South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Rejoined on my own July 5th. Will join this group. Glad I refound this website. Guess I need to spen time and make a pretty posting.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:23 PM   #47  

Hello ladies,

Gettinfit - I do the same thing, hop on the scale before I go to the bathroom and then after. I think when I see the loss it encourages me to stay focus. Of course when it's not a good reading and i'm thinking i've done well then I have to remind myself it's the scale.

hereicome - glad you found us.

Pearshape - one thing i noticed when i'm on SB and it's my TOM. I don't have any of the chocolate cravings that I use to have. I know that is what SB is about no cravings but I figured when I"m TOM they would be there.

What are you all eating for breakfast? I have been eating scramble eggs for breakfast, getting tired of that.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 07-11-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #48  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello Ladies,

Welcome to the group hereicome.

1day@atime: I don't like eggs so I've been eating canadian bacon, V8 juice, skim milk and a cup of coffee w/sf hazelnut coffeemate. I can't wait to have a slice of whole grain toast w/ peanutbutter!

Hope everyone had a good Monday. So far I've had a good day. I FINALLY got started exercising today. I did a Walk Away the Pounds Video and it felt so good. My goal is 3-4 times this week.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:33 AM   #49  
Melinda

S/C/G: 301/285/140

Height: 5"3

Default Day one of Week 2!!

Hello ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I finally got off my butt this morning and jumped on the eliptical for 20 mins. Now i just have to keep it up!

Gettenfit/Pearshaped: I've decided not to look at the scale until after the end of phase one or longer. This morning i weighted myself and i didn't loose anything when i know i have been real good with my diet. I don't get hungrey anymore at night and i don't eat as much at meal time. Plus this my TOM also so i doubt i would loose any weight during it. I hope the added exercise will help also.

Hereicome: Welcome!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:58 AM   #50  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good Morning Ladies and Happy Tuesday

Way to go TexasPixiStix with the exercise I finally got off my butt yesterday and did the Walk Away The Pounds 1 Mile Super Challenge video. I felt really good afterwards. Hopefully it will help the fat come off faster

This morning when I got up my first inclination was to get on the scale but thankfully I've moved it out of the bathroom so it takes effort to go get it. I am NOT going to weigh until Sunday

Hope all you beach chicks have a great Tuesday!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #51  

Good evening, I work 12 hr. shifts, so I don't get on the computer till now.I think I might try to resist the scale tomorrow, maybe even longer !! I resisted free chinese food at lunch, so that sure saved tons of calories. I was quite proud of myself for it. Got the 1 oz bag of nuts for an evening snack and I didn't even finish tham. Eating salad, all all the other stuff I am suppose to do. Looking forward to some legal fruit and sandwhich bread. HEREICOME
Old 07-12-2005, 10:06 PM   #52  
Stay Focused & Committed

Congratulations hereicome on resisting the FREE Chinese food. I'm proud of you too! Keep up the good work and you'll be at your goal before you know it. I am looking forward to having fruit again too. I've already decided that when I start Phase 2 on Sunday, I'm having some cherries
Old 07-13-2005, 08:03 AM   #53  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Job sticking with it, ladies! Stay OP!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #54  
Melinda

Hereicome: Resisting chinese food would be very difficult for myself as well. I used to eat it at least once a week. I am also looking forward to phase 2. I miss my fruit!

I didn't exercise this morning . I have to leave for work at around 8 and i am not a morning person. It is so hard to get up a hour earlier to exercise and then by the time i fright traffic to get home, its time to eat dinner. So by the time i let my food settle it is too late to work out. These sound like excuses but i have to figure something out. Is exercising at night bad? (around 7pm?) I heard it keeps your metabolism up and you can't fall asleep.

Last edited by TexasPixiStix; 07-13-2005 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #55  

Hello ladies,

Texaspixistix - I never heard that exercising at night is bad. I'm kinda of in the same boat, EXCEPT I say i'm too tired at night. I leave work at 7:15am and don't get back in the house til 6:45 - 7:00pm. by the time i eat, put a load of laundry in, or something it's like 8:45-9:00..i'm just too tired by then, but I know I should. I thinking why not try and see if it does mess up your sleeping. It doesn't hurt to try.

Hereicome - WTG on passing up Chinese food. YOU GO GIRL

I need to get back on track with my exercise. I did it twice last week and have not this week.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-13-2005, 04:02 PM   #56  
Melinda

I asked this same question to the girls in the fitness forum and most of them exercise at night also, so there! I don't have an excuse!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #57  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies, I hope everyone had a good day.

TexasPixiStix: I usually exercise in the evening and I don't have a problem sleeping. In fact, I think I sleep better

Today I did Walk Away The Pounds 2 mi video I'm trying to get back in the habit of doing it 4 times a week.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #58  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good for you ladies! I can't seem to get my butt up and exercise consistently! I've got to but once the rain quits and I can get out to the woods exercise it might be easier. I've been good on the diet part so I'm crossing my fingers that my lack of activity won't show up on the scale on Monday!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:57 PM   #59  

I haven't worked on the excercising yet. Right now, I am happy with myself just to stay on track with the food. I am begining to get some mental feeling of well being because I am actually sticking to this way of life with my food. I did this last year and stayed on it 10 months until my husband was diagnosed with cancer, then everything changed. I didn't gain all the weight back, but it was a 15 pound gain. I know I can do it and this works.Husband is through surgery and treatment and is now cancer free. I certainly want to be a healthy person myself and losing the weight is something I have control over.I still can't figure out how to make my ruler. I have to go back to read. I keep trying and I'm missing something.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:19 PM   #60  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hereicome: I'm glad your husband is doing better. I also want to lose weight not just to look good but to be healthy. It's encouraging to know that you stayed on SB for 10 months. I really like this way of eating and I plan to stick with it for life. My SIS and BIL started SB on Monday and I am so happy because they both need to lose weight. My sister and I are very close and I want her to be healthy too.

You guys are all such an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread