Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #16  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi to all my fellow Crazies . . .

We've got sunny and fairly cold again . . . the weird snow heaps we acquired back last Thursday are still with us . . . so definitely staying just about the freezing mark; even though the sun is nibbling away at the edges. I'm sure Ontario will be sending the rain this way soon enough.

I had my little flurry of cleaning when I got the new TV last week, Heather. Have to get the new blinds ordered and maybe that will renew my enthusiasm.

Good Luck and have fun with all your chores, SusanB

I envy you your good intentions about the treadmill ChantyKitty and really hope it lasts. Mine 'lives' folded up in the garage.

Yeah for the extra pound gone, Rocky. Keep resisting, girl.

Oh Ilene, you can't kid us. We know you run in the rain, the snow, the ice, and the sun. Just about nothing seems to stop you, girl.

Good going, Clover. Just ignore yesterday. Stuff happens and what is important is to get back on track ASAP.

Get out and play with the kids, Mom. Maybe everybody wearing backpacks full of rocks will help in case the wind picks up again.

Not much else going on . . . I'm feeling a little lethargic around the edges . . . my BGL is running high and I've got a GD yeast infection . . . don't really know why since I have NOT been over-indulging in sweets or carbs in general. Very annoying. Oh well, this too will pass . . . maybe doing some laundry will perk me up . . . oh ya, right-on, that's sure to work.

Anyway, gang . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of afternoon ahead of them. See you all again soon . . .
Old 04-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Can we talk a bit about stores? I live in a nice corner of the country. It's not far to Stratford, London, Kitchener ... even Toronto I guess. So I do have access to all kinds of grocery stores.
I'd like to get more into nonmeat patties and sausages etc ... even a nice brand of chicken or turkey sausage would be nice.
Any shopping tips?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #18  
Onward and Downward

Lucky girl . . . the only stores I've got are SuperStore and Sobeys . . .

I do like the YVES brand of both 'ground' and 'patties' that are available in both stores and are soy-based. They also make chicken substitutes and some cold-cuts, but I hven't actually tried those.

Tried some of the more grain-based meat substitutes and didn't like them.

For a while I was able to get BocaBurgers (also soy-based) and they were really good, but haven't seen them around for a long time . . . maybe I was the only one who liked them.

Later, gators . . .
Old 04-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #19  

Hi everyone

Linda invited me here..I'm new to 3FC and from Ontario Canada. My intor post is in the intro section. I am happy to be here and looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #20  

Hi April!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #21  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Day Eh!
Susan Sorry your day off is packed with errands! Maybe you'll get them done and be able to realx!
Ruthxxx I wish spring were here on the still-frozen prairie!
Heather It's grey and overcast here too. I hope your spring cleaning goes well. We haven't gotten to that yet. Course - really spring hasn't gotten here yet either.
Meowee You're hilarious! If I had a treadmill it would never live in the garage. I'd have it put in the basement where it would be used as a permanent sort of clothes rack!
Okay, got a kid here needs a book.
Later today I'll come back and finish this!!
ciao!!
Tam
Old 04-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Tam -- Dang kids get in the way of computer time ...

CanadianMamaof2 to 3FC

Susan -- Yves cold cuts made DD and I gag they were AWFUL, they also had a greyish hazy colour, *shudder* The Boca burgers are delicious, but I can't find them around these parts either. Schneider's Naturale makes a very good, comparable to Boca, chicken nuggets and strips, and burgers, they're expensive but good I get them almost anywhere, FoodBasics, Your Independant Grocers, I've enve seen them in the Giant Tiger food section...

Very soggy day here ... I managed a great leg workout this morning and worked this afternoon ... Life is good ...
Old 04-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #23  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Lightbulb Hi

I like veggie weiners...amazingly they are good!The Superstore Brand tastes pretty good.I eat them for my breakfast,they are even good without ketchup.

Welcome April
Old 04-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #24  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oh, Susan - hope you're feeling better!
Heather
Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 AM   #25  

Good morning!
Not too bad Heather thanks. It's turning into an exciting week ... a couple of days work, new appliances tomorrow, my boss wants to talk to me ... a little more excitement than I handle very well. Ibuprofen usually does the trick for that kinda headache.
Walking in the cold wind last night didn't help ... oooo ... where's Spring?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Today we are going to play in the snow.T he kids are looking out the window and are all excitted to see it. It hasn't been that long yet without it.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #27  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaaarrrggggghhhhh! She said the S word. I am going to ignore it until it actually happens - they've been wrong before. In the meantime I'm enjoying cut flowers in the house - purple tulips and a big bouquet of cancer Society daffies. No bloomage outside except for crocus and snowdrops. However, I smelled something gorgeous late yesterday afternoon and think the witch hazel may be in bloom on the other side of the cliff. If it's dry enough and I can get a two legged companion, I may go up there to verify later today.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #28  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

It's milder today (a little) and of course that means no sun. But better than the forecast for the next couple of days . . . not only the S, but the FR words, too. I want SPRING.

Nothing too exciting for me today . . . need a few groceries . . . I eat so many salads and fresh veggies I seem to be shopping every other day. Frozen is okay as a second choice, but I read somewhere recently that freezing destroys the fibre in the veggies . . . anybody heard that? The frozen food companies (and all other pre-packagers) are always telling us how their products retain all the necessary vitamins and minerals and stuff, but do they ever mention what is not retained? . . . and besides, fresh just tastes better.

Sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangential rant there . . . Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . . see you all soon.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #29  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Marginally better weather here today, and that makes me want to get moving and shaking! Only did some of yesterday's 'chores', so more of that today, too.

Eating well, moving more, all's good in my world Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Heather
Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #30  
stbakd

it's sunny here. not much doing heree. glen
Closed Thread