Old 03-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

hi guys, I'm gonna join you
I'm a freshman at school in the city and I am, unfortunately, in a very bad state right now.
I began college about 165 lbs, and the first week or so, while I was getting used to all the walking and all the adrenalin and nerves were making me not able to eat as much... I lost maybe 7 lbs? So I figured, wow, it's easy to not gain weight in college... oops :-\
so here I am, the middle of 2nd semester, at 185 lbs. I've been okay with the gym this semester, definitely a lot better than last... unfortunately I have trouble keeping up motivation. One week I will go 5 days in a row, but then the next week I'll end up going none...
I think I've finally decided I need to keep strict track of calories, so I'm in the process of working out an eating plan, taking into account the various dining hall options, and trying to commit myself to going to the gym as much as possible. Unfortunately, I just took on an internship so I think I might have a bit of an issue making it to the gym as much as before but I am really going to try as hard as I can!
I'm going on a trip to Miami in July, so I have about 19 weeks to get down to my goal: below 150 lbs & toned. That means that if I lose 2 lbs on average a week, I can definitely reach my goal.
I just have motivation issues... hopefully you guys can help.
So here's my sum up:
Current weight: 185 lbs
Goal weight: 150 lbs
Height: 5'8"
Time to goal: 19 weeks
Ahhh!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #107  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi cagesorwings! I can totally understand the on-off gym thing, I do the exact same thing. It's really hard to make time for it. Have you ever tried group fitness classes? They offer them at most university gyms that I've been to, and they're relatively cheap for students. They're a good way to get an hour in because it's not the same thing every time, and you're not completely on your own. Another way to help you go more often is to find a workout buddy, since if you feel like you're letting someone down if you don't show up, you're not as likely to skip it. And those group things are a good way to meet people too!
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:18 AM   #108  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Wanted to give it a bump and see how everyone was!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #109  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Auuuuggggh I hate life right now. They say third year is the worst... I really hope that's the case because I don't think I can take much more than this. I wrote up my list of all the school work that I have to do before classes are over... there are more things on the list than days in which to do them. Not even exaggerating. Why is it that profs all think you have nothing else to do besides their assignments? I wish they could clue in that I am in 5 other classes other than theirs. Feeling very overwhelmed right now.
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #110  

Rockie...you'll get through this. Pace yourself.

cagesorwings: your goal definitely seems doable. Planning out how you're going to achieve it is soooo important!!!

Hope everyone's doing well.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #111  
Carpe Diem!

S/C/G: 190/185/135

Height: 68in

Hi! I think this is an awesome idea to have a college thread...being in college is a challenge in itself! I have hardly enough time to sleep, let enough time to work out everyday! I'm a sophomore in college, and I joined because I gained a little more than the "freshman 15" and really need to make health my top priority again. I was an athlete in highschool, and definately miss that motivation to keep in shape. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all! ~Katerina
katerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:57 AM   #112  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Rockie -- you will get through this! don't freak out !!!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #113  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys.

Oh Rockie, I know school is tough right now, but you'll get through it, don't worry.

Sounds like a good goal cagesorwings... do you have an eating/exercise plan to lose 2lbs a week?
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote