South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:02 PM   #1  
Sugar Free Mommy

Default Greetings from Toronto! (I'm a newbie)

Hey everyone!
I am new to the Beach and am already loving it! I can already freel the warmth... My name is Jenn and I'm 26 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years and I have a 2.5 year old son, Ali, who keeps me on my toes 24/7 and is truly a blessing (sometimes in disguise!). I have a few courses left to complete my BA in Linguistics. I used to work at a gym doing customer service, which was awesome because I worked out every day and was really motived but I decided I watnted to spend more time with my son so I quit.

Now I spend my days fingerpainting, playing with play-doh, blowing bubbles and reading lots of books (often the same one 6 times a day), and just having lots of fun being a mom! I plan to homeschool Ali and have already started laying down the foundation. We really enjoy learning together. You'd never believe how much there is to learn from a 2 year old.

As for weight - well, I've been heavy since I was around 5. My weight has consumed me for as long as I can remember. The only diet that ever worked for me up until now was Atkins but I always felt so horrible while on it - constipation, headaches, unbelievable cramps in my legs... the list goes on. I actually just switched from Atkins to SBD 1 week ago and really feel like I'm in heaven. Not to have to count out my cups of vegetables every day is a blessing!

I've been lurking in here for about a week now and think you guys are just awesome. I love the support and friendship and would love to be a part of that! Today is day 14 of my new way of eating and I have lost a total of 13.5 pounds and am thrilled!

Anyway, I should probably run. I just wanted to say hello.

Take care,
Jenn
Old 01-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Jenn!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:52 PM   #3  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Jenn!!

Welcome to the SBD! We are so glad to meet you, and look forward to you posting in the "Dailys." Lots of support, and information shared around here + we have fun together! That's the best part!

Come back often!
sharon
Old 01-23-2004, 09:00 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey welcome to the beach where the waters always warm and the company is always friendly! I have only been on the beach a couple of days myself but feel right at home. Looking forward to seein ya around the beach hangin out!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. Hey, great weightloss over the two weeks! (You wouldn't happen to live in The Beaches in Tranna, would you? It would be appropriate.)
Old 01-24-2004, 08:13 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Hi Jenn Welcome!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:29 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Jenn!! You're doing so well!
Closed Thread