only 100 cals but that equals 2 yogurts or 2 apples to me that is alot of food.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #142  
Onward and Downward

Oh JEN . . . . . . You are getting sooooo close. How long have you been stuck? Instead of just dropping calories, why not try zig-zagging for a while? Drop down a couple of hundred for a couple of days and then go up a couple of hundred for another couple of days, but with the goal of staying about the same level when averaged over a week. I know a lot of people have had that work pretty well to kick the scales back into submission. Good Luck.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #143  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hey . . . where is everybody hiding today? Miss you, gang . . .
Don't know about everyone else, but I'm stuck under a wet, heavy freakin' snow bank ... April 16th a SNOW DAY OYE ... At least I was able to stay in town and work a closer school rather than commuting 40 mins away...

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

Other than that, it's been a good day
Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #144  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Oh JEN . . . . . . You are getting sooooo close. How long have you been stuck? Instead of just dropping calories, why not try zig-zagging for a while? Drop down a couple of hundred for a couple of days and then go up a couple of hundred for another couple of days, but with the goal of staying about the same level when averaged over a week. I know a lot of people have had that work pretty well to kick the scales back into submission. Good Luck.
That's a very tried and true way of shaking things up when you're at a plateau Jen ... Maybe add some intensity to your workouts for a couple of weeks, add heavier weights or walk or run hills, just something different to shake things up... Maybe swim?
Old 04-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #145  

Its hard to get out of the house to exercise except on nice days. DH works long hours and we cannot afford a gym or sitter for the kids. I haven't been stuck long . I was zig zagging a while back (not on purpose) I think that is when I went from 138 to 134 in a few weeks. I am starting to plan my days in advanced now. tomorrow is all planned out and I am gonna stick to it. I currently interval train for 1 hour and walk 30 mins one day and the next I do floor exercises some free weights, and then race walk and walk regular pace the next. I was doing tea bo for a while but the scale wasn't moving until I started interval trainning and then I started loosing inches.

Thanks for the support and letting me vent it just gets frustrating at times. it seems more frustrating now the less to lose the harder it is.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #146  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone ...

5lbs gone this week Mostly water after a long period of eating salty foods, I'm sure, but it's nice to be rid of it.

What a crazy week. I work at a university teaching piano and the kids all have their piano exams today. 30 of them ... in a row ... GAH! But I have my food planned out. I won't stress eat!!!

Jen -- You are really exercising a lot! I'm sure you have thought of this but could it be that your body is redistributing the weight into muscle? Did you measure lately? I am sure that you are on the right path ... see if you have any NSV's to celebrate!! Also you are so close to goal now ... I know things *really* slow down at that point for a lot of people. Hang in there!

Ilene - whereabouts are you? Did you lose power in the storm? What crazy weather!!!

Anyway I'd better go get ready for work Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 AM   #147  
Onward and Downward

Good morning, gang . . .

The storm is working it's way east . . . wind has definitely picked up and it is raining/sleeting a lot. Not nice.

Have a good one, gang . . . hopefully I'll see you later . . .
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #148  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yesterday I just stayed in the house and crabbed to myself about the damned snow! Luckily we didn't lose power so I didn't have to trudge through the crud to start the generator. There are times when I miss having a man around the house!

The storm has moved east so hang onto your hat, Meowee. It has to be spring sometime, right? At least most of the snow has melted here and there is a rumour that sun may show by the end of the week. I hope so because it's Delta Maple Syrup Festival weekend!

On the weightloss front, I actually dropped 2K overnight after a day of no wine, lots of water and Phase One of South Beach! I know that won't happen every overnight (I wish!) but it sure was encouraging after being stick at 205 for six weeks! I'd nearly forgotten how to change my ticker.

Have a good SPRING day even if it's just in your head.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #149  

eusebius~ I jus mesured this morning and I think that may be what is happening. I was sore all last week (all over) and I messured just my waist and hips (I was not to due messure until next week but because the scale is being a pain I thought I would check) and i have lost 3/4 of an inch in the waist , 1/2 inch in the hips and about 1/2 inch on each leg. Stupid me never thought of this until last night ,the girls bus was gonna be late due to weather so i took this opportunity to messure.(I usually do not have time during the week before I eat). look I was all in a fuss about nothing....lol

I am in NB and this is day 2 for freezing rain. the weather channel says over 10 degrees by the end of the week. they better not be lying we need some nice weather.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #150  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all -

Feel like I haven't checked in in ages, but I see yesterday was a slow day all 'round - LOL!

Eusebius - good luck today - hope all your 30 students aren't playing the same piece of music I know they're not, but it's always a loooong day when doing a particular grade with a set piece - hahaha! Well done on the weight loss, too!

Jen - You really ARE working out a lot - good for you!! (although the aching yesterday doesn't really appeal to me - hahaha!!)

Ruth - fantastic news on the 2K loss!

Meowee and Ilene - good luck with the storm and Roll On Spring!!!

Okay folks - stupid question for you - what is an NSV?? I keep seeing it referred to, and I don't know what it means! Somebody please tell me (so that I can feel even more stupid when it seems completely obvious...!)

Have a great day, everybody!!

Heather
Closed Thread