South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Phase 2 Sample Menus

Hi y'all....

Could all of you that are on Phase 2 give me a sample menu from your day? I'm looking to see what you eat and when. If you can include times (or time of day) that would also be helpful for me.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #2  

Yesterday's menu was:

Breakfast - oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, Splenda and Cinnamon and a glass of Metamucil

Snack - red pepper with hummus

Lunch - leftover Peking pasta (WW thin spaghetti, chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini in a soy ginger sauce)

Snack - raw cauliflower

Dinner - Mu Shu Turkey (supposed to be pork but I had turkey tenderloin so I used that) - turkey, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, a little carrot, ginger, chicken broth, egg, green onions, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, one teaspoon cornstarch) served over two small WW tortillas One glass of 1% milk with some SF vanilla syrup

Normally I have oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. One day a week I might have egg substitute with mushroom and onions wrapped in a tortilla or some WW bread.

Lunch is normally leftovers from dinner.

Dinner varies a lot. One day this week will be pork chops with rice and asparagas and green beans. One night will be pita bread pizzas. One night will be ham, SF spicy cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and broccoli. Basically I eat one serving of meat, one starch and 2 cups of vegetables for dinner.

Dessert - Sugarfree crustless strawberry pie with a teaspoon of Whip Cream
Old 07-19-2005, 03:41 PM   #3  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi Jen I don't know if this will help you any but this is what I am doing.

I have pretty much stuck with P1 foods for the most part each day. This is a pretty typical weekday/workday for me:

Break - sliced turkey, cheese stick, cucumbers, tomatoes. Sometimes this will be left over dinner depends on how much time I have. I have a 30-45 drive to work so I usually portion out that I am going to eat and then eat it while I am driving to work.

mid morning snack - bean salad and sometimes depending on how much execise I did that morning I have a V8 also. Sometimes I have leftovers from breakfast and finish them up. Just depends on how I am feeling that day.

Lunch - pretty much is always left over dinner. Like a chicken breast, romain/spinach salad, and another veggie or Taco Bake, spinach or broccoli. Sometimes I use the SB frozen meals but not very often because they are so high in salt.

mid afternoon snack - this one varries alot but here are just a few of the things I do. 4 strawberries (or whatever it takes to get 3/4 cup), 1/2 cup cottage cheese, chunck of low fat cheese, breakfast cheese cake, cheese stick, V8 or bean salad depening on what I had for morning snack.

Dinner - usually something like chicken and two cooked veggies or Taco Bake with a salad and steam broccoli or pork chops with black beans and spinach. It all depends on what I have had for the day so far on what I put with my protein that night.

evening snack - usually something in the dessert line. Cheese cake cupcake with a little bit of simply fruit jam on it or sf/ff pudding with cool whip or the peanut butter cup w/simply fruit jam. I always try to make this my sweet for the day. For me it works better than putting it in earlier. Sometimes it can cause emotional stress eating for me if I eat something sweet tasting at work when I am stressed to begin with.

I also use fitday every day to make sure I am staying within my calorie, fat and carb range. I plan my meals for the week on the weekend and look at what I am eating so that I don't have to much of one thing in a day (to many beans or to much dairy). I also make sure I have some quick dinner items on hand just incase something happens and I can't make the dinner I had planned.

My weekends run about the same except I do a different breakfast each day that usually includes either oatmeal, cereal or toast. It usually ends up being like scambled eggs w/onion/lf cheese, bacon and oatmeal or cereal or toast with a veggie fritata. I also try something new on the weekend for dinner or lunch depending on my schedule just to see 1. if we like it and 2. how easy or hard it is to make.

I am continueing to loose several inches and about 5 pounds a month and even though I would like it to be more I am happy with the way I am feeling and any loss is a gain.... or something like that.

Hope this helps you some and good luck.

Last edited by Sheba's Mom; 07-19-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #4  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Jen I was just reading Barb's reply and it got me to thinking. I have discovered that I can't eat fruit or grains in the morning on a work day as it always sets off cravings. I can on the weekend though and I think it is becaus I am more active on the weekends not just setting at my desk at work.

I think everyone's body and environment is different and that you will probably have to experiment to see what works and doesn't work for you.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'm with Sheba's Mom...I can't eat grains or fruit before lunch or I get cravings.

Here's a typical menu:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with grape tomatoes OR tomato basil burger with slice of cheese and peppers with hummus OR protein shake with FF yogurt, protein powder, a dollop of SF jam, ice, etc.

Snack: 1 cup FF yogurt with dollop of SF jam, cinnamon, 1 packet splenda and 2 Tbsp wheat germ

Lunch: leftovers from the night before, contains a starch if I'm not having one at dinner. Today it was a pork chop and a cup of wax bean salad (with wax beans and tomatoes) along with a cup of refried beans with LF mexican cheese and salsa. I had two Philly Swirl popsicles for a dessert.

Snack: Serving of fruit and a serving of protein. (apple with PB, orange with cheese stick, pear with Laughing Cow, etc.)

Dinner: Something with protein, lots of veggies, and a starch, if I didn't have one at lunch.

Dessert: Hot cocoa (made from scratch with SF syrup) and a PB cup (or a plain fudgesicle if I had the PB earlier in the day)
Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

These are all great! The last two days I have eaten Kashi GoLean cereal with skim milk and blueberries, and by my midmorning snack I am STARVING! It sure doesn't last as long as an egg does!

Should I eat a protein along with the cereal--would that work?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:47 PM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

You could try adding protein with your cereal. You are the best judge of what your body needs. Try it and see if your STARVING feeling goes away.

I would also double check the ingredients in your cereal to make sure there isn't any hidden sugar in it that might be causing your problem.

If you are truely hungry by snack time, rather than just craving something, it could also be that you just aren't eating enough for breakfast and need to add a little bit more to it.

In the end you may end up on the same side of the beach as beachgal and I and not be able to eat grains and fruit for breakfast. But you need to keep trying different things until it feels right for you. It took me a long time to figure out I can't do the grains and fruit for breakfast.

Good Luck!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:47 PM   #8  

Jen the same thing happened to me when I would eat the Uncle Sam cereal for breakfast. I found that if I had oatmeal with walnuts in the morning, I would be okay until my snack. Maybe try eating an egg along with your cereal, or just sticking with a protein for breakfast and saving your starch for later in the day like some others have said.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I eat the Kashi GoLean for breakfast with blueberries and skim milk too. But I add in a v-8 too. It fills me. Try a hard boiled or a v-8 with it?

I am not the best person to ask for a menu though. I've been on P2 for 3 weeks now and haven't dropped anything. No matter how I tweak it.

Maybe I should post my meals so you DON'T eat them
Closed Thread