South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 08:36 AM   #16  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome Chicks. I too am doing a modified phase 1 as I have done the regular one atleast a dozen times. I just can't give up my fruit.
There could be worse things in life to eat. I am also trying to make sure that I eat atleast 25 grams a fiber a day. I have bowl trouble in my family and I don't want to end up down the same road as my mom, uncle and know my sister is starting to have troubles as well. We have a great bunch on chicks here so you will get lots of support.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:37 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rah! Rah! for the ONEers. Remember that you may feel a bit wobbly the first few days on Phase I and may have to take it easier on the exercise.
Go, GIRLS, and welcome to the first time posters.
Be sure to read the Phase I handbook in this Forum as well as the FAQ Section.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:00 AM   #18  
Kyemom

I felt weird this morning when I woke up. I got out of the shower and felt very lightheaded and queazy. (Like being preg...but that is not it!!lol) I am on day 6 of Phase 1 and been very good. I think the lack og carbs is catching up with me...Def no strenuous excercise today.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #19  

Hi Kyemom, yep, you'll feel a bit wonky the first week... it gets better ..I decided no exercise during phase 1--except for leisure paced walks , just to allow my body to detox and get use to South beachin...I added it right back in when I went to phase 2. Try not to do tooo much on PH1 okay?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #20  

Make sure you are drinking enough water and that you are getting enough healthy carbs - lots of vegetables and things like beans/legumes. And I agree that taking it easy on the exercise is smart in phase 1.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #21  
Kyemom

Thanks girls, now I know I am not just a wimp..lol
Old 07-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #22  

Hello Ladies,

So far so good, trying to drink lots of water. I've done this before and I know the key for me is being prepared with approved foods, otherwise I eat whatever is available. Also eating my veggies.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #23  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

YAY for being prepared!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #24  
Melinda

S/C/G: 301/285/140

Height: 5"3

Default Day "uno"

Hey girls! First day has been going alright so far even though i miss my Dr Pepper for lunch, but i have discovered sugar-free kool-aid and it rocks!
Dinner tonight should be interesting. I plan on making Tilapia with some veggies with a chocolate shake for dessert (found the receipe on this we site). I bought the ingredients for the breakfast cheese cake receipe i found on here and may try to make that for tomorrow!

Good Luck to everyone!
Old 07-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #25  

Hey everyone!! And good luck to you all!!

I started phase one again today and plan on being VERY strict on it as I have to be in a swimsuit by 7/16/05. My problem tends not to be the food part, but the exercise and beer! I am going to try cooking more of the recipees too as ff hotdogs are getting OLD!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking Phase 1.5

Ok Ladies
I think I am gonna do phase 1.5 since the diabetes thing is still a big issue. I'll do 1 fruit and some nuts to make it work.
So far things are good on my stretch of the Beach

Last edited by joe anne; 07-05-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:22 PM   #27  

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Got through day 1 with no problems. Last night I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes. My goal tonight is 25 minutes. One of my problems is my meals. I tend to eat the same thing over and over then I get tired and go off. One of my short term goals is to try something new. So i'm going to look at the recipes and find something to make.

JoAnne - You do what works for you. You definitely don't want to mess around with diabetes. Even with a modifed version you will still lose weight.

Gitterdone - I too have the problem with exercise, and I also tend to eat the same stuff. I haven't tried the ff hot dogs, that actually sounds good.

TexasPixieStix - How was the tilapia? Did you grill it or bake it? That chocholate shake sounds good.

We'll I need to run, getting ready to eat my luch. I have a large green salad, with tomatos and cucumbers, some turkey breast, hard boiled egg white and moz cheese, for dessert ff jello.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:29 PM   #28  
Melinda

Hey Girls! Hope everyone's "day 2" is going well. I was a little upset this morning when i weighed myself with my new scale. It said i was 4 lbs more than my other one! Well i checked with 2 other scales and sadly the new scale was right. Anyhow, today at work was my first challenge when i had to watch the other girls eat what i normally would have but i sticked to my leftovers. Ever notice that when you first go on a diet everyone offers you what you can't have but what you really want? What i really miss is my starbucks! For me, coffee just does not taest the same without sugar (splenda and other artifical sweetners do nothing for me).

1 day--The Tilapia was pretty good grilled. It is one of the only fish i will eat since it doesn't have a "fishy" taest. The chocholate shake was alright too!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #29  
Kyemom

I miss Starbucks too...I went there yesterday and orderes a SF, FF 3 equal vanilla latte.....YUCK...not quite a white chocolate mocha with Whipped cream.....that sugar alcohol in the SF syrup made it taste so weird.....I wish I could have a real starbucks!!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 AM   #30  
Melinda

Default I think i just cheated.....

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today. Well i lost 3 lbs since Tuesay, but i just had Dannon light and fit/carb control yogurt for breakfast. It has 3 grams of carbs, one of which is 1 gram of sugar.
I know i am not supposed to have sugar and am dissapointed. I looked in the SB book to see if it said how may grams of carbs i can have daily but could not find it. Its been a while since i read to book cover to cover so i probably was not looking in the right place. Do yall have an idea?

Thanks!

**for what its worth, it taested pretty good **
Closed Thread