Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #76  

Well, Rachel has been running a fever off and on since Sunday, so I broke down and took her to the doctor yesterday. Turns out she has an ear infection! She woke up complaining of a severe headache, and she just doesn't have them like Sean does. She has her fall performance tonight and tomorrow night for dance, with dress rehearsal last night, so I needed to get to the bottom of it. Apparently her allergies have started up and cause fliud to build in her ears which is now getting infected. She has had so much trouble with her ears over the years that I guess they have to be REALLY bad for her to complain. She is now on an antibiotic and numbing eardrops so she can shake her booty this weekend! My parents are coming up for the Saturday show, and will spend the night with us. So we have a busy time ahead of us. One of her dances is a hip-hop dance to a "funky" version of Joy to the World. My hubby and I can't wait to see this Have no idea what it sounds like! I'll let you know!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:32 PM   #77  

Good morning SBer's---

It's Friday!! Got all five day of exercise in......that is two weeks in a row, yeah!! My choices yesterday weren't the greatest......

B-- Pria low carb bar I found in my purse......forgot to eat before I left the house.
L-- 2 pepperoni sticks in the car driving home.......it was storming very hard and just wanted to get home.
D-- Ham, baked sweet potato, spaghetti squash. 1/2 c sf jello.
I also had a serving (4) of sugar free orange slices from Russell Stover.......boy did I pay for that. I am definitely cleaned out!!!

Today is starting out much better.....

B-- 2 eggs scrambled with cheese, Lite 85 yogurt.
L-- Leftover hot wings, coleslaw.
D-- Leftover ham, spaghetti squash, coleslaw. 1/2 c sf Jello.

Well, I think it is starting to happen with my baby girl, Jo......she is starting to have problems going to the bathroom. She try's and try's, but isn't able to produce much. The tumor is closing off her poor little rectum. She still has a good appetite, but is sleeping more and more. Think I will have to make a decision soon......I don't want her to suffer anymore than she has to. It was a year ago in April that we lost our other Bassethound, Bazal......this is so not fair!!

Tech-- Happy birthday, and many more!!

Solly--Even if it is just water weight......5 pounds is 5 pounds!! Hopefully the fat will start coming off now. Can't believe how miserable I feel with this added pounds. How the heck did I pack around 100 extra pounds??? Enjoy your weekend, even if it is just domestics, atleast you are home!!

Thin-- Sorry Rachael is not feeling up to par. The show sounds super, let us know how it turns out.

Monet-- Did you get a new job while I was gone?? Must be at a school??

Well, ladies......I need to go get something done.....have a lot of cleaning to do today!!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #78  

Happy Birthday Kris
Well the week is over. All I can say is it has to improve from here out.
I did not lose anything this week...or last week. Even with the extra aerobic classes at the gym. Im either in a stall or that dreaded thing called stress has got me in its clutches. But Im staying strong with eating right and will not stray from the path and hope this passes soon. My wedding ring is way looser than its ever been so I was surprised not to see a loss. Maybe next week will be a extra awesome one I think my body is shocked Im this low. Its been many many years since Ive been this weight and its fighting with me tooth and nail to stay there !

Anyways... we are heading out tomorrow to look at couches. The ones we have are only 5 yrs old but I just hate them. They have the loose pillows on the back and I swear I will never get another couch where the back cushion is not attached. My ds is going to buy this set from us so Im hoping we can find something without going to every store in town( like we did last time we bought).
We are heading to my moms for dinner after we are done with that. So we will probably spend the evening with her.

Kris- Hope you birthday day was awesome. So far Ive loved the forties!

Bob- funny skeleton

Monet- Those cats sound really silly. I wish I could have your strength and not eat after dinner but during the week we have to eat around 3:30-4 so DH gets dinner before he leaves for work so by7-8 Im ready to eat again! Ive been trying to just have fruit or triscuits or a sf fudgesicle. But at times I find myself nibbling on almonds or walnuts or a couple slices of turkey. Maybe what I should do is just make myself a protein shake around 6 and see if thats does me until 9 when I go to bed.

Munch- How cool you teach aerobics. I just started taking classes a couple weeks ago and have never sweated so much in my life. Thank you again for your words of advice. Thats what I keep telling myself ..things will settle down. I just have to wait it out.

Thin- Boy I remember those years with my dd and her ear infections. They were so painful. Id feel so sorry for her.

Colleen- Im so sorry about your baby girl Jo... I know that is a hard hard decision to make. (((hugs))) for you .

Well, its off to bed for this girl. Night all.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #79  

Whew...what a day! I did a bunch of odd jobs to prepare for the open house tomorrow. I hung more pictures, proof read some forms for the head mistress, and subbed for the second grade while the teacher went to the funeral for one of our teacher's brother who was murdered. After school, I ran to Costco with my neighbor, who was also subbing, and her daughter. Then I brought her daughter home with me, and she and I drew for a while, then she chased my cats for a while before her dad called her home. I took Tom over to get his vehicle ($175 to replace three hoses! Yikes, that is high!) I ran a few boxes over to my neighbor tonight and chatted with her on the driveway. We will ride together in the morning, and stop for breakfast on the way. I am pretty beat.

