South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Beach Chat - Sept. 22

How strange! I was sure today was Wednesday. Duh!

The Girls are hollering for breakfast - thanks to my daft neighbour who just had to toot his horn as he was leaving at 5:30! I'll feed the darlings, get my coffee and come back.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:46 AM   #2  

Good morning Ruth!

Why would your neighbor blow his horn this early?

Well, I got up at a decent hour this morning. I played golf with DH on a par 3 course last night. It was nice. We needed the time together. I'm going to count an hour of it towards my exercise. We had a golf cart, but I could feel it in my legs walking the holes b/c of Tuesday's yoga workout!

I took a good look in the mirror this morning. It got me thinking. One of my short term goals is to make it to that 150 mark by the time I get my Thanksgiving company. That is 17 pounds away! I need to lose 17 pounds in 2 months to make that goal. Sometimes I look at it and think that its not that much and sometimes it seems like a ton. So, I had a good long talk with myself. I decided I needed to get my butt to the gym (plus that picture in the size thread is stuck in my head!) I also plan on trying to take one class at the gym a week. It doesn't matter what class. I just need that instruction to push me.

Well, gotta go do something for breakfast.

I hope eveyone has a good Thursday! I'm glad we are that much closer to the weekend.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks....I am back. The computer was in getting fixed. I have missed all of you and thought about how much I missed being here daily. I am going to go and try to catch up on everything.Hugs to all.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Ralph blows the horn on his darn truck to let his wife know he's leaving! Knowing Ralph, he also does it because he knows it bugs the neighbours. He's a real "good ole boy" and a "rowser dowser". He'd also be the first one over here if I needed help!

Anyhow, the one of the Girls had another "celebration" in the kitchen although I have picked all the mushrooms in their yard. Not a good way to start the day but I did guilt them into being good. They are sleeping on the couch now without a care in the world. A "dog's life" has a very positive meaning in this household.

Golf? Hmmm....I never did learn to play and may consider it next spring. We have a new course close to here with specials for Fair Board members. Just the walking would be good exercise.

It's so nice to see so many folks posting....and Beachgal is posting from sunny CA although she is on holidays. Ellis is still taking her course and will be MODing another Forum but will pop in every so often, I'm sure.

The plan for today? Well, I have to do a report for a Fair Board meeting tonight - I forgot it because I'm screwed up on dates. I have my meditation class at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30 so I'll just send my report and show up late for the meeting. If my luck holds, I'll be there just as it winds up. Hershey is going to my meditation class with me to "help" the instructor. I'll let you know how that works out.

So what's happening around your Beach Towel today?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Hugs back, Little Chick! We missed you!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks. It's going to be over 90 here today....welcome to fall ! I think I'll try leaving my air off still since tomorrow it's supposed to cool down. Hopefully just a fan will be OK. I made the meatball casserole last night..yummy. Definitely good for an italian craving. I made it with half beef and half morningstar crumbles. It was so rich and delicious that 3 meatballs was way more than enough. I plan to have some leftovers for lunch today. Hmm..now what to cook for tonight?? Maybe I'll just throw some leftovers together.

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:56 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Posting together again, Pearshape. (I just ate my breakfast pear, by the way!) The meatball casserole is on my to do list this morning.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #8  

Gooooooooood Mooooornnnninggggggg Chicadees!

LC: Wow, I was just thinking of you this morn... glad 2 C U back on line darlin'!!! Missed your daily posts..

Djette: never could get the hang of golf, but I am a terror on the miniature golf course

Ruth: Hmmpf DAFT neighbor is right!

Today I'm going to make that meatball casserole with pearsys mashed beans... but right now I must rescue the resident toad.. My girls terrorize the poor thing each morning..It must secrete something icky since each time Darby or Casey try to bite it they snarfle and begin to froth at the mouth..I hope it's not something poisonous to them. . A chock full day of chores planned today... so must get UP UP UP and AT'EM! Have a GREEEAAAAT DAY!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #9  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Ruth I had just the opposite problem this morning...I'm so anxious for the weekend, I woke up hoping today was Friday! You could give your obnoxious neighbor a taste of his own medicine. Get one of those air horns and blast it in his direction 5:30 Sunday morning. If he comes over and complains, just smile sweetly and tell him he awakened you so nicely and you just wanted to return the favor!

I'm hoping one of our experts here can answer a question for me:

Phantom Weight Loss/Gain. Does this happen to anyone but me? I step on the scale and it shows...oh lets pick a number...177. The next morning, just for grins, the scale shows 180! And it KEEPS showing it for the next few days, and we've been keeping OP. Then as mysteriously as it appeared, the extra pounds are gone and the original 177 is back. Why does this happen?

The only other thing going is that I still don't have a replacement at the nursing home. After my report to the admin/Dr. Boss, they decided they didn't want that gal (Thank God!!) So, I'm back at Square One.

Tomorrow afternoon, I head off to the north Georgia area to retreat with my friends for a weekend of fibery fun. The 4 of us will spend 2 days just spinning, talking, and I'll be trying to stay OP as much as possible! The house is pre-Civil War, and was used as a Confederate Hospital, so I may have some ghost stories to tell!

Good morning, Pear and Schatzi...and Schatzi, yes, Toads are poison to animals! Please do rescue the poor thing, he's helping to keep the skeeters under control. Give the girls a rawhide to chew on and maybe that will keep them happy!

Okay, I gotta fly!

Hope you all have wonderful day on the Beach!

