Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters 2/11 - 2/29

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 02-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #2  

Hello! Tom had a wonderful first day of work. He likes the office, and the people. Best of all, he loves that there is a Chic-fil-a right up the street!

I unloaded and reloaded the kiln and turned it on. It is already off, and cooling. Can't wait to open it tomorrow! Then I need to load it again, so I better go finish glazing.

I ran to the ceramic supply store, and then to Costco. I spent way too much money. I got a couple things I usually don't buy- like some frozen pizzas from a place in Chicago one of my aunts worked at. They will be dinner for everyone but me one night.

Ok, off to glaze! Talk to you all later!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

it is warming up here! it is now 10 degrees.

B: cracked wheat with splenda, cinnamon, and polaner's strawberry spread (i have decided i don't like cracked wheat as much as steel cut oats)
L: Toni's stew and SF pudding
s: 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and one apple
D: low carb tortilla with 2 slices turkey bacon, lettuce, and 1 T mayo
stir fried brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, and peas

I'll eat more later, but I don't know what yet. I am proud of my veggie intake from the stir-fry, but I added lots of sodium with soy sauce (even though it was the low sodium kind) and steak seasoning. I'm just not the type of person who can eat plain veggies.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #4  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

So Yesterday I had my body composition done. Ha, what a project that was. I thought she just took a tape measure and measured waste, thigh. Etc. Oh no. She took this pinching device, and literally had to pinch my fat to get a number. She called it a skin fold. But I laughed and said lets be realistic, your pinching my fat. Thank goodness this woman is a friend of mine. It was a smidge embarrassing. Anyways, the number total was 88 which calculated to 32.7% body fat. She said anything above 32 for my age (25) is high. So Basically I still have a lot of work to do.

She did tell me that real effective weigh loss can be slow if someone is very active because the fat converts to muscle. And the whole muscle weighs more...Yada yada yada. So in 2-3 months we will do it again. I am hoping that I can at least being it to 31. 28 is average for my age. That is my new summer goal, as I will have it done again in April, then end of June.

The overall goal is to not get discouraged. This can be such a difficult thing when there is little progress being recorded. I.E The damn scale) I have to say though, no matter how hungry I get I still don't reach for non legal food, or candy. Thats huge for me. Although last night at work i was so hungry I almost had a bowl of cheerios.

Have a great day everyone..

Oh and MOnet I hear ya about spending way to much money at the ceremic store, I went to the yarn store and woah..did some damage there. its fun though!!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #5  

Good morning! I am supposed to have lunch with a friend today, then tonight I have to single guys coming over for dinner. I already have a large roast in the crockpot and will make them mashed potatoes to go with it. I think I will make a spinach salad too. I love spinach salad!

I have the kiln cracked and am just waiting a bit to open it all the way and unload. I was testing a purple glaze and what I saw looked good. I never did glaze last night because I wanted to see how the combinations I used in this kiln look. So I waited.

Have a great day everyone!

GYM: I have a stash of yarn too! I would be afraid to have my body fat percentage done! Yep, ostrich syndrome!

CHRGRL: How did you stir fry the brussel sprouts? Were they fresh and you did it- whole or cut? Or did you use frozen ones? I LOVE brussel sprouts, and I am curious. New ways to cook them would be great! I hear you can roast them too, and roasted asparagus is awesome, so I bet roasted brussel sprouts would be good too. (for the asparagus, you drizzle the spears with a bit of olive oil, then sprinkle them with kosher salt and roast them at 400 for 15 minutes on a foil lined jelly roll pan.)

Off to check the kiln!

Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

i quartered the brussels sprout and then sauteed them first with some water, then i added some olive oil and soy sauce and seasoning. i have roasted them before, but i think i like them stir-fried better.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Happy Tuesday ladies! I am the only girl at work. Two of the guys are here and that's it. One can't get in at all and one has to shovel the drive to get out and one, spent so long getting home last night, said she was not fighting it and would come in later. The young generation.
We ended up with about 4" and then ice this morning. I did wait until 8:00 and daylight before I headed out. I made my DD come in with me as she works around the corner. After we got here, she found out they were closed until 10:00. She is sleeping on the couch now.
I am more than ready for summer. We've had the snow, bring on the sun!