TEENSY: Yes! I did get a new job while you were away. I teach art at a small private school near me on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I also sub some for other teachers there. Its about my dream job, and I just love the kids. I have kindergarten through seventh grade. Next year, the school will add an eighth grade, and hopefully my job hours will increase! I am so sorry there is nothing they can do for your dog. Its so hard to have to make those kinds of decisions. BIG hug....

THIN: Wow.. I hope the antibiodics work fast! Poor Rachel! I hate getting ear infections.

TECH: I hope your birthday was wonderful! How funny of your hubby to sabotage your undies. Mine never even notices!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 PM   #80  

CINDY: We were posting at the same time... I bet its stress! It totally can screw up your metabolic system. Hang in there...it will get better! I think your idea of a shake at 6 is fine...or plan a light supper for 7, and go to bed at 10. You want to try and have three hours from meal to bedtime... Good luck couch shopping! Sounds like fun!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #81  

Thanks everyone for your good wishes for Rachel! Last night's show was AWESOME! and she seemed to feel OK. She did not tell me that the hip-hop dance that she is doing with her group ,junior company, is with the senior company as well. She asked me "why does it matter?" She's such a laid back girl (most of the time!) I guess I'm just impressed, as a mother, to see her on stage with the high schoolers. She is also doing a ballet dance and a tap.

We're meeting my parents and one of my sisters for lunch at O'Charley's. Then Mom and Dad will be back here for the afternoon and to the show tonight. They will head back home tomorrow. I'll see you guys later! Need to get some cleaning done!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #82  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN THE SEC!!!

Not that I'm to excited about what's going on with my TEAM

AUBURN vs KENTUCKY!!!!

FLORIDA VS VANDY (watch out GATOR!!)

TENNESSEE VS THE POPE'S BOYS!!! (there's just no hope with you've got Heaven and Earth against your team!!)

VISOR MAN VS THE RAZORBACKS FOR ARKANSAS!!!

ALABAMA VS MISSISSIPPI STATE!!!

LSU VS APPY STATE

MONET....NO DAWG GAME TODAY????

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

BOB
Old 11-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #83  

Its been a long day. Open house this morning went well. I talked to a lot of parents looking at the school. There were so many seriously considering, and that applied already that they are thinking they may have to really increase the school size. Fine by me! Most of today's kids were young...going into kindergarten or first grade. They said the January open house tends to draw more of the upper grades, so we shall see.

After the open house my neighbor and I went to Hobby Lobby where we got yarn...( what else?? ) Then I chilled for a while before Tom and I headed out to dinner at the Vietnamese place and then to the package store for adult beverages. I found a few Sauvignon Blancs to try and got a cheap bottle of Lambrusco to reminisce with. On to Target for deodorant, razor blades, toilet paper, etc. Too bad the wine is not cold...I may have to open the bottle of port I got to try!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #84  

Good evening- just a quick check in before I sit down and watch a movie with hubby. I may not stay awake, but I'll try!! Well, I returned the SB book to the library and bought my own copy! Its the "new" one. My very own.

ALSO (and this is a MAJOR miracle) my mom is doing it with me!!!! Now to see its a miracle, you have to know a bit about her. She is only 65, is very overweight, has diabetes (w/insulin injections), very high blood pressure, has had 2 strokes, a quadruple bypass, ovarian cancer (hysterectomy too- stage 1 thank God), just to name some of it!! She does not exercise or eat well at all- and I have begged, stomped my feet, whined, cried, threatened, you name it, to get her to take care of herself. Even after her bypass surgery, she only ate well and went for walks for 2 months- then forgot how horrible the whole thing was and went back to her old ways. SOOOOOO- I just matter of factly told her about SB, and I must've caught her on a great day because she asked for me to send her some info, and she started it 2 days ago. Already, she said her sugar is WAY down, she feels great, and even sounds better on the phone (I have gotten so I can tell her sugar or BP is high just from the sound of her voice). I am so thrilled! Now, I am not getting my hopes up, but really, this is the FIRST time she has ever tried to take care of her health. So I am gonna stick with it for HER sake including my own!!!

I am getting nervous about Monday weigh in. I know I stuck to all legal foods this week, but I also know I did a bit too much snacking. My second week on anything is always the hardest and scariest for me. Sooo, I hope it shows a loss! A little one would even be ok!!

Well, I better go watch that movie b4 it gets too late!!! I'll post more tomorrow.

HUGS MUNCH
Old 11-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #85  
Bustin' Buddy

Hello my long lost friends!!

Gosh I don't think I've posted since the beginning of the summer! That is just terrible! I hope all of you are doing good. Not much has changed here - I'm still fat! HAHA! I just can't seem to motivate myself - imagine that!

I've got some more news on my end - about a month ago we got another foster child - she is a 4 month old little girl. BOB & SOLLY- don't fuss - I know I didn't e-mail you about her!! I stink! I was waiting until I finished a roll of film so I could send pics along with my e-mail. We are really hoping that this one works out for us and we get to adopt her. The story behind her coming into foster care is a sad one - so hopefully the "system" does the right thing in the end.

