Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:56 PM   #1  

Question Need a 1-on-1 Pen Pal

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a pen pal that I can regularly exchange emails with to share support, menu's, weigh-in's, etc. I'd love to be able to post here often, but my job does not permit much extra time. Email is much more do-able for me.

A little about me - I'm 5'4", 32 years old, single mom to my 2-year old son, I work full time and have been overweight most of my adult life. I currently weigh 255 and have been on most diets known to woman. I'm sure the majority here can probably relate. Most recently, I've tried Atkins (lost 35 lbs and gained it all back and then some), low fat (a la Susan Powter), Weight Watchers and Fat Flush.

This past August, I was diagnosed with diabetes type II. My doctor pleaded with me to lose weight, and I tried to do Atkins again but couldn't stick with it. Needless to say she is not happy. Based on my bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyle, she's afraid that if I don't get control of my weight and blood sugar now that things will slide downhill quickly and I will die young. I've been searching for a way to take control of my life ever since my diagnosis and I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to count or weigh or deprive myself anymore. I've read Sugarbusters and it seems like more of a liveable plan for me. I'll be starting tomorrow 1-16-04.

As far as weight goals, I don't really have one. I would like to shrink my size 24 down to a size 10 though!

Anyone out there willing to be my online friend? I promise I'll stay in touch!

Edited to say, please PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by changingweighs; 01-15-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:50 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

COpying your post over to our SB weekly support board so others can see it
Closed Thread