Last edited by Mamacita; 09-22-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 AM   #10  

YIKES .. I missed all these posts..It takes me awhile to write mine !

anyways, Pearsy.. we are having the same with the heat.. gonna be in the 90s and 80s all week... I sure hope October brings some cool autumn weather! Somethings not right wearing shorts at the end of September!!!

Mama: Sorry things didnt work out with the new Sticker..but may be better for your patients that she had to go!... GADZOOKS! I will try to keep the girls clear of Mr Toad! Your girls trip sounds like it's gonna be great fun! Wow how much history that house has seen! Enjoy..Oh and yes, I have the exact same weight thing happening for the last month... I've seen it go to 177... and then down to 172 in the course of a day! I dunno... Water or Sodium retention.. Fat shifting?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Morning girls!!! Eberyone sounds chipper today. I too thought it must be Friday...What a crappy week I have had, so wishful thinking I guess. I really need to have a weekend..need to get out of this **** hole of an office!!! I am starting to send out resumes today!! I will teach them to mess with me!! lol...hahaha..Anyhoo...have a great day..BTW my dinner out with DH was wonderful, had a few not so SBD choices, but wonderful....I will be a good girl now!! Welcome bacl LC, we missed u too!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I've been MIA as I was helping my friend move into her new apartment all day.She hopes she doen't have to move again. Some of you problably understand.All the preperation of packing & unpacking. YIKES Hope that I would have top move anomore after being here for 8 yrs.Going to play canaster this afternoon,so I'm be back tomorrow.

Ruth-Some people are really inconsiderdate to others when making loud noises especially at that time of the morning.Hope you'll find your ZZZZZZ's tonight.Why doesn't the old boy, give his better half a KISS and be done with saying goodbye.

Little chick- Happy to hear your back on line I'm completely lost if I don't get one at least 3 x's a day.

Pearshape-couldn't deal this 90's again TG we're down in the 70"s love this Autumn Weather. Wow!! your Italian Dish sound yummmy. I'm eating Italian to night also, some thing that I picked up from my free Kraft Recipe Magazine.

Schatzi-looks like were all cooking Italian tonight. I love meatballs, thanks for the meatball casserole idea Hope the toad gets away.

Mamacita- Sound like your going to lots of fun this weekend with your friends.Put the old nursing home out of your mind when you down in North Georgia and relax.

And to all that follow this post Hi and have a nice day.

Hugs BB
Old 09-22-2005, 09:42 AM   #13  

BB: DO NOT MENTION THAT 4 Letter Word AGAIN I don't want to M O V E Again! But Sigh, I know it will be one more within the next 2 years..hopefully in our FINAL Nest! Ohhhhh I wish I was playing cards with you..I never learned Canasta... and Darlin' BB, the meatball casserole is not of my doing.. seems the gals here have been making it this week..and well, I'm jumping on the bandwagon! I would do that souffle chicken the gals have been raving about.. but I would make it just for me since DH hates spinach... anything he considers that has a "slimy" feel to it like mushrooms and onions and well hmmpf, his loss! Last night we had left over cola chicken... now that was YUMALICIOUS!! I broke down and shredded it, and put it over sourdough english muffins steeped it in some extra sauce .. with a loverly tossed salad..

And Ruth: I agree..get a Air Horn or a megaphone, and go out into the yard at 5:00 and call for HERSHEY and LUCY...Breakfast!!!! and then say HEY RALPHIE BOY!!! UP UP UP!!!

and Kyemom: The glass is half Full G'fren!!! You got a job.. and I bet you will get a better one to boot!!!!! Good Luck!!!!! And just one more day till the weekend Hang in that babbalouie!!!!

Okay, today the crack mobile is getting cleaned inside..then outback to rake leaves and about a ton of pine cones!

Last edited by Schatzi; 09-22-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
I've had this window open a while so I'm sure I missed a post or too.
Ruth I think it's a man thing Announce when they're leaving announce when they have Thank Goodness he doesn't have a bullhorn.
Dana Sounds like you had a fun night!
LilChick WB!
Pear We still have summer weather for NJ its going to be 85 but this weekend going down to 70! I love fall
Hey Shatzi
Mama your weekend sounds so fun!
Kye I'm glad you had a good time

BB you're so good to help your friend move When DH moved into our appt alot of ppl Dissappeared that weekend. I've heard of Canasta but I don't know how it's played

I fell off the beachtowel last night at the coffee house but today I'm swilling water and back OP I actually think one of my gfs is sabotaging me i hope it's not conciously. Me and one GF were goign to split an app (they have killer Fresh Mozz and Tomatoes)
so we ask her and she says What about Spinach dip? which has Tortillas with it and no veggies. My other gf instantly said yes (it is good dip) and then I was left a deer in headlights.
After we Left this all kind of made sense to me I asked my gfs to support me in Not eating the stuff I'm not supposed to. and the one who is heavier said yes instantly and the skinny one (who's gained 2 pounds and says she's fat) said nothing.
I hate to say it but I think subconciously she wants to stay 1 of the 2 skinny ones and have us be the chunky ones and it kinda makes me mad
She's also done this before "have a kitkat Kierie" she knows I'm on the Beach (which she doesn't approve of. GRRR.
Now I'm determined to kick even more ARSE!
I'm not stepping back on the scale till Oct 1 so I can see how I did with Septembers goal.
BBIAB
Kierie
Old 09-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Nice snotty attitude, Kierie! I love it! Can't say ball busting so I'll say ovary tromping!
Just dashing through for a minute and then I will FINISH that frassing report! Then I'll do the meatballs and maybe Taco Bake to freeze. I've just invited some friends for dinner on the weekend which will give me more freezer room!
Closed Thread