Well, I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I was thinking about you. I want to start back with the plan and I hope to be able to get back on track soon. We just find ourselves eating things that are quick and fattening right now - we are trying to get ourselves into a routine with this baby. We just need to get into a healthier routine!!

SOLLY: email me please - I don't have your e-mail address anymore - I got a new computer and I couldn't transfer any of my addresses. Thanks!!

I'll check back soon!! I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!! Hello to all of you that I don't know YET!!

Missy

Last edited by fruitloupe; 11-05-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #86  
Bustin' Buddy

I just skimmed a tad - and I saw that I have an LSU bud on the board now!! YIPPEE!!!

MJ: I'm in Thibodaux!! I look forward to getting to know you!

SOLLY: How funny that you mentioned me in your post and I happened to show up this week!!! HAHA! I'm no longer MIA!! woohoo!!

GATOR: CLose game tonight eh?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #87  

Happy Sunday to all my Sugarbusting buddies!

I slept late, had eggs benedict for breakfast, and a small bowl of oat cereal. Once it settles, we are going to head out for a walk.

Not much else is going on around here. I need to knit as much as possible today. The kitchen was a wreck, so I worked on that some this morning, but I have a long way to go!

I will check in later!

STRENGTHINME: We are glad you joined us! Jump right in and ask any questions you have. This is a very supportive group, and I hope you find all you need to succeed here!

Old 11-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #88  
Little Engine That Could

Well, we're back from a very active weekend in Gainesville.
BOB--You definitely were right about the Commodores. They just about beat the non-mighty Gators. In fact, I just KNEW they were gonna win when it went into overtime. They scored 2 (count'em--TWO touchdowns) in the last 4 minutes. Their QB was awesome, and I'm surprised they haven't won more games than they have. It was an exciting game to watch, but I actually prefer the kind where we are leading 50-0 at the half!!! If we can have that much trouble with Vandy, with a regular type coach, I dread thinking about what is gonna happen next week at USC against the offensive genius. I see an "L" in the Gator's future.

TECH--so sorry I missed your BDay. Congratulations, gal. My DH says turning 40 is better than the alternative!

Monet--I'm still knitting the baby blanket that I started 10 years ago and put away for who knows why. I have gotten a lot done lately. I have all the way up to the crotch on the teddy bear in the middle of the blanket. That leaves about 2/3 of the bear pattern to do, and then just finishing up the top with the red and cream checkerboard pattern. With the various colors I'm having to carry a lot of bobbins, and so have to stay seated on the couch where I can spread all the balls of yarn out so they don't get too tangled. This is definitely not something that I can carry with me.

Fruit--It's good to see you. We did not go to the LSU game this year because of Katrina. Some friends of ours went and said that they were hassled so badly by the LSU fans that they would never go back to Red Stick again. This couple are about 45 yrs. old., quiet and unassuming. They said they wore their Gator T-shirts as they walked from their car on the way to the stadium. They said people got right up in their face and screamed "F you" and "you better take off that shirt" etc. They said it was frightening and that most of the people were older than students. Our friends said that out of 100 people, perhaps 1 person was nice to them. We never had trouble like that, but have always been with at least one other couple. We were hoping these friends would go with us in 2 years, but they definitely won't go back. Sad.

Teensy--Way to go on your week. Keep up the good work and you'll be back down in no time.

Cindy--You amaze me with your perseverence and your busy life. Your boss is lucky to have you working for him/her. No wonder they gave you a promotion.

BOB--The dawgs had a rest week so they can prepare to beat Aubie. Hope Fillise's team steps it up and takes it to them in Athens. SOS's team beat the Razorbacks.

I'm not sure how much I'm dreading hopping on the MM tomorrow. Eating out on big football weekends is difficult to stay "legal." We're going to Charleston this coming week, leaving on Thursday and not coming back until Monday. And there's a ton of yummy food in that part of the woods.

Thanks again, Monet, for starting the board every week. You do us all a favor and contribute heart and soul to our group.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #89  
Little Engine That Could

One more thing for BOB--We watched the UT game up until we had to leave for the Gator game. It is amazing how much UT reminds me of the Gators. We were rootin' for y'all but guess we just did not yell loud enough. I was hoping you all could do better when they tied it up at 21-21. Good luck on your next 3 games.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #90  

Gator- glad to see you back.

Just a quick pop in here. Its a gloomy, cold , windy day . A good day to stay inside. I havnt gotton much done today but laundry and cooking a early dinner now so maybe I will get some other things done here later this afternoon.
We found some couches yesterday. A bit more than I wanted to spend but doesnt that always happen. I would show you them but I dont think we are supposed to use links here on the board??
Anyway we did get leather and they are beautiful and comfortable so I hope we like them once we get them here and use them for a while ( Ive never had leather before, except in my car) We have to wait 10 days for them to come in.
Thats about all the news I have for the weekend. Getting myself back in gear for the coming week. Have a wonderful Sunday eve and Hope noone was affected by the tornado that hit in Ind/Ky.
Closed Thread