Ray, is that the actual temp or wind chill? We ended up only with 4" and lots of ice. Such a fun day.

Chrgrl, brrrr.... That's pretty cold. Try to tay warm.

Gym, yeah that body fat thing is embarrassing. My guy did it with just some hand held thing and that was bad enough. I figured you were gaining lots of muscle. Throw thescale away for awhile and just go by measurements. You will see a difference there. In fact, everyones tarting this WOE should take their measurements.

Monet, girl you are always cooking for someone. Dinner sounds delish.

Bob, move over, I'm may have to head down there to get warm.

Better get something done. Have a great day.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #8  

goodmorning everyone havent been here before but would love to chat
Old 02-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!

SYSTEM DOWN...BOB HOME!! Oh well, I can at least get my laundry finished.
I could do nothing but sleep this weekend and by yesterday, I felt like someone had put me through the mop wringer!

JACKIE...It's 64 degrees here. It was really chilly this morning and I had the heat on in the car when I went to work. We're supposed to have some bad storms at the end of the day, so I'm glad that I'm home if that's going to happen. Did you get the ice that Lexington got?

MONET...So glad that TOM likes his job. I envy his being able to get the ChickAFilet that close. It 's a good thing ours are not close to my house or I would be eating them every day!

I'll check in a little later..

BOB
Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 368/260/220

Height: 6'

Quick Good Morning Folks,

Took the day off from work yesterday, to recouperate after a very busy weekend. Had to stand on my feet singing a lot on Sunday and I totally wore the wrong shoes, my feet are still aching and swollen even 2 days later.

Last night my Daughter came home sick with the same symptoms that landed her in the hosp at christmas time. A very high white cell count, roaring viral infection, took her to the ER and at least this time she was not anemic so they didnt admit her, gave her fluids and antibiotics through the IV and we came home at 3am.

I am now sitting at my desk at work even more exhausted than I was yesterday. I guess that's life.... Hope I make it til 5pm w/out crashing on my desk.

Breakfast was a bean & cheese taco...it was the best I could do this morning since I was running late.

Rosemary
Old 02-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #11  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Well so far 1 week down with NO sugar (except a little splenda in my coffee) and I have lost 1.6lbs! OMG it is cool. I havnt been missing out on anything either....I dont feel deprived at all....woohooo
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #12  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone-Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been so busy. I weighed in yesterday at 189. I'm happy to keep moving down. I had an MRI today for my headaches. I should know soon what's causing them. Hopefully nothing that can't be fixed. I have a brutal headache right now from the MRI. It was so loud and pounding. Soon Parker will go down for a nap and so will I!! I hope everyone has a great week on plan and doesn't get too much snow.
Bye for now
Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #13  

Morning all!

I am still busy at work. Now we have 2 people out. So needless to say I am busy here.

Ray - All 3 were sick yesterday. You are right now I really have to work. LOL

Still - Congrats on your loss keep it up.

Rosemary I hope you feel better soon.

Monet - I am glad Tom like his job and the people there. What a blessing. Enjoy your lunch date.

Solly - I know how you feel about the snow. We got 2 morei nches last night and Sunday it was 18 degrees below zero. I will be so happy when Spring comes. I'll drive and pick you up then well go and visit BOB.

Bob - Hi we are on our way.

Chrgrl - Stay warm.

Gym - Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will accomplish your goal.

Well ladies back to work I am stil working out faithfully withmy treadmill 5 times a week. This week I've increased my time on it. Have a nice day all!!i
Old 02-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #14  

Hi Chris - we were posting at the same time. I hope everything comes out well with your MRI. Have a great day.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #15  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Red face Howdy!

Hey everybody!! It's rainy and yucky here and everyone in the house is SICK! I have been so tired and icky that I haven't even been eating enough food. Nothing illegal except a slice of pizza the other night... just not ENOUGH food. It's so hard to make yourself eat when you feel yucky and your sinuses are stopped up and everything tastes like the container it came in!

Hope all of you are having a good week! It's a really BUSY one here. My boss is going out of town to see her grandbaby and so it's just two of us and we are slammed!!

Gotta get back to work... just wanted to check in so you didn't send BOB with the wagon after me!!!!

Closed Thread