South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 05:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat

Good morning! My bath is running but I figured I'd cut down my workload by starting the Daily before three other peeps did! Been awake since 4 for some reason - maybe because I drank wine last night as some friends dragged me down to the pub!

Back later.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:14 AM   #2  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning, Ruth! I'm up too early!! I have a 7:30 meeting to finish up the presentation I'm giving tomorrow. I can't wait for that to be over. Then all I'll have to hang over my head for a while is field and lab work. I can't wait until Sunday when I get to weigh myself. I hope this week of P1 shows some improvement. I've been drinking so much water lately I think I'm going to float away .

I found those tofu noodles everyone was talking about a while ago. The ingredients are just soybeans, water, and salt. I'll probably try them tonight since I think they'd make a quick dinner. Maybe with some kind of stir fried veggies on top. I also found the kind of curry we used to eat as a child. It's in blocks like chocolate. I was wondering why my curries never come out like my Mom's and now I know. It does have about 1 g sugar per serving so I think I'll save it for P2. I love the oriental store.

Today I don't have meals planned so I need to get in the kitchen a whip up a lunch and snack so I don't have a repeat of the candy grab I did yesterday. I had no cravings at all after eating it and hopefully it won't have stalled out my weightloss when I weigh on Sunday. Hope everyone has a good day on the beach.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:31 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Feeling a little better this morning. The cramps seem to have settled down some. I think being able to sleep all through the night and not getting up in the wee smalls has something to do with it.

Spoke to the hotel manager yesterday and told her what happened. Naturally she's trying to cover her rear by saying that if it truly was food poisoning, I wouldn't be the only victim. She's trying to intimate that I caught some sort of "bug" that manifested itself right at that time. Well, I wasn't the only victim. One of my roomies didn't feel so hot, either, but she didn't get as sick as me. So, I've got the word out for anyone who got sick to contact the conference coordinator.

The clear liquids and "white stuff" seem to be doing okay. So, tonight I'll try adding some protein. I'm hoping by the weekend, I'll be back to normal.

Ruth, how'd the bloodletting go? You must have felt okay after to get suckered into going to a pub!

Pear, tell us about your picture...what kind of fungus is that? I'm going to have to look for the tofu noodles when I go shopping Friday night. And I know exactly what curry you're talking about. The brand I'm familiar with is "Vermont". I love it with lamb or beef and veggies. Yum.

Okay, gotta go eat some hot cereal and rice milk. Yum.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:54 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Breakfast is finished. Gotta love that Cream of Wheat. Funny how things you once loved Before South Beach, no longer have the allure they used to...

I couldn't resist...I stepped on the scale and I'm down a pound...176. Does it count??? I mean, I WAS terribly sick... and I was NOT eating OP. I'm STILL not eating OP. Probably won't be back OP til the weekend at the earliest.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:39 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks... back again. My household has been sooooo sick the last week. Plus the kids I babysit have been sick as well so things have been really crazy around here. I still have a terrible cough. So between sick kids and a sick hubby and a sick me plus work on top I have had no time. We did Run for the Cure on Sunday and it was a wonderful day. I will post a picture of us. I only did the 1k as I was coughing like crazy but all the kids did the 5. My oldest dd did it in 45 minutes and she kept stopping to wait for the others.

Ruth- Hope you had a blast last night.
Pearshape- good luck with the meeting and good for you drinking all that water.
Mama- sorry to hear about the sickness. Food poisoning is no fun. I had it once and hope to never have it again and I didn't get it near as bad as you. Take care.

I tried to upload a picture but I am going to have to resize it so it will fit. I will keep trying
Old 10-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #6  

Hi everybody,

It's dark and rainy outside this morning, glad I can find some sunshine on the beach. Today is heavy duty housecleaning day. I also need to plan some new menus and prepare that grocery list. Still w/o a car so maybe I'll find the old Jane Fonda aerobics tape since I won't be exercising outdoors today.

Ruthxxx- Glad your friends dragged you out, but sorry you missed your sleep.

Pearhape- You may want to invest in a lifeboat or at least some "Water Wings" - Keep drinking (Your water that is...) and good luck on your presentation

Mamacita- I would count every pound, consider it small compensation for being so sick

Little Chick- Sorry your family has been so sick. Glad you are back and take care of your cough

Ya'll (sorry the southern slips out) have a great day!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:36 AM   #7  
Kyemom

Morning girls...Sounds like everyone had an early bird in their window. I am so tired today. Think I may go at lunch time & buy my new scale. Other than that, nothing really new. DH did paint the dining room night before last, and almost got the kitchen done last night..this house is finally starting to come together!!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:49 AM   #8  

I had a better day all around yesterday. I stayed OP!!!!!!! I accomplished 10 of 13 items on my list plus I added a biggie cause I got a call from the media guy and I ended up printing a copy of the handbok for the meeting tonight in colours.
This morning I will eat a good breaky, bake 2 pumpkin pies for a fundraiser at noon, shower, go to town to the playschool and church.
DH is home curled up on the couch with a cough. The world has ended, hahahahahaha.Hopefully he will stay outa my way, LOL.

I went to be bed at 9pm last night and had a great sleep. I have a low grade cold too. No fetal position for me.
Our big school council meeting is tonight with elections. I have been nominated co chair.
Interestingly, the parents who raised all the crap last year are at it again and are gong to the school today to raise some more stink. This is the whole reason I am on school council.To find a productive way of coping with issues and people like this. They have ASSUMED I am behind some gossip because I am on school council.Not true. I almost quit last year becasue of these people.
I knew it would come to this.
On the flip side of this, the guy from the school board media centre called to tell me there was nothing he could do to inprove my parent handbook. He went on to ask if I had written, compiled, layed it out etc… I said yes. I recevied the highest compliments. He was shocked to know I am computer and document virgin. Made my whole freakin year!!

I wont have time to comment personally so here is a collective HUG!!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:08 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I guess being a document virgin is something! Too funny, Hollyhock!

Pearshape, I just HAVE to find those tofu noodles. Next time I get to Ottawa, Ellis and I will do a Chinatown shop.

Mama, I'm glad you are feeling better (and lighter). I'd say it definitely was food poisoning but read my disclaimer. I thought of you yesterday when the poor phleb was trying to find a vein. When she finally did, it was a spurter and she ended up with blood on the floor, on my arms and hands and on her beautiful white lab coat! I am seriously considering getting a little faucet installed to make this whole thing easier.

Little Chick, I'm glad you are finding time to post with your busy days. Good luck resizing the pics. PM me if you need some help.

2 bt mom, it's dark and gloomy in Florida? I wish I could send you this radiant day. It's sunny and going to 78ºF - really unusual for this area! The geese are flying South though so something is coming soon. I need to tackle some heavy housework today as well.

I'm slowly getting semi-organized for my weekend company. Margo the Mum, Elaine the daughter and Bailey, my grandpuppy, of the Hyper Pypers are coming on Friday for an overnight. It should be a riot! Margo is the least hyper of the Hyper Pypers and is a great relaxed guest who will pitch in with whatever is going on. If Romano still hasn't finished my kitchen, she'll probably do that! It's Thanksgiving weekend so there will be lots going on in the Village so it should be fun!

I haven't done a laundry for over two weeks so it's time to get that going and sort the rest of it. It's a beautiful drying day so my line will be loaded. I love that fresh scent on sheets and towels!

Have a glorious Hump Day.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies!

I am having muffins made out of beans! And it's good! I will definitely make this again, but I didn't cook it long enough. I will have to remember that the next time. It is a good change from eggs. I am also enjoying a legal cup of hot chocolate. If people are not taking advantages of the recipes on this site they are truly missing out! I explore the recipes in spurts, but they really help you get out of a rut.

I had a slip up last night. Why did I do that? It wasn't even worth it. I'm so mad at myself. I was in detox too, b/c I was going to the bathroom every time I turned around. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Don't worry! I'm not going to beat myself up too much about it, b/c I know I just have to get back on the horse. I have meals and snacks planned today and I should be OP all day.

As long as DS doesn't get sick (he has a cruddy nose and something has been going around daycare), we are going to play golf at the par 3 course with another couple.

Well, better get to work! I hope everyone is having good day at the beach!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #11  

I have several "crows" this morning and one funny story.

1) Down 3 lbs inspite of s/f pudding and winter squash oopsies (the carb rush from the winter squash was orgasmic! That should have been my first clue that it was too good to be phase 1 .

2) Had a tremendously stressful day yesterday. I sold a piece of commercial property I own and negotiated the real estate agent down from 10% commission to....5% WOO HOOO . My gremlins kept creeping into my head to say "you could have done better, you could have gotten them to pay transfer taxes or legal fees" but I just tell them shut up - I did fine.

3) Thought all day about eating with the stress of upcoming contract negotiation. But the hardest part was AFTER the meeting. Between my insulin crashing from the adrenaline rush and the sense of victory I wanted to eat SUGAR but didn't. In retrospect, I imagine that it why I was drawn to eating the winter squash. Hmmmm.

However, by 10 p.m. I very nearly lost it. Between fatigue and PMS I HAD to have a sweetie. Hubby walked into kitchen exactly the moment I popped a piece of chocolate in my mouth. We both stood there looking at each other and noone spoke. He was waiting for me to say something but I couldn't with a mouthful of chocolate. He then started asking, "what's in your mouth? What's in your mouth? Huh? Huh? C'mon spit it out." I wouldn't answer and he backed me into a corner and squeezed my cheeks with one hand and kept the other under my chin to catch the offending morsel.

I laughed so hard I just had to spit it out. He said, "There. Now, don't you feel better?" and walked away.

Tough love. You can have it.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #12  
Kyemom

Taramoon- what an awesome support he is...you are so lucky!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #13  

[B]Wonderful Wednesday EveryBuddy![/B]

Ruth: Yummmm Chicken wings ! Maybe this weekend I'll make some Buffalo breasts! oh have Marge finish scraping the floor and have elaine paint the kitchen wall.. Those HyperPypers will have the house shipshape in no time!

Pearsy: I'm still looking for those noodles..Let us know if they're worth the hunt!

Mamacita: So glad you are getting better each day! and take that pound loss! you earned it darlin'

LC: Hugs darlin ..glad U R back we missed ya!

2 bt mom: Oooh a dark day.. good day to curl up on the couch with a afgan and a Good book!

HH: Ok, I'm tired again! you go go go go!!!

Djette: have fun at the golf course..a good way to get some exercise in to!!

Kye: ooh a new paint job brightens up a room totally! What colors??

Taramoon: I would say you had a GREAT DAY yesterday!!!! And that DH of yours is wonderful! Hmmpf, my husband calls himself the Pig Police on Pig Patrol. .. all in good fun !

Me: Well the house is clean as a shiny penny...Check; Laundry done: Check, Ironing -check...I think today I will begin my crafts!...
Have a Great DAY !!!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Schatzi- The dining room is a burnt orange/brick red cross,and the kitchen is a dark taupe, trim is glossy white. Living room will be a dark taupe/light brown cross. Looks so pretty!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, enjoy your bath and the not-so-hyper-Pypers visit!

Pear, good for you on the water! Hope the noodles are good!

Mama, if the loss makes you feel good, it counts. If what the scale says doesn't make you feel good right now, it doesn't count. Just my $0.02. Feel better, hon!

LC, wow, sickos all over and you did RFTC anyway? Good for you! Feel better soon!

Good luck with the housecleaning, 2 Bt! Jane Fonda...that brings back memories!

Kye, what color paint is DH using? Sounds fun! Tee-hee...looks like someone else asked, too! Did DH have to do a ton of coats with the brick red paint? Two of my friends had that problem with their red paints so I'm afraid to try it, but I love those warm colors!

Holly, sounds like you've found a hidden talent for graphic arts and publications! Sorry about the parents...they are one of the reasons I almost quit teaching. Congrats on staying OP!!!

Dana, isn't that hot chocolate great? It really helps me feel comfy-cosy and happy at the end of the day. I know what you mean about the "why-did-I-do-that" blues...but it's great that you jumped back on the horse!

Oh, Tara, I love your DH!!! That is great and totally something my DH would do. I bet you *did* feel better! Next time, have a fudgesicle or something, okay? Sounds like you did a GREAT job on getting that commission down...don't beat yourself up!

Schatzi, now that your house is done, want to do mine? Have you tried these? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58458 They are FABULOUS...not exactly buffalo wings, but they satisfy the craving for me.

Me: It's so good to post in the daily again! This seems like the first day in a while on this vacation that I wasn't running the moment I woke up! I'm heading to the gym as soon as I finish this. Then shower, lunch, and some packing/wrapping gifts or shopping with my dad. Tonight I get to visit with my friend Ange and her son Ethan (he's the preemie I told you all about last year). Fun!
Closed